Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dodge!!!!!

gamerguy757
gamerguy757
✭✭✭✭✭
Question! I have been reading threads and experiencing it in PvP a lot. Where Infi-Dodge seems to be the most common exploit. I thought it was just RNG, but someone in our guild and in Voice Chat stated that players are stacking Major Evasion? I didn't think that was possible. If so, was that intentional or is it a glitch or just a rumor? The only dodge chance I know stacks is Major Evasion, and Glorious Defender.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    158eez.jpg
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • KingDuncanVII
    KingDuncanVII
    ✭✭✭
    You're not supposed to be able to stack two of the same type, so if this is true, it is an illegal exploit.
    Playstation 4 - North American Server - Aldmeri Dominion - Champion Rank 430
    Magicka Altmer Nightblade | - Champion
    Magicka Regaurd Templar | - Champion
    Stamina Khajiit Nightblade | - Champion
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its not Shuffle Stacking or Stacking Major Evasion.

what happens is this:

when you Roll Dodge, during and a short period after competing the roll you have what I will call an i-frame. During this i-frame time you are invulnerable to everything except AOE attacks. You can still CC these people with Fossilize, Rune Cage, etc, but single target skills will not damage them.

Shuffle appears to work the same way, When Shuffle Procs, it creates the same i-frame Window a Normal Dodge roll does and during that window of immunity you will continually dodge everything that can be dodged by a normal dodge roll.

If you are wearing the Crusader Set, which was updated to CP 160 rank this update, it extends the i-frame window of a normal dodge roll by an extra 0.3 seconds. A user wearing the Crusader Set in theory would literally only have 3 abilities in the entire game that could damage him those being Radiant Destruction, Lighting Staff Heavy, Resto Staff Heavy...most of the CC abilities like Rune Cage that will get a dodge roller do not deal damage.

These heavy Dodge roll centered builds then have Shuffle that when you don't have the stamina for another Dodge the chances are good you will get a Shuffle proc because it lasts 20 some secs and is pretty cheap from a resource perspective.

The fact that poisons increase the cost of Damage Shields(Magic Users main defense) by 60% but Dodge roll is not effected by this change is horribly unbalanced considering the Damage Shield requires a skill bar slot and you cna still be CC while under a shield.

The simply solution to this issue is:

1. Code the i-frame window so it ends after 1 attack has been dodged(no dodging multiple attacks with one dodge roll)
    2. Put a 5 sec cooldown on Major Evasion, every other RNG set or proc has some sort of cooldown, Major Evasion should be no different.

Shuffle is not OP on its own, but combined with high regen builds built to dodge combined with Shuffle it keeps an i-frame window open far too long, its unbalanced...this wasn't an issue in the soft caps days because you couldn't roll like you can now...when you take CP Roll reductions, Medium Armor Roll reductions, Stamina Cost reduction Enchants, reducing dodge cost, and now adding Well Fitted and upping the level on Crusader, its just stupid unbalanced.

Of course Damage Shields were unbalanced an broken OP for aobut 2 years so we got about another year i'd say before ZOS realizes this is unbalanced and actually fixes it...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried spamming Acid Spray ?
  • Dirty_Digs
    Dirty_Digs
    ✭✭✭
    I watched a certain dragonknight miraculously dodge about 20-25 attacks in a row last night using shuffle. He was running around with a dc guild notorious for exploiting and I reported it but...this has been going on forever it's just not fun anymore.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty_Digs wrote: »
    I watched a certain dragonknight miraculously dodge about 20-25 attacks in a row last night using shuffle. He was running around with a dc guild notorious for exploiting and I reported it but...this has been going on forever it's just not fun anymore.

Reading this and the numerous explanations including those above, it seems the number of attacks dodged is mostly irrelevent to assessing cheat or not.

In theory one simple dodge could dodge 100 attacks if they came from 100 folks all firing during the half sec of "dodge everything".

So while 20-25 in a row seems dramatic, its not informative.

Did the defender execute a dodge roll regularly enough to keep the window of dodging (possibly extended with shuffle etc) going?
    Were these attacks clumped in groups where one dodge would evade multiple?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dirty_Digs wrote: »

From what i have read using the build above if the player dodges every 2-3 seconds with the shuffle proc in there they basically cant be hit.

Which makes sense given the amount of qq about Radiant Destruction. One of the only skills to bypass dodge. Those dodgers must really really hate RD.

Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 3, 2016 3:10PM
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Goblins in cracked wood cave have the same affect as they will dodge the next 3 single target attacks after they roll.

I also experience this in PVP every night. As long as the NB is dodging you will never hit him and I am forced to do nothing other than AOE root them until they run out of stamina if I can stay alive that long.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what happens is this:

when you Roll Dodge, during and a short period after competing the roll you have what I will call an i-frame. During this i-frame time you are invulnerable to everything except AOE attacks. You can still CC these people with Fossilize, Rune Cage, etc, but single target skills will not damage them.

Shuffle appears to work the same way, When Shuffle Procs, it creates the same i-frame Window a Normal Dodge roll does and during that window of immunity you will continually dodge everything that can be dodged by a normal dodge roll.

If you are wearing the Crusader Set, which was updated to CP 160 rank this update, it extends the i-frame window of a normal dodge roll by an extra 0.3 seconds. A user wearing the Crusader Set in theory would literally only have 3 abilities in the entire game that could damage him those being Radiant Destruction, Lighting Staff Heavy, Resto Staff Heavy...most of the CC abilities like Rune Cage that will get a dodge roller do not deal damage.

These heavy Dodge roll centered builds then have Shuffle that when you don't have the stamina for another Dodge the chances are good you will get a Shuffle proc because it lasts 20 some secs and is pretty cheap from a resource perspective.

The fact that poisons increase the cost of Damage Shields(Magic Users main defense) by 60% but Dodge roll is not effected by this change is horribly unbalanced considering the Damage Shield requires a skill bar slot and you cna still be CC while under a shield.

1. Code the i-frame window so it ends after 1 attack has been dodged(no dodging multiple attacks with one dodge roll)
    2. Put a 5 sec cooldown on Major Evasion, every other RNG set or proc has some sort of cooldown, Major Evasion should be no different.

Shuffle is not OP on its own, but combined with high regen builds built to dodge combined with Shuffle it keeps an i-frame window open far too long, its unbalanced...this wasn't an issue in the soft caps days because you couldn't roll like you can now...when you take CP Roll reductions, Medium Armor Roll reductions, Stamina Cost reduction Enchants, reducing dodge cost, and now adding Well Fitted and upping the level on Crusader, its just stupid unbalanced.

Of course Damage Shields were unbalanced an broken OP for aobut 2 years so we got about another year i'd say before ZOS realizes this is unbalanced and actually fixes it...

Thanks @RinaldoGandolphi :)
    Insightfull explanation of the dodge combat mechanics !

That i-frame window after a procced Evasion dodge, could that be 0.5 second precise ?

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

what happens is this:

That i-frame window after a procced Evasion dodge, could that be 0.5 second precise ?

I don't think the i-frame window is a half second its usually around 0.2 or 0.3.(You can however dodge quite a few attacks during this time especailly if you have more then one person attacking you) The Crusader Set AFAIK does not increase the i-frame window on Major Evasion dodges just normal dodge rolls, you should get close to the 0.5 sec Window if wearing the Crusader Set.

During the i-frame window Channeled Attacks(Radiant Destruction, Light and Resto Staff Heavy Attacks), and any Channel Based attack as well as AOE attacks can still hit the dodge roller, but melee and projectile single target abilities like Crystal Frags, Crushing Shock, Flame Lash, and Veiled Strike will miss.
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hrothbern wrote: »

what happens is this:

I don't think the i-frame window is a half second its usually around 0.2 or 0.3.(You can however dodge quite a few attacks during this time especailly if you have more then one person attacking you) The Crusader Set AFAIK does not increase the i-frame window on Major Evasion dodges just normal dodge rolls, you should get close to the 0.5 sec Window if wearing the Crusader Set.

During the i-frame window Channeled Attacks(Radiant Destruction, Light and Resto Staff Heavy Attacks), and any Channel Based attack as well as AOE attacks can still hit the dodge roller, but melee and projectile single target abilities like Crystal Frags, Crushing Shock, Flame Lash, and Veiled Strike will miss.

"I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No problem, glad my useless testing was of some use ha! :)
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went against a Nightblade who could dodge every single one of my Dark Flares (Not only by dodge-rolling, but shuffle etc,) and that fight lasted for about 7 mins before he suddenly burst me down. This was on console, so no cheating program used. I just assumed that shuffle was that strong and that he had enough resources to continuously dodge every flare, but I don't know after seeing this topic... it makes me suspect something fishy.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how the mechanics work but it's dam stupid! This needs to be fix asap!
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infinite dodge roll is annoying, but what is worse is seeing an enemy with 20k health pop vigor and be at 100% stat...then dodge all your attacks.

I originally thought, "Oh geez, great pot timing!"...until it happened about every tick of the heal.

WTB 10k battle spirit vigor
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Infinite dodge roll is annoying, but what is worse is seeing an enemy with 20k health pop vigor and be at 100% stat...then dodge all your attacks.

I originally thought, "Oh geez, great pot timing!"...until it happened about every tick of the heal.

Exactly. That's why that one particular fight vs a Stamina NB lasted 7 mins and I'm a magicka Templar who can just heal through it -- fair enough, stamina can now heal, but they're now even stronger than a Templar in the healing department? wow, though of course it's more to do with the infinite dodge, but I guess all the stamina cries were heard, or maybe over-heard.

The worse thing is, as a Magicka Templar I must use Stamina & Magicka recovery drinks (But not so much for the Magicka, as my magicka recovery is alright) because without 1k Stamina Recovery, breaking free/dodge-rolling/the slight amount of blocking = the danger zone, big time.

I wish Templar's blazing shield made a return. :(
    Edited by Molag_Crow on June 3, 2016 4:30PM
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »

Exactly. That's why that one particular fight vs a Stamina NB lasted 7 mins and I'm a magicka Templar who can just heal through it -- fair enough, stamina can now heal, but they're now even stronger than a Templar in the healing department? wow, though of course it's more to do with the infinite dodge, but I guess all the stamina cries were heard, or maybe over-heard.

The worse thing is, as a Magicka Templar I must use Stamina & Magicka recovery drinks (But not so much for the Magicka, as my magicka recovery is alright) because without 1k Stamina Recovery, breaking free/dodge-rolling/the slight amount of blocking = the danger zone, big time.

Just wait until he figures out he can use the 60% cost increase poison on you.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on June 3, 2016 5:35PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Dang thats like 3 dragonbloods. Mostly because dragons bleed gravy in this game.
    Edited by Armitas on June 3, 2016 5:49PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, some people may have mad skillz, and some builds most certainly allow for a dodge roll build to be viable.

However!

The sheer amount of Shuffle complaint threads are a clear indication something is wrong. It may be an exploit, or it is simply a disbalance.

I believe there might be a bug in the game that some people know how to replicate and abuse.
    http://xboxclips.com/Burning+Talons/c2634602-7f3a-4644-a149-d46920744a05
    While this is video evidence, I have had multiple people from my guild say that something like this happened to them - a permadodging NPC.
    I have not heard of such a thing until recently.

ZOS should really take a look at their code, the sheer amount of bugs that pop out during every DLC surely does not compliment the way their game is coded.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • gamerguy757
    gamerguy757
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not the fact that this is really a Shuffle thread, it was just concerning to me that there may be an exploit to people stacking Major Evasion since that isn't possible. IDK if it was just a rumor or not.
    All i know is the only way to stack dodging is Major Evasion and Glorius Defender.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    I agree, some people may have mad skillz, and some builds most certainly allow for a dodge roll build to be viable.

However!

The sheer amount of Shuffle complaint threads are a clear indication something is wrong. It may be an exploit, or it is simply a disbalance.

I believe there might be a bug in the game that some people know how to replicate and abuse.
    http://xboxclips.com/Burning+Talons/c2634602-7f3a-4644-a149-d46920744a05
    While this is video evidence, I have had multiple people from my guild say that something like this happened to them - a permadodging NPC.
    I have not heard of such a thing until recently.

ZOS should really take a look at their code, the sheer amount of bugs that pop out during every DLC surely does not compliment the way their game is coded.

@Dubhliam ,

To get harder data, to get "statistical significant" data, a bigger sample than 7 shots is needed.
    Could you be so kind to tell where this NPC exactly was, then I can repeat it and increase the sample size.

BTW
    The chance that you would miss 5 times out of 7 shots, as happens in the vid, is 0.43%.

