The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Banker or The Merchant... Only 1.. Go!

• theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank is a litle better but neither is worth it. Save the crowns
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    !SAVE THE CROWNS!

Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • TiberX
    TiberX
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banker for me and here's why:

1) crafting bag will hold all crafting mats which will free up my bank significantly so I can therefore put alternate gear sets in my bank to be available for any of my toons that might need them. For my tank alone he has armour Master, ebon, pariah, seducer,whitestrakes, Julianos heavy and Julianos light (for when needed to do DPS), Lord warden, engine guardian, bloodspawn, skoria, kenna sets to cover all options.
    2) for alchemy and provisioning writs I always craft in bulk and store in bank so I don't have to craft every time. If I can summon a Banker to get the health potion and the markarth mead then it makes writs much faster cos I can just go to blacksmith/clothier/woodwork stations then straight to writs dropoff and summon banker

By being able to do those 2 I will free up a lot of space to hold trash to decon or sell when back in town.
    My internet is invalid
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neither...yea I said it. :p
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither!

The banker has no guild bank or guild store functionality.
    The merchant does not repair or sell repair kits.

Waste of money.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've actually found both to be useful, once you have them, you find yourself using them quite frequently... especially the banker. It's great also if you have alts... drop items to sell at guild trader in bank, log in to alt that is sitting at normal bank, remove from bank, sell at guild store, return to original alt.

The merchant is great when you're grinding or questing and find yourself suddenly out of inventory space while in a delve, dungeon, or out away from regular merchants on roads. I don't know how many times I would have to delete items while grinding because I ran out of inventory space but wasn't ready to abandon the area just to run to town... now I don't have to because I can summon a merchant and sell everything so I can keep grinding. No, they don't repair, but I carry repair kits for my grinding sessions. ;)
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, they are overpriced as *** and useless.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • imenace
    imenace
    ✭✭✭
    i can see the merchant be useful when ur grinding and need to sell items quick but then again you can also buy a 2nd account for less $ and send items there and then return to sender to sell them, tbh both are useless so dont spend ur crowns, better wait and see if they reduce prices or add something useful to them
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    the banker is useless. the upcoming crafting bag will be a banker !
    and for real.. 140 inventory slots makes you need a banker? well.. you can have 200 inventory slots how about that..

So far as it stands the Crafting bag will only be accessible to sub holders. So the banker is the next best thing for non subs.
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Inarre wrote: »
    Way too expensive for what they are. I myself will wait until they go on sale. If they go to half price, then ill buy them.
    Tldr, wait until they go on sale and get both.

i see half price still as much too high for what they actually can do for you. I would consider it though for half price, if they would be fully functional - with access to guild bank and guild store, and the merchant with repair functionality, but even then the merchant might not be worth that price, even it would be halved.

I still have crowns i bought at half price, so half price of half price would be worth it to me *wiggles eyebrows*
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I'd say banker, as a subscriber I'd rather wait for the crafting bag. With that I'd finally have enough space in my bank for treasures that I carry around with me like monster sets that I don't use but want to keep for other characters later on. My personal inventory will be able to handle a good few hours of playing time by then so wont need the banker or the merchant. My bank is always full of tempers, mats, runes, traits, style mats, vault shards, (it's a good job I'm not a provisioner). Can't wait for the crafting bag :)
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I need to change my vote.

I splurged and got the merchant today.
    Hands down its waaaay over priced but it has more value than the banker.

As of today you can literally loot everything and sale it immediately.
    I made 12k doing 5 quests.

The banker...I don't have but I would only be able to store and retrieve items so knowing crafting bags are coming, I'm saying the merchant 10:1
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • x_Nathan_F
    x_Nathan_F
    ✭✭✭
    I have the banker considering I was ESO and I had a lot of crowns I decided to get it, it's very useful I'm unaware of what the merchant sell
  • LordSock
    LordSock
    ✭✭✭
    At 5000 crowns each... NEITHER.

This is my thinking. If 1 of em it was free, I'd go with the banker though.

• mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought both, disappointed in both.

No guild bank access for Tythis

No actual items sold by "Meh" nor does she repair gear.

Buyer be warned.
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • ThisIsAKnife
    ThisIsAKnife
    ✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    More of a moneylender than a banker, as in the underground thieve areas.

Hmmm. let me think, I would choose,....the one I would personally use more?

Anyway, once crafting bags are out, assuming the will work correctly, neither will be of any use, because you will have 200+ bag & bank slots always open.

With the crafting bags, the banker will actually be more useful, although still overpriced because you have to deposit items in the bank to make them go into the crafting bag.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Man, what really I don't get is why the anti-banker-merc crowd feels the need to be so hostile to those who support it.

Quote them in your positive banker post and they lash back.
    Maximizing play time vs overhead time is LAZY to them and we'll they just aren't as lazy.
    Spend my money on something I find useful and now well worth it and suddenly I am messing things up for others by promoting development strategies they don't like.

Well heck, from now on, I will consider "and it might tick off that crowd" as a purchase perk.Ymmv

No one being hostile. I gave you an opinion in response to your overly defensive statement.

Which you proceeded to call...
    sidewise allusions to "your spending hurts others" crap
    Further more, you went as far to take an almighty high road, with your "50 plus years" speech and tell me how my OPINION is void because...
    the data you are drawing your conclusion from are incomplete.
    Like I don't play with 100 ppl who have one to get an idea.

QFT
    Cuyler wrote: »
    I think players purchasing these assistants are reinforcing lazy development and over-priced micro-transactions.
    Nowhere did I call YOU lazy. I said the development was lazy. Selective reading I guess. Truth is m8, YOU are being hostile and overtly defensive to the opposing opinion. Even coming back to talk *** and twist things without tagging me lol. GG

I said it before, it's an opinion. Relax.

Edit: Just want to add my initial intent was not to escalate an argument with you but to begin a discussion because you appeared to have a strong positive view on the subject. Your "lashing back" was unexpected.
    Edited by Cuyler on April 29, 2016 8:39PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    dtm_samuraib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Exploited.
    Best band EVA.
    Well, for Punk at least.
    Earthdawn Game Master Role Play Quotes by me:
    "If it looks like a bear, if it feels like a bear, smells and tastes like a bear, then be VERY aware, it could be something ENTIRELY different..."
    "Be careful what you wish for, you might get plenty of it..."
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the banker. I like it except that it is ONLY your bank. No access to guild banks or store. Not really worth the 5000 crowns. The description should change from "does all your banking needs", or add the guild features as well and make it a full bank NPC.