Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: Dark Brotherhood Special #2"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: Dark Brotherhood Special #2. We have a great show in store for you tomorrow including:
  • An overview of poison-making and Enchanting updates with Systems Designer Chris Balser and Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel
  • News recap and ESO community shout-outs
  • A discussion on combat abilities with Lead Combat Designer Eric Wrobel
In addition, QA Lead Analyst Kyle Harris will be on the PTS in the Gold Coast and perhaps even joining you on the battlefield in Cyrodiil, so make sure you're patched up so you can play along!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Will there be a QA? Are you taking questions from this thread?
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• GRYM.LOCKE
    GRYM.LOCKE
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hoping to find out also been wondering about the following

1: any chance you will be looking at the Berserker Morph / Ult Timer while your doing the Black fur ?
    2: any chance of adding some muscle mass to the core lycanthrope or berserker form?
    3: any change of skills or a revamp of the two werewolf armour sets Hide/Salvation ?
    4: any chance of new weapons Spears/Lances?

5: any chance of revamping Storm night Set From Spell to Melee ? or a revamp o Thunderous and Storm for V16 ?
    Edited by GRYM.LOCKE on May 19, 2016 8:02PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Will there be a QA? Are you taking questions from this thread?

We'll be primarily taking questions from Twitch chat at the end of each segment (we want to let the guys chat first, then take any questions if something is still unclear).
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on May 19, 2016 7:00PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questions:

1) What is ZOS view on the ugly blocking icon? Make it Optional?
    2) What is ZOS view on displaying the @name everywhere?
    3) What is ZOS view on showing the CP everywhere?
  • Magnys
    Magnys
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I know you state that you guys will be taking questions (only via Twitch) at the end of segment but can you state a simple "YES" or "NO" that issues/concerns that PTS players are bringing to your (ZOS) attention but being overlooked? (ZOS's hate of Sorcerers and magicka-based builds now) Also, will the answers to questions from the peanut gallery be scripted like last DB Special on Twitch?
    To be the man you have to beat the man.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any plans to make melee weapons light/heavy attacks damage be based on your highest stat and maybe even restore both stats? I am concerned as a magicka melee weapon user in particular the 60% cost increase poison coming in DB leaving me only able to Light/Heavy attack for no damage.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And me having to work late tomorrow. :cry:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any idea if you'll be fixing what you broke with Magicka Sorcs? Surge heal? Shield duration?

Try running VMA with one on PTS. Just try it. It's a horrifying experience, and the problem isnt the dungeon. Please investigate this.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What alliance will Mr QA Lead be playing in?

Just so those who have to create templates have the chance to create one in the right alliance if they want to pop along and say the hellos.

Mercifully this one has her magically doubles on the PTS at the moment but it would be nice to know anyway.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1) when will you stop giving us the run around about cyrodil performance and actually fix the lag?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    #1) when will you stop giving us the run around about cyrodil performance and actually fix the lag?

Answer:
    They don't know how to fix it without drastically changing the whole PvP experience.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    What alliance will Mr QA Lead be playing in?

Just so those who have to create templates have the chance to create one in the right alliance if they want to pop along and say the hellos.

Mercifully this one has her magically doubles on the PTS at the moment but it would be nice to know anyway.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Kyle will be part of the Ebonheart Pact today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I would like to follow up on one of the Q&A questions.

You asked @Wrobel about impenetrable dropping in PvE, which unfortunately was a bit vague.

When we say "in PvE", what does that mean?
    • From the Undaunted gold/silver/bronze chests? The last time I checked on the PTS, impenetrable did not drop from there, which is a regression of the current behavior on Live, where impenetrable does drop from the Undaunted reward chests. As there are many PvP players who do pledges to get the shoulders, this is a change that needs to be reversed.
    • For endgame dungeon sets such as the ones found in ICP/WGT (SPC, Scathing, Leeching, etc.)? Impenetrable currently does not drop from these places either on Live or on PTS. But given the expansion of other traits to the drop tables in ICP/WGT, it seems rather silly to drop Prosperous and Training SPC pieces but not Impenetrable ones. Adding Impenetrable to the loot table here (and replacing traits like Prosperous and Training that simply do not belong on serious endgame gear) would be a welcome change.
    • For other pieces of PvE gear? I have no opinion either way.

In particular, the removal of impenetrable from the Undaunted chests is rather worrisome, as it is a change from Live, and one that I suspect would upset most PvPers.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • XaXa
    XaXa
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Any chance that there is a change in the works to give Bound Armor an active effect? Its still a toggle and that makes me sad. =(
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

One item that didn't make the Enchantment section was Potency Rune Zone Scaling.

Any further info on changes/adjustments prior to DB Live?

If it stays as is we will have to maintain non-VR(CP) characters with lowered Enchantment skills to ever harvest lower level runes.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A really great show last night.

While Wrobel didn't have every answer in the way people wanted to hear it, I was very happy listening to their thought process behind the changes and how they have spent the last month focused on feedback rather than working on their own.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one was represented last night by her EP orc friend Rosie - one of the two camel riders at the end of the ESO Live show. Much fun was had by all and this one looks forward to one day being able to chase some of you about on the PTS live on twitch herself (Khajiit is DC by the ways).

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • GRYM.LOCKE
    GRYM.LOCKE
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

seems like most questions that were asked were not answered...

Story of my life when if comes to ESOTU :(

• bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets talk about the laughing when magicka sorcerers were mentioned, and the complete evasion of the question
  • Vendrath
    Vendrath
    ✭✭✭
    Was not happy about the total evasion of talking about magicka sorcs.