The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Rename Flame Lash to Lukewarm Noodleslap

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    It hits hard enough (taken with 2.1k Spell Damage and 41k Magicka)

With nb passives and skill such a relentless, that spell dmg/magicka would do 10k + on concealed.

On a stam nb it would be even higher with the armour debuff.

Give whip an armour debuff, it'll help out dk dmg in pvp as a whole and won't affect pve dps at all, as tanks will major breach/fracture bosses.

Difference is smaller than you think, because this one was taken with the same amount of Magicka, same CP setup but with 500 Spell Damage more

That's without including the crit chance + dmg passives, the 8% dmg buff via merciless. The 10% dmg buff via cloaking.

Right, right... like a 10% Extra Crit chance, Snares, Increased Burn Damage, Extra Damage + Heal when hitting off balance enemies, ...

If we start adding in other skills/passives, this would turn into another class vs class topic. So let's keep it purely on the skill here: Flame Lash is not as weak as ppl think it is. Period.

If I were to DW instead of using S&B (extra Reflect + Synergy with Draconic Power passives) to get my Spell Damage on par, I'd be hitting just as hard as my MagBlade

Difference is on a mag dk, your basically forced into s+b unless you want to be a paper cannon.

Whip needs some sort of dmg boost. Whats wrong with adding a spell resist debuff?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avalon wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

But seriously, flame lash needs either a decent buff or to become an execute skill. I've had so many fights recently in PVP that I just can't close out despite being the better player for 80% of the fight, because Mag DK just has no execute.

So either do as title says, or perhaps something along the lines of an extra damage execute on target under 25%, like how every other mana class has.

Plz and thx.

TITLE is AWESOME! xD

Seconded. The complaint is bordering on ridiculous, but the title is PRICELESS!!

fact of the matter is that OP is right. flame whip is a joke.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hits hard enough (taken with 2.1k Spell Damage and 41k Magicka)

With nb passives and skill such a relentless, that spell dmg/magicka would do 10k + on concealed.

On a stam nb it would be even higher with the armour debuff.

Give whip an armour debuff, it'll help out dk dmg in pvp as a whole and won't affect pve dps at all, as tanks will major breach/fracture bosses.

Difference is smaller than you think, because this one was taken with the same amount of Magicka, same CP setup but with 500 Spell Damage more

That's without including the crit chance + dmg passives, the 8% dmg buff via merciless. The 10% dmg buff via cloaking.

Right, right... like a 10% Extra Crit chance, Snares, Increased Burn Damage, Extra Damage + Heal when hitting off balance enemies, ...

If we start adding in other skills/passives, this would turn into another class vs class topic. So let's keep it purely on the skill here: Flame Lash is not as weak as ppl think it is. Period.

If I were to DW instead of using S&B (extra Reflect + Synergy with Draconic Power passives) to get my Spell Damage on par, I'd be hitting just as hard as my MagBlade

Difference is on a mag dk, your basically forced into s+b unless you want to be a paper cannon.

Whip needs some sort of dmg boost. Whats wrong with adding a spell resist debuff?

There's nothing wrong with that, but I just don't think it should be added to Whip. Maybe to another skill

A small damage buff would be ok tho (to actually be on par with CW and such, cuz I think the damage diff is pretty minimal)
    Edited by Tryxus on June 26, 2016 11:11PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lukewarm noodleslap :D:D:D:D
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Actually_Goku
    At-least you get a awesome skill to use as a Mag DK since my Stam DK could definitely use that flame lash because oh that life steal...
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. Flame Lash/Molten Whip are both ***.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

But seriously, flame lash needs either a decent buff or to become an execute skill. I've had so many fights recently in PVP that I just can't close out despite being the better player for 80% of the fight, because Mag DK just has no execute.

So either do as title says, or perhaps something along the lines of an extra damage execute on target under 25%, like how every other mana class has.

Plz and thx.

TITLE is AWESOME! xD

Seconded. The complaint is bordering on ridiculous, but the title is PRICELESS!!

Fact of the matter is that there are several abilities in this game that are bigger jokes... So, be glad yours is at least better than them?
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

TITLE is AWESOME! xD

Fact of the matter is that there are several abilities in this game that are bigger jokes... So, be glad yours is at least better than them?

You meant like giving a slow burn class no real easy way to close the fight besides an ultimate? That's the real joke.

GIVE MAG DKS AN EXECUTE FFS
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place they're bad is in PvP though.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I should mention, this is more directed for PVP. I honestly couldn't care about PVE because as it's been mentioned, Lash is fine in PVE.

BUT. As I mentioned in my original post, Mag DK has no execute! Stam builds have Executioner, so they're covered. Magblades have Impale, Magplars have JESUS BEAM and Sorcs obviously have EF/MW.

Yes, we have an awesome plethora of awesome abilities, and probably the best DOT's, but DOT's are useless in PVP unless you're playing against some chewb who's never played, and as someone mentioned, if we don't run 1h & shield, we're absolute dead meat.

I can keep going on but the point is, I'd rather the CHANCE of healing yourself when someone's off-balance take a 50% nerf for even a small buff in execute skill or for example, minor sorcery. Something to help with closing out fights. It's bad enough I'm running around with no mobility, stealth or range, surely we can get this small bone thrown our way?
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

TITLE is AWESOME! xD

You meant like giving a slow burn class no real easy way to close the fight besides an ultimate? That's the real joke.

GIVE MAG DKS AN EXECUTE FFS

Basically this. I'm a PVP oriented player, and I can't burning embers people to death.

