The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Banker Assistant Causing HUGE Ban Wave on PlayStation 4 - NA

• Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    Inklings wrote: »
    You guys havent a clue about the exploit. It wasnt simply putting writs in the bank from other characters and as the exploit is fixed i'll say that people had 1 writ, went to the nodes and deposited the writ in the banker before harvesting....they then harvested, went around the corner, took out the same writ from their banker and went to survey site again.....rinse and repeat. They used the same writ infinite times. The survey writ used to disappear when you started harvesting, now they disappear as soon as you are in the area.

The problem here is the script they used to log this information didn't or couldn't tell the same survey from another that was already in the bag. So players like myself, who get a few doubles a day by doing all 6 writs on all 8 characters, got caught on this, as we were triggering the low parameters they had set for redoing the same writ twice.

And that is wrong and I'd be pissed but im sure it will get sorted asap. Blame the idiots that started exploiting to begin with.

I blaming both. Im really not happy about a 40$ item i bought causing issues to my account cause of negligence on ZoS part. Im going to put the blame on both parties, but only one of those parties can fix whats been wronged.
    Edited by Inklings on April 30, 2016 5:53AM
    Options
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You guys havent a clue about the exploit. It wasnt simply putting writs in the bank from other characters and as the exploit is fixed i'll say that people had 1 writ, went to the nodes and deposited the writ in the banker before harvesting....they then harvested, went around the corner, took out the same writ from their banker and went to survey site again.....rinse and repeat. They used the same writ infinite times. The survey writ used to disappear when you started harvesting, now they disappear as soon as you are in the area.

The problem here is the script they used to log this information didn't or couldn't tell the same survey from another that was already in the bag. So players like myself, who get a few doubles a day by doing all 6 writs on all 8 characters, got caught on this, as we were triggering the low parameters they had set for redoing the same writ twice.

And that is wrong and I'd be pissed but im sure it will get sorted asap. Blame the idiots that started exploiting to begin with.

I blaming both. Im really not happy about a 40$ item i bought causing issues to my account cause of negligence on ZoS part. Im going to put the blame on both parties, but only one of those parties can fix whats been wronged.

So this is why there's a river flood warning in my vicinity.

In all seriousness this hotfix was put in place to address cheaters and then preventive measures were added to catch them so until this is all properly sorted out just chillax and contact customer support of your innocence. You can blame Zenimax for this all you want but it's far better this happens than letting the exploiters run wild.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on April 30, 2016 7:05AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<deleted>> Not worth responding to after second thought.
    Edited by Inklings on April 30, 2016 6:15AM
    Options
  • HebrewHatchet
    HebrewHatchet
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding some negative feedback. I was temporarily banned unjustly for harvesting my writs on one character. I'll take the ban because the overall economy is more important, but this was poorly done and feels offensive. I will no longer buy crowns as this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    [PS4 NA]
    PSN: HebrewHatchet
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a small few of you are innocent but so many people are lying and its hilarious that they bought the banker and got a ban B)

5132014015727.png
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate survey. Why don't they just give us the mats?

YES! Please. I'm sick of leaving it to the last minute and spending literally 7 hours doing all my surveys on all 8 characters.
    I had to stop doing my writs because this really burnt me out before TG dropped. I still have a bunch of surveys on half my characters because I'm just too lazy to actually do them.

As for this stuff going on with the bans, I'm not sure I understand, I was sure that surveys were bound, I'm sure I tried to deposit my surveys in an attempt to make the process easier by having only one character do all the work, but it wouldn't let me. So confused right now.

On a side note, I'll get back into doing writs again when the craft bags become a thing, but I'm really hoping that ZOS can fix the damn frame stuttering that still happens in the City of Orsinium. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, but this has been a bug for me since it came out, and they've never fixed it. It's seriously bad, and I just don't want to have to do my writs in a place that stutters and freezes up when i'm just trying to walk from point A to point B within the city.
    Options
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice to see zos taking action against exploiters
    Edited by lathbury on April 30, 2016 7:09AM
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    I hate survey. Why don't they just give us the mats?

YES! Please. I'm sick of leaving it to the last minute and spending literally 7 hours doing all my surveys on all 8 characters.
    I had to stop doing my writs because this really burnt me out before TG dropped. I still have a bunch of surveys on half my characters because I'm just too lazy to actually do them.

