Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood: First Look"

• TatsukageX
    TatsukageX
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno excuse me for asking this, but why is PvP so ignored? I mean am I the only one here disappointed that the "Dark Brotherhood DLC" isn't bringing some form of mini PvP? like 1v1, 2v2, 3v3? or a PvP bounty system? HELLO! THE DB IS A CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING CRIMINAL TO PLAY IT RIGHT, LIKE KILL OTHER PLAYERS?

doesn't anyone agree with me? I love ESO but the only reason I don't play much is that there is only one option for PvP, I am a PvP oriented player and this sadness is making me miss Azeroth...I used to rock the battle grounds and arenas there.
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TatsukageX You are not the only one this would of been the perfect dlc to introduce arena/dueling, the districts pvp is nice but not enough imo
    Edited by darkstar2084 on April 20, 2016 4:30PM
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    No new 4-man dungeons? :(
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eshelmen wrote: »
    Excellent post and a great amount of details to tease us with. Thank you.

My question is for the crafting bags.Are these limited? What's the max items they can hold? And will you guys finally allow siege equipment to stack now too?

Crafting bags-- Rich Lambert talks briefly about these in a recent ESO Live. From what he said, I expect that if you pick up any item that normally goes into the crafting subcategory in your inventory, it automatically goes into this bag, and is automatically shared with all your characters, and doesn't affect your character's carrying capacity.

Though it can't really be unlimited, right? Because I can see people having thousands of stacks of iron ingots, for example.Maybe you can only have a few stacks of any particular ingredient. Clarification here would be nice.
    Edited by Saltypretzels on April 20, 2016 4:33PM
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    TatsukageX wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno excuse me for asking this, but why is PvP so ignored? I mean am I the only one here disappointed that the "Dark Brotherhood DLC" isn't bringing some form of mini PvP? like 1v1, 2v2, 3v3? or a PvP bounty system? HELLO! THE DB IS A CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING CRIMINAL TO PLAY IT RIGHT, LIKE KILL OTHER PLAYERS?

doesn't anyone agree with me? I love ESO but the only reason I don't play much is that there is only one option for PvP, I am a PvP oriented player and this sadness is making me miss Azeroth...I used to rock the battle grounds and arenas there.

Agreed I really though there might be assassination bounties in PVP. Though I guess it would be hard to implement cause the player could just hide until the time wore off or get killed by another player before you could figure out where they were. The DB is looking like TG clone which is disappointing .
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I hope district capture is for all districts and not just 3...

Why would you even think 3? Do you know something?
  • reften
    reften
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Fasold666 wrote: »
    Still no pvp-update, nice!

You seen the IC stuff.. right?

IC is 95% PvE.

PvP'ers are leaving because of lag and lack of content.

This is another PvE update. That's fine, will continue to wait and play other games in theh opes that some day the lag is fixed
    Reften
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Moonlight Crew (RIP), Misfitz (RIP), Victorem Guild

VR16 NB, Stam build, Max all crafts.

Azuras & Trueflame. Mostly PvP, No alts.

Semi-retired till the lag is fixed.

Love the Packers, Bourbon, and ESO...one of those will eventually kill me.
  • Gridian
    Gridian
    Soul Shriven
    Hats! xD

Seriously though, this sounds like an awesome update. It seems that I chose the perfect time to end my over-a-year-absence and return to Tamriel.

Yours,

Gridian
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am excited, because that almost looked like an assassination animation there. And if they can add those (the lack of one-shot finishers in this game sometimes hurts my little killer's feelings), then they might one day go full bore and add epic finishers for regular combat. Oh, how I miss the slow-motion in the head!

Unifying the inventory system (particularly for consoles) to use a left and right bumper control scheme, and auto-minimizing sub-categories so that we don't have to scroll through a million items to find that one woodworking upgrade material while we're trying to dump it in the bank? That would be nice icing on the cake.

As far as what many posters have said, I would love if the next expansion was focused on small-scale PvP. We get it. The lag generated by large scale battles between so many combatants is really pushing your playerbase away, but it's also part of your selling point. Don't ignore that. Just add small objective based battles with limtied teams of opponents. It's in ADDITION to what we currently have, not replacing it.

