The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why can't we get a race and class change option?

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Junkogen wrote: »
    They want you to reroll so that you're more likely to by convenience items in the Crown Store. For real.

The fact that rereolling is an options means I would never spend cash on convenience items for characters that could eventually be deleted.

I actually think no class change is reasonable. Race level by character level. You don't have to keep track of level of each passive for each race is someone regularly switches race. For class level, they would have to track your level for each skill in each class. It would complicate how to deal with the skill points invested. Most of all, people can just go ahead and create 2 of each class with their 8 slots. There are more races than slots and it makes sense to want to test out different races with a class build. Changing races is essentially just swapping out 3 buffs.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think race and class change is ridiculous. Its an MMORPG, its meant to take time and patience to develop a character, or grind a new one. It would ruin the game if people could just change to the "flavor of the month". I agree that there should be a character editor to change hair, tattoos and simple things like that but not a complete overhaul. It really doesnt take that long to level a character if you want to try something different especially if you use XP potions or scrolls. It only takes around 12-14 hours of grinding in the right spots to hit VetRank on a new toon.

So allowing people to change race could ruin the game but expecting people to grind mobs for 12-14 hours wouldn't? I don't get that logic.
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is race change coming in the next patch?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best info I have so far...
    NO.
    It is coming, but NOT with DB. Sometimes later in the year. Hopefully with Q3 DLC...
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its in the to hard basket.
  • Herdist
    Herdist
    Also there should be barbers in game so we can change our hair and beard style at least!
    My ID: Herdistt
    Player Name: Herdist
    Region: EU
  • phobossion
    phobossion
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why this game even has classes on the char creation screen. Why didn't they just create 4 mutually exclusive skill trees that you can switch between (maybe by doing a difficult quest or paying a shi*ton of gold). To me this seems like just another relic from the past when they were crafting eso to be yet another WoW clone...
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    According to the last ESO Live, race change is coming with the character customisation options, and class change is not happening.
    Which is exactly how it should be! The race change cannot come soon enough though...
    I was thinking the complete opposite actually. It makes no logical sense. It's easy for me to change my job, but impossible for me to suddenly become Canadian.

canadian a race?
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to the last ESO Live, race change is coming with the character customisation options, and class change is not happening.
    Which is exactly how it should be! The race change cannot come soon enough though...
    I was thinking the complete opposite actually. It makes no logical sense. It's easy for me to change my job, but impossible for me to suddenly become Canadian.
    canadian a race?
    Only as much as being a banker, civil servant, or doctor is a "class". You class or job is what you "do", your profession. Your race is what you "are", your identity. I went for nationality as an analogue since we don't have different "races" in the same way they do in high fantasy worlds; everyone is of the "human race", and anything beyond that is just social construct. I could have picked any number of other analogues (cultural, ethnic, taxonomic, etc) to represent a group identity.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • craigr02
    craigr02
    ✭✭✭
    Decado wrote: »
    Race change is something they need to bring it and do it quickly, once they do you just watch the argonian and Orc populations plummet

Don't see them ever doing class chance and I'm fine with that, would have to many people changing class every month to the new OP build

Orcs are good for tanking. I even made an argonian. Think of making him a stam mage. Haven't worked on him yet, but will get him vet 1 eventually.
  • BluSpixMacaw
    I have an Argonian Sorcerer He's one of my Best Characters. I even gave him a traditional Argonian name Watcher-Of-Storms.
  • natewook
    natewook
    ✭✭✭

nope.jpg

But having the barber shop along with the dark brotherhood really would have made scene though, I mean these are assassins were talking about if theirs anyone on tamriel who'd what a barber shop it'd be them.
    Edited by natewook on May 18, 2016 11:44AM
    sometimes I'll take subjects to far and ask for an arm, leg and maybe an eye, please be patent with me.
    remember this thread people: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/193736/should-eso-turn-up-the-heat-aka-gore-revisited/p1
    necromancer? why I've neve- I would never do such a thing! XD
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking you'd have to learn all skills in your new class from scratch, not suddenly having aptitude in skills you'd never used. So you'd get all your class skill points refunded from your old class, but you wouldn't have anywhere to spend them yet because you hadn't learnt any skills in your new class.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to level those new skills from scratch fighting V16 (CP 160) enemies with extremely low level skills because that's pretty much the only places you'll be able to gain decent XP- unless you go to DLC areas, but again you're 'leveled' so you'd still be fighting monsters at your level with skills far below what you need to deal with them. Sure lower skills level fast, but it doesn't sound like a fun time to me, trying to survive while leveling to get the higher level skills to equal the enemies your fighting. Somehow I don't see ZOS thinking this would be acceptable either, far too many people would complain about the entire process that a class change would involve in regards to re-leveling skills.
    Edited by ADarklore on May 22, 2016 11:32PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I was thinking you'd have to learn all skills in your new class from scratch, not suddenly having aptitude in skills you'd never used. So you'd get all your class skill points refunded from your old class, but you wouldn't have anywhere to spend them yet because you hadn't learnt any skills in your new class.
    I'm wondering how easy it would be to level those new skills from scratch fighting V16 (CP 160) enemies with extremely low level skills because that's pretty much the only places you'll be able to gain decent XP- unless you go to DLC areas, but again you're 'leveled' so you'd still be fighting monsters at your level with skills far below what you need to deal with them. Sure lower skills level fast, but it doesn't sound like a fun time to me, trying to survive while leveling to get the higher level skills to equal the enemies your fighting. Somehow I don't see ZOS thinking this would be acceptable either, far too many people would complain about the entire process that a class change would involve in regards to re-leveling skills.
    You should be able to learn new skills at any level; skill power is based mostly on your Health/Magicka/Stamina and your Weapon/Spell Damage, not your level or the skill's level. Skill line level 1-50 doesn't affect anything beyond what skills are actually available, and a skill's rank I-IV only increases skill power by about 3%. Levelling up the skill line itself from 1-50 to unlock new skills shouldn't be any more difficult than before, since when you were unlocking those skills, the enemies were lower level, and so were you.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo
    ✭✭✭
    Race change should happen and should have been implemented by now,
    class change I dont agree with, if you want to play as a nightblade then build one dont change your vet 16 to one
    name changes should have been in game from the start its kinda a very simple option just have it up above title on character sheet because sometimes when making a character you think of a awesone name and it says taken, you go through others all taken then it times out due to inactivity so you build again and just put random letters (I know a few thats done this to just get the build the way they want without having to keep redoing it) so if they bring it in it would be awesome, make it 1 free name change (per character) then name change scrolls in crown store problem solved