Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Post "Hack Weekend." A Simple Address Going Forward.

• Brynmere
    Brynmere
    ✭✭
    Well said, Rhage. Good message about moving forward as a PvP community.
    Edited by Brynmere on May 31, 2016 11:35PM
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Satiar wrote: »
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    Since when has ZOS banned people without proof? Ive reported people many times and the only one that actually got someone banned was when I sent a screenshot of the toxic messages he was saying. They even said they are checking logs to see if these programs are being used.

Which is why most of the active Emperors in the past 48 hours have been handed a ban?

@Ghostbane

I was emp on 28.05.2016 Azura EU PC and got perma-banned on Monday. :(

@Tower_Of_Shame

Sorry to hear that bud, make sure you appeal that. If they are checking all the rights things as they say, you should be reinstated in no time.

It is exceptionally annoying though, as I can imagine that there is some first time emps that have had this happen.
    Since when has ZOS banned people without proof? Ive reported people many times and the only one that actually got someone banned was when I sent a screenshot of the toxic messages he was saying. They even said they are checking logs to see if these programs are being used.

Which is why most of the active Emperors in the past 48 hours have been handed a ban?

This shows that they are using facts based on logs. Yea, they screwed up on the Emperors..but thats not my point.

I hope it's the case bud, it seems to me if someone gets reported a certain amount of times, they are straight up temp banned (under investigation), which is pretty crummy. A few players have already spoke out on this happening to them.

I was emp before just wanted for the fun on the weekend, maybe I should have skipped on this plan...
    Do you know of any other Emps that got banned? Or was it just you?

I dont know about other emps.

Lol suspicious

This is going to overshadow your shuffle exploit cry hahaha

Shuffle exploit makes a lot more sense now, actually, considering how easy it is to simply up your dodge rate. Given recent developments I'd say it's far more likely people were noting something legitimately fishy than not.
    So heres my thinking..
    The "shuffle crew" didnt want to be caught using this cheat which is why they dont spam ultimate like idiots(Zazeer) so why not use the cheat engine on SHUFFLE where they can blame it on the RNG and leave us with no counter argument and this they havent been caught.
    It literally makes sense now. #exposed

@Lyar09 We have fought several times on the field and can say that your shuffle seemed normal.. You are not unkillable :) which is why(no offense) you arent as well known as the 3-4 shuffle exploiters.

We have to consider what ChumpEngine does, it allows you to edit variable properties that are stored in RAM. Why would dodge chance be in RAM? It is now an absolute value through the buff system as minor or major. I can't see from a programing perspective of something that is either one or the other be stored as a magic number client side. Then again, this game..

Is there any sets that alter dodge chance outside of the set buffs, or something that increases/decreases the potency of buffs?

@Ghostbane
    Dodge is probably coded as a Boolean value, every time an attack is targeted at you the RNG runs from 0-4 with 0 being true and 1-4 being false, that function will then return a true or false value that determines if you dodged or not. That's the only reason I can think of it being in memory that way. Cheat Engine could twist that value to say 0 is false and 1-4 are true giving the illusion of really good shuffle RNG.

I find that unlikely myself.
    The whole point of using a variable is to make it future proof.
    Ie allow anything from 0-100%
    So dodge chance probably is held in memory as a value from 0-100
    It will be the in game code that sets it and changes it.
    How that +-*/ or overwrite works is anybodies guess.
    How code interprets and validates the current value held 0-100 variable is also anybodies guess.

If the coders 'assume' the data in the variable is accurate....

I find it hard to believe myself, I just don't see how else these things are possible...
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very eloquent Rhage. Thank you.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodge-roll is a clientside action, which is why you will see people pull off miraculous saves sometimes, dodging that projectile at the last sec, and paired with lag and responsiveness-drops can appear too good to be true.

I know I've had several fights where I wonder how I was able to pull things off, there was probably some healer wondering where their Honor the Dead was going. :trollface:
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia