The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A Set Planner Website

Snape2255
Snape2255
✭✭✭
EDIT: A SITE LIKE THIS IS CURRENTLY UNDER DEVELOPMENT. I HAVE POSTED THIS AT THE TOP SO EVERYONE CAN SEE. CHECK IT OUT: http://esolog.uesp.net/testBuild.php

Hello everyone,

I have recently been wondering if there is some sort of Set/Build "planner" website around for ESO. I used to use one quite regularly on a game I previously played. It worked as follows:
  • You choose your primary stat and apply your attribute points
  • You choose your skills that will be slotted (passive bonuses would then be applied to end result
  • You choose the items you wish to run (these would include weapon/armour effects such as traits/glyphs etc.)
  • You could also choose your class/level/race etc. etc. and where your skill points went
  • After taking all this into consideration it would provide you with a character sheet which would show you a rough estimate of what your stats would look like

What I am basically asking is; does anyone know of a website that has a similar/identical function to this for ESO.

I know of various "build planners" that allow you to plan your race and your skills etc., however these sites do not allow you to use sets and do not show you a preview of your character sheet.

I believe it would be extremely useful if there were one available, and if not I feel it would be extremely well-received by the community if one of you software-savvy people out there endeavoured to create such a site.

It would easily allow players to mix and match sets, classes and races to see what the best outcome for a character may be.

You could see if Leki gave more preferable overall stats than Marksman, for instance. It should also provide you with an option to checkout your stats after applying things such as Major Brutality/Sorcery and Alchemist procs etc.

A function to show estimate skill tooltip damage would be decent, however not a necessity as the primary function of the site would be to give you an idea of what your stats would be like by running certain set variations etc.

If there is one around, please send a link my way. If there isn't one around, what are everyone's thoughts about the potential to make one? I unfortunately haven't got the skills to create such a site, but I'm sure there are some amongst the community who would be capable of such a feat.
Edited by Snape2255 on June 9, 2016 9:02PM
The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's not entirely "appropriate" to bump a thread, however I really do feel that this is an interesting topic and/or project to discuss and would appreciate seeing other people's input in this. So for that purpose I'm pushing it up to the top. (It went down to page 3 overnight and therefore got barely any views)

As previously stated if you are aware of such a website please feel free to share it, if not then please reply with your opinions on one. Including if you could potentially create one yourself.
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you are referring to is called "theorycrafting".

I am sure you will find something if you search the forum or google with that keyword.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://esolog.uesp.net/viewSkills.php

It's in the process of updating after Dark Brotherhood came out, there's a lot of weapon skills missing as they're recalculating the coefficients from VR16 to the new level 50.
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a look round and the only thing that I can see is similar is an app on Android called "ESO Toolkit" (I have an iPhone :/) and this thread:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/207599/2-1-3-stat-catculator-version-1-77

However I'm not sure how reliable the software in that thread is and it's not browser-based, rather a downloadable.

The site you linked, @phaneub17_ESO, is unfortunately just for skills and requires you to input your stats already. The sort of thing I'm after is something that you can input your skills and sets etc. to find out what your stats will be like.

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is something that I've tried to put together but I gave up at the start due to the extremely lengthy process of manually inputting all the sets and values in to the spreadsheet. I've searched and asked around if there's already something that I can use to move forward but to no avail.

If I had this then I'd be able to easily create what we have in mind. It's something that would be extremely useful as I'm currently just doing them on a +/- basis without understanding what my overall sheet looks like. Tooltip values could easily be created via the already existing skill coefficient spreadsheets.
  • Incarnatus
    Incarnatus
    ✭✭✭
    Personally this one is my favorite:

eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    This is something that I've tried to put together but I gave up at the start due to the extremely lengthy process of manually inputting all the sets and values in to the spreadsheet. I've searched and asked around if there's already something that I can use to move forward but to no avail.

If I had this then I'd be able to easily create what we have in mind. It's something that would be extremely useful as I'm currently just doing them on a +/- basis without understanding what my overall sheet looks like. Tooltip values could easily be created via the already existing skill coefficient spreadsheets.

How would you go about doing this? I would say I could help but I wouldn't have the slightest clue about how to create it or help create it, other than getting together the set bonuses in a text document for you, and I'm sure that that wouldn't be much help really.
    Incarnatus wrote: »
    Personally this one is my favorite:

eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/

Another skill planner, not a set planner :/ Need something like that but with the options to include sets, calculate set bonuses and apply it all onto a character sheet at the end.

I've been trying out the "Stat Calculator" I linked earlier, but it's quite tedious to use and I'm not sure it's what I'm after.

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snape2255 wrote: »

How would you go about doing this? I would say I could help but I wouldn't have the slightest clue about how to create it or help create it, other than getting together the set bonuses in a text document for you, and I'm sure that that wouldn't be much help really.

It's quite lengthy to type out but what you're suggesting is exactly what I have in mind. Similar ones (excl. gear) already exist on Tamriel Foundry so it wouldn't be difficult to use theirs as a base - providing I can get the set information and formulas working correctly.

I'll have another go soon and come back if I make any progress. Feel free to DM if you want an update in the mean time.
  • Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not complete yet but you can take a look at
    http://esolog.uesp.net/testBuild.php
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asayre wrote: »

Holy ***. Is there any ETA?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This looks potentially awesome. How can we help make it happen?
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭

This is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for, except as you've said it's not complete yet. It seems the character sheet doesn't actually update well based on level + set bonuses etc. etc.

Also you can't apply glyphs to crafted sets etc.

With my setup it's saying I'll have 1.2k stam regen and 15k max stamina on a 501 CP Level 50 char using...well....enough gear to more than double that.

If this is finished though it could be incredible, so much potential here! Is there an ETA?

If you created it, or know who created it, perhaps you/they wouldn't mind people helping to finish it? @Sunburnt_Penguin seems keen on creating one, perhaps he could help finish the project?

It would quite easily become the most widely-used set planner amongst the ESO community, within days of release.

Best of luck with it!

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for, except as you've said it's not complete yet. It seems the character sheet doesn't actually update well based on level + set bonuses etc. etc.

Also you can't apply glyphs to crafted sets etc.

With my setup it's saying I'll have 1.2k stam regen and 15k max stamina on a 501 CP Level 50 char using...well....enough gear to more than double that.

If this is finished though it could be incredible, so much potential here! Is there an ETA?

If you created it, or know who created it, perhaps you/they wouldn't mind people helping to finish it? @Sunburnt_Penguin seems keen on creating one, perhaps he could help finish the project?

It would quite easily become the most widely-used set planner amongst the ESO community, within days of release.

Best of luck with it!
    Oh I've no chance with something like this. I was only looking at putting a spreadsheet together (which I now realise from re-reading the title that is a little off what you had in mind) which would be far less interactive and accessible.
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I've no chance with something like this. I was only looking at putting a spreadsheet together (which I now realise from re-reading the title that is a little off what you had in mind) which would be far less interactive and accessible.

Well a spreadsheet would still be more useful than a regular skill planner, either way I'm sure if any of us could help excel the completion of that project we'd be more than happy to.

At least we know that there is one in development, and the end result would be awesome. It's a shame the features don't work correctly at the moment. It's not seeming to add up the stats properly.

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well a spreadsheet would still be more useful than a regular skill planner, either way I'm sure if any of us could help excel the completion of that project we'd be more than happy to.

At least we know that there is one in development, and the end result would be awesome. It's a shame the features don't work correctly at the moment. It's not seeming to add up the stats properly.

It really does look awesome, I'm hoping it's finalised before DB console release because I'm torn between MagTemplar builds. If not, it'll still be a great tool going forward.

Yeah I'd be willing to help but anything out of excel is out of my capabilities and if the creators have got that far with it I'm sure they're more than capable of finishing it off - time constraints are likely to be the biggest block.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on June 8, 2016 1:51PM
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭

@Asayre

I'm getting a bit more used to using the site and it's decent and all that, but how do we enable set bonuses to be applied?

"Toggled Sets
    The following worn set effects can be manually enabled as desired."

There isn't an option for this, do we have to manually add the effects?

The site also isn't adding bonuses from Racial passives etc.

Other than that it's awesome, just wouldn't mind perhaps a tutorial on how to use it. Even a description on each panel that says, per se, "To add set bonuses apply them manually, to do so do: blah blah blah".

Any help?

Edit: On second thought I think the set bonuses may already be applied. However you can't toggle these as on option. Skill passives definitely do not seem to be applied though, unfortunately, any idea when this'll get fixed?
    Edited by Snape2255 on June 8, 2016 7:52PM

• Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Snape2255

I don't think the Toggled Sets section is finished yet.

About a completion data perhaps you can ask the creator @Reorx_Holybeard
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Snape2255

I don't think the Toggled Sets section is finished yet.

About a completion data perhaps you can ask the creator @Reorx_Holybeard

Yes...this site is a "work in progress" so there are a lot of things that don't work fully or even at all. I have been picking at it this week and have managed to get a lot of functionality in but still a bit more to go before its technically "usable". You're more than welcome to use it and provide feedback but just be aware of the state it is in.

If I had to classify features on working/not working...

Mostly Working (in theory)
    • General character settings
    • Item and set bonuses
    • Passive bonuses (most of the simple ones at least)
    • Champion Points

Not Yet Working
    • Buff effects
    • Spell tooltips (doesn't take into account CP, cost reduction, or +damage effects yet)
    • Active skill effects on your skill bar
    • Toggled skill effects
    • Saving/loading builds (will work through our wiki login eventually to manage builds)

There are also a ton of effects and computed stats that I need to verify. Asayre has done a great job at the basic formulas but there are still skills/effects that need to be classified into exactly where in the formulas they get applied. I think once I get the basic features working I'll let the community help out with that part in addition to testing the builder.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Asayre

I'm getting a bit more used to using the site and it's decent and all that, but how do we enable set bonuses to be applied?

"Toggled Sets

Other than that it's awesome, just wouldn't mind perhaps a tutorial on how to use it. Even a description on each panel that says, per se, "To add set bonuses apply them manually, to do so do: blah blah blah".

Any help?

Edit: On second thought I think the set bonuses may already be applied. However you can't toggle these as on option. Skill passives definitely do not seem to be applied though, unfortunately, any idea when this'll get fixed?

To try and answer this question more specifically...while I've tried to make the interface similar in function to the game interface (on PC at least) some sort of help page would definitely be helpful (will be "eventually").

Its possible you were trying the toggled sets while I was implementing them...try a full/hard page reload. Normal set bonuses are applied automatically when you equip the relevant number of set items. You can see the result of set inputs at the bottom of the set tab.

Toggled sets are a special case where the set effect may not always be "on" or may have a complex relationship on when it gets applied. For example, the 5 piece Orgnum's Scales effect "If below 60% Health, increase Health Recovery by 50%.". When you're wearing 5 (or more) pieces of this set you should see this effect in the "toggled" section and be able to turn it on/off as desired.

There will be a similar toggled section for skills as well that I'm working on today actually.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
  • superZ
    superZ
    ✭✭
    Commenting here, so I can find this again. Cool stuff!
    XBOX 1 NA

gt: ll super Z ll
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭

@Asayre

"Toggled Sets

Any help?

To try and answer this question more specifically...while I've tried to make the interface similar in function to the game interface (on PC at least) some sort of help page would definitely be helpful (will be "eventually").

Its possible you were trying the toggled sets while I was implementing them...try a full/hard page reload. Normal set bonuses are applied automatically when you equip the relevant number of set items. You can see the result of set inputs at the bottom of the set tab.

Toggled sets are a special case where the set effect may not always be "on" or may have a complex relationship on when it gets applied. For example, the 5 piece Orgnum's Scales effect "If below 60% Health, increase Health Recovery by 50%.". When you're wearing 5 (or more) pieces of this set you should see this effect in the "toggled" section and be able to turn it on/off as desired.

There will be a similar toggled section for skills as well that I'm working on today actually.

You after I refreshed later in the night they started working fine. I really do have to thank you for making this, it's awesome!

You said you welcomed feedback so here are just a few suggestions I can think of that I feel would be useful to add. You may have already thought of these yourself, but here goes anyway.
    • Save setups - you said you were already intending to implement this, but just reiterating that it is an awesome feature if you can make it possible.
    • Ways to toggle stat bonuses including;
      • Set effects
      • Passive bonuses
      • Buffs (so that you can choose to apply Major Brutality or not, etc. etc.)
      • Battle Spirit buff (to checkout your stats inside Cyrodiil, with a base of +5000 HP and both home scroll effects)
    • When adding new gear/glyphs to items, they take into consideration options already chosen for other gear types. Example being: If you add a "Medium, Infused Hat", you then have to remove these filters before you can choose Jewellery/Glyphs/Weapons, otherwise it will say like "Item does not exist".
    • Similar to what I mean with the "toggle stat bonuses" is that in its current state to add bonuses which may not currently be applied (for instance if you want to run Vampire, the +10% recovery has to be manually applied to the stat). You have to manually apply the bonus but then the bonus gets removed when you close the interface again, and doesn't get applied directly to the character sheet. It could be an option to allow these bonuses to apply onto the character sheet, and not just when you open the interface to put in, say, +10% and it only shows you in the box opened.
    • Maybe adding an option to toggle Vampire/Werewolf etc. on your stats seeing as you gain Vampire passives without having to slot abilities from now on, so you can checkout that bonus too. EDIT: This has just been added recently, which is awesome.
    • Also, I don't know how or why but I do feel that the "Health" sheet number is incorrect a lot of the time. For instance my NB set states I'll have 11.6k health, I don't feel that that is true (or rather, I damn well hope not). But my tank's health came up as only 57,000, when I know fully well it's up near 68,000 with the setup proposed.
    • There is also an issue where applying glyphs to smaller armour pieces applies the bonus of those applied to larger pieces, and "Infused" isn't taken into consideration either.

These aren't just me trying to criticise your work, I'm just making suggestions and supplying some feedback for you to dwell on.

Overall I think the site is fantastic and I'm already really enjoying using it.

Thanks for creating it @Reorx_Holybeard, fantastic work. If you make any more updates please feel free to let us know and we can give feedback on how the updates are working.
    Edited by Snape2255 on June 9, 2016 9:07PM

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Asayre

"Toggled Sets

Any help?

You after I refreshed later in the night they started working fine. I really do have to thank you for making this, it's awesome!

You said you welcomed feedback so here are just a few suggestions I can think of that I feel would be useful to add. You may have already thought of these yourself, but here goes anyway.
    • Save setups - you said you were already intending to implement this, but just reiterating that it is an awesome feature if you can make it possible.
    • Ways to toggle stat bonuses including;
      • Set effects
      • Passive bonuses
      • Buffs (so that you can choose to apply Major Brutality or not, etc. etc.)
      • Battle Spirit buff (to checkout your stats inside Cyrodiil, with a base of +5000 HP and both home scroll effects)
    • When adding new gear/glyphs to items, they take into consideration options already chosen for other gear types. Example being: If you add a "Medium, Infused Hat", you then have to remove these filters before you can choose Jewellery/Glyphs/Weapons, otherwise it will say like "Item does not exist".
    • Similar to what I mean with the "toggle stat bonuses" is that in its current state to add bonuses which may not currently be applied (for instance if you want to run Vampire, the +10% recovery has to be manually applied to the stat). You have to manually apply the bonus but then the bonus gets removed when you close the interface again, and doesn't get applied directly to the character sheet. It could be an option to allow these bonuses to apply onto the character sheet, and not just when you open the interface to put in, say, +10% and it only shows you in the box opened.
    • Maybe adding an option to toggle Vampire/Werewolf etc. on your stats seeing as you gain Vampire passives without having to slot abilities from now on, so you can checkout that bonus too. EDIT: This has just been added recently, which is awesome.
    • Also, I don't know how or why but I do feel that the "Health" sheet number is incorrect a lot of the time. For instance my NB set states I'll have 11.6k health, I don't feel that that is true (or rather, I damn well hope not). But my tank's health came up as only 57,000, when I know fully well it's up near 68,000 with the setup proposed.
    • There is also an issue where applying glyphs to smaller armour pieces applies the bonus of those applied to larger pieces, and "Infused" isn't taken into consideration either.

These aren't just me trying to criticise your work, I'm just making suggestions and supplying some feedback for you to dwell on.

Overall I think the site is fantastic and I'm already really enjoying using it.

Thanks for creating it @Reorx_Holybeard, fantastic work. If you make any more updates please feel free to let us know and we can give feedback on how the updates are working.

Thanks for the feedback! While its still mid-development it is close enough to usable to get some feedback and ideas on it.
    • Saving builds is actually near the top of the list now. I need to make some complete builds and compare it to the actual in-game character data to find bugs and it takes too long to enter everything each time.
    • I added buffs this afternoon so do a forced reload and check that out. I had forgotten about the Battle Spirit buff which I'll add tomorrow.
    • I'm not quite sure what you mean by "toggling" the stat bonuses. For most things it is just a matter of equipping items, purchasing skills, and applying them to the skill bar. Purchased passives will have their effect calculated automatically as will active skills on the current skill bar. The only thing that is "toggled" at the moment are more complex sets/skills/buffs which might not always be in effect. There's actually a quite a long list of potential effects so I've started with the most basic and will add more complex effects as needed. If you notice a certain set/skill/buff missing or calculated incorrectly just let me know (though I fear there may be lots of those at the moment).
    • The item search filter not resetting was a bug I fixed sometime today. If you're still getting it after a hard page refresh let me know.
    • There is an issue with the item popup tooltips not being 100% accurate with enchantments regarding infused and on "small" pieces but the actual effect added is correct (or should be). Click on the "..." button next to an item to see the exact stats used. I'll be fixing the tooltip for this "soon".

Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good to me! I'll check the new updates out when I get in from work.

With regards to the toggled bonuses it was pretty much just buffs and certain set bonuses but by the looks of things you already have this underway. I'll give you a shout if I spot any that aren't working correctly.

Please do let me know of any updates you do make. Like I've said I am extremely excited to see this finished and am more than happy to test it and provide feedback to help you out.

• willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    very nice @Reorx_Holybeard
    is there a place to give feed back should i notice something when testing it out? and do you even want feed back at this stage?

PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice @Reorx_Holybeard
    is there a place to give feed back should i notice something when testing it out? and do you even want feed back at this stage?

There is no dedicated place yet so here is fine for now. Eventually there will be a help page on the wiki you can use for discussion.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard

Thought I'd just let you know that your "Battle Spirit" buff increases healing received, damage taken and damage shields. The actual buff decreases rather than increases.

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reorx_Holybeard

Thought I'd just let you know that your "Battle Spirit" buff increases healing received, damage taken and damage shields. The actual buff decreases rather than increases.

Thanks! There were, and probably skill are, a few skills where the magnitude was reversed like this. So I've managed to get the majority of the main work done on the builder and while it is definitely not finished it is at a point where it could use a bunch of testing/using to expose the remaining bugs and get some feedback on it.

The interface to create/view/edit builds is now at www.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData.

I've tested it with 7 of my different character/builds and while it is not perfect it is actually reasonable accurate...most primary stats are within 2 of their actual values and even tooltip damage/healing is sometimes right on as well. Having said that there are a few known issues, both with the builder and actual in-game bugs I've identified as well.
    • The Undaunted Mettle passive in-game sometimes breaks and doesn't correctly apply the stat bonuses which can mess up values by 2%. If you logout and back in it temporarily fixes the stat display.
    • Sometimes in-game the ability cost is randomly 1-2% higher than it should be. I haven't narrowed down the cause and it seems fine on PTS.
    • Most of the basic skills, sets and effects have been added but there still remains a lot that won't work, or won't work perfectly. If you find something that doesn't work or gives the wrong values just let me know.
    • Similarly, while the primary stats seem to work well (everything above and including Penetration) some of the remaining stats need work and will be incorrect.
    • I've mainly tested the interface using Chrome and while it seems to work fine for IE/Firefox let me know if you run into issues in other browsers. I haven't tested it yet on mobile and I doubt if it actually would be usable or not.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That link OP provides is still under construction but looks like it may be good when it's done.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Hempyre
    Hempyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not so mobile friendly, cool though, will try it at home.
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found another in-game bug...the Nightblade skill Dark Shades III doesn't trigger the Dark Vigor passive (+3% Health when slotted).
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC