Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Featuring Shadows of the Hist: First Look"

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    d8rmir wrote: »
    Xabien wrote: »
    Roechacca wrote: »
    How many crowns is this gonna cost?

500-800 if it was fairly priced. Barbershop aside, it's just a couple of dungeons and some re-purposed existing content.

Just a couple of dungeons is already more than the whole dark brotherhood dlc...

How long does it take you to finish a dungeon?
  • jason.w.higginsrwb17_ESO
    From the sounds of the forum thread not too many people looking forward to paying for some cosmetic change, a couple of dungeons so you don't waste created models and items from a zone that may have been decided not to be added and PVP capturable area's that will make low pop servers have an even harder time to do quests in Cyrodil? We will likely have to pay crowns or sub to access the content, pay again to even use the cosmetic changes and will introduce race balance issues which will cause people to pay again and again to change to stay ahead of the curve of the nerf bat.

Was somewhat disappointed that Cloaks weren't being implemented and Player Housing was a big one i was also looking forward to get my guild back to playing again. I would think Cloaks and Tabards and the ability to customize them for the guild and allow the keeps and guards to bear them for the guild that owns them would be a cosmetic change that would bring a sense of accomplishment to the guilds that capture and hold key points in the war.

Player housing could also be implemented with the possibility of having a risk and reward system in that there could be a place-able in Cyrodil that would allow expansion in a hasty fortification system that could be built and expanded on and defend that could generate some benefit to the people holding the area like protection of the siege equipment, crafters and smiths, and healing tents. Obviously you would need materials to construct the fortifications and you could implement a weight system or limit the number of materials that can be carried to craft the fortifications to make it less exploitable.

Also a home is important to the people and a place to put the feet up, share with friends and family and also a trophy display system which could include taxidermy, stuffing kills, fish, rare mob hunting and trophies from bosses in raids, dungeons and collectibles hidden throughout Tamriel will also make fine additions. Woodworking could also be utilized to craft furniture and as a part basis in the house construction along with blacksmithing. Clothing would also be used to craft rugs and wall hangings/tapestries etc You could also have the followers you can summon there so you can use their services when resting and allow people you have allowed access to your home access to their services. I would also think that a mini guild sale system could be used in that you could list goods on a merchant attached to the property that could be listed by the individual and sold to people who visit the property if they so choose.

As we say... we can live in hope eh ;)

~ Currently in a guild of 1 pending above changes ;) ~
  • damodar
    damodar
    What's the harm in dueling? Why have you delay it that much? it should be enabled at the start of game. if i need to duel i need to find someone from opposite faction and meet somewhere in cyrodiil... Please give that fun to us...
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    This update sounds awesome and I can't wait to check out the new dungeons. That said, I also still enjoy running the current dungeons, which I haven't been able to do since the grouping tool has been broken following the DB patch :|

wait you do not use zonechat to find a group for pledge dungeones? I always do it and it works fine :)

...but using dungeonfinder scales the dungeon for you so that level 10 players can do the dung along with CP501 players. To me that's mainly the point of the dungfinder - I have friends with toons at various levels and dung finder makes it worthwhile then for all the participants. (Or it used to while it was still working :P )
  • TheTraveler
    TheTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    "Now, we just need a battle arena to do controlled, ranked PvP fights! 1v1, 2v2, etc. "

^^ Yes, this. So much this.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am growing a little concerned as to how the cosmetic stuff is going to be implemented and what it's going to cost. If this is really all just crown store I'm not impressed. It's not, to my mind, an update if every little thing costs real money. We were told it was taking so long because they "wanted to do it right" but if what they really meant was they needed to figure out how to charge us the most they can get away with I won't be very happy.

Dye Packs have been datamined and while I at first thought this was going to be a way to get more colors for armor I am now a little concerned that they may be what you have to purchase in order to dye costumes. So now you'd have to pay once to get the costume...and pay again to get it in the color of your choice. I really hope I'm wrong about this but that is my suspicion. I hope ZOS will start telling us about these things soon so we can quit worrying about it and hopefully proves they aren't ruining all the fun new stuff by locking it behind high prices like they did with the banker and merchant assistants.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    plz let this race/appearance change include a change for player voice too....i accidentally picked the wrong voice type for my altmer and now she sounds hideous T_T.
  • Soresina
    Soresina
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar was a great DLC and a place I find myself returning to often. I actually purchased that one even though I am a subscriber and now am pretty glad I did so because this latest DLC has me seriously questioning the benefits of subscribing. Firstly the entire content in the DLC section seems to consist of a single 4 dungeon and a 12 man raid that are connected directly to the DB release. Access to that DLC may even be a hidden prerequisite to playing the content in this DLC.

The only possible reason to continue to subscribe is because apparently I am going to need those crowns to take advantage of some of the key components in the base game additions. In the past I have been known for supporting the developers with their stores because after all you don't make these games for free but quite frankly after what I have seen here I cannot do so.

And to make it worse I still don't have access to the housing that was supposed to be this quarter's release according to an ESO live broadcast earlier in the year.

So what do we have now. A new DLC that is going to cost crowns to use one of the most eagerly anticipated and heavily requested features of the game. Housing, something that has always been a feature in Elder Scrolls pushed back yet again to an undetermined time.

PvP is receiving yet another big update at no additional cost whilst the rest of us are funding it. Don't get me wrong I have nothing against PvP and support all your enhancements it just seems that those of us who PvE are the only ones paying since the release of Imperial City. And now you are not even offering us anything in this new update except content for end game players that really should have been part of a previous update.

I find myself asking more seriously "Why am I paying for this game." I spend most of my time sitting around waiting for features which either don't come or are going to cost me more money to use. Perhaps I should just cancel the sub for a year and come back and see if you have anything substantial to offer then.
    Edited by Soresina on June 23, 2016 2:38PM
  • tyjoie
    tyjoie
    ✭✭
    I am all for everything in this update, except the race change. Seriously. Appearance, fine. Name, fine. Race? Please no. I've wanted something like the face sculptor in Skyrim in this game for a while now, but changing the race of the character is just too much. I would even be fine with a class change, that makes sense, but for a character to just suddenly become a different race? No!
    Edited by tyjoie on June 23, 2016 4:22PM
    Ex-Beta tester
    Playing since 2014
    Still a noob
    Green-Sap Loyalist
  • Mouseattigan1
    Mouseattigan1
    ✭✭
    tyjoie wrote: »
    I am all for everything in this update, except the race change. Seriously. Appearance, fine. Name, fine. Race? Please no. I've wanted something like the face sculptor in Skyrim in this game for a while now, but changing the race of the character is just too much. I would even be fine with a class change, that makes sense, but for a character to just suddenly become a different race? No!

Well... changing the race of a character is found in all MMOs in some fashion. In WoW, you have to pay real money to do so, while the in-game barber is only for faces, hair, color, etc. In SWTOR, the kiosk allows you to change anything and everything basically, but every single change costs Cartel Coins (similar to ESO's Crowns). At this point, it'd be really weird and not nice to the player base to not have race changes. Especially for an MMORPG.

I was hoping BethZoS would take the WoW route (in some semblance) and not the SWTOR route... I'd like to buy the new hairs and such with Crowns, but actually changing my character's looks should cost gold... However, since you need special tokens for the barber... sounds like I'm going to have to use Crowns to buy the token, or I'll be able to buy the token with gold, but it'll have a ridiculous price tag. *sigh*

Otherwise, I'm really liking all the changes~ and new additions.

Edit: I'm also worried about the dying of costumes. Someone mentioned dye packs a few pages back... *sigh* That makes me sad... I thought you'd be able to use the in-game dye station. It's getting to a point (and my snap-judgement) that BethZoS is taking the cosmetic aspect of the Crown store a liiiiittle too far in my opinion. I understand new stuff costing Crowns (hairs, for instance, and hopefully that's connected to the account and appears in the character creation screen after being bought), but things like dye packs... when there's a dye system already... seems a bit much in my opinion. SWTOR has the same type of item in-game (a dye). Some can be crafted, but the ones people actually want can't be crafted and can only be dropped, very rarely, via RNG from a Dye Pack (bought from the game's in-game store costing Cartel Coins). People sell those things for ridiculous amounts of credits on the GTN.

Some cosmetic things should just be in the game and not cost anything extra (specifically referencing the dying of costumes). I mean, if it's because it's a single item and can't be sectioned out like usual armor, make some sort of toggle inside the dye station to be able to view the costume and dye it, even if you only have the usual three slots for colors I'd be happy.

/end rant... apparently.
    Edited by Mouseattigan1 on June 23, 2016 7:54PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tyjoie wrote: »

well it is indeed a bit weird, that is true, but if you don`t like to do it, then don`t. I have my main char an Altmer stamina DPS dragonknight (I did not know in the beginning that Altmers are mag race), but I like stam skills, so I will switch her to probably Redguard, to increase my stats. I will pretty much miss her pretty Altmer face :), but I will get used to a pretty Redguard fast too :)

Race change is good for cases like this one mine
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the cosmetic changes are cheap but seeing as how much a Mount costs I could be wrong hopefully the first time change will be cheap.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, I did not see anything in the original article about NO new zone content .... but by the lack of information, it is likely to be a very small zone (like Hews Bane/Gold Coast) if anything.

Based on the trends of previous DLC and new zone content, I expect the new 4P group dungeons to be their toughest content yet. Move over, vICP! That said, I am curious if the new monster sets will be good/interesting enough to justify that content. (I still think the Lord Warden set is a disappointment).

The biggest unknowns that I'd like to see answered are:
    1. will the CP cap be increased in this DLC?
    2. will the LEVEL cap be increased in this DLC?

Oh yes, and when ZoS finished their teaser article by writing that we should look for the new DLC on the PTS soon, they forgot the (TM)... ;)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, I did not see anything in the original article about NO new zone content .... but by the lack of information, it is likely to be a very small zone (like Hews Bane/Gold Coast) if anything.

Based on the trends of previous DLC and new zone content, I expect the new 4P group dungeons to be their toughest content yet. Move over, vICP! That said, I am curious if the new monster sets will be good/interesting enough to justify that content. (I still think the Lord Warden set is a disappointment).

Oh yes, and when ZoS finished their teaser article by writing that we should look for the new DLC on the PTS soon, they forgot the (TM)... ;)

My thought is that Zones are a Big Thing and if there was a new Zone (Murkmire, for example) they would have said so.

As for content difficulty, I honestly expect them to be in the middle of the pack. If they constantly make it harder with each new Dungeon, they will be creating problems for themselves down the road. Of course, they might decide to deal with that when they get there.

I do not expect the CP cap to increase in this DLC, but it is possibility that it will increase by 51, or something like that. It depends on how many people have hit cap since Thieves Guild.

The level cap will not be increased before One Tamriel, if even then.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MichYodias
    MichYodias
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope the do sone race balancing with race changes coming. The sustain of redguard is ridonk. Give us more reason to not make altmers and redguards. Itll also help you make $.
    Haxus
    FiF
    IR
    Nexus

Minch Yoda V16 DK EP
    YODA-ONE v16 Sorc EP
    Yoda-San v16 NB EP
    Yodias V16 Temp healbot EP
    Human Centipad V16 Stamplar EP
    Yodai V16 AD Sorc
    Woodland Critters v4 DC stamblade
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I need to know if we have to pay in blood and virgins or ingame gold to change hairstyle.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My thought is that Zones are a Big Thing and if there was a new Zone (Murkmire, for example) they would have said so.

Well, they got two new dungeons, they gotta put them somewhere.
    If they put them in existing zones, then some folks will have a hard time accessing them... Unless, of course, this rolls out at the same time as One Tamriel.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, they got two new dungeons, they gotta put them somewhere.
    If they put them in existing zones, then some folks will have a hard time accessing them... Unless, of course, this rolls out at the same time as One Tamriel.

I imagine they will be put in Shadowfen, like how MoL was put in Reaper's March, and the characters will be able to teleport to them even if they don't have the map unlocked (like with normal dungeons, when you unlock one dungeon in your alliance and the two level-equivalent dungeons on the other two alliances unlock too).

Edit: Confirmed on ESO Live.
    Edited by Abeille on June 24, 2016 8:36PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    ZOS you are doing a great job! Been bumpy but I stuck through and just wanna say hey your doing a great job! :)
    I *** slap harder than you punch.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am eager to find out the pricing on hairstyles, adornments, makeup. It seems as if there is going to be a lot to choose from and I'd love to get tons of it...but only if the price is right. Don't lose your minds ZOS like you did wit the banker and merchant assistants.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mention on group finder for trials, or Lag fixed in Cyrodil, and you want to add more lag to Cyrodil? LMAO...
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »
    How many crowns is this gonna cost?

Doesn't matter to me how many crowns this will cost.

I'm not buying a "DLC" that has two new dungeons and NO new lands.

Thank you ZOS but I will be passing on this one.
  • Jerdeh
    Jerdeh
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds great! :)
    Been playing since betas 2014
  • ianleenders043
    is there gonna be Alliance change?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is there gonna be Alliance change?

Not that they have announced. Alliance and Class are the two things about the character that are immutable with this Update.

I can see an Alliance change, but I suspect that Wheeler needs to establish the bounds and method for this. It depends a lot on how much they want to "punish" the player for changing alliance. Do they lose all AP and Rank when they do this? Does it require Crowns?

Race change needed to be done for this update so Wrobel could do his racial passive changes. There is really no pressing reason to do Alliance change right now, other than "customer demand".

I hope that they don't make changing Alliance as trivial as changing clothes.... although, on reflection, that might be a bad analogy for some gamers. :smile: I hope they don't make Alliance change as trivial as Race change.
  • Senaxu
    Senaxu
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will there finally be jewerly for the Dragon Star Arena Set "Destruction Mastery"? It's annoying that just 2 of the 3 droped sets are containing jewerly there. So many potential builds are lost specially for sorcerers.
    Unbroken EU
    Senaxu - AD Sorcerer
    Senaxu's Smurf - DC Sorcerer
    PvE-Scores(2.1): AA: 1182439 - 06:58 | HR: 114065 - 06:56 | SO: 151067 - 12:27 | DSA: 23457 - 34:36

www.twitch.tv/senaxu
    "There is still room up"
  • Ryskim
    Ryskim
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a release date for this? Been waiting console text chat forever.
  • Jorotarr
    Jorotarr
    ✭✭
    So they decided not to do the Black Marsh and just give us two dungeons? Will we ever see the Black Marsh as a whole zone in ESO? :neutral:
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joromarr wrote: »
    So they decided not to do the Black Marsh and just give us two dungeons? Will we ever see the Black Marsh as a whole zone in ESO? :neutral:

As far as we know, these dungeons are unrelated to Murkmire, the Black Marsh zone DLC.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to say it at the time of the reveal, but those Argonian-themed costumes are really sexy! :smiley:

I am looking forward to use them on my characters, they'll look gorgeous. :smile:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)