Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood Loyalty Reward: Your New Personality"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Dark Brotherhood Loyalty Reward: Your New Personality. Learn about the Assassin Personality, a new way to make your character unique in Dark Brotherhood!

69574bd63f39796dc13bf740ce9d6188.jpg
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on May 27, 2016 2:17PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else notice that the PC release date has been put back to the 31st of June? I hope that's just a typo... but then I suppose one never knows when an assassin will appear!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the next crownstore showcase?!!
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that the PC release date has been put back to the 31st of June? I hope that's just a typo... but then I suppose one never knows when an assassin will appear!

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/dlc/darkbrotherhood
  • LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Dark Brotherhood Loyalty Reward: Your New Personality. Learn about the Assassin Personality, a new way to make your character unique in Dark Brotherhood!

69574bd63f39796dc13bf740ce9d6188.jpg

NuCxcfgj87U.jpg
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a typo I guess ^^.

These personalities are very cool. When can we get to hear more about the new ones that were showed in PTS but couldn't be tried ?
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still think this should be renamed "The Shadow" and all future personalities themed to the other constellations as per this largely unnoticed thread I made last week.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/266565/re-personalities#latest
    Please make them relate to the constellations. I don't mean make them obtainable through the Mundus stones, but rather just name them after the constellations of the Tamriel and have those personalities be thematically linked. In the Elder Scrolls world, the Constellations correlate to a birth sign, much like the zodiac in our own astrology, and these links relate to a persons personality; which makes this wholly appropriate. Admittedly, this would require renaming the one we're already getting, but that's such a minor change in order to create a really cool link between a game feature and the world itself.

For instance:

The Shadow (Assassin) -- The Shadow would take the place of the Assassin personality slated for release with Dark Brotherhood.

The Mage -- Is, well a Mage. He's confident and opinionated but he's got better things to do than associate with the common rabble.

The Lord -- The Lord is more refined than your average adventurer. He is well versed in etiquette and culture. He's proud and stately but not above kindness. He can be spotted tossing coins to beggars in order to make them go away.

The Lover -- The Lover is a seductress. She makes the boys uncomfortable because while she's alluring she knows what she wants and plays by her own rules.

The Ritual -- The Ritual is secretive a covetous. Like the Mage, he knows he his powerful, but he hides within himself. His knowledge is his own.

The Thief -- Is similar to the Shadow, but more laid back, less weapon oriented. Less menacing.

The Atronach -- The Atronach is, well the Atronach is surprisingly down to earth. He's just a regular Joe trying to get by.

The Tower -- The Tower is stalwart and stoic. He stands up straight, chest out, shoulder back. He is a bastion of strength and power.

The Lady -- Is the more effeminate version of the Lord. Courtly and courteous, she's nurturing but authoritative. Respectful and respected.

The Warrior -- The Warrior is a grizzled veteran. He's the mercenary. He's seen some sh!t and has a dozen war stories he could tell at the drop of a hat.

The Apprentice -- The Apprentice is like the Mage, but more humble, studious. He has questions rather than answers, which makes him friendly and outgoing.

The Steed -- The Steed is the athlete. Ready to go at a moments notice. Nothing makes them happier than getting up early and going for a run. Their idle animations would involve lots of stretching and moving about; like a jogger waiting on a crosswalk. They're insufferable.

In all, I think sticking to the constellation theme for personalities would not only provide a wide array of choices for players, but also help prevent the drift I'm starting to see from incredibly unique MMORPG, to just-another-fantasy-RPG. A small detail which would bring ESO back to it's Elder Scrolls roots.

-- Sheds-His-Tail
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Vendrath
    Vendrath
    ✭✭✭
    When are they bringing in the Skooma Dealer personality?
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    It's just a typo I guess ^^.

These personalities are very cool. When can we get to hear more about the new ones that were showed in PTS but couldn't be tried ?

Yeah, saw it confirmed on their Facebook post.
    Just a typo.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is the next crownstore showcase?!!

It's up now
    PC/EU DC
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is really something new, well done Zeni. Brings countless ideas in character creation/concepts.

BTW, this thing is old, I remember it was in DCUO...

" Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way better than a pet. I can see this kinda idea going places!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Still think this should be renamed "The Shadow" and all future personalities themed to the other constellations as per this largely unnoticed thread I made last week.

You have only 12 constellations so they would be limited when doing them. And you don't have stars like "crazy beggar" or "drunk nord" :P

Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    With the introduction of personalities which if this is anything to go by look great, will we see more personality for our character in the future?

