The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rename Flame Lash to Lukewarm Noodleslap

Actually_Goku
Actually_Goku
✭✭✭✭
Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

But seriously, flame lash needs either a decent buff or to become an execute skill. I've had so many fights recently in PVP that I just can't close out despite being the better player for 80% of the fight, because Mag DK just has no execute.

So either do as title says, or perhaps something along the lines of an extra damage execute on target under 25%, like how every other mana class has.

Plz and thx.
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

But seriously, flame lash needs either a decent buff or to become an execute skill. I've had so many fights recently in PVP that I just can't close out despite being the better player for 80% of the fight, because Mag DK just has no execute.

So either do as title says, or perhaps something along the lines of an extra damage execute on target under 25%, like how every other mana class has.

Plz and thx.

Come on do you really expect whip to do as much damage as concealed or whatever other ability on a HA DK? Get a setup like a Nightblade then see what Whip does.
    Its the strongest magicka spam ability in PvE so change your gear if you don´t want to hit like a noodle.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xblackroxe wrote: »
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

Come on do you really expect whip to do as much damage as concealed or whatever other ability on a HA DK? Get a setup like a Nightblade then see what Whip does.

Right. And then you'll be the same kind of glass cannot as the nightblade, only without the stealth to help you survive.

• xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

Right. And then you'll be the same kind of glass cannot as the nightblade, only without the stealth to help you survive.

So you should be able to tank 10 guys and still do damage like a NB. Right.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.
    change your gear if you don´t want to hit like a noodle.

That's what she said ;)
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.
    change your gear if you don´t want to hit like a noodle.

That's what she said ;)

lol
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

Its the strongest magicka spam ability in PvE so change your gear if you don´t want to hit like a noodle.
    It's because they are all still using flame lash
    #MOREORBS
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone loves a good noodle slap.
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to open up a discussion as to why Lash is so lacklustre, to the point, whereby I'm having more success spamming Force Shock than using Lukewarm Noodleslap?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

TITLE is AWESOME! xD
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping to open up a discussion as to why Lash is so lacklustre, to the point, whereby I'm having more success spamming Force Shock than using Lukewarm Noodleslap?

Its bc there are already too many great abilities for the DK already, I tear myself apart everyday trying to figure out which ones I want to use.
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really want to get into a tussle with Magplars, Magblades and Sorcs (RIP) about Wah Wah, change your gear or use more hair gel for L2P - the point is, we have the worst spammable DPS skill when taken into context of other skills we have to run to be viable.

It is 4:12 AM in my country, I will go into greater detail in the morning. However I do hope to wake up to a discussion on everyone's feelings in regards to the slapping of a dragonknight's noodle.
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I want noodles...
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lash just gets hit by too much mitigation through cp, gear, battle spirit. I understand each class has its trade offs but lash needs to do more dmg to players.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

Why wouldn't they use flame lash though?
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Eugenstash
    Eugenstash
    ✭✭
    Now I want noodles...

I switched over to whole wheat noodles and pasta, give it a shot...you wont go back.
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really want to get into a tussle with Magplars, Magblades and Sorcs (RIP) about Wah Wah, change your gear or use more hair gel for L2P - the point is, we have the worst spammable DPS skill when taken into context of other skills we have to run to be viable.

It is 4:12 AM in my country, I will go into greater detail in the morning. However I do hope to wake up to a discussion on everyone's feelings in regards to the slapping of a dragonknight's noodle.

The problem is not whip man. Whip is the strongest magicka spam ability.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do NOT underestimate the power of the ramen...
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was going to level up my magicka DK but then I found out how flame lash is performing, and that there's no magicka execute, so that has put me off, for now...
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whip needs major fracture, it won't effect pve dps this way either.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

Why wouldn't they use flame lash though?
    Read posts above yours
    #MOREORBS
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My whip hits for way more than that, damn everyone cries about being tanky yet hitting like a limp *** / noodle. Serious...breath, inhale, eruption, embers, whip whip whip (Skoria somewhere in between all this)...repeat.. not much can actually survive that in pvp except blazing shield builds etc even more so after you've leap at them or the fool tries to fight under your standard. Takes 2s to chuck all that out. L2DK.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • xblackroxe
    xblackroxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whip needs major fracture, it won't effect pve dps this way either.

I think you mean major breach but yeah that would be an acceptable idea.
    Member of HODOR

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hits hard enough (taken with 2.1k Spell Damage and 41k Magicka)
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »

With nb passives and skill such a relentless, that spell dmg/magicka would do 10k + on concealed.

On a stam nb it would be even higher with the armour debuff.

Give whip an armour debuff, it'll help out dk dmg in pvp as a whole and won't affect pve dps at all, as tanks will major breach/fracture bosses.
    PS4 EU DC

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, maybe I need to check out noodle slap again. I put it away ages ago and replaced it with other more awesome skills.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With nb passives and skill such a relentless, that spell dmg/magicka would do 10k + on concealed.

Give whip an armour debuff, it'll help out dk dmg in pvp as a whole and won't affect pve dps at all, as tanks will major breach/fracture bosses.

Difference is smaller than you think, because this one was taken with the same amount of Magicka, same CP setup but with 500 Spell Damage more
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Difference is smaller than you think, because this one was taken with the same amount of Magicka, same CP setup but with 500 Spell Damage more

That's without including the crit chance + dmg passives, the 8% dmg buff via merciless. The 10% dmg buff via cloaking.
    PS4 EU DC

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's without including the crit chance + dmg passives, the 8% dmg buff via merciless. The 10% dmg buff via cloaking.

Right, right... like a 10% Extra Crit chance, Snares, Increased Burn Damage, Extra Damage + Heal when hitting off balance enemies, ...

If we start adding in other skills/passives, this would turn into another class vs class topic. So let's keep it purely on the skill here: Flame Lash is not as weak as ppl think it is. Period.

If I were to DW instead of using S&B (extra Reflect + Synergy with Draconic Power passives) to get my Spell Damage on par, I'd be hitting just as hard as my MagBlade
    Edited by Tryxus on June 26, 2016 10:44PM
  • Avalon
    Avalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Dat 3.2k flame lash tho!

Plz and thx.

TITLE is AWESOME! xD

Seconded. The complaint is bordering on ridiculous, but the title is PRICELESS!!
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's like Inferno, it's not meant to actually do any considerable damage but to give you a stat boost. I don't think they really expected anyone to use the other morph, it's just a slot to boost the damage of your other abilities.