As for this stuff going on with the bans, I'm not sure I understand, I was sure that surveys were bound, I'm sure I tried to deposit my surveys in an attempt to make the process easier by having only one character do all the work, but it wouldn't let me. So confused right now.

On a side note, I'll get back into doing writs again when the craft bags become a thing, but I'm really hoping that ZOS can fix the damn frame stuttering that still happens in the City of Orsinium. I know it doesn't happen to everyone, but this has been a bug for me since it came out, and they've never fixed it. It's seriously bad, and I just don't want to have to do my writs in a place that stutters and freezes up when i'm just trying to walk from point A to point B within the city.

with the new lazywrit addon that just came out, i'm able to do all 8 of my characters(48 writs) in about 40-45 mins. With the banker hireling i was then able to grab all the surveys i got from them on one character in about 10-15 mins. It was so nice to be able to complete all that in an hour or less every day.
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    excuse me, but did i read somewhere in this thread that there are players blaming ZOS for banning them, because they purchased the banker and started exploiting?
    PC EU

Options
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I along with tons of others have been banned on PlayStation 4 for supposedly exploiting with the banker assistant purchased from the crown store. Using the banker assistant to deposit and withdraw surveys, even if picking said surveys up to be used on a crafting character leads to the ban (according to the numerous people I've spoken with). And now, people are getting banned right and left.

ZO$, this is not a good look for you all. Not a good look at all. First $50 USD for the damn thing, and now people are catching bans for using it for what it was meant for? A quality of life item, that makes it so that you don't have to visit a town to deposit or withdraw something... Now something that leads to bans... ZO$ you're getting worse and worse... If this was something you didn't want to transpire, maybe you should've coded it to be bind-on-backpack. Now you have people's accounts that they've spent tons of hours and money on in limbo... Cool.

Really? Did you or did you not exploit this bug? Don't bother telling me because Zenimax can easily track your actions and see you have 50 freakin stacks in your bank you didn't have yesterday.

You exploited a bug that would RUIN the game economy, what the HELL did you think would happen?

Next time something like this happens don't run off to exploit it and don't come QQing to the forums about being treated "unfairly". Lesson learned
    Options
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    So someone tell me this. I do writs on 2 toons and have many many doubles because I like to horde them away and get a bulk to refine/farm. Your saying if I do this now I will get banned? That's bull
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    I along with tons of others have been banned on PlayStation 4 for supposedly exploiting with the banker assistant purchased from the crown store. Using the banker assistant to deposit and withdraw surveys, even if picking said surveys up to be used on a crafting character leads to the ban (according to the numerous people I've spoken with). And now, people are getting banned right and left.

ZO$, this is not a good look for you all. Not a good look at all. First $50 USD for the damn thing, and now people are catching bans for using it for what it was meant for? A quality of life item, that makes it so that you don't have to visit a town to deposit or withdraw something... Now something that leads to bans... ZO$ you're getting worse and worse... If this was something you didn't want to transpire, maybe you should've coded it to be bind-on-backpack. Now you have people's accounts that they've spent tons of hours and money on in limbo... Cool.

Really? Did you or did you not exploit this bug? Don't bother telling me because Zenimax can easily track your actions and see you have 50 freakin stacks in your bank you didn't have yesterday.

You exploited a bug that would RUIN the game economy, what the HELL did you think would happen?

Next time something like this happens don't run off to exploit it and don't come QQing to the forums about being treated "unfairly". Lesson learned

You don't seem to understand how ZoS handles stuff like this. We have had massive ban waves before so we know how this works. There is a small parameter they use to see if people are exploiting. People who trigger that get banned/suspended with out anymore evidence then that script detecting so. Then and only after people start putting in tickets to correct this do they then go in individually to track other things to see if innocent people who accidentally triggered the parameters did so by accident. They can tell really easy whos actually exploiting, but sadly they do that after the fact.
    Edited by Inklings on April 30, 2016 7:51AM
    Options
  • Nibo
    Nibo
    Soul Shriven
    ticket only way to contact support?
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree OP. This is a VERY GOOD look for ZOS.

If someone is cheating, they get banned. That's the way games should be.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So someone tell me this. I do writs on 2 toons and have many many doubles because I like to horde them away and get a bulk to refine/farm. Your saying if I do this now I will get banned? That's bull

No you wont as thats not the exploit.
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    excuse me, but did i read somewhere in this thread that there are players blaming ZOS for banning them, because they purchased the banker and started exploiting?

