Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Quest Purchases

ShedsHisTail
ShedsHisTail
✭✭✭✭✭
This might sound like an unusual request but I got to thinking about it when I saw the new Dro-m'Athra Senche.

Can we get quests or something associated with Crown Store purchases? Like, content to play rather than just, "Here's your magic cat-horse."

One of the things which bugs me and prevents me from purchasing things like the Dro-m'Athra or the Nightmare steed, or the various daedric pets is that they don't seem to fit my character. Not in the sense of "Oh that's lore breaking." or any of that, I understand that the lore in Tamriel is dynamic an subject to change. What I mean is that, there's no reason for my character to have it. I din't do anything for it. Just one day I don't have it, the next day I do.

What I would love would be, on purchase, to instead of just getting the mount, get a quest added to my journal, or a lore book which started a quest added to my inventory. Let it take me on an epic journey, a quest which shows me where this item I'm purchasing fits into the world and how it becomes relevant to my character's story. Something I can play through on time and actually -acquire- this mount, actually feel som sort of connection to this new pet that follows me around because I had to earn it's trust, or save it rom an evil necromancer, or... something.

Maybe don't do it with -all- purchases, but perhaps some of the more outlandish/flambouyant ones.
Edited by ShedsHisTail on May 26, 2016 5:16PM
"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can ride coach, or you can upgrade to first class and watch a 45 minute video about how the captain really loves to collect miniature lighthouses and play flag football on the weekends with his old high school buddies.

There's a difference between world building and explaining something for the sake of explaining it.
    The cake voucher quest? Definitely arbitrary explanation.
    signing off
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    You can ride coach, or you can upgrade to first class and watch a 45 minute video about how the captain really loves to collect miniature lighthouses and play flag football on the weekends with his old high school buddies.

I'm very confused by this analogy.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little surprised.
    I sort of expected this to be a more popular idea.

Maybe it needs an inflammatory headline.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    That'd be pretty cool, but the completionist in me cringes at the thought of buying Crown Store fluff just for the quest. I'd be fine with allowing the purchase of past event quests though.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if they had a quest line put in DB for shadowmere. Alas, I don't think that will happen. Would have been a good oportunity for zos.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a little surprised.
    I sort of expected this to be a more popular idea.

Maybe it needs an inflammatory headline.

Problem is that if you start connecting things in the crown store with ingame questing,everyone will get rather unhappy.
    We need to keep the two separate.Totally.I can understand what you are saying,and it might be fun.However,it wont go down well.I can bet it would go like this:
    P2W!!!
    Even though it isnt.
    Also it would lead to more and more quest/crown store hookups,and we shouldnt get that going.