Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Banker Assistant Causing HUGE Ban Wave on PlayStation 4 - NA

Ch4mpTW
Ch4mpTW
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I along with tons of others have been banned on PlayStation 4 for supposedly exploiting with the banker assistant purchased from the crown store. Using the banker assistant to deposit and withdraw surveys, even if picking said surveys up to be used on a crafting character leads to the ban (according to the numerous people I've spoken with). And now, people are getting banned right and left.

ZO$, this is not a good look for you all. Not a good look at all. First $50 USD for the damn thing, and now people are catching bans for using it for what it was meant for? A quality of life item, that makes it so that you don't have to visit a town to deposit or withdraw something... Now something that leads to bans... ZO$ you're getting worse and worse... If this was something you didn't want to transpire, maybe you should've coded it to be bind-on-backpack. Now you have people's accounts that they've spent tons of hours and money on in limbo... Cool.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    From what I've heard, the exploit was very much widespread on PS4, so perhaps a majority of the bans are there for a reason. There are the few who are being punished unjustly, most likely, but I think most got their bans for a reason.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well we don't know if you are telling the truth and the ban is just for 72 hours so you will survive.

Edited by Ra'Shtar on April 30, 2016 3:35AM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to come out and acknowledge their mistake asap! @ZOS_GinaBruno the longer you sit on this, the worst it looks. Lets get some some sort of response, and dialog going on in here to save grace. We all know that people were exploiting and there is no issue with punishing them, but a lot of innocent people YET AGAIN got caught up do to negligence of a poor planned banning script. $40 dollars is way to much money to be spending on an item that has harmed our accounts without a quick official word from your company about what they plan to do for the people wrongfully suspended.
    Options
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate survey. Why don't they just give us the mats?
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They have code in place to catch dupers, they don't tolerate duping even if its acidently it could ban you if it senses items that appear to be duped it will send out a autoban mainly because of the way they designed the system then they look at all the banned players banks and inventories if its legit then they remove the ban if not I think it remains depending on how much of an item one has. They must have activated the coding that allows them to detect those items.

It was a program they added when the game came out so they could remove all the items that were duped from the game that and to catch them and ban those duping the items.

Perm bans were given because they wanted to make an example most likly of those that abuse the system and they don't tolerate such behavior. That and they might not have been able to remove the items themselves.
    But in this case, it might be a glitch, with the bank that is causing auto bans.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 30, 2016 3:42AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    and now people are catching bans for using it for what it was meant for?

It was not meant to exlpoit.

They knew what they were doing was wrong. How could you not?

Just because they paid money/crowns for an item should not exempt them from being bans especially bans relating to an exploit.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Well we don't know if you are telling the truth and the ban is just for 72 hours so you will survive.

So, we just suck it up? its cool that 40$ was spent on an item that harmed our accounts? Nah, sorry. ZoS needs to be held accountable for bad program
    They have code in place to catch dupers, they don't tolerate duping even if its acidently it could ban you if it senses items that appear to be duped it will send out a autoban mainly because of the way they designed the system then they look at all the banned players banks and inventories if its legit then they remove the ban if not I think it remains depending on how much of an item one has. They must have activated the coding that allows them to detect those items.

It was a program they added when the game came out so they could remove all the items that were duped from the game.

Perm bans were given because they wanted to make an example most likly of those that abuse the system and they don't tolerate such behavior. That and they might not have been able to remove the items themselves.
    But in this case, it might be a glitch, with the bank that is causing auto bans.

You must be new around here. Not trying to be mean when i say that, but this is not the first time we have had bans and suspensions on a massive scale that was later found out to be wrong and they apologized and lifted them. They have a horrible track record dealing with these issues. Sadly we have to come to the forums now to take care of this in a quick manner. Submitting appeals doesn't bring any light to the problem, and we no longer have phone numbers to call like in the past.
    Edited by Inklings on April 30, 2016 3:43AM
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »

So, we just suck it up? its cool that 40$ was spent on an item that harmed our accounts? Nah, sorry. ZoS needs to be held accountable for bad program

It was a program they added when the game came out so they could remove all the items that were duped from the game.

You must be new around here. Not trying to be mean when i say that, but this is not the first time we have had bans and suspensions on a massive scale that was later found out to be wrong and they apologized and lifted them. Sadly we have to come to the forums now to take care of this in a quick manner. Submitting appeals doesn't bring any light to the problem, and we no longer have phone numbers to call like in the past.

Not new to eso just not in game right now just responding on forums, All I know is they have coding in place that can detect duping.
    If they activated it, it would sense the duped items the moment a player selects them or something like that. This case it might be a mistake and banning players that have any form of duped item, that was bought from a guild store.
    Which means they will have to unban all those players. Or make them wait out the bans.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on April 30, 2016 3:45AM
    PC NA
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Just because they paid money/crowns for an item should not exempt them from being bans especially bans relating to an exploit.

That's not what happened. The script they have in place cant tell the difference between using the same one, and a new one that was saved from a previous day in the bank or moved there from a different character.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. You guys got ZOSed TWICE. First for buying a 5000 Crown Assistant then being banned for using it.

I would think it would be ZOS' fault for allowing the exploit in the game. Those who used it should maybe get a rollback or something but not a ban.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 1 of ZO$ Jail... The First Few Hours In...

63ffaf66ff673fd01143a3a68cf774269a40ed9d014c29df884f4e3b5f5971b3.jpg
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, reason not to buy the assistant I guess. I have not done that, I do think they need to lower the price on it.
    PC NA
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that you'll have to spend some time outdoors, take preventative measures to prevent another burn.

dootxc.jpg
    signing off
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    lol. You guys got ZOSed TWICE. First for buying a 5000 Crown Assistant then being banned for using it.