No people are blaming ZoS cause the script they used to determine who exploited cant tell the difference between a survey that was just used on your character and one you had stored in your banker hireling previously or that was put there a few minutes ago by another alt of yours. This script apparently couldn't tell 1 extra use of a few surveys a day, legitly gained from multiple characters, compared to it being done 100 times over with the same one, and just banned anyone who looted the same survey back to back, no mater if it was once or hundred times.
    Edited by Inklings on April 30, 2016 7:52AM
    Options
  • Nibo
    Nibo
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to request a formal review of my account please
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nibo wrote: »

No point in asking us lol

Pit a ticket in with appeal as subject
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No point in asking us lol

Pit a ticket in with appeal as subject

We are all getting auto responses. Its Friday night, they are closed until monday. Unless there is a big backlash and they are forced to come in tomorrow to take care of this we wont see it fixed until monday. =(
    Options
  • Nibo
    Nibo
    Soul Shriven
    I think I have done a ticket few times

I need a live person

can't believe i can't find a phone number any where on support
    Options
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have done a ticket few times

I need a live person

can't believe i can't find a phone number any where on support

Yeah, sorry, but they dont have phone numbers anymore. That part of CS got cut a long time ago. Tickets are our only option. =(
    Options
  • Tommy1979AtWar
    Tommy1979AtWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Day 1 of ZO$ Jail... The First Few Hours In...

63ffaf66ff673fd01143a3a68cf774269a40ed9d014c29df884f4e3b5f5971b3.jpg

There are 2 lessons to be learned while serving time in Zo$ maximum security penitentiary:

Don't buy anything from Zo$.
    Don't drop the soap.

I'm glad I wasn't stupid enough to give them $50 for that crap, a 72 hour ban isn't too bad but it probably evens out to the time saved travelling to a town to bank, it's not much of a convenience when you look at it like that lol
    Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's unfortunate.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this just an assistant thing?

I've used the bank bank to transfer surveys. I'm assuming that's still OK to do?
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They deserve to get banned.
    Options
  • Caradawc
    Caradawc
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Is this just an assistant thing?

I've used the bank bank to transfer surveys. I'm assuming that's still OK to do?

No, the bans have also affected those that transfer survey maps from one character to another via the normal bank as well.
    Edited by Caradawc on April 30, 2016 8:51AM
    Options
  • Verbalinkontinenz
    Verbalinkontinenz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    u dot even need to have that crown-store bankier to get banned that exploit. tell me how i should have done that exploit, without having a mobile bankier. just as someone else said: doing writs with all chars, put them into bank, collect all with main char so its faster. sometimes i have more of one of the same writ, i relog to other account after i took writ out of bank again and out them into bank then. theres no exploit. thats what many people did, which got banned without exploiting.
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u dot even need to have that crown-store bankier to get banned that exploit. tell me how i should have done that exploit, without having a mobile bankier. just as someone else said: doing writs with all chars, put them into bank, collect all with main char so its faster. sometimes i have more of one of the same writ, i relog to other account after i took writ out of bank again and out them into bank then. theres no exploit. thats what many people did, which got banned without exploiting.

Yep. It's a real mess right now. And honestly, I don't wanna be told how we can't discuss anything. There are innocent people getting banned for this (me included). And for there to be no public apology or anything of the sort is absolutely unacceptable by ZO$. Absolutely unacceptable. It goes to show that I truly am nothing but a dollar sign to Zenimax. And nothing more. And oh yes, I am definitely serious when I say that I want a refund for the banker assistant. They can have it back. I don't want to ever touch that tainted "quality of life enhancer" item again.
    Options
  • Carlomagno_XI
    Carlomagno_XI
    ✭✭
    So after reading how the exploit was being performed and knowing that some of you here cry-crying actually bought the Banker directly to assist you cheat... holy *** am I having a laughing fit. LOLOL. Take that yummy ban and do not let that prison wallet get robbed!

I am equally impressed with the agility of the mind in terms of finding these loopholes... and the proliferation of it.

Someone sent me through the mail 1000 Rubedite after being absent a week from the game.. I thought it was because they missed me.. Now I know I'll miss them because without a doubt he just ran out of space in his bags & bank space.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
    No ETA
    Options
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not accusing you of anything, but it is possible to have done that exploit without having a banker yourself since the banker hireling currently can be accessed by anyone who talks to him, not just the summoner. It is entirely possible that one person has it out while the rest leech off his banker to do it.

That makes it even more sad lol.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
    Options
This discussion has been closed.