The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If your account was wiped would you start over ?

• Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd thank Zeni for the giving back of my life.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • GrimlyJr
    GrimlyJr
    Skyshards, CP, and most of all crafting research.... So no. Not ever.

Wouldn't mind a way to replay quests though.
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a second Xbox One and my own little tv on Black Friday just to play this game after watching my boyfriend play.... BUUTTT.....

....It's the research, horse training, and oh thank you rngeezus gold motifs you found and learned, but will never be that lucky again thing that makes me say no. New characters? Sure... CP and skyshards Ok... If they gave away free motif packs, horse training scrolls, and a research tweak as recompense then I would keep playing....maybe forever.

If not I would use my Xbox to watch Netflix and hand my soul over to be time-sucked by something else.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    absolutely no chance in hell
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing crafting research (having to farm norm again.....) and 6 months to level a freaking horse again......not sure I could stomach it. I love the game overall but those 2 things get to me. If I did. I probably wouldn't have 8 characters again.
    Edited by Katahdin on April 1, 2016 12:20PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nonsense question since Zos could restore much of our account.

Zos, please close or even remove this thread to keep the forums focused on real or even quasi real topics.
    Edited by idk on April 1, 2016 12:26PM
  • x_t7ink_x
    x_t7ink_x
    ✭✭✭
    After I'd finished crying in the corner by myself, i'd consider making one for the social and pvp/sewers.

PVE no chance too much invested in gear, potions, skills etc. My beautiful master craft 9 traits alone would give me a nervous twitch for life!

Be interested to see this in a vote pole :)
    PS4 EU AD

Vet 16 DK High Elf Tank
    Vet 16 Templar High Elf
    Vet 2 Sorc High Elf
    Vet 1 Mageblade Breton
    Baby Stamplar Redguard
    Baby Stamblade R.I.P.

'If your looking for Whit, I'd say you're half way there''

Raiders of the Lost Maw GM - http://raidersofthelostmaw.wix.com/home
    - https://www.facebook.com/groups/253838968292827/
    Community Page owner 1.2k members - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElderScrollsOnlinePS4EU/
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I already got 2nd account which ofc has none of the goodies my main account has. Its purely to give me fresh "new comer" perspective and feel to the game and ofc more characters ;)

Would I start again.. yes!
    Would it feel bad if I lose my main account completely.. OH YES :(

This. Definitely this. But I'd stay and keep playing. While having maxed characters is fun, so is playing with guildmates. The characters would eventually get back to where they are now.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm not going to grind thru all that content, research everything and collect all those skyshards, lorebooks, achievement, etc. again.
    I still have my old Final Fantasy 14 account waiting around for the day I return and if my account on ESO ever got deleted, I'd return to that game in a heatbeat.

See to me playing the content and doing the achievements is why I login. I always scratch my head at people who consider the awesome storyline and the achievements per character as some kind of bad thing. Like they dont really want to play a mmo they want to play like call of duty or something where you dont have to bother with leveling or gear. Thats not how mmos are tho.

There's a difference between playing the content and replaying it. I've replayed the entire story on several character just to get the skill points and skyshards in every location and I'm just tired of it. Most of my time nowadays is spent farming motifs and attempting to clear vMoL, not replaying content that I've already cleared so having to do it all over again because my account was deleted or something would be the breaking point for me. Then, there's all the research time for crafting, CP grinding, etc that I'd have to do all over again.

No. I enjoyed the game and still enjoy it but not enough to justify doing all that content and grinding again.
    Argonian forever
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left 2 mil in gold and bout 3 mil in mats behind when I switched to console from PC. So yeah, I'd start over again. If players weren't so rushed toward endgame all the time, the experience would be much more enjoyable....at any stage of the game.

• crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, I may get a new noon and travel around, but I will never level him/her.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, I'm not going to grind thru all that content, research everything and collect all those skyshards, lorebooks, achievement, etc. again.
    I still have my old Final Fantasy 14 account waiting around for the day I return and if my account on ESO ever got deleted, I'd return to that game in a heatbeat.

See to me playing the content and doing the achievements is why I login. I always scratch my head at people who consider the awesome storyline and the achievements per character as some kind of bad thing. Like they dont really want to play a mmo they want to play like call of duty or something where you dont have to bother with leveling or gear. Thats not how mmos are tho.

There's a difference between playing the content and replaying it. I've replayed the entire story on several character just to get the skill points and skyshards in every location and I'm just tired of it. Most of my time nowadays is spent farming motifs and attempting to clear vMoL, not replaying content that I've already cleared so having to do it all over again because my account was deleted or something would be the breaking point for me. Then, there's all the research time for crafting, CP grinding, etc that I'd have to do all over again.

No. I enjoyed the game and still enjoy it but not enough to justify doing all that content and grinding again.

I guess to me doing the content is why I play this.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be all...
    60262332.jpg
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello no!!!!!!!!

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting a character to V16 wouldn't be the problem.

Like others have stated there are a few HUGE time sinks in this game.

Trait research, certain motifs/styles, building up a good amount of materials for all crafts...

If it was everyone? Maybe. Just me? Forget it.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started over once it was nice and refreshing. A bit tedious getting traits researched again. But overall a good experience.

Many quests and areas were changed and the game mechanics were basically rewritten, so it was fine to start anew.

However, not sure I would do it again from scratch. It's a very long road and I am not sure I have the strength to do it again.
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    I would see if i could get them back,but if not I'd just delete ESO and be done with it.
  • VShane
    VShane
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, no way no how. Hell I haven't played ESO in about 4 months cause I got sick of Caldwells silver/gold shite. I pop in, do the horse thing, pop out. Played some BDO, got to about 40th lvl, losing interest quickly. I think its just me. Have about 5 MMO games I played/invested in from comic to fantasy to Sci Fi, that I keep updated (heck I still update LOTRO and SWTOR) JUST in case I get that BUG to get that feeling of non goal adventure.

But no, I wouldn't recreate everything I have done on 10 characters, nope nope nope
  • Sharakor
    Sharakor
    ✭✭✭
    Pro tip: Don't bot or use hacks bye no one's gonna miss your iron ore
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    I would want my stuff and chars back of course, but i imagine it impossible unless showing videos and screen shots you have collected during play to prove of things u had.

At the very least i would show my billing history for my crowns back if content was gone too.

If not i doubt id play with out any sort of compensations that says we are sorry we f****kd up and we love you.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally.

I would cry for loss of bag space and costumes / pets / mounts ... and the crafting grind.... but yeah. I'd totally start over.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no , the game play just is not compelling enough to make me want to repeat the leveling experience .

Haven't even finished it yet
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    Probably. I've been playing pretty consistently for almost a year on Xbox one, and at one point a few months ago, after being less than thrilled with my characters, I decided to do it myself and revamp my approach to everything after a brief hiatus.
    That said, I'd be a bit upset if I lost my current characters. All the trait research I've done on my main alone would give me pause, but I would still likely start fresh again, after a hiatus again though - would need a mourning period.
  • theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I'd go back to playing The Sims or maybe break down and give Black Desert Online a shot while waiting for Conan Exiles.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 6 years of grief, yes, I would start again.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.