Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sets

SlySnyderJ
I saw that when I was making items of a set for the bonus it makes the item bind. Is there a way to sell or trade set items?

Best Answer

• EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crafted sets shouldn't bind when you craft it.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • SlySnyderJ
    So once I craft it I can't sell them or even trade themy to a friend
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    They do not bind to you when you craft them. They do not bind to you until you dye them i believe.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SlySnyderJ wrote: »

Are you trying them on first? That's the only thing that should bind the gear to your account. I've crafted tons of set pieces and traded them to other players.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • SlySnyderJ
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    SlySnyderJ wrote: »

Are you trying them on first? That's the only thing that should bind the gear to your account. I've crafted tons of set pieces and traded them to other players.

No I'm not putting them on that's basically just what I was wondering
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looted sets: there are 2 kinds:
    Bind on Pickup (you can never sell these)
    Bind on Equipt - you can sell these, upgrade etc. without any problems, but once you equipt/wear it then it becomes bound to your account and can no longer be sold.

Craftable sets there is only 1 kind:
    Bind on Equipt - you can sell these if you craft them, upgrade etc. but once you equipt/wear it then it becomes bound to your account and can no longer be sold.

Craftable & lootable gear + stolen clothes that are laundered that is not part of a set:
    If you dye it, it becomes bound to your account, but if you don't dye it then it remains tradeable.