Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2 Questions regarding the Activity Finder

Eshenya
Eshenya
✭✭
First, when in a group formed using the tool and there are only 2 or 3 people in the group, will everyone get a notification if the leader uses the option to look for additional ones or replacements for whoever left?
Second, yesterday I kept getting 'voted out' of the groups one after another even though we hadn't even started and merely teleported to the dungeon. a bug or just people being pricks? Just wondering because time and again it happened and always with different people. Also, will it always say 'members voted to kick you from the party' even if it's just the leader kicking you or if you get disconnected from the group?

Thanks in advance.
This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level/ champion point level are you with the char you used the grouping tool with, and what dungeon did you que for?
    • Some of the dungeons are really hard for most teams to complete, specially the veteran dungeons. So if your level is too low, or your champion point level is too low for you to wear somewhat optimized gear and have your skills levelled up - it will affect how good you can perform in their group. If they are not confident that they can carry you, in which case many pug groups aren't, then they will try to increase their chances of success by kicking you to get someone with higher level or champion points instead.
    • If you are a Damage Dealer or a Healer, but have over 20k health.
    • Other groups may try to que in with a friend of theirs to battlescale themselves up, so they kick everyone they don't know until the grouping tool matches them with their friend.
    • One of them may have an extra role assigned, which leads the grouping tool to match them with you instead of someone with a different role.
    • If you are a non-templar healer, then the group might not want to play with you, because they prefer templar healers.
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    What level/ champion point level are you with the char you used the grouping tool with, and what dungeon did you que for?
    • Some of the dungeons are really hard for most teams to complete, specially the veteran dungeons. So if your level is too low, or your champion point level is too low for you to wear somewhat optimized gear and have your skills levelled up - it will affect how good you can perform in their group. If they are not confident that they can carry you, in which case many pug groups aren't, then they will try to increase their chances of success by kicking you to get someone with higher level or champion points instead.
    • If you are a Damage Dealer or a Healer, but have over 20k health.
    • Other groups may try to que in with a friend of theirs to battlescale themselves up, so they kick everyone they don't know until the grouping tool matches them with their friend.
    • One of them may have an extra role assigned, which leads the grouping tool to match them with you instead of someone with a different role.
    • If you are a non-templar healer, then the group might not want to play with you, because they prefer templar healers.

thanks for your reply. quite pathetic if that shouyld be the case, given that i've done the dungeons before and the leaders of the groups never even had champion points in the first place. oh well. their loss =]
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there could be other reasons as well, but I can't think of any right now.

Better luck in the future. It's usually best to group with friends or guildmates - if you join active social guilds, and make friends among the guildies... and do dungeon runs with them, or at least 2-3 of you and que for 1 random person only.
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    Well there could be other reasons as well, but I can't think of any right now.

Better luck in the future. It's usually best to group with friends or guildmates - if you join active social guilds, and make friends among the guildies... and do dungeon runs with them, or at least 2-3 of you and que for 1 random person only.

I loath joining guilds and none of my friends play eso, hence why I liked the tool very much. Been playing the better part of 6 weeks and haven't encountered any major issues prior to the expansion. and i have multiple characters on both servers and been doing dungeons with them asap as they'd reach level 10. so I was just taken aback as i'd get kicked the entire day with dozens of attempts to team up for random normal dungeons.

But thanks for your comments.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My lower level characters get their armor painted with Trials dyes when I want to do a random dungeon with them. (Especially the Maw blue, because that is most recognized right now).

The healer in one of our random dungeon groups was a level 24 Templar wearing the title for finishing normal Maelstrom Arena.

I prefer to run with guildmates, but when I decide to PUG there are options to show you know what you are doing. It stinks to feel you have to do it... But it's doable!
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    My lower level characters get their armor painted with Trials dyes when I want to do a random dungeon with them. (Especially the Maw blue, because that is most recognized right now).

The healer in one of our random dungeon groups was a level 24 Templar wearing the title for finishing normal Maelstrom Arena.

I prefer to run with guildmates, but when I decide to PUG there are options to show you know what you are doing. It stinks to feel you have to do it... But it's doable!

I don't cater to stuck up people's ignorance, narrow-mindedness. I just keep treating the game as a single player one if people are incapable of seeing the game as a game and take the fun out of it. =]
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having your CP branded on you now is most likely the primary cause. That group already decided the lowest CP count they will accept and will keep booting until they get what they deem minimal for their needs, exp. if they are looking for DPS, can be very picky in this case.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA