Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we hunt monster collectibles in a group?

mobyvixen
mobyvixen
I was wondering if anybody knew if you get credit for all monster kills towards collectibles/trophies (not just XP) in a group. I am thinking we should but before we head out to try to wipe some monsters from the face of Tamriel in the hopes of completing some of these, I hate to assume we all get credit and then we don't so figured I would ask. Thanks for any thoughts!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, there is no Kill Stealing in this game, as long as you get one hit in on the mob, you get credit for the kill. I have never actually looked at the counters for this achievement in a group, but I do know I get exp for kills that happen by my group even if I did not get a hit on the mobs. However this would be easy to test. Just look at the Journal for the category of mob you are going after before and after the fight, you will see the counter increment or not. That being said, I I know I have incremented a boss kill counter while grouped, but I was also contributing to most of the kills while grouped. I was not looking at individual kills, but I did look before and after this particular dungeon and had gained about 150 kills of Dwemer constructs.

As for the Trophies, that is all down to RNG as what each person is going to see in the loot box, one could get a trophy and the rest of the group nada.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rainteal
    Rainteal
    ✭✭✭
    The amount of times that members of my group that do not collect monster trophies got the rare item I was looking for has taken portions of my soul...

Or, the times that I got the trophies I was looking for on my main from one random monster kill on my alt...

Abandon your quest now!! The monster trophies are evil I tell you!! They are worse than my precious Master Angler achievement!

All jokes aside, I do not recommend farming in groups for this one. I have had friends get multiples of trophies I needed during a single dungeon or vDSA run that I have not gotten from countless times farming. Save your sanity and farm them solo or just by running dungeons that have the monsters you need. Thankfully, my friends stopped telling me in dungeon runs that they got drops that they knew I needed lol.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ____ Slayer/Killer/Whatever it was achievements I'm pretty sure those only count if you get the last hit.

But yes, trophies are individual and follow Rule #83c of RNG: "Let he who doesn't need the item obtain it in spades, while he who needs it is left to dry forever more."
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hunting in a group may improve the odds of getting a trophy, because the group will be able to kill more monsters faster, and individuals can loot what others have killed. As others have stated, the loot is not shared, each group member has their own RNG. Unfortunately, zos made completing this set of achievements nearly impossible and extremely grindy, even more so for those in EP. That's because of level restrictions for loot drops, the nature of RNG, and because zos disabled the ability to bank trophies, so they could be transferred to another alt. At the end, there is no title for the most obnoxious grindfest in the game, only a few dyes. If none of this dissuades you from the challenge, check this long-running thread for the best info on the topic: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/129559/collectible-achievement-guide-spoiler-alert
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • mobyvixen
    mobyvixen
    Well, I guess a couple of us can do the test to see if the numbers change in the achievements even if we don't kill the monsters. If anything it might be less boring than doing this solo. It was feeling awfully grindy which is why I was thinking about making it a group thing...maybe even a recurring guild event just to give us an opportunity to hang out.

Thanks for the feedback!