Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New block animation needs to go.. seriously.

• DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is totally uncaled for. The block animation is so damn obvious.. why do we need something..?? Some devs playing their game but sucked at it and went all" hej lets fu... the last bit of immersion up and add an effect more that just annoys everyone"
    If it is a bug just let us know, but keep up the silence only make the rage grow.
    And in german: das wurde mal komplett verbockt, sorry. 2 Jahre lang haben wohl gewisse Leute bei euch einfach nichts dazu gelernt. (My english is limited ;) )
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    It is totally uncaled for. The block animation is so damn obvious.. why do we need something..?? Some devs playing their game but sucked at it and went all" hej lets fu... the last bit of immersion up and add an effect more that just annoys everyone"
    If it is a bug just let us know, but keep up the silence only make the rage grow.
    And in german: das wurde mal komplett verbockt, sorry. 2 Jahre lang haben wohl gewisse Leute bei euch einfach nichts dazu gelernt. (My english is limited ;) )

I agree with not needing it, I also agree that it shatters the immersion I had completely.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
    -=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
    -=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
    -=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
    -=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
    http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you can thank console players for it, they are the ones who like these sort of things Mass Effect ect. all need such animations to assist them.

Obviously I am generalising here and not everyone who plays console is like this BUT the majority are.

majority of console players usually play FIFA, GTA, Call of Duty, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age. They need stuff like this to help em.

Diablo 3 did similar "console friendly" things.
    Hence the lack of a large skill bar, the same reason this game is capped @ 6 skills / bar.
    Call it what you want but dumbing down games has become the norm sad but true OP
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    OP you can thank console players for it, they are the ones who like these sort of things Mass Effect ect. all need such animations to assist them.

Obviously I am generalising here and not everyone who plays console is like this BUT the majority are.

majority of console players usually play FIFA, GTA, Call of Duty, Skyrim, Mass Effect, Dragon Age. They need stuff like this to help em.

Hence the lack of a large skill bar, the same reason this game is capped @ 6 skills / bar.
    Call it what you want but dumbing down games has become the norm sad but true OP

That may be the case, though I still see no reason as to why they couldn't make it a toggle for the rest of us whom do not need /want it. It looks horrible in role play :( And I have no issues seeing when I am blocking with the base animation. o.o
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • merpins
    merpins
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is definitely much more immersion breaking when you're in first person. I can live with it in third person, but it should not be a visual thing in first at all, because it makes no sense. A player should not have a visual cue to tell them they are blocking; the animation for blocking tells the player that their character is doing it, especially in first person. I could see it as something that would be useful for newer players, but as an eso veteran, I honestly don't need the combat cues at all anymore. The fact that this one is mandatory, non-toggleable, and very visually disruptive is outrageous. I could see this as a mandatory thing in PVP, but i still do not need to see when I'm blocking cause I damn well know when I'm doing it.
    Edited by merpins on June 7, 2016 3:35AM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taruha a oh mate you misunderstood :wink: I HATE IT as well!

I would love to see it go I mean I have been playing this game since 2014 beta, do I really need to know which direction I am blocking from now? Puh-leez :smiley:

EDIT: I originally tagged @Tahura (does not exist) by mistake
    Edited by Duiwel on June 7, 2016 7:37AM
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    @Taruha a oh mate you misunderstood :wink: I HATE IT as well!

I would love to see it go I mean I have been playing this game since 2014 beta, do I really need to know which direction I am blocking from now? Puh-leez :smiley:

EDIT: I originally tagged @Tahura (does not exist) by mistake

Owh ^_^ I second that then! I really wish they'd just make it toggleable :)
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Danvul
    Danvul
    I wondered what it was. Please let me toggle it off!
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they implemented this I can't believe they didn't consider many wouldn't want this. They really need to start thinking about these decisions and add toggles to avoid these from becoming issues in the first place.

ZOS, make it a toggle and no one will complain because they have a choice.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No console player I have talked to wants this! Don't blame us.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »

No console player I have talked to wants this! Don't blame us.

Haha, well I am sure if we keep poking they'll hear us at some point :)
    It should not be hard to make a toggle option for this ^^
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man, you folks really have issues.
    A block animation has to go, but there are so much more important things to be fixed.

Once those are fixed, THEN start nagging about nothing, not right now though.
    AFTERWARDS.
    Earthdawn Game Master Role Play Quotes by me:
    "If it looks like a bear, if it feels like a bear, smells and tastes like a bear, then be VERY aware, it could be something ENTIRELY different..."
    "Be careful what you wish for, you might get plenty of it..."
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A block animation has to go, but there are so much more important things to be fixed.

AFTERWARDS.

Because it was JUST added, if we don't complain NOW, then ZOS will not do anything about it in the future... and people will just get used to it and 'deal with it'. Besides that, it should be a relative easy fix to add this as an optional 'toggle' in the Gameplay menu... but like with most things that ZOS 'thinks' is cool, they aren't listening to the overwhelming majority of players who hate it. In fact, I am betting they are hoping more players are like you and would just sit and not say anything while silently 'hoping' that one day it will just go away... but that's not how things get changed, not here in ESO and not in the real world.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

AFTERWARDS.

Because it's a simple request with a simple solution :) Adding a toggle is doable and easy.
    They have done it for several things before :D
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AFTERWARDS.

lol it is this type of attitude that makes sure nothing ever gets fixed/changed
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind block animation at all (since I rarely block)... why I dislike A LOT is the robes of transmutation efect when healed.... that one blinds me
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Wildx1337
    Wildx1337
    ✭✭
    Please add a toggle option!
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible idea - horrible implementation. Not much more to say... Unnecessary, obtrusive and ugly. At least make it a toggle. Will be flaming ZOS daily via email until it is gone/optional. :(
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    d53NTbC.png
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    +1 for a toggle. It's not a game-breaker for me but it's annoying.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion is uncertainty.

With only a little common sense i cannot figure they spent dev time on this for no reason.

Now remember the forum is not the base at large and maybe they have feedback from numbers to support doing it.

Maybe it helps some folks tell when they drop out of block due to stamina loss.

Or maybe it helps internally with some of the action prioritization anti-ac stuff or something like that. (Easier to add new animation function with tweaks than to hunt down all cases in code of previous)

Its not gane breaking to me, though it was surprising. But it being there with no toggle hints at a need beyond the cosmetics.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    My opinion is uncertainty.

With only a little common sense i cannot figure they spent dev time on this for no reason.

Now remember the forum is not the base at large and maybe they have feedback from numbers to support doing it.

Maybe it helps some folks tell when they drop out of block due to stamina loss.

Or maybe it helps internally with some of the action prioritization anti-ac stuff or something like that. (Easier to add new animation function with tweaks than to hunt down all cases in code of previous)

Its not gane breaking to me, though it was surprising. But it being there with no toggle hints at a need beyond the cosmetics.

If so I'd love to hear the reason, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance we can get an explanation at least? :)
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason why they didn't add a toggle is because ZOS is lazy.
    Master Debater
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »

Or forgot? x)
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well i can see it getting compkex. Have 5 on 5 with different settings for show/hide blocks.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Bueller?

I cannot believe no one has said a word :/
  • pelennor_fields
    pelennor_fields
    ✭✭✭
    :|@ZOS_GinaBruno
    An explanation? A response?
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    agreed, get it tf outta here

rip decibel
  • masterbroodub17_ESO
    STEVIL wrote: »

Well i can see it getting compkex. Have 5 on 5 with different settings for show/hide blocks.

True, just kill it off. It's obvious enough when someone is blocking. If you can't see it without that mess, L2P
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    :|@ZOS_GinaBruno
    An explanation? A response?

Gina's on leave isn't she? :) with her mini Gina ^^
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-