Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Banker or The Merchant... Only 1.. Go!

KcjAries78
KcjAries78
✭✭✭
Okay, you only have enough Crowns for Nuzhimeh the Merchant or Tythis Andromo the Banker... Which one is more advantageous? Pros and Cons? Do you have both? Who do you use more? Do you find other players using them too?
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither, you're better off going to a city that has a banker that can manage guild bank & store and a merchant that can repair, plus in a city there are crafting stations so you can do everything there. Crown Store banker won't let you manage your guild store /bank and merchant wont repair.

It's better to use those crowns for DLC's, customs, scrolls, etc.
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on April 27, 2016 1:23PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merchants are everywhere. Walking roadways, posted at road stops, dotted throughout towns even in trial lobbies. Bankers are only in region capitals and are not usually just off wayshrine. My recommendation is to go with the banker.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither. It's better we boycott purchasing these until ZOS adds the features that make these assistants actually worth the $50 USD they want for them. i.e. repairs, guild banks.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep my crowns then, i am not supporting this kind of greed.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the banker and have loved it ever since.

Banker not only helps free inventory but also transfer btwn chars and unified gold access.

Did not find merchant as appealing since MANY vilkages have merchants and they walk around,.

Well worth the crowns for my personal banker Stibbons.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• KcjAries78
    KcjAries78
    ✭✭✭
    Well gee, I didn't realize those important features were lacking.... I did use someone's bank and merchant once, it was kind of convenient to sell and bank my materials... And I'm thinking some of that time may be relieved with the new crafting bags for plus members. I didn't realize this TOO was a soar topic of discussion. My Bad.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say banker. It's 50-50 but there are walking merchants.

Only thing is I don't want a dude following me around.
    But I won't spend 5k on either as they both are incomplete in their services.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither, waste of money
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too expensive I would not buy either. but if I have to choose I would banker 100% can't even sneeze without hitting a merchant.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the banker is useful in a dungeon, but otherwise, there is always a wayshrine nearby, the wayshrine network is so dense, that there is no need for that IMO. I would buy one though for 1500 crowns, but not for 5000.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Banker not only helps free inventory but also transfer btwn chars and unified gold access.

Did not find merchant as appealing since MANY vilkages have merchants and they walk around,.

There's no doubt you've got convenience for what you paid. However, as long as people are paying top dollar for half-baked products and mediocre service, as consumers, we'll continue to get crappier and crappier products as they stretch the limits of how little their customers are willing to purchase for a premium. The Banker is debatably worth it, the merchant however is a complete waste unless all you literally do is grind. With these being high ticket items, I err on the side of expecting the quality of product definitively match the cost.
    Edited by Cuyler on April 27, 2016 1:49PM
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way too expensive for what they are. I myself will wait until they go on sale. If they go to half price, then ill buy them.
    Tldr, wait until they go on sale and get both.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont see the need for them personally at any price.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone is pointing a gun to me and forcing me to buy one? Banker. At least I can use it to transfer equipment between characters.

But on normal circumstances, I would rather save my Crowns for cosmetic stuff. Always good to have a bunch of Crowns ready when a limited mount or costume you love comes out.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More of a moneylender than a banker, as in the underground thieve areas.

Hmmm. let me think, I would choose,....the one I would personally use more?

Anyway, once crafting bags are out, assuming the will work correctly, neither will be of any use, because you will have 200+ bag & bank slots always open.

Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    Way too expensive for what they are. I myself will wait until they go on sale. If they go to half price, then ill buy them.
    Tldr, wait until they go on sale and get both.

i see half price still as much too high for what they actually can do for you. I would consider it though for half price, if they would be fully functional - with access to guild bank and guild store, and the merchant with repair functionality, but even then the merchant might not be worth that price, even it would be halved.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merchant easily.
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save your money / crowns. They're overpriced, functionally crippled and poor quality for the cost. Please spend your crowns on items / content that rewards the dev team for putting some effort in - reward good development and say no to lazy whaling.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5k crowns?

I'd buy exp scrolls with it.

25 scrolls should let me make 3~ characters.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far too expensive for what they do, so even if I had the crowns I would use them on something else :)
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • kampori
    kampori
    ✭✭✭
    I got both, cus I've amassed loads of crowns after being subscribed since day 1 and only just started playing (again). SO I bought both..

The merchant I never use. It's completely and utterly pointless.. the only reason I bought it was the hope that it could repair, but alas, nope.
    The banker I use a lot. It's extremely helpful.. especially if you're playing on a slower PC, where loading to a city, and THEN running to and entering a bank takes a long time. Then logging out, switching to an alt, running to/enter bank.. or if you live in a STUPID city like Elden Root.. (seriously.. why can't the AD capital be Skywatch, somewhere civilized.. not some bloody hippy tree country. I would even prefer Marbruk..)
    Now I can bank anything immediately, and for me who is constantly picking up crafting materials, and my bags are always full. I can keep food/potions etc in there, and gems, access them on all chars with ease. I haven't entered a bank since I got it, and I couldn't be happier.
    This Is Not Here
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are kind of pricey for what you get. But the merchant to me seems a bit better for my needs.