I don't know if I like fights with less than 4v4, but some 4v4v4 or 12v12 should be easy to handle, right?
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this, but I am curious about if anyone can say for sure, is the Gold Coast going to be a part of the Cyrodiil open world PvP zone? Or, is it going to be its own PvE instance zone like Hew's Bane and Orisinium?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    reften wrote: »

IC is 95% PvE.

This is another PvE update. That's fine, will continue to wait and play other games in theh opes that some day the lag is fixed

District capture isn't satisfactory because ?
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • TatsukageX
    TatsukageX
    Soul Shriven
    @darkstar2084 true. massive RvR might not be perfect for everyone and I really hope ZoS don't miss their chance on this one.
    Agreed I really though there might be assassination bounties in PVP. Though I guess it would be hard to implement cause the player could just hide until the time wore off or get killed by another player before you could figure out where they were. The DB is looking like TG clone which is disappointing .

@SpazzmanNDQ well, of course anything that limits player freedom is not good but there is an unlimited number of solutions and we can be creative about it.

for example, PvP On/Off toggle:
    if you turn it on then you can attack other players except when inside major cities...but that will also make you open for being attacked by other players. if you kill/damage any player then a counter starts let's say at 72 hours untill you can turn off PvP again.

as for bounties, they should not be open to all players, but when accepted it should appear as a quest and on the map you can see a highlighted area to search for your target and YOU only can kill that player to receive the bounty. once a player is killed by a bounty hunter their PvP will be toggled off automatically and if they were killed by random players (not the bounty hunter) then PvP will remain ON and the counter will continue...that's a trade off a PvPer has to make to be able to kill other players.
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    AWESOMEEE!!!
    shepard.gif
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • SpazzmanNDQ

IC is 95% PvE.

I'm not even sure I understand what they mean like how would you capture the arena district for instance. All three factions have spawn points on top of sewer entrances and the doors leading to other districts. How exactly do you defend it from other factions. There are already arena district battles so is this their way of capitalizzing on something that happened organically and trying to give it a name?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope district capture is for all districts and not just 3...
    Why would you even think 3? Do you know something?
    The original design for Imperial City featured three captureable districts: Memorial, Arboretum, and Nobles. Control of the district would regulate access to the crafting site within, as well as providing numerous bonuses. (But the original design for Imperial City contained a lot of things that never came to be; @Dominoid can probably link you to his datamining efforts which contains all this info.) If they are only implementing district capture as originally designed, then it will only be 3 districts. But I am hoping that they have redesigned it like they redesigned the rest of Imperial City (which is quite likely), so there is provision for it being different from the original design. But even with a redesign of the capture system mechanics, they may or may not have kept the setup where only three of the districts can be captured.

Edited by Enodoc on April 20, 2016 4:50PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i didnt see anything about race change/barber shop.
    does this mean that wont be offered in DB?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TatsukageX wrote: »
    @darkstar2084 true. massive RvR might not be perfect for everyone and I really hope ZoS don't miss their chance on this one.

@SpazzmanNDQ well, of course anything that limits player freedom is not good but there is an unlimited number of solutions and we can be creative about it.

for example, PvP On/Off toggle:
    if you turn it on then you can attack other players except when inside major cities...but that will also make you open for being attacked by other players. if you kill/damage any player then a counter starts let's say at 72 hours untill you can turn off PvP again.

as for bounties, they should not be open to all players, but when accepted it should appear as a quest and on the map you can see a highlighted area to search for your target and YOU only can kill that player to receive the bounty. once a player is killed by a bounty hunter their PvP will be toggled off automatically and if they were killed by random players (not the bounty hunter) then PvP will remain ON and the counter will continue...that's a trade off a PvPer has to make to be able to kill other players.