1v1 me brahs I'll whoop dat azz.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, i would be fine with having no execute if this was compensated by having higher steady DPS (than the classes/specs which do have execute).

If i manage to put all my DOTs on an enemy he should be screaming in panic and pushed into defensive, not casually cleansing them, shielding them, or outhealing them with a single vigor cast then continue to put more steady DPS into me than i ever could be capable of - followed by an execute, just to rub it in.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your complaining about a skill that, does good damage, heals you and doesn't really cost that much!!!
  • TheMachineKiller
    TheMachineKiller
    ✭✭✭
    Title of the year award goes to this man.
    Vehemence
    Solo Extraordinaire
      Miss Machine - AD Wolfskull - DC Ok Cool - DC Wheremigoin - DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your complaining about a skill that, does good damage, heals you and doesn't really cost that much!!!

Good damage, my 3.2k lashes in pvp say otherwise.

I hit a guy for 8.9k Suprise attack today. After my 4.5k medium weave.

But hey 3.2k lashes
    PS4 EU DC

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with magDK is not that Flame Lash hits for low amounts. It's the fact that magDKs have to build much more around defense, therefore forsaking their offense because otherwise they are simply not survivable.
    On my magBlade I can go all into magicka, light armor and still have a decent survivability while having high damage. Try the same on magDK and well. High damage yes, survivability is more or less zero.

But that is an issue that boils down to the burst meta Wrobel gave us.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Timing. Get your deep breath, talon, ember on and ensure a hard CC is used every 6 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

Build for sustain and survivability. 5 heavy. 2 swords both with sharpened. Put CPs into spell pen.

Put disease on your weapons so you stick a health defile on the target.

But....I do agree FL needs a little buff.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eugenstash wrote: »
    Now I want noodles...

I switched over to whole wheat noodles and pasta, give it a shot...you wont go back.

I do eat whole wheat pasta, but I always stick to the rice noodles, they are so delicious <3
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My noodle must be made with some really good Spaghetti sauce because mine hits pretty hard mate
    Dat crit doe...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    My noodle must be made with some really good Spaghetti sauce because mine hits pretty hard mate
    Dat crit doe...

Hit hard and get hard harder i'm guessing?
    PS4 EU DC

• Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    *sigh*

Timing. Get your deep breath, talon, ember on and ensure a hard CC is used every 6 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

Build for sustain and survivability. 5 heavy. 2 swords both with sharpened. Put CPs into spell pen.

Put disease on your weapons so you stick a health defile on the target.

But....I do agree FL needs a little buff.

I'm honestly grateful for thoughtful posts like this; I agree with all of your points, but they just serve to highlight the fact that Mag DK needs an execute. It's probably the most intricate and "chess-like" (for lack of a better expression) class to use in PVP, we fight and fight and fight, are in many cases the better player, but often lose or die because old-mate FOTM StamDK or Magblade can cleanse/purge our DOT's (the best one is also our main class self-heal) and then burst kill us within 4 seconds spamming cloak, concealed weapon, surprise attack, wrecking blow etc etc, which all do much more damage than noodle does.

It doesn't even need an actual base buff - JUST PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAKE IT AN EXECUTE SKILL; an extra 100% damage on targets under 25% is VERY conservative in comparison to all other executes and surely not much to ask?
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xblackroxe wrote: »
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

Come on do you really expect whip to do as much damage as concealed or whatever other ability on a HA DK? Get a setup like a Nightblade then see what Whip does.
    Its the strongest magicka spam ability in PvE so change your gear if you don´t want to hit like a noodle.

rekt
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Mirelurk
    Mirelurk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm voting for "pissweak weasel nonce"
    Knights of Nirn | Daggerfall Covenant | PC | NA server

Swamplurk | V16 | Breton | Sorceror
    Morass | V16 | Breton | Templar
    Knightmire | V16 | Imperial | Dragonknight
    Catagory | V9 | Khajit | Nightblade

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We (mDK) will not get an execute. Closest thing we had was the buff to heavy attacks. Lol. Now give us unpurgeable dots (which would be too OP imo) or a magic evasion with some aoe and a slight buff to flame lash and maybe even add a health defile to flame lash and we can call it good.

But let's be honest, if they would fix our GDB or CB I would be happy as a clown when it came to PVP.

MDK requires work to pvp them correctly atm.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In that case, let's rename all of the Sorc shields to.......you know what, don't rename them. By the time you've thought of a new name the shield has worn off anyway.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    In that case, let's rename all of the Sorc shields to.......you know what, don't rename them. By the time you've thought of a new name the shield has worn off anyway.

Only people still salty about sorc shields are the bad ones.
    PS4 EU DC

• Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »

Patch notes: Conjured Ward and it's morphs have had their duration reduced from 20 seconds to 6 seconds and have been renamed Conjured What?
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm bumping this because I demand action. Debbie Wasserman Schultz has just resigned, so today is a day of action.

#buffthelash #feelthebern #feelthelashbern
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was loling at some of these comments then realized this was the general forums. You have to put pvp stuff on the PvP section...otherwise you get this.
    Edited by Armitas on July 25, 2016 12:14AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

Tsk, you need better naming skills pal, Lukewarm Noodleslap has no resemblance to Flame Lash...

When renaming a skill to provoke Zenimax, maintain more similarities or they just won't understand you!
    Like this:

Useless Exchange instead of Dark Exchange
    Bound Toggle instead of Bound Armor

...See my point?