With crafting bags coming live soon I will need less access to my bank and since I have maxed out crafts I no longer keep anything less than blue in quality. So I should be able to go all night long without stopping if I just had a merchant.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer robot with 400 inventory slots
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

There's no doubt you've got convenience for what you paid. However, as long as people are paying top dollar for half-baked products and mediocre service, as consumers, we'll continue to get crappier and crappier products as they stretch the limits of how little their customers are willing to purchase for a premium. The Banker is debatably worth it, the merchant however is a complete waste unless all you literally do is grind. With these being high ticket items, I err on the side of expecting the quality of product definitively match the cost.

How about i spend my money the way i want and you spend your money the way you wxnt and other people spend their money etc and we all cut with the sidewise allusions to "your spending hurts others" crap?

I dont just get convenience for my money. The banker isnt a 7-11 slurpy.

I get TIME. i waste a LOT less time on inventory stuff now snd am able to streamline a lot more things and do things in different ways now than before. I knew the banker would change play and suspected i wouldnt see it all without playing it. I waited a week, noting how often i said IN PLAY that bank would be good now.

All of these add up to... a significant and noticable increase in playtime able to be spent playing vs overhead.

I suggested ZOS give everyone a free banker for one month. That would result in SALES.

You dont know what you are missing.

As for "critical guild banking" i do much more guld stuff now bc its so easy.
    See, one of my 8 charsbis enjoying the sun in Rawlkha. Everybody else can toss stuff into the regular bank on the fly. When i wsnt to guild it, log my khajit in an bokm bam its done. Seven chars not needed to return to city whenever they need guildy stuff and one cat sunning until his time to go play... saves lots of TIME.

Maybe its an age thing but with 5 decades plus under my belt and irl responsibilities to match, i gladly pay for TIME and dont begrudge anybody how they spend their money.

Ymmv and clearly does but i contend that without playing for a while with the banker, the data you are drawing your conclusion from are incomplete.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why you even bump these stupid merchants.. both are useless and only stupid would buy them
    BS banker and BS merchant for 5k ***
    "hey ***, i cost 50$ buy me"
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    Banker sounds better to me just to swap the same gear out between all characters and if you have eso+ you can essentially have everyone stay naked and store all your gear in the bank. If we ever get those decon benches in the crown store the bank + bench combo sounds amazing to me.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

How about i spend my money the way i want and you spend your money the way you wxnt and other people spend their money etc and we all cut with the sidewise allusions to "your spending hurts others" crap?

I dont just get convenience for my money. The banker isnt a 7-11 slurpy.

I get TIME. i waste a LOT less time on inventory stuff now snd am able to streamline a lot more things and do things in different ways now than before. I knew the banker would change play and suspected i wouldnt see it all without playing it. I waited a week, noting how often i said IN PLAY that bank would be good now.

All of these add up to... a significant and noticable increase in playtime able to be spent playing vs overhead.

I suggested ZOS give everyone a free banker for one month. That would result in SALES.

You dont know what you are missing.

As for "critical guild banking" i do much more guld stuff now bc its so easy.
    See, one of my 8 charsbis enjoying the sun in Rawlkha. Everybody else can toss stuff into the regular bank on the fly. When i wsnt to guild it, log my khajit in an bokm bam its done. Seven chars not needed to return to city whenever they need guildy stuff and one cat sunning until his time to go play... saves lots of TIME.

Maybe its an age thing but with 5 decades plus under my belt and irl responsibilities to match, i gladly pay for TIME and dont begrudge anybody how they spend their money.

Ymmv and clearly does but i contend that without playing for a while with the banker, the data you are drawing your conclusion from are incomplete.

LOL. How about I tell you that I think players purchasing these assistants are reinforcing lazy development and over-priced micro-transactions. It's an opinion get over it. Maybe it's your "five-plus decades" making you a little grumpy. News flash. it's not an age thing, and like your the only one with IRL responsibilities. I'm not a spring chicken, have a career and a family yet I can still see a highway robbery when I see it. It's just business, don't take it personal. And trust me I know what I'm missing, not much.
    Edited by Cuyler on April 27, 2016 2:46PM
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Unless i get a ton of crowns built up with nothing else in the store i want and nothing on the horizon i will NOT be buying either.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banker all the way. It's not even close. If ZOS pulled the numbers I'm sure it would be 2-1 ratio if not more
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to go with neither, too. Use your crowns for something really useful.

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu