Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Provisioning and selling

Gorilla
Gorilla
✭✭✭

Is it viable to make some gold selling blue provisioned goods? I maxed out my provisioning recently and have a lot of mats. Just wondering if and what sells.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Is it viable to make some gold selling blue provisioned goods? I maxed out my provisioning recently and have a lot of mats. Just wondering if and what sells.

How much gold do you want to make?

I regularly make green provisioning items at the top 2 levels and just sell them to a merchant. You get 5 gold an item. If you use 10 gold worth of mats and have the passive to produce 4 items, you essentially double your money.

The important detail is that you want to be on PC so that you can use an addon that will craft multiple items automatically so you don't have to keep pressing the action button. Your provisioner will just do their magic 50 times just by pressing the right mouse button. While waiting, you can watch a movie or do your taxes.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Am console but patient...your comment did make me laugh, tho.

I don't want millions...just want to max out bag and bank spaces, the occasional purchase, etc.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling food and drinks to other players is sorta hit and miss.

I'm making more money by turning my excess mats into green VR10+ food/drinks (2 ingredients) and just selling them to NPC vendors.

I did a batch yesterday and made 30k gold from it ...
    chowtime.gif

PS: Probably should mention, i'm swimming in mats with all 8 of my characters at level 50 for provisioning and 3/3 into hirelings
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    @SirAndy 8/8 ain't bad ;) But, it's an idea. Thanks.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I regularly sell 5x v5-v15 blue food for 800g-1000g via traders so yeah, there's money and great profit to be made just not a significant amount.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only have 1 provisioning hireling, despite having lvl'ed all crafts up. I sometimes get purple mats and that satisfy my needs.

I store the other materials I gain on a mule char, and when my inventory gets full I sell them in 200 stacks for 900g-2k through my guildstores.

The Orzorga recipes and psijic ambrocia sells good in stores, but the profit from other foods & drinks are low, so it's a money loss for me to fill up my 30 guildstore slots with food and drinks, instead of just selling other things with higher profit ...such as Repora (v16 additive potency rune).