No. Just like with the justice system this is ripe for grief. As they said numerous times from now on PVP will remain in designated areas (i.e. cyrodill and IC which is in cyrodill). You will be killing NPCs. If you want to kill players there are already bounties in cyrodill for that.
  • wildbear247
    wildbear247
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Umm, why will we have to spend additional money for motif previews?! This is to be in the crown store... you got to be kidding me. This should be implemented within base game patch... Or do I misunderstand something?

To clarify, you'll be able to preview what a motif from the Crown Store looks like on your character before you purchase it.

Surely this will eventually lead to a true crafting preview at the crafting stations . . . .

Yes please...this would be a cool feature.

I like the base game patch changes. The item trait changes could help reduce some grind which would be great. Would be really cool to have a new rare material that you can use to change the trait of an item (e.g. perhaps a material that is created by combining 2 tempering alloys, 2 dreugh wax, and 2 rosin).
    Edited by wildbear247 on April 20, 2016 4:53PM
    PC NA
    The Ironwood Clan (all DC): Karbal Ironwood (Stamblade, PvP); Galtan Ironwood (Magblade, crafter, PvE, some PvP)

MY #1 ESO REQUEST: An overhauled way in which ZOS gathers, assesses, responds to, and incorporates player feedback on the current and future state of the game.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

IC is 95% PvE.

I'm not even sure I understand what they mean like how would you capture the arena district for instance. All three factions have spawn points on top of sewer entrances and the doors leading to other districts. How exactly do you defend it from other factions. There are already arena district battles so is this their way of capitalizzing on something that happened organically and trying to give it a name?

This is the beauty of it, I am excited to see what they have came up with. Also what is the consequence of claiming a district for other factions.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • TatsukageX
    TatsukageX
    Soul Shriven

No. Just like with the justice system this is ripe for grief. As they said numerous times from now on PVP will remain in designated areas (i.e. cyrodill and IC which is in cyrodill). You will be killing NPCs. If you want to kill players there are already bounties in cyrodill for that.

No issue, PvP mini games then? a team guarding a target while another is on an assassination mission? or anything else...we need more PvP content....I am one of those who suffer huge lag in Cyrodill most of the time I have a BEAST of a computer and a good connection but massive PvP doesn't work for me.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ghostbane @SpazzmanNDQ If you're interested in how district capture could work, see my thread on District Control. If you're interested in how ZOS originally designed district capture, back before Tamriel Unlimited, search for @Dominoid 's datamining info.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • LearnThis
    LearnThis
    ✭✭✭
    YES! Base game patch!
    PSN: LearnThis
    Bosmer Nightblade (Master Crafting, everything researched)
    Dunmer Dragonknight
    Breton Nightblade
    Breton Mage
    Argonian Templar
    Norn Dragonknight
    High Elf Dragonknight

Champion Points are capped

~I have completed Cadwell's Silver six times and Gold four times... Please do not tell me about the experience of leveling.~
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khamira wrote: »
    AWESOMEEE!!!
    shepard.gif

am I the only one creeped out by this?? it is just awful.
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    This excites me. I'm excited now.
  • mrs_gibbs
    mrs_gibbs
    ✭✭✭
    I am super excited for the base game patch. Lots of things people have asked for. Good job ZOS!

I'm most excited for "Item locking to help prevent accidental deconstruction of your most valuable items."

• Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let this be better than TG.

Hopefully we won't get another completely useless skill line like that in TG.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epic sounding update but what about console text chat, dueling and cyrodiil town capture?
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • GrumpStump
    GrumpStump
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ready!!!!!

GrumpStump
    ESO+ Subbed until December 2019
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zeni I really need to change my nightblade's race to imperial! Promise me race change pls :neutral:
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Size-wise, the Gold Coast should be much bigger than Hew's Bane. I'm hoping that because of this, the Gold Coast will have its own storyline separate from the Dark Brotherhood story. The region is too big for its content to be entirely DB-centred. Hew's Bane, conversely, wasn't really big enough for its own storyline, and most of the TG story didn't leave Abah's Landing (and when it did, it was to the rest of Tamriel or its own instances).

I do hope so as well!

But, hmm this is so exciting, can't wait to hear more details about the DLC soon :)
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay