The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Re: Personalities

ShedsHisTail
ShedsHisTail
✭✭✭✭✭
Alright, let me preface this with saying I -love- the idea of personalities. It's such a simple, cool feature and I can't wait to see more of them. In that vein I have one request which I'd really like to see with the implementation of personalities.

Please make them relate to the constellations. I don't mean make them obtainable through the Mundus stones, but rather just name them after the constellations of the Tamriel and have those personalities be thematically linked. In the Elder Scrolls world, the Constellations correlate to a birth sign, much like the zodiac in our own astrology, and these links relate to a persons personality; which makes this wholly appropriate. Admittedly, this would require renaming the one we'e already getting, but that's such a minor change in order to create a really cool link between a game feature and the world itself.

For instance:

The Shadow (Assassin) -- The Shadow would take the place of the Assassin personality slated for release with Dark Brotherhood.

The Mage -- Is, well a Mage. He's confident and opinionated but he's got better things to do than associate with the common rabble.

The Lord -- The Lord is more refined than your average adventurer. He is well versed in etiquette and culture. He's proud and stately but not above kindness. He can be spotted tossing coins to beggars in order to make them go away.

The Lover -- The Lover is a seductress. She makes the boys uncomfortable because while she's alluring she knows what she wants and plays by her own rules.

The Ritual -- The Ritual is secretive a covetous. Like the Mage, he knows he his powerful, but he hides within himself. His knowledge is his own.

The Thief -- Is similar to the Shadow, but more laid back, less weapon oriented. Less menacing.

The Atronach -- The Atronach is, well the Atronach is surprisingly down to earth. He's just a regular Joe trying to get by.

The Tower -- The Tower is stalwart and stoic. He stands up straight, chest out, shoulder back. He is a bastion of strength and power.

The Lady -- Is the more effeminate version of the Lord. Courtly and courteous, she's nurturing but authoritative. Respectful and respected.

The Warrior -- The Warrior is a grizzled veteran. He's the mercenary. He's seen some sh!t and has a dozen war stories he could tell at the drop of a hat.

The Apprentice -- The Apprentice is like the Mage, but more humble, studious. He has questions rather than answers, which makes him friendly and outgoing.

The Steed -- The Steed is the athlete. Ready to go at a moments notice. Nothing makes them happier than getting up early and going for a run. Their idle animations would involve lots of stretching and moving about; like a jogger waiting on a crosswalk. They're insufferable.

In all, I think sticking to the constellation theme for personalities would not only provide a wide array of choices for players, but also help prevent the drift I'm starting to see from incredibly unique MMORPG, to just-another-fantasy-RPG. A small detail which would bring ESO back to it's Elder Scrolls roots.

-- Sheds-His-Tail

Edited by ShedsHisTail on May 19, 2016 5:27PM
"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Runaan
    Runaan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea, should it come true it would be great. +1
    Runaan Fortis
    Altmer Sorcerer

Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines.

- A Dominion of peace. The fair and just rule of Tamriel
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. This would be perfect for people to personalize their characters
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a great idea. The one thing I don't like with the way ZOS does it are the props. I mean look at the assassin personality - it would be perfect if it wasn't for the ugly-ass knife your character keeps pulling out of thin air and fiddling around with. The thing is so out of place its immersion breaking. Should at least be a dagger of the motif you're using for your equipped weapons.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I back this.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually,personalities are just new emotes and movements.Nothing more than that.They did have the chance to do more,but if you get the first one in the DB DLC,that's all it is. You get to twirl a dagger one one hand,and walk rather arrogantly.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Actually,personalities are just new emotes and movements.Nothing more than that.They did have the chance to do more,but if you get the first one in the DB DLC,that's all it is. You get to twirl a dagger one one hand,and walk rather arrogantly.

I'm aware of that.

These would also be new emotes and postures and so on, they would just play thematically on the constellations.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

I'm aware of that.

These would also be new emotes and postures and so on, they would just play thematically on the constellations.

Got it.They seem like they would be a nice addition. :)
  • dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice, though add the Daemon constellation.
    For the slightly less kind among us.
    Earthdawn Game Master Role Play Quotes by me:
    "If it looks like a bear, if it feels like a bear, smells and tastes like a bear, then be VERY aware, it could be something ENTIRELY different..."
    "Be careful what you wish for, you might get plenty of it..."
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, though add the Daemon constellation.
    For the slightly less kind among us.

I've never heard of the Daemon constellation. I can't even find it in any lore material.
    Did you just make that up?

There is the 13th Constellation, the Serpent, which I didn't include because it does not have it's own season, but I suppose that could be included for the "slightly less kind among us."
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an awesome way to tie it all in. Wonderful idea @ShedsHisTail ... I hope @ZOS_RichLambert sees this!

and by all means, the serpent SHOULD be included. :naughty:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!