Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood Deep-Dive: Grouping Tool Improvements"

• Tsai-NZ
    Tsai-NZ
    Soul Shriven
    [sorry, it posted twice for some reason]
    Edited by Tsai-NZ on May 18, 2016 9:20PM
  • Tsai-NZ
    Tsai-NZ
    Soul Shriven
    Stat wise, my level 20's character was buffed higher than any V16 I have. Not having some skills can make it harder (for example templar not having radiant destruction for burning bosses).

It also matters if the players know what they are doing. I'll take 3 level 10s who have V16's alts and completed every dungeon, over 3 V16's that never completed a single dungeon any day.

Yea I figured by now a lot of level 10+ are VR16 alts, but I wasn't sure if me joining would ruin their experience by making things more difficult than it should be, ie longer to kill stuff, so I left quietly and maybe a player with similar level could join them.

I've been kicked multiple times in Vet Group Finder when I was VR9-10, not so much now as VR11. So I felt maybe it doesn't scale that much, or Vet players are just really picky, which is understandable. Anyways thanks to everyone that informed me.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not like the 15 minute wait penalty for leaving a group without some sort of allowance for team builds. If I queue one of my vet level tanks for a normal random and get WGT only to find that there are 3 sub level 20 players in the group and nobody in group chat, I immediately go in expecting that we are going to have a hard time.

Would it not be better to have it set to a timer once you are in the group - maybe if you have been in the group for 15 minutes you have waived the 15 minute re-queue penalty?

Surely if you leave the group after spending an an hour or more and countless wipes trying to get past The Adjudicator - which I have done a few times - you should not be penalized for leaving the group. Haven't I already served my penalty and then some?
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • YeOldeGamer
    YeOldeGamer
    ✭✭✭
    I frequently leave groups I get put in when there are low level players. If you aren't even proper level to do a pledge (45 I think.) Im not interested. I will also leave straight away if I see we have a dps who qued as tank/healer. Experience has shown me that it is most often not worth my time. I will gladly spend that 15 minutes doing somthing productive/fun instead. This changes nothing.
  • phobossion
    phobossion
    ✭✭✭
    I frequently leave groups I get put in when there are low level players. If you aren't even proper level to do a pledge (45 I think.) Im not interested.

Why the heck would you do that? Ever considered that lower level players may just want to do the dung for fun, XP or gear?

• Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobossion wrote: »
    I frequently leave groups I get put in when there are low level players. If you aren't even proper level to do a pledge (45 I think.) Im not interested.

Why the heck would you do that? Ever considered that lower level players may just want to do the dung for fun, XP or gear?

Agreed.

Also normal pledges are just killing every boss. Even someone who can't do the pledge will want to do that for completion anyway.
  • ReekyLeaf132
    ReekyLeaf132
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any comment on the group finder working better for PVP areas, I have never been successfully grouped with a Cyrodiil group or an Imperial City group and I try quite often. I'm on Xbox if that is a specific issue with that console...
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I frequently leave groups I get put in when there are low level players. If you aren't even proper level to do a pledge (45 I think.) Im not interested. I will also leave straight away if I see we have a dps who qued as tank/healer. Experience has shown me that it is most often not worth my time. I will gladly spend that 15 minutes doing somthing productive/fun instead. This changes nothing.

I try to run at least one random normal dungeon a day on my low level stamplar, ever since she hit level 14. With the dungeon scaling and my champion points, plus my experiences in the dungeons with my VR16 healer, I can even help carry people who have never run the dungeon, or queued as the wrong class. (Would be easier if I could replace BoL with Vigor, but haven't done any PVP on her yet). Gave a crash course on healing to our level 10 healer a few nights ago (he was trying, but this was his very first dungeon), and we had a blast.

She is decked out in the MoL Trials light blue and our matching guild tabard, to protect her from being kicked by judgemental veteran players. I only really have difficulties when I confuse the Vet mechanics with the NonVet mechanics. (And occasionally I forget she doesn't have a self-shield for defense).

@Tsai-NZ As a veteran rank player you will never make a dungeon harder for lower levels! Some of my favorite dungeon runs have been when my VR16 healer is queued with a collection of low level friends on chat looking for a healer and some guidance on the dungeon mechanics. It's very rewarding to experience their reactions as they go through the dungeon for the first time.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Tsai-NZ
    Tsai-NZ
    Soul Shriven
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    @Tsai-NZ As a veteran rank player you will never make a dungeon harder for lower levels! Some of my favorite dungeon runs have been when my VR16 healer is queued with a collection of low level friends on chat looking for a healer and some guidance on the dungeon mechanics. It's very rewarding to experience their reactions as they go through the dungeon for the first time.

Yea, few people here have replied letting me know earlier on. I was worried before, but now I go with any first group that pops up, level 10, 20, any. So it's all good now.