Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game Performance Issues on Console

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
(Cross-posted to the PlayStation 4 Technical Support forum area)

Since Dark Brotherhood launched on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, we have been working on fixes for a combination of issues some of our console players have been experiencing. These include crashes to dashboard, certain characters in high population areas becoming stuck in a crash loop, unusually long loading screens, high latency/poor FPS, and NPCs, monsters, and/or fixtures not properly loading when logging in and/or entering a new zone.

We are currently testing some fixes for these issues. Once the fixes pass testing and resolve these issues, they will go into the next console incremental patch. If for some reason the fixes do not pass testing, we'll continue working on fixes and hold the next console incremental patch to avoid any further delays. Console incremental patches do require a little extra time due to the certification process, so these fixes will still take a few weeks. If we find that we can hotfix these issues sooner, of course, we certainly will.

If you have a character that you are currently unable to log into due to crashing upon login, please contact our Support team. We will move your character to another location. Also, we have found that the areas players are crashing most frequently in are the cities of Orsinium and Elden Root. If you're experiencing a high volume of crashes to dashboard in those areas, please consider avoiding those two areas until this issue is resolved.

Thank you all for your patience. We understand how frustrating this is for those who are experiencing these issues - we have our Engineering team working to get it resolved as soon as possible.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    a few weeks lol, there wont be anyone playing the game in a few weeks.
  • Jolter
    Jolter
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update, it's much appreciated
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thanks for the update Jessica. While I'm sure that you in particular don't have all the details and probably can't, but can we expect to get a general idea of what went wrong here and some assurance that this won't happen again? I'm sure you all agree that its not acceptable to send out a product that is this bad, and I want myself and everyone else to be reassured that we won't get a bad deliverable again. At that point I will re sub.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a ESO subscriber, a few weeks + the two weeks since DB launch = 1 month of sub.

Either give us a free month for this clusterF or 1500 crowns. Thanks.
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
  • Ninjapenguin
    Ninjapenguin
    Soul Shriven
    I agree with Uberkill we are paying for an unplayable game and should get something for our money atleast
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Your temporary solution is to avoid Wrothgar and Eldin Root. If you are Aldmeri Dominion and max level character, doing writs in Wrothgar and Undaunted dailies from quest givers in Eldin Root is part of the your regular daily activities. So, your solution is : Don't play the game!

"it's not our fault or Xbox lives fault. It's your fault. Too many people are playing our game. Stop it! Don't go to Elden Root or Wrothgar. What's wrong with you players?"

Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • Rickilus
    Rickilus
    Soul Shriven
    I also agree, I have played this game religiously since in launched on xbox one, it is a great game however I can not access gold coast for the past couple days. Even when my character loads,it will crash in a couple minutes. Good for ESO for their E3 show but what good is an unplayable game. I have experienced crashes more now than ever and couldn't load several times. This needs to have full attention invested and eso plus members compensated.
  • s7mraschub17_ESO
    s7mraschub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The main issue is that this has been reported for over a month and is just getting a response of what is going on and then on top of that the fix will be ready in weeks.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    O K so these are only a few of the new issues you all have.

Are you even considering the ESO plus debacle that's outstanding since last year or not?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • GeorgeParker
    So its taken you a huge amount of time to post this up when players have been unable to play for ages and you offer up don't go to certain areas, you know, the crafting writ and questing type areas, stay away from those and you should be fine.

How about the message on the log in screen does not plug the broke DLC, instead it says " Still trying to get your main out of Orsinium ? Log in and try again. "

Thought the Xbox One would usher in a golden age of gaming, clearly not.
  • InternalMonolog
    They needed to make a big splash for E3 and pushed out something that was not nearly ready for prime time. So they got their headlines and lots of reviews speculating about what the future holds. Not one of the interviews with the famous director asked him "So, Matt, why does your s**t crash so much?" I've yet to come across any high profile streamer documenting all of the obvious problems, and that makes me wonder why.
  • TBONE_OG
    TBONE_OG
    ✭✭✭
    The crashing isn't even the main problem. It's all the new load screens, zones not loading in. The game is running poorly, now even more so since the DB patch.

Hope all matters get resolved soon, and compensation is provided for having to suffer through mistakes/errors made long ago that were never fixed.
  • scottperry00
    scottperry00
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom the most frustrating thing for me is I took a break after the issues with Imperial City and just now returned to playing. After reinstalling the game and getting the dlc it turns out the problems are worse. I love this game but am not going to pay 19.95 a month for a game I can't even play. This is very disappointing after waiting for so long for the release and them having all these issues.

I hope this gets fixed while there are still players wanting to play the game. Personally I will give it another week in hopes things will get resolved.
  • XxTemppyxX
    Been an eso member since the start. I enjoy the game but these issues are making matters tough.
    Makes doing even the little things a chore. Cant even turn in a quest because the ncp wont load
    . Having issues in dungeons with mobs not loading..and in activity finder if that happens the group most likely leaves right out of the gate.
    I hope the patch tomorrow fixes somethings. you might also want to consider compensation aswell. even browser games compensate players when they screw up. Doesnt need to be huge. Just something to say "sorry we screwed up" ^^
    Riding hard every a shooting star---Come to life, open mind, have a laugh at the orthodox---Come, drink deep, let the dam of mind seep---Travel with great Elan, dance a jig at the funeral. (Nightwish)

• korey175ub17_ESO
    Anyone still having any issues with the activity finder? Since the DB patch I have only been able to find maybe 2 groups. Have tried queing by myself as tank/healer/dps and with groups of 2-3 also with combos of tank/healer/dps. Haven't played in a couple days because my main is stuck in wrothgar so I'm not sure if it's has improved.
  • Church367a
    Church367a
    Soul Shriven
    GT: Church367A
    Xbox NA
    character: Ezekiel Mjolnir

I've had at least 7 interrupting load screens lead to character select that have also rolled back whatever little progress I obtain upon each login in the past 3 hours of in game play time.
  • MRNICEGUY57
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Did todays update address any of the issues?
  • marcusthebearhunter
    marcusthebearhunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    no was no update it was maintance i have heared the patch is going to microsoft and wait for the verifing ( maby 2 or 3 weeks ) ive we have luke next week
    only way is ebonheart
    we are ebonheart the dragonborn coverd in the blood our enemies
    nord templar marcus the bearhunter
    breton healer marcus the healer
    nord warden marcus the bearkeeper
    imperial nightblade marcus the shadow walker
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great...so nothing was done this week? Another week of disconnects every 5-10 minutes assuming I'm lucky enough to be able to log back in?
    Let me guess: Try restarting my console?
    Edited by Sandman929 on June 29, 2016 6:50PM
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    Is there an estimation of when the patch will be? I haven't been able to log into any of my characters
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    Uberkull wrote: »
    As a ESO subscriber, a few weeks + the two weeks since DB launch = 1 month of sub.

I agree with Uberkill we are paying for an unplayable game and should get something for our money atleast

I would also add Alliance Points to the compensation. I have a quest to take Arrius Keep. I disconnect in the middle of it. I log back in and it has been captured. I get nothing. So If you could give all 7 million of your players crowns, experience, and alliance points...
    c44036c38c834522dd4ed7a70cea439a.jpg
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    Uberkull wrote: »

I would also add Alliance Points to the compensation. I have a quest to take Arrius Keep. I disconnect in the middle of it. I log back in and it has been captured. I get nothing. So If you could give all 7 million of your players crowns, experience, and alliance points...
    c44036c38c834522dd4ed7a70cea439a.jpg

This made my day
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    (Cross-posted to the PlayStation 4 Technical Support forum area)

Hi everyone,

We have identified a cause of the majority of the crashes to dashboard and crash loops that some characters are getting caught in on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The issue is related to memory, and we have a fix that improves memory handling for both console clients.

We are rolling out this fix on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on Wednesday, July 6. Once this fix goes live, you should no longer see frequent crashes to dashboard and crash loops on specific characters.

In the meantime, we’d like to ask for your help. The highest volume of crash loops we’re seeing are in and around Orsinium and Wrothgar, especially where you pick up and do Crafting Writs, and to a lesser degree in Elden Root and Grahtwood. If you are experiencing crashing those areas, we ask that you please consider staying out of them until we patch the issue on Wednesday of next week—we’d greatly appreciate it. If your character does get stuck in a crash loop, our Support team can move your character if you contact them. If they do have to move your character, please be sure to not return to that area as they won’t be able to move you a second time until they’ve moved everyone waiting for their first character move – which could mean they won’t get to you before the 6th.

There is still one edge-case crash cause in Orsinium that we are working on a fix for, but it is easily avoidable. If you Wayshrine into Orsinium (the city) and quickly run into the city, especially with a movement speed buff on, you may crash. Waiting a few seconds before moving after you Wayshrine into Orsinium will greatly reduce the likelihood that you will crash. This issue will be fixed in a future patch.

Thank you for your patience as we worked to resolve this issue. After the patch goes live on Wednesday, please let us know if you are running into any other crash issues on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • korey175ub17_ESO
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Sweet! Thank you for the update!
  • Grimsinger
    Grimsinger
    ✭✭
    Will you also be fixing the broken Activity Finder? I have been sitting in 2+ hour queues as a tank. I suspect that the game would probably make me wait longer than 2 hours, but that is about the longest that I have gone without crashing and dropping queue.

Thanks.

Frank Cable / XB1 NA
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you also be fixing the dashboarding that happens while in Cyrodiil?

Thank you!
  • Buff_Swollchest
    Can we transfer to PC since Xbox continually has these sorts of issues? Orsinium has been booting people since release, doubt this will get any better anytime soon.
  • gl0wgl0w
    gl0wgl0w
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    What if your characters were already moved to a safe location and you still haven't been able to load into any of your characters?
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will this patch include disconnects in VMA preventing anyone from getting flawless since the rules for that were changed?

If not fair enough it's a 7 month old bug but in light of this can the required be changed in the interim allowing flawless to NOT require a completion in one run? Seems fair.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • zadori1975
    Greetings.
    I'm wondering, anyone testing the console versions of this game update, before they released? Maybe considered to start a console test server as well, because this last update was unacceptable. Many of my friends just left the game.
    Kind regards.