I would think it would be ZOS' fault for allowing the exploit in the game. Those who used it should maybe get a rollback or something but not a ban.

I don't blame ZoS one bit for the exploit its self. I do blame them for the poor script they wrote that is getting innocent people caught up in the mess though. I think the people who actually did exploit should be banned or suspended but sadly they cant seem to distinguish between the two.
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

That's not what happened. The script they have in place cant tell the difference between using the same one, and a new one that was saved from a previous day in the bank or moved there from a different character.

Ah now I gotcha... That is troubling indeed.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • DatNutrient
    DatNutrient
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I won't be using mine until this is cleared. Afraid to get locked out lol
    Stormproof 1/7/16
    V16 Magicka Templar
    V16 DK Tank
    V16 Stam Nightblade
    V16 Sorcerer
    V13 Stamplar

PS4 Player
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You must be new around here. Not trying to be mean when i say that, but this is not the first time we have had bans and suspensions on a massive scale that was later found out to be wrong and they apologized and lifted them. Sadly we have to come to the forums now to take care of this in a quick manner. Submitting appeals doesn't bring any light to the problem, and we no longer have phone numbers to call like in the past.

Not new to eso just not in game right now just responding on forums, All I know is they have coding in place that can detect duping.
    If they activated it, it would sense the duped items the moment a player selects them or something like that. This case it might be a mistake and banning players that have any form of duped item, that was bought from a guild store.
    Which means they will have to unban all those players. Or make them wait out the bans.

Actually nothing was duped. So the duped code isnt going to do anything this time around. We arnt allowed to explain the exploit but Its a whole different problem then duping and they failed to address it properly to make sure they got the right people.
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's getting crazy in ZO$ jail! Someone get me outta' here. I just saw an Argonian stab a Khajiit with a chicken bone after our final meal for the evening. Someone PLEASE get me outta' here! >_<
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on April 30, 2016 4:16AM
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks obama
    Options
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been banned from games before. Mostly for being a contankerous old fart, which I am. Twice from using a program to do mouseclicks for me (screw you, 2005 SWG crafting). I've even been banned while being completely innocent, more than once. It sucks.

I won't say innocent people didn't get banned by ZOS, but I'd much rather a few innocent players like me get banned along with the exploiters, than too-few exploiters get banned in order to protect innocent players like me.

And the cheaters always blame it on the developers. 'If there code was better, I wouldn't be able to cheat'. This of course is the same excuse you hear in the American penal system. 'I'm innocent. Society forces me to do it.'

In reality, it's called 'lack of moral character'. At one time it was a big deal. But there are always those who don't value morality, except how it applies to them. Nothing you can do to stop them. Sociopaths will always exist.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why dont people just do survey on the char the get the survey on and then put mats in there bank te problem is fix in a way i understand why ZoS do this ban for it is a exploit the are doing and i dont understand why people is stupid enough put survey in bank and login on other char and do the survey honest the can only to blame the yourself for being stupid/lazy.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    Why dont people just do survey on the char the get the survey on and then put mats in there bank te problem is fix in a way i understand why ZoS do this ban for it is a exploit the are doing and i dont understand why people is stupid enough put survey in bank and login on other char and do the survey honest the can only to blame the yourself for being stupid/lazy.

for me i do the writ,bank the survey and repeat this on every character until i get to the last one,which is the guy who does the surveys and has all the passives unlocked,he also decons everything(drops from the writ,dungeon loot,etc).
    its just easy for me and it makes things go quicker.
    BTW i havent been banned nor do i have a banker and ive been doing it this way since writs came out.
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »

I have 8 vr16. They all have 50 in each crafting profession. I get around 10 surveys a day. The extra time in loading screens, hopping around wrothgar on 8 different toons is around 20 mins. Where as i can put them all in my banker hireling and have one character collect them saves me hours per week.

Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I even didn't know you can put surveys into bank *_*
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oibam wrote: »
    I even didn't know you can put surveys into bank *_*

lead_large.png
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I go after the surveys the moment I get them. I also only do Writs on my main lol

If you want to blame someone for this outcome blame the ones who abused the banker to get infinite mats.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Genomic
    Genomic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

I agree. They sell these things at exorbitant prices, only for them to contain game breaking bugs. It beggars belief.
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys havent a clue about the exploit. It wasnt simply putting writs in the bank from other characters and as the exploit is fixed i'll say that people had 1 writ, went to the nodes and deposited the writ in the banker before harvesting....they then harvested, went around the corner, took out the same writ from their banker and went to survey site again.....rinse and repeat. They used the same writ infinite times. The survey writ used to disappear when you started harvesting, now they disappear as soon as you are in the area.
    Edited by Buffler on April 30, 2016 5:40AM
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    You guys havent a clue about the exploit. It wasnt simply putting writs in the bank from other characters and as the exploit is fixed i'll say that people had 1 writ, went to the nodes and deposited the writ in the banker before harvesting....they then harvested, went around the corner, took out the same writ from their banker and went to survey site again.....rinse and repeat. They used the same writ infinite times. The survey writ used to disappear when you started harvesting, now they disappear as soon as you are in the area.

The problem here is the script they used to log this information didn't or couldn't tell the same survey from another that was already in the bag. So players like myself, who get a few doubles a day by doing all 6 writs on all 8 characters, got caught on this, as we were triggering the low parameters they had set for redoing the same writ twice.
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »

The problem here is the script they used to log this information didn't or couldn't tell the same survey from another that was already in the bag. So players like myself, who get a few doubles a day by doing all 6 writs on all 8 characters, got caught on this, as we were triggering the low parameters they had set for redoing the same writ twice.

And that is wrong and I'd be pissed but im sure it will get sorted asap. Blame the idiots that started exploiting to begin with.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.