Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Featuring Shadows of the Hist: First Look"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9a8ce769cd8dceb4b273544cec5d8593.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Update 11 Featuring Shadows of the Hist: First Look. From new dungeons to character re-customization features, learn about some of the things you can expect in the next Update for ESO!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is great, really, really looking forward to all of this! Thanks for posting.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Text chat for consoles
    Town capture for Cyrodiil
    Race and appearance change
    New dungeons

Hey alright !
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Observations and questions...

The DLC contains no new lands, only the two dungeons. Are these in existing places and can they be walked to? Is it necessary to use the Activity Finder and get teleported to them?

It will be interesting to see how much they charge for the "tokens" to change name, race, and appearance.

It is not yet clear whether the purchase of premium hair styles and adornments works on a per-character basis or whether they become available to every character on the account. This would make deleting a character a Big Thing, if it were locked to the character.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How many crowns is this gonna cost?
  • AriBoh
    AriBoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.... page not found.
    khele23eb17
    Agreed. Whoever came up with the design should be shot in the foot and only admitted to hospital when he manages to find 3 other people willing to maim themselves the same way in order to accompany him.

ZOS_AmeliaR admin
    Ultimately, any method of entering an enemy keep without breaking down the door is considered an exploit. Thanks for checking!

tinythinker
    "I used to be a healer once, but then I took a Wrobel to the knee"
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Page not found...do you mind copypasting the full thing?
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Page won't load for me says not found.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This looks really great, but can we get the current content fixed? If you look in the general direction of a crafting table in Gold Coast, you crash. In Wrothgar, you crash. Elden Root has been affectionately knicknamed, Elden Boot. I crash at least five times a night.

I'm all for new, fresh content, but seriously . . .
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Ok if I vpn to the US I find this, thank you zos...

Fight ferociously and look fabulous! You won't want to miss our next update and DLC dungeon pack. Let's take a closer look.

As with our previous updates, The Elder Scrolls Online's Update 11 will come in two parts: the DLC dungeon pack, and the base game patch.The DLC dungeon pack Shadows of the Hist features two, all-new Argonian-themed group dungeons to challenge you and your groupmates, and the base game patch will allow you to change your appearance or race, and introduces a wide selection of new hair styles and adornments!

We'll provide more details about the DLC dungeon pack and base-game patch, and discuss additional features, release dates, and pricing very soon!

SHADOWS OF THE HIST DLC DUNGEON PACK CONTENT

Cradle of Shadows

Join the Argonians of the Dark Brotherhood in their battle against a cadre of rogue assassins threatening to hurl all of Black Marsh into bloody chaos. Fight your way through the Cradle of Shadows to uncover the secrets of the twisted Silken Ring! Cradle of Shadows is a 4-player group dungeon featuring both Normal and Veteran modes. Can you defeat its boss and claim its head as a new monster mask?

Ruins of Mazzatun

Venture into Mazzatun, the "Puzzle City" of the Argonian Xit-Xaht tribe. The tribe has been forcing other lizardfolk to work as slave labor on a twisted project that is slowly driving them insane. Overcome the slavelords and free their helpless victims before it's too late! Ruins of Mazzatun is a 4-player group dungeon with a Normal and a Veteran modes and valuable rewards, including a new monster mask.

EXAMPLES FOR BASE GAME PATCH FEATURES & CONTENT

Appearance, Race, and Name Change

Are you tired of your current look? Do you feel disconnected with your racial features or your gender? Do you wish your parents had chosen a better name? With Update 11 you can purchase tokens that will allow you to completely redefine your appearance, pick a different name, or choose an entirely different race!

Hel Ra Citadel, Aetherian Archive, and Dragonstar Arena Improvements

Return to Hel Ra Citadel, the Aetherian Archive and Dragonstar Arena! We've improved these popular trials to increase difficulty and provide greater rewards. All items and weapons obtained in these trials have been updated to max level, and Hel Ra Citadel and the Aetherian Archive now feature a Normal and Veteran modes that will scale to your group leader and qualify you for the leaderboards. Are you ready to accept the challenge?

Text Chat for Console Clients

Providing Console players with the option to use text chat has been a popular request ever since The Elder Scrolls Online was released for Xbox One and PlayStation®4. With the coming update, console players will be able to write text messages in addition to using voice chat. Group leaders, guild leaders, and traders rejoice!

Premium Hairstyles and New Adornments

With Update 11 we're introducing dozens of new hair styles, adornments, and body markings that can be purchased from the in-game Crown Store. Update your character with new and stylish looks that will be the envy of all your friends!

Cyrodiil Town Capture

You've been requesting this, and we've been listening! Beginning with Update 11, Cyrodiil will feature the capturable towns of Cropsford, Vlastarus and Bruma! Each town contains three flags to capture and control, one with no guards, one with a few guards, and one that is heavily guarded, in a fashion similar to district flags in the Imperial City. Capturing a town grants an Alliance another place to respawn from PVP deaths and access to town merchants selling purple-quality gear for Alliance Points. Experience this new style of PVP gameplay and win honor and glory for your Alliance!

We'll be discussing some of Update 11's additional features at a later date, including new motifs, new item sets, improved facial effects, the ability to dye costumes, and as always, many changes and improvements to existing content. Watch for additional information on our website and social channels, and get ready to join us on the test server (PTS) soon!
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    omgomgomgomgomg B)
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we get an idea of the crown cost for this?

Can we also get some more details on the town capture system?
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet able to see it, getting page not found as I'm outside the US. But barbershop stuff aside am I right in thinking that this is pretty much just two dungeons?

If that's the case then I'd assume it'll be significantly cheaper than previous DLCs correct? Maybe a third the cost that they usually are seeing as there's almost zero new content and it's mainly functional additions?
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    man this game is really worth a sub! :D
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This all looks great, fantastic really. I can't find a single negative in that entire article.

Please.

PLEASE don't go out of your way to change/add/remove (and therefore break) something (or things) that no one is asking for. Dark Brotherhood aside from the typical performance and bug issues has been one of the best PvP patches in a long time, but there is always a compromise in the form of things like poisons and animation changes.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh . Too many things broken and still no end to the cheating in Cyrodiil for me to get excited about this . Priorities .
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meh . Too many things broken and still no end to the cheating in Cyrodiil for me to get excited about this . Priorities .

QFT
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roechacca wrote: »

500-800 if it was fairly priced. Barbershop aside, it's just a couple of dungeons and some re-purposed existing content.

Forgot to add - @Zos - thank you for posting this.

Been asking for more details since that E3 interview talking about 'smaller' content went live. Very excited about the barbershop and the re-purposed Cyrodiil towns, just wish there was more new content of substance instead of just two dungeons :/
    Edited by ItsGlaive on June 21, 2016 3:14PM
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

500-800 if it was fairly priced. Barbershop aside, it's just a couple of dungeons and some re-purposed existing content.

Just a couple of dungeons is already more than the whole dark brotherhood dlc...
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    This all looks great, fantastic really. I can't find a single negative in that entire article.

Please.

PLEASE don't go out of your way to change/add/remove (and therefore break) something (or things) that no one is asking for. Dark Brotherhood aside from the typical performance and bug issues has been one of the best PvP patches in a long time, but there is always a compromise in the form of things like poisons and animation changes.

next patch will be a "magicka update"
    like this patch was a "stamina update"

get your magicka NB ready lone
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice! ABILITY TO DYE COSTUMES!

Just gimme player housing and I will be a very happy sorc :3
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So there are a couple things I noticed that I may be interpreting incorrectly. They said they were updating AA and HRC in terms of difficulty and gear, but didn't explicitly state they were going to be CP 160. Maybe we move beyond CP 160 (doubtful) or more likely just worded it funny. Thoughts?

Also the town capture mechanic containing three flags... similar to IC district capture system. Does this imply they are going to revamp IC to what it actually should be? Because the three flags with tiers of guards is exactly what people have been asking for down there.

Like that they mentioned the dungeons will contain new monster sets, hopefully these are desirable and allow more more diverse builds. Disappointed that there are no arena's or battlegrounds, but ultimately expected.

Overall seems to be a very small patch, I can't imagine they are going to charge very much for just two dungeons, leaving craft bags as the only reason to sub unless they role out some barbershop benefits. I'm hopeful that the small patch size means they are going to spend the majority of their time fixing the base game, but that also makes me nervous that they aren't going to fix the bugs and other major issues until Update 11.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES NEW DUNGEONS

And Argonian themed :DDDD

Give me vet Arx and I'll be a happy little lizard. Although being able to tweak my character's face is great, too.
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    No new zone ? :(
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Roechacca Sounds like three open-air flags using the same setup as every other flag, capture them all to gain control the town. Control gives access to a purple gear merchant and a respawn point.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    So there are a couple things I noticed that I may be interpreting incorrectly. They said they were updating AA and HRC in terms of difficulty and gear, but didn't explicitly state they were going to be CP 160. Maybe we move beyond CP 160 (doubtful) or more likely just worded it funny. Thoughts?

Please be wrong. I have been waiting for some 4-men content for almost one year, I don't want to need to re-gear up before I can play it...
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Roechacca Sounds like three open-air flags using the same setup as every other flag, capture them all to gain control the town. Control gives access to a purple gear merchant and a respawn point.

Cool. Thanks Enodoc. Appreciate the update.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

Please.

next patch will be a "magicka update"
    like this patch was a "stamina update"

get your magicka NB ready lone

Also the town capture mechanic containing three flags... similar to IC district capture system. Does this imply they are going to revamp IC to what it actually should be? Because the three flags with tiers of guards is exactly what people have been asking for down there.

Like that they mentioned the dungeons will contain new monster sets, hopefully these are desirable and allow more more diverse builds. Disappointed that there are no arena's or battlegrounds, but ultimately expected.

Overall seems to be a very small patch, I can't imagine they are going to charge very much for just two dungeons, leaving craft bags as the only reason to sub unless they role out some barbershop benefits. I'm hopeful that the small patch size means they are going to spend the majority of their time fixing the base game, but that also makes me nervous that they aren't going to fix the bugs and other major issues until Update 11.

i would rather have race change/barbershops, new monster sets/dungeons and town capture than everything in DB and TG updates
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d8rmir wrote: »

Please be wrong. I have been waiting for some 4-men content for almost one year, I don't want to need to re-gear up before I can play it...

I SERIOUSLY doubt that will happen, though given the small size of the update, it could be due to rolling out things like that. But again, I seriously doubt it. It was just worded vaguely, instead of just stating that they were being updated to CP 160 like sanctum.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mental.
    PC EU