EDIT:
    the table for 7 shots is:
    Nr hits, misses in any order % Chance
    7 misses 0.00%
    1 hit, 6 misses 0.04%
    2 hits, 5 misses 0.43%
    3 hits, 4 misses 2.87%
    4 hits, 3 misses 11.47%
    5 hit, 2 misses 27.53%
    6 hits, 1 miss 36.70%
    7 hits 20.97%

Edited by hrothbern on June 3, 2016 6:59PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some concrete evidence regarding these claims on Major Evasion. In the last two years, the way Evasion works has not changed. They have changed the way certain sets award it (such as Hist Bark) and adjusted the Major/Minor system to prevent stacking skills like Blur with Hist Bark, but on the whole, dodge mechanics have been the same for as long as I can remember.

The dodge invulnerability from dodge rolling is certainly true, in that there is a very brief period of time where all direct attacks will miss following a dodge roll. However, I have to disagree with this concept applying to Major Evasion as well. I've personally seen a number of attacks hit at the exact same time other attacks are dodged. For example, take the Overfiend from vIP. There are many, many adds in this fight, and many of them spawn at the same time. Those that are close enough to their target when they spawn attack immediately, and in a lot of cases, you see multiple mobs attacking at precisely the same time.

Some of these attacks will be dodged, while others will not. Dodging one due to Major Evasion has not, in my experience, shown to consistently dodge other attacks within the same time frame. It can proc multiple times, back-to-back, but I have not seen any evidence that a dodge proc will provide immunity to everything in a short period, like with dodge rolling. I've seen hits against my shield land at the exact same instance that a hit was dodged.

It seems like a minor point to debate, but experienced tanks have been utilizing this "immunity" period in both pvp and pve for quite some time. There are specific encounters in virtually every dungeon, delve, or trial in which dodge rolling is the superior option (for many reasons, but at least in part due to the immunity window). One example is vWGT, where many groups skip trash or let the tank aggro while everyone else goes dark, preventing all but the tank from dying to it, and effectively allowing the group to skip. The tank in this case would utilize dodge rolls to take advantage of that immunity period while gathering up all of the trash (especially non-DK tanks, with no access to chains).
    Edited by Autolycus on June 3, 2016 7:58PM
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use vamp feed. Goes through dodge
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not gambling or paying 45 : lol :
    20% base speed for high ping players.
    Streak moves you faster then speed cap.
    Khajiit has the best damage passive in the game, lol 12%. Insane.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hrothbern
    That is not my video, I copied it from another thread, so I can't say where that NPC is found.

But I have never noticed an NPC dodge attacks before (unless he was actually dodge rolling).

I think that this NPC behaviour is not intended.
    The probability of dodging three attacks in a row is irrelevant if the NPC wasn't supposed to dodge in the first place.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    @hrothbern
    That is not my video, I copied it from another thread, so I can't say where that NPC is found.

But I have never noticed an NPC dodge attacks before (unless he was actually dodge rolling).

I think that this NPC behaviour is not intended.
    The probability of dodging three attacks in a row is irrelevant if the NPC wasn't supposed to dodge in the first place.

Thanks for the thread

I experienced dodging NPC's long before the TG or DB DLC.
    Was quite annoying.
    But could not remember anymore where....
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bardx86 wrote: »
    Not sure how the mechanics work but it's dam stupid! This needs to be fix asap!

This sums up everything on these forums so well. :D:D:D:D:D:D

@RinaldoGandolphi provided an excellent explanation of the mechanics like 3 posts above.

"Shuffle Stacking" is not a thing. You can animation cancel your shuffle with dodge roll however, thus boosting your chances of dodging attacks. @ RinaldoGandolphi can better explain such things though.
    It can be annoying to have people frequently dodge your attacks, but you can learn to adapt. It actually adds an interesting element imo in that someone can play evasive and I must time my actions accordingly. I would dislike it if everyone was forced to just stand toe to toe and eat damage.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So much talk on infinite dodging...yet not a single video exists to back these claims...
  • Talyena
    Talyena
    ✭✭✭✭
    There were lots of people who dodged almost everything you threw at them yet they never roll dodged (they did jump a lot though). But since the crackdown on hackers, those players suddenly seem few and far between. I don't think it was a stacking issue or a bug or some game mechanic, I think a lot more players than anyone wants to believe were cheating in PvP.
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    They should have shuffle only last like 8 seconds
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »

Just wait until he figures out he can use the 60% cost increase poison on you.

Yeah, where that's really gonna hurt is on your non-primary stat. A mag templar who has 60% increase applied to his stam will have a big problem when he needs to dodge or break free.
    Edited by ContraTempo on June 4, 2016 3:03AM
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master