Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Goodnight sweet Dawnbreaker of Smiting

Kilandros
Kilandros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
QQ
Invictus
Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your Dawnbreaker belongs to us now!

*evil laughter*
    Edited by DDuke on May 30, 2016 9:03PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Magicka NB and DK are very sad about this. I am miffed Dawnbreaker of Smiting did not remain Magicka based.

/shakefist ZOS
    Edited by zyk on May 30, 2016 9:05PM
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completly forgot about this :disappointed:
    Thank god for Blood and Wine!
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • Aerem
    Aerem
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    My Magicka NB and DK are very sad about this. I am miffed Dawnbreaker of Smiting did not remain Magicka based.

/shakefist ZOS

@zyk yeah I am kind of confused as to what I should use for my cheap ult. I don't really see a reason to DB over leap now.

#mDK Masterrace
    #NerfDragonblood
    #NerfmDK

Aerem Incendium l mDK
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

/shakefist ZOS
    Don't worry, you get your nerfed Lotus Fan and nerfed Soul Harvest because those were the OP skills for Magicka Nightblades.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/shakefist ZOS

My Magicka Templar has just lost his biggest melee burst skill. Crescent Sweep just doesn't cut it.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rerolling my mplar to splar! Dawnbreakek of Smiting, you will never, NEVAR leave me!
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Hyssia
    Hyssia
    ✭✭✭
    was overrated anyways
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, still don't understand why people are so upset.

You got traded 10-15% damage for AOE knockdown. DBOS is still useful for burst.

Yeah people will get salty from some insane stam DBs soon but the functionality of it has improved for most magicka builds.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. Dyride
      Dyride
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I know you are losing the 20-25% Elemental Expert CP boost but most people don't put as many points in Elemental Defender as Hardy, plus light armor gets higher base penetration.
      V Є H Є M Є И C Є
        Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
        Solongandthanksforallthef
        Revenge of the Hist
        Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
      1. Master_Kas
        Master_Kas
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        They really should've kept DBOS morph magicka :neutral: QQ
        EU | PC
      2. SKYRYKER
        SKYRYKER
        ✭✭
        RIP DBOS was nice to have u </3
        @Skyryker - EU Server
      3. Ghost-Shot
        Ghost-Shot
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Dyride wrote: »

Yeah people will get salty from some insane stam DBs soon but the functionality of it has improved for most magicka builds.

25% damage and there are enough vamps in cyrodiil that the knock down worked more often than it didn't. It's a loss across the board.
      4. kadar
        kadar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Ghost-Shot wrote: »

25% damage and there are enough vamps in cyrodiil that the knock down worked more often than it didn't. It's a loss across the board.

But now that Camo Hunter bit the dust, and mist form is magicka-shuffle, there will be even more vamps in Cyrodiil. +20% damage to Undead/daedra/WW with the new Fighters guild passive. So DB will hit more people 20% harder.
      5. Ghost-Shot
        Ghost-Shot
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

But now that Camo Hunter bit the dust, and mist form is magicka-shuffle, there will be even more vamps in Cyrodiil. +20% damage to Undead/daedra/WW with the new Fighters guild passive. So DB will hit more people 20% harder.

If you play stam sure, but magicka has now lost 25% damage from Ele Expert, and the bonus damage we used to get from fighters guild passives.
      6. WillhelmBlack
        WillhelmBlack
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        QQ
        PC EU
      7. kadar
        kadar
        ✭✭✭✭✭

If you play stam sure, but magicka has now lost 25% damage from Ele Expert, and the bonus damage we used to get from fighters guild passives.

True, no CP damage increase. I was just pointing out that Magicka builds will still benefit from the new passive, and with all the new vamps running around, that 20% isn't irrelevant.