During my travels I have sadly lost much of my personality, it all started sadly when my imperial brethren turned out to be the bad guys. Not a problem for me but it did seem I was agreeing more and more with folk telling me Imperials are the worst oh by the way can you help me kill some. Open your eyes I'm Imperial, your not doing a good job on getting me to help you... but bugger me I find myself agreeing with you and going to kill them, that or saying goodbye and heading off to fish or something cause I can't progress the quest.

Then it got worse, as a Vampire I'm often told how awful Vampires are and asked to help someone by killing them... wait a moment wasn't I told while I was bathing in blood to go spread the gift not to go round killing Vampire. But I say sure why not, I may be a vampire you may be a vampire hunter but lets team up and kill vampires. Even better when I get to find a friendly vampire I'm either completely clueless 'What did they say your a Vampire. The red eyes, white skin/fur and the love of blood I would never have guessed' or I get to tell them Vampires are evil and must die....right yeah I do have some self loathing there.

But then that ********* ******** Cadwell sends me to help my sworn enemies, which I promptly do. Now I'm really not overly sure how those quests play into the story cause by the end of them I would have actually become the worst enemy to my own faction imaginable. I wouldn't have had to do anything and I could have rid the land of the faction leaders and in most cases let civil war rip the faction apart. That aside I would also be the most celebrated hero ever being the best friend and strongest ally of each letter of the factions and many of their strongest supporters. But then it also appears to be a time travel event as well as people I know are in cold harbour aren't and I can't even point out the traitors I already met.

So at this point I'm a self loathing Imperial Vampire traitorous faction member. Which isn't great but understandable. However I am aside from the self loathing part absolutely devoid of personality. We see so many wonderful characters in the world, a lot of mature story telling. And yet my character is an altruistic wanderer (self-loathing imperial vampire) who seldom gets to say anything witty or flirtatious or even interesting often asking the same question multiple times. Seriously I know what moon sugar is but I keep asking in case it leads on to a different question. And that is all I seem to do is ask questions many of which I know the answer to, and say I'd love to help, and Goodbye.

Is there any hope that in the future we may be able to say something witty, or self-serving or gods forbid have some emotion other than altruism for a motive for why we do what we do. I'd settle for love or revenge or honour or greed or even professional pride cause i want to be the best damn assassin in the land. I can't believe we never got to pick up a bottle of Altmer wine, a couple of glasses and try to find out the story behind the drunken schoolmam and the purple dress from Queen Ayrenn.
  • ShirleyShine
    ShirleyShine
    ✭✭✭
    :| apart from being a Breton, in AD, and non-vampire Night Blade - I pretty much agree with what you say.

I enjoyed your post, B) Thank you Valerien.
    War....war never changes
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    I came to this post to have the personality explained (I don't touch PTS, fyi) and still nothing. Wtf is it? A special set of emotes? Something that's in a tab like Costumes and Mementos? Would have enjoyed more than a 'Learn about the Assassin Personality, a new way to make your character unique in Dark Brotherhood!' line and only a video showing me of some guy flipping a dagger around. Not much learning about it if you ask me.

Edit: Seriously, I'd love to know because my worst case scenario is it's like disguises and thus takes up space in your bags.
    Edited by Argruna on May 30, 2016 1:18AM
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    It changes how you stand and walk. Also adds new emotes as well. I think that covers it
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    AGrz5585 wrote: »
    It changes how you stand and walk. Also adds new emotes as well. I think that covers it

I know what it does, I want to know how it's implemented. So does it have it's own tab? Is it in the costumes tab? The Mementos tab? Is it something like disguises that is an item that takes up space in your inventory that needs to be equipped and taken off? I full on understand the 'intrigue' of keeping it mum but a simple 'Assassin Personality, first in line of the new Personality tab.' in the main post would clear up my confusion over how it's going to be implemented in game especially with how close they are to releasing the DLC. Showing me a video with little context of the loyalty reward doesn't add incentive to me about buying the dlc.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argruna wrote: »

I know what it does, I want to know how it's implemented. So does it have it's own tab? Is it in the costumes tab? The Mementos tab? Is it something like disguises that is an item that takes up space in your inventory that needs to be equipped and taken off? I full on understand the 'intrigue' of keeping it mum but a simple 'Assassin Personality, first in line of the new Personality tab.' in the main post would clear up my confusion over how it's going to be implemented in game especially with how close they are to releasing the DLC. Showing me a video with little context of the loyalty reward doesn't add incentive to me about buying the dlc.
    Try posting/searching in the PTS Server Forum. They have access to the personality, maybe someone there is able to answer your questions. Not sure, but there may already be a post on it .....

• Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    Try posting/searching in the PTS Server Forum. They have access to the personality, maybe someone there is able to answer your questions. Not sure, but there may already be a post on it .....

Kk thank you. I'll start digging through the posts there and see what's up.

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argruna wrote: »

@Argruna

The Costume Tab in the collections will become an Appearence Tab.
    It will have sub categories:

Costumes
    Skins
    Polymorphs
    Hats
    Personalities

Except for the Polymorphs, you will be able to use one of each of the other appearence collectibles at the same time. And the Personalities, specifically, can be used with any collectible including Polymorphs.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Argruna
    Argruna
    ✭✭✭
    @Abeille

Thank you for the explanation. I spent a bit in the pts forums and didn't find much besides a mod post asking questions of what people thought, did it glitch, etc.
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious, are there any confirmed emotes that have been changed? I have tested it a little, but the only one I see changed are /eat3 and /leanback. The teaser didn't show other emotes either. I was curious if that was it or if I missed any.
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    I wish the dagger I'm flipping would actually be same dagger I have equipped..
  • Eekshnerf
    Eekshnerf
    ✭✭✭
    From what I understand, you are supposed to carry the dagger around, yes? Every character I see (including my own when it was activated) has no dagger in his hand, but just holds his hand open like it's supposed to be there. When a character flips it or plays with it, i can see that, but then it disappears when it goes back to their side. Is it supposed to be like that? I thought I saw on one of the videos that characters will walk around holding it the whole time.
  • aria230
    aria230
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/266565/re-personalities#latest
    Please make them relate to the constellations. I don't mean make them obtainable through the Mundus stones, but rather just name them after the constellations of the Tamriel and have those personalities be thematically linked. In the Elder Scrolls world, the Constellations correlate to a birth sign, much like the zodiac in our own astrology, and these links relate to a persons personality; which makes this wholly appropriate. Admittedly, this would require renaming the one we're already getting, but that's such a minor change in order to create a really cool link between a game feature and the world itself.

For instance:

The Shadow (Assassin) -- The Shadow would take the place of the Assassin personality slated for release with Dark Brotherhood.

The Mage -- Is, well a Mage. He's confident and opinionated but he's got better things to do than associate with the common rabble.

The Lord -- The Lord is more refined than your average adventurer. He is well versed in etiquette and culture. He's proud and stately but not above kindness. He can be spotted tossing coins to beggars in order to make them go away.

The Lover -- The Lover is a seductress. She makes the boys uncomfortable because while she's alluring she knows what she wants and plays by her own rules.

The Ritual -- The Ritual is secretive a covetous. Like the Mage, he knows he his powerful, but he hides within himself. His knowledge is his own.

The Thief -- Is similar to the Shadow, but more laid back, less weapon oriented. Less menacing.

The Atronach -- The Atronach is, well the Atronach is surprisingly down to earth. He's just a regular Joe trying to get by.

The Tower -- The Tower is stalwart and stoic. He stands up straight, chest out, shoulder back. He is a bastion of strength and power.

The Lady -- Is the more effeminate version of the Lord. Courtly and courteous, she's nurturing but authoritative. Respectful and respected.

The Warrior -- The Warrior is a grizzled veteran. He's the mercenary. He's seen some sh!t and has a dozen war stories he could tell at the drop of a hat.

The Apprentice -- The Apprentice is like the Mage, but more humble, studious. He has questions rather than answers, which makes him friendly and outgoing.

The Steed -- The Steed is the athlete. Ready to go at a moments notice. Nothing makes them happier than getting up early and going for a run. Their idle animations would involve lots of stretching and moving about; like a jogger waiting on a crosswalk. They're insufferable.

In all, I think sticking to the constellation theme for personalities would not only provide a wide array of choices for players, but also help prevent the drift I'm starting to see from incredibly unique MMORPG, to just-another-fantasy-RPG. A small detail which would bring ESO back to it's Elder Scrolls roots.

-- Sheds-His-Tail

I totally agree and I hope this will reach developer ears, but you forgot something. The Snake, I suppose this last constellation should have a malefic air about it. Something suited for an evil type of character, weather a psycopath killer or ingenious mastermind perhaps?