The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to get 40k+ Magika?

Blevil
Blevil
✭✭✭
Ok so how exactly are people doing this? Is it using divines on everything with mundus? food? racial passives?
|--| /-\ \/\/ /-\ | | `"*-.,
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some combination of mage mundus + blue or green food + divines and/or infused + arcane jewelry + set bonuses... 40k is very doable even before skill buffs.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I currently have 43486 magicka on my magblade.
    1. Character attributes: 64 points into magicka.
    2. Jewelry attributes: 3x VR16 Arcane jewelry
    3. Armor enchantments: 7x VR16 Kuta max magicka enchantments
    4. Set bonuses: 967 from VR16 gold Julianos, 1400 from VR16 purple Willpower
    5. Undaunted bonus: 6% max magicka from 5/1/1 gear and max Undaunted passives.
    6. Mages Guild bonus: 7% max magicka from slotting Inner Light (5% from skill, 2% from MG passive).
    7. Class bonus: 8% max magicka from slotting Siphoning skill.
    8. Racial bonus: 10% max magicka from Breton passives.
    9. CP bonus: 19% max magicka from the number of allocated blue points (I'm at CP cap, so that's 167^0.58).
    10. Food: 4936 (not affected by any % bonuses).
    Asayre wrote: »
    Yes, you should get 40167 max magicka with the gear you are describing

Base: 7958
    Attribute: 64 points * 111 = 7104
    Enchantment: 868*3 (Large pieces) + 351*4 (Small Pieces) +840*3 (Jewellery) = 6528
    Gear bonus: 1400 Epic Willpower + 967 Legendary Julianos = 2367
    CP: 501 corresponds to 18% multiplier
    Food: 4936
    Skills: 6% Undaunted (5L/1M/1H) + 8% (Magicka Flood) + 5% (Inner Light) + 2% (Magicka controller) = 21%

((7958+7104+6528+2367)*1.18+4936)*1.21 = 40167

You can get more max magicka with the Mage mundus and running infused on gear. But you don't need that. For PvE magicka DPS, your mundus should be either Thief or Shadow, and your armor traits should be all divines. (Because of the potency of Thief/Shadow in PvE, you should always wear all-divines if you're using one of those two mundus stones; you can run infused if you're not using Thief/Shadow, though.)

Results will vary based on race (Altmer, Breton, and Dunmer are the three magicka races, with 10%, 10%, and 9% max magicka racial bonuses, respectively) and class (nightblades and sorcs have passives that increase max magicka).
    Edited by code65536 on March 29, 2016 8:45PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Blevil
    Blevil
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys. This really helps :smile:
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get more max magicka with the Mage mundus and running infused on gear. But you don't need that. For PvE magicka DPS, your mundus should be either Thief or Shadow, and your armor traits should be all divines. (Because of the potency of Thief/Shadow in PvE, you should always wear all-divines if you're using one of those two mundus stones; you can run infused if you're not using Thief/Shadow, though.)

Results will vary based on race (Altmer, Breton, and Dunmer are the three magicka races, with 10%, 10%, and 9% max magicka racial bonuses, respectively) and class (nightblades and sorcs have passives that increase max magicka).

Sorcs have a passive for Magicka recovery and not Maximum Magicka

• Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorcs have a passive for Magicka recovery and not Maximum Magicka

Sorc's do have the advantage of being able to run Bound Aegis though which gives:
    • 8% increased max magicka
    • 2% extra spell damage
    • 20% extra health recovery
    • 20% extra stamina recovery
    • Increases armor & spell resistance by approx 1k.

It's annoying that it takes up a slot on each bar & looks ugly as hell (Unless you cover it with a costume)... but its pretty much an essential for all Sorc DPS builds due to the max magicka boost
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • scibur314r8t
    ahhhhh good to know
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Generally only a sorc will have over 40k as other classes will have to usually give up too much elsewhere to obtain this.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »
    Generally only a sorc will have over 40k as other classes will have to usually give up too much elsewhere to obtain this.

My Breton Templar with 43k magicka disagees! ;)

When she's DPS'ing She's just in normal light armor sets (Julianos & a monster set.... so not a dedicated max magicka setup by any means)... all yellow with magicka enchants.... blue health & magicka food, Meteor ultimate, Inner light....

Nothing out of the ordinary, and not giving up anything elsewhere, and well over 40k magicka.

GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at 45k on sorc and 44 on templar I can reach 48k on sorc and 46 almost 47 on templar I've saw some sorcs with 50k mag 40k is kinda low.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But how do you get to 40 k magicka without getting below 18k health and being a class with no max magicka passives using nerineths and julianos with thief stone.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • TormodoftheNorth
    TormodoftheNorth
    Soul Shriven
    My dark elf nightblade sits @ 41k without gold glyphs or the mage mudus...
    Depending on the class (sorc) you don't need 18k health. you have a shield for 20k or more on top of your health. i run 17k health on my mag nb and have no problems with any content.
    If you know the content you can get away with lower health which allows you to have more resource and do more damage.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    But how do you get to 40 k magicka without getting below 18k health and being a class with no max magicka passives using nerineths and julianos with thief stone.

That's a little like saying...

'How do I get to X without doing all of things to get there?'

TBH though... I have all those things, with the exception that my magicka builds are all a race with a max magicka racial... As they are at around the 44k mark, take off 10% and 40k is possible with normal enough stuff. As mentioned above, gold gear, gold max magicka enchants, blue V15 health/Magicka food, all attributes in magicka, willpower jewels, use a couple of mages guild skills on the bar, or look at other skills/passives for your class and see if any buff max magicka.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ryanborror wrote: »

I have 39.5 on my templar with 24k health in pvp also. So getting above 40 would be quite easy and still have a decent health pool.
  • Blevil
    Blevil
    ✭✭✭
    ok anyone know list of skills that are boosted by having a high max magika? ie. hardend ward.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blevil wrote: »
    ok anyone know list of skills that are boosted by having a high max magika? ie. hardend ward.

Most magicka based skills with dmg/healing competent scale off max magicka and spell dmg.
    Hardened Ward, Harness Magicka, Healing Ward shield and pets are the exception because they only scale off max magicka.

Ofc there are some exceptions like Igneous Shield (DK) and Blazing Shield (Templar) which costs magicka to cast but scale off max health.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Actually it is possible. My dunmer dk has a bit over 40k magicka on my main bar using julianus + willpower and with a monster set that provides max hp like nerien'eth or skoria I'm above 18k hp. You just need 501 cp, v15 hp + magicka food, v16 gear with legendary magicka enchantments and magelight.
    Edited by lolo_01b16_ESO on April 22, 2016 11:33AM
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be nub
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)