The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 11 Featuring Shadows of the Hist: First Look"

• MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All i can say is boooooooo that you are making the barber shop a crown store thing, boooooo
    EDIT: i read through the article too fast. Apparently the new customisation options will be for crowns and the other base game ones for gold?
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on June 21, 2016 4:11PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch looks really interesting.

Dlc is just 2 dungeons, so I expect it the be priced at 1k crowns. I also hope they are really hard, like vMol or vMsa level.

About the barber shop, if they are smart they should let Eso plus members modify the 'changeable' features like hair style, tattoos, etc at will. Maybe with an extra gold fee on top. And then gate race change, gender change, name change behind the crown tokens. I also wonder if you will be able to change appearence / gender with the race change.

Base game patch looks really strong this update, 3 more trials max leveled And Cyro Towns is awesome. Max level Master's Weapons anyone?

Excited.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    Costume dying!!

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    kungmoo wrote: »
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom

this is all great, glad to have more dungeons and and the barbershop.... all of it

but I have one question, one that is on everyones mind

It has been a year since the last level update, so can we get clear word on if there is a level increase in this update (or cp increase or whatever) so we can start planning ahead? I for one am on the verge of upgrading a set of gear atm, and I would really hate to waste all those gold mats for just a few weeks of use.

@kungmoo Absolutely don't go gold right now. Firstly, there is a definite possibility of a gear level increase as you mentioned.. secondly, there could be gear that you prefer MUCH more coming with the next update. So even if they don't change gear cap.. you may be wishing you waited because there may be a better suited item set for you. (No idea if they are adding full item sets, but they definitely mentioned at least monster helms)

They won't be raising the max level cap, there is literally no reason to do so. So yes, you should be upgrading to gold @kungmoo, either way we are still 2 months away from the patch.

• Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »
    Will be interested to see crown store prices but everything else sounds awesome, could definitely be the best DLC yet. New dungeons for PVE, new PVP content with the 3 flag system that we've been asking for, and barbershop. Lot of substance in this update, looking forward to it.

Lots of nice small mechanics sure, but very little 'new' content of substance. Two dungeons and a barbershop. The flag thing is cool but it's a largely re-purpose of existing content.

Yea that's fair but I am fine with that. It's enough new content to enjoy until the next DLC and the flag thing is a nice mechanic until battlegrounds/arenas, and all of the new content is stuff players have been asking for. Since it isn't a TON of new content hopefully they can make significant balance and performance improvements (although I know that is optimistic)
    Buff Soft Caps
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering for the tokens - will it be purchasable with RL currency, but then able to be bought and sold to other players? That would take at least some of the sting out of it for people who've been hoping for this but don't have the cash to splurge into it.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have one question: when?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    I only have one question: when?
    I think they said August.
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Oh nooo why there is no higher res of that promoting picture? Why not more screenshots from the new delves?
    - So the next update will bring 2 crown dungeons? Hope they are very cheap at least. But what about veteran versions of the current undaunted dungeons? ESO really needs lots more such dungeons.
    - AA, HR and DA uplifting? "Evil face" Gooood.
    - Another question? Will barber shop be premium only?
    - Level cap didn't rising yet? Maybe that is good.
    - I'm curious about balance changes as well. But to be honest... I'm repeating myself... we really need more group delves. Oh and not copy paste stuff but something very special. :)

What kind of dungeons I'm looking forward next?
    Adventure Trial DLCs ideas

Keywords: Exploration, Quests, Secrets, Rumors, Time limit, Traps, Sacrifices, Delve blindly, Delve solo, Get lost, Great treasures, Events...

So here is the thing. @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

- I'd recommend the following idea for 12 man groups but smaller or larger groups might also fit nicely into the theme.
    - This kind of dungeons should include an extensive series of quests, rumors and secrets.
    - Firstly an NPC will approach you with a rumor about a long forgotten delve.
    - He will send you into an extensive series of quests to collect additional information about its location, to learn its secrets and puzzles that it will await the players.
    - To enter this particular dungeon, players are sent into an expedition to find map fragments, rumors and other documents and once they finish collecting everything they need they can finally teleport to this dungeon.
    - Quests should send players into the whole Tamriel. Fragments should come from doing daily undaunted pledges. Rumors and other information's should come in a similar way, by doing certain daily quests.
    - It is sufficient that one person have the dungeon discovered to access it. But here is the thing. Once you enter this dungeon your key will be consumed and you will have to do the whole series of quests again to get another chance of playing it. Or, join someone else's group who have an key already.
    - Once you enter this particular dungeon, Once you've taken the first dozen steps, the temple will start to collapse, and time will start ticking.
    - Upon entering, terrain should become all of a sudden very step and players should be caught in a long falling that might be proven to be deathly for certain players.
    - At the end of this long path, in certain areas players might stop on a small cliff right on the edge of a very deep chasm. But if you weren't so fortunate you might miss your chance thus ending in your ultimate death.
    - Once death, its game over for that player. He will have to do another run.
    - During the fall you might use synergies in certain places to get to safety faster or in the last moment... if you're luckily and other players won't steal your only chance of salvation.
    - After the fall you have to jump over this chasm. Fail to do so and you will die.
    - Among the way more such deadly traps should await the players: Chasms that will open under players feet, resulting in the death of the player or players got caught into it. Other traps should damage, severely injure or slow players or even kill them. Remember time is critical here surviving too because players should depend of each other.
    - Environment should be harsh, either you are freezing to death in the deeps of an icy glacier, either you will be literally burning inside of a volcano, you will have to survive. Other dangerous areas should be included like a stormy area or a poisonous one. Among the way there should be few safe zones in which players can take a short break before the next adventure.
    - Delve blindly. Dust, smoke and darkness should be proven to be very difficult to be taken lightly.
    - The path shouldn't be linear at all but very ramified. Take an wrong turn and game over. Go together and might be proven it wasn't the right choice. Split into wrong teams and things might go very bad later.
    - To make things even more interesting, players should sacrifice themselves for the sake of the whole group. Sit on a plate to keep a door open. Tank away a horde of monsters. Keep that pillar from not collapsing upon the players. Win time for the team and you will be well remembered.
    - Ok so what is the main purpose of these delves? Firstly its an adventure. Get in, have fun, survive... and lately? The goal is to get the most awesome treasures ever! Speaking about treasures, Just like in the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood DLCs they should be put in random places among the delve to make things really interesting. But unlike in the 2 DLCs above this time you have absolutely no idea where to look for them! Get the most treasures or simply finish this adventure and you will become someone that whole Tamriel will recognize. Reward should be equally divided at the end, so players that didn't make it should not be worried because they will also receive their loot part.
    - What else what else? Oh items and sets! Unlike in other trials, here instead of getting items players should only get fragment of items. Get all such items and then turn into awesome artifacts!
    - Wait where are monsters? As traps alone and time weren't an problem already, large hordes of monsters should attack players from all directions. Will you have the man to pull them off?
    - Bosses should be harder than ever. Who knows when the land before your feet might collapse under your feet taking you with it? Who will tell if that rock will fall right upon your heads? Maybe you will get luckily and the Boss will be the one falling who knows? Mechanics should include using environment or even other mobs against your enemy, similar to the Warrior from end of Hel Ra Citadel HM.

If you guys don't like the ideas... i really have no idea what to say. But if you like it I hope you will sustain me making it worthwhile for everyone.
    Edited by deleted008293 on June 21, 2016 4:21PM
  • JohnDuca
    JohnDuca
    Soul Shriven
    So does this mean that the Murkmire zone DLC is no longer a thing? You divide that into pieces instead of bringing something big like Orsinium?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm excited to be able to finally change aspects of my characters and dye costumes... two MAJOR pluses in my book... but lack of content for solo players is not going to sit well with the majority of players. I also want to say, I called it when I said that the 'Dungeon Pack' would ONLY involve a couple of dungeons... while a few others continued to argue that 'small packs' meant DLCs like TG and DB... which is clearly not the case. I don't mind waiting a few months for content, but they better realize that as the majority of the game players here are solo players... they do NOT take the route that DCUO did and majorally screw over solo players. Over there you could wait several months for something you liked to play, and even when it arrived, many times it was poorly done... and even the Community Manager agreed that they didn't want even want solo content in the game.

However, I have hope that the reason for lack of content is because the majority of the dev team is working on One Tamriel... and hopefully once that is complete we'll be back to having bigger DLCs again.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    - Cyrodrill towns -> 3 flags, great! i was worried that they would make the same mistake that they did with the IC districts
    The biggest problem with the IC flags is they just look tacked on, and don't feel natural in any way or mesh into the setting or story of IC.

• SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    - Cyrodrill towns -> 3 flags, great! i was worried that they would make the same mistake that they did with the IC districts
    The biggest problem with the IC flags is they just look tacked on, and don't feel natural in any way or mesh into the setting or story of IC.

Ic flags are perfectly fine as they are. The zone is populated and a lot of fun, quite a big success. There is no need for more flags there whatsoever

• HisShadowX
    HisShadowX
    ✭✭✭
    I completed the Argonian Zone and it's boring as hell. When I heard Rumors of Elder Scrolls VI happening in Black Marsh I thought oh know how can a game be in a swamp and than I played it in Elder The Elder Scrolls Online. Boring, I'll be skipping this DLC.

I like the new capture the flag town situation. I think this will be a pretty awesome!

Hopefully the text chat will not be on, on default because I'll be turning it off if it is. It's do much more enjoyable with the MIC mode.

I think the biggest thing you guys need to fix is the servers, you got a lot of problems there.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    While I'm excited to be able to finally change aspects of my characters and dye costumes... two MAJOR pluses in my book... but lack of content for solo players is not going to sit well with the majority of players. I also want to say, I called it when I said that the 'Dungeon Pack' would ONLY involve a couple of dungeons... while a few others continued to argue that 'small packs' meant DLCs like TG and DB... which is clearly not the case. I don't mind waiting a few months for content, but they better realize that as the majority of the game players here are solo players... they do NOT take the route that DCUO did and majorally screw over solo players. Over there you could wait several months for something you liked to play, and even when it arrived, many times it was poorly done... and even the Community Manager agreed that they didn't want even want solo content in the game.

However, I have hope that the reason for lack of content is because the majority of the dev team is working on One Tamriel... and hopefully once that is complete we'll be back to having bigger DLCs again.

We got three patches, back to back, with content mainly for solo players. What did you expect, every single one of them like that?
    Edited by SanTii.92 on June 21, 2016 4:32PM

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AWESOME
    Edited by Cinbri on June 21, 2016 4:33PM
  • zharthasb16_ESO
    zharthasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    @Bfish22090 I don't disagree with you, though I likely won't be participating in the new dungeons or any DLC. Until they fix the base game, my sub will remain cancelled.

i bet theyre going to make the barbershop/race change sub only.
    they will gain so many subs if they do that

You think ? people will sub a month , go to barbershop, after cancel sub ! I think it will be in crown store, maybe xx crowns for change look, another xx crowns for change race.. or a bundle for the total .. more details to come
    Edited by zharthasb16_ESO on June 21, 2016 11:30PM
    Megaserver US - since 2014
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    kungmoo wrote: »
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom

this is all great, glad to have more dungeons and and the barbershop.... all of it

but I have one question, one that is on everyones mind

It has been a year since the last level update, so can we get clear word on if there is a level increase in this update (or cp increase or whatever) so we can start planning ahead? I for one am on the verge of upgrading a set of gear atm, and I would really hate to waste all those gold mats for just a few weeks of use.

@kungmoo Absolutely don't go gold right now. Firstly, there is a definite possibility of a gear level increase as you mentioned.. secondly, there could be gear that you prefer MUCH more coming with the next update. So even if they don't change gear cap.. you may be wishing you waited because there may be a better suited item set for you. (No idea if they are adding full item sets, but they definitely mentioned at least monster helms)

I can handle there being a new set I might want to run, cause the current set will still be viable. I just don't want to upgrade it and then need to get the same set again to upgrade
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    next patch will be a "magicka update"
    like this patch was a "stamina update"

get your magicka NB ready lone

The irony is that I made a new NB with a proper stamina race in 1.7, to replace my original Dunmer with a decent alliance war rank. And now they release race change..

Vet Dragonstar though.

lets make not sure to exclude valo this time we dont want people getting mad at us
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Text Chat +1
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please increase CP limit to 600....
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 21, 2016 7:00PM
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buy hairstyles? Really?

I can understand selling us the tokens needed to have a makeover but...
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally character customization! :)
    It was long overdue.
    I hope the cost of the tokens will be in gold.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the barber shop is part of the base game patch, does that mean it's accessible with ingame Gold?
    Because otherwise it isn't really part of the base game patch ...
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Murkmire? Only dungeons? ZOS, you kidding me!?
    PC/EU
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please increase CP limit to 601...

Many players are still below the cp cap.
    It is not going to happen anytime soon.
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say that you are increasing the difficulty on Hel Ra, AA, and DSA, do you mean that they will actually be harder, or that you are leveling them up to c160 while actually making them stupidly easy as was done with SO?
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you say that you are increasing the difficulty on Hel Ra, AA, and DSA, do you mean that they will actually be harder, or that you are leveling them up to c160 while actually making them stupidly easy as was done with SO?

If you read carefully it says they are upgrading them to Max level and adding a veteran version of the trials. So expect it to be like nSo and vSo gap.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on June 21, 2016 5:11PM

• mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race change? Hell yeah, so i can be an Argonian in morning and High Elf at night? Hahaha
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Preyfar wrote: »

Ic flags are perfectly fine as they are. The zone is populated and a lot of fun, quite a big success. There is no need for more flags there whatsoever
    I didn't say they needed more flags at all. It's just the placement. It seems really odd and immersion breaking that Xivkyn just walk right in front of the flag areas. There's not much in the way of fortifications of them, or much to give a sense of feeling that your faction is taking control of the area. I just hoped there'd be more to really bring the feel of it together.