The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If your account was wiped would you start over ?

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I would bother CS with ENDLESS tickets PM @ZOS_GinaBruno every day and threaten lawsuits (possibly not a threat if they drag their feet) for lost paid for content until they remade my account.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No I would bother CS with ENDLESS tickets PM @ZOS_GinaBruno every day and threaten lawsuits (possibly not a threat if they drag their feet) for lost paid for content until they remade my account.

I bet a lawyer would get a huge laugh out of that lawsuit. Hopefully you are being sarcastic tho. :)
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I bet a lawyer would get a huge laugh out of that lawsuit. Hopefully you are being sarcastic tho. :)

Anything is possible. If I remember correctly, two players tried to sue Rockstar when the multiplayer side of gta 5 was delayed by a couple of weeks.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've done it before, albeit with only a few months of beta progress, not 2 years. My gut reaction is I would walk away. But the more I think about it, there are a few things I might want to do different if I had to do over, so maybe?
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

Anything is possible. If I remember correctly, two players tried to sue Rockstar when the multiplayer side of gta 5 was delayed by a couple of weeks.

Keyword "tried". Zenimax has a bunch of lawyers on retainer. A player would have to foot the bill up front because most likely they will lose. Lawyers dont work for free upfront unless there is guaranteed money involved.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I've done it before, albeit with only a few months of beta progress, not 2 years. My gut reaction is I would walk away. But the more I think about it, there are a few things I might want to do different if I had to do over, so maybe?

Im half tempted to start a new character with all the lorebooks and stuff i missed that I cant go back and get now.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just play on the PTS with V16 Template character. No way I'm going through that grind again!
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Keyword "tried". Zenimax has a bunch of lawyers on retainer. A player would have to foot the bill up front because most likely they will lose. Lawyers dont work for free upfront unless there is guaranteed money involved.

speaking of suing

http://www.pcgamer.com/man-sues-bethesda-over-fallout-4-addiction/

Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a lawyer, and you have no idea of what people go to court for. I saw people being sued because of $15, and anyone who plays ESO most likely spent more than that (unless they picked up the base game really cheap).

But it would depend on your local laws, really. Here in my country, they actually could win a case like that because of the money and the time they spent on the game.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

I'm a lawyer, and you have no idea of what people go to court for. I saw people being sued because of $15, and anyone who plays ESO most likely spent more than that (unless they picked up the base game really cheap).

But it would depend on your local laws, really. Here in my country, they actually could win a case like that because of the money and the time they spent on the game.

I doubt you are a lawyer #1. #2 this isnt small claims court. This is the big leagues. Which makes me revert back to my first statement.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    120+ days played and over 14.5k Achievements ..... hell to the no lol
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not. Three years of work and collecting items gone means I am gone too. This is my first MMO and most likely my last. I am already passed the normal continuous span of time I spent on any previous game. I own plenty of great games, there are plenty of great new releases and I am happy playing my favored classics so if I was not on ESO my gaming would not miss a beat.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt you are a lawyer #1. #2 this isnt small claims court. This is the big leagues. Which makes me revert back to my first statement.

I am, and studying to be a judge, actually (we make a five-part test here to be a judge, it is not a career). Just not in the USA, so I can't say that they would have a chance there. All I said if there it does happen here. And that would be a curious case, if someone from here was affected by that "wipe" and decided to sue, because we consider the place of the lawsuit the place where the costumer lives in cases regarding what we call "adherence contracts" (rough translation, but it is when you can't sit down with the other part, ZOS on this case, to discuss the clauses, you just take it or leave it). I wonder how that would clash with the USA laws regarding something like this.

About it being a small claims court or not depends on the "value of the cause", which can easily surpass the small claims court limit when what we call "moral damage" (rough translation) is included, but will be severely under it (again, HERE) if the person doesn't ask for "moral damage", unless they spent over $8,000.00 on the game, it would be a case for the small claims court here.

Edit: Sorry, got the exchange rate wrong and so the value wrong. Corrected.

Edit 2: Also, might I ask why you doubt that I'm a lawyer? Is it because of my English? It is not my first language obviously, and I'm trying to improve. Lawyers of different countries speak different languages, hehe.
    Edited by Abeille on March 31, 2016 11:50PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like making characters but I don't know if I would be able to have my main become this guy again-

MMOlvl1_2_zpsxyauhpjo.jpg
    Edited by waterfairy on March 31, 2016 11:37PM
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You really think people can't sue zenimax in a country were people win cases against big chain restaurants for hot drinks labeled with "caution hot" on the cover being "too hot" or the word "god" being in a school motto landing waves in the media. if I can't sue at least starting a media wave will put pressure on Zenimax
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

speaking of suing

Well,this was also said:
    "I should also probably point out that this is a hard one to verify, as the only English-language source I've run across is RT, and as we all know, unexpected things can sometimes happen in a Google translation."

And also this:
    "Of course, the whole thing is patently ridiculous. I mean, three weeks? I'll probably spend half that much time on the character creation screen."

So it isnt a done deal or anything.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though I like this game I would cut my losses and quit if I lose my account and had to start over. I remember I was playing Skyrim hardcore since it came out and then Dragonborn came out. I was so excited and then my hard drive failed and I lost all of my data on the game. I tried playing Skyrim again but it did not have the same feeling and I could not get back into it. So it would the same here.
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind I guess.. Maybe as long as I can keep my champion points maybe.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only way I'd restart is if the game went classless and skills were defined by some other means in the opening quest (like other TES titles).
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind I guess.. Maybe as long as I can keep my champion points maybe.

That's actually a good point that I haven't considered. Do we get to keep our champion points? Like, is it just a character delete?

Either way, I would probably take a break for a couple of months before starting over. But eventually I would start over. Knowing this, I would re-make all my characters before taking this break so I can keep the names I used before the wipe.

Meet my characters:

• Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've started over so many times but the research thing that would be hard. I would have to insist (beg/cry/have hysterics?) research time be gifted to those who lost it.
    Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
    Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
    Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
    Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
    Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
    Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
    Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
    Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Only way I'd restart is if the game went classless and skills were defined by some other means in the opening quest (like other TES titles).

Well Elder scrolls had classes from Elder Scrolls II to IV. So I would not say that Elder scrolls in general is classless.
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    no , the game play just is not compelling enough to make me want to repeat the leveling experience .

The game play has gotten so uninteresting to me I consider it to be worse then WoW from cataclysm to present.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You really think people can't sue zenimax in a country were people win cases against big chain restaurants for hot drinks labeled with "caution hot" on the cover being "too hot" or the word "god" being in a school motto landing waves in the media. if I can't sue at least starting a media wave will put pressure on Zenimax

Show me even one case that was successful where someone sued a company for their characters being wiped.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

speaking of suing

Well,this was also said:
    "I should also probably point out that this is a hard one to verify, as the only English-language source I've run across is RT, and as we all know, unexpected things can sometimes happen in a Google translation."

And also this:
    "Of course, the whole thing is patently ridiculous. I mean, three weeks? I'll probably spend half that much time on the character creation screen."

So it isnt a done deal or anything.

Isnt a done deal? It isnt even started.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no , the game play just is not compelling enough to make me want to repeat the leveling experience .

The game play has gotten so uninteresting to me I consider it to be worse then WoW from cataclysm to present.

But,..you still play it,..right? And post here too?
    Oh,and WoW isnt a bad game.It's better than the Neanderthal's in Guild Wars.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lxLhfNl.gif
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭

I have tried to get into playing but as I said the game play is just not that compelling to me .

I post here hoping that ZOS might actually realize making things to simple is not good for the game .

I played WoW from Nov 2004 to the release of MoP , I left because they made the game play uninteresting to me .

If I find another game that has some potential to grab my interest I'll stop posting here and playing.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have tried to get into playing but as I said the game play is just not that compelling to me .

I post here hoping that ZOS might actually realize making things to simple is not good for the game .

I played WoW from Nov 2004 to the release of MoP , I left because they made the game play uninteresting to me .

If I find another game that has some potential to grab my interest I'll stop posting here and playing.

I can underastand your feelings about WoW.
    This sort of thing does tend to be a problem.At one point most people get tired of a game and will go on to others.No one game seems to hold their attention for too long.Having said that,I have been playing ESO since the beginning,and for some reason,still find it a lot of fun. I'm a pretty stable player,in that I stick to a game for years.Heck,I still play Morrowind,for heaven's sake.:}
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to buy the game again plus all of the stuff I have spent crowns on over time, then no because I would be pretty angry that they suddenly didn't recognize my existence (and too concerned about losing more money if it is something that could happen again). However, if it was just a character wipe, leaving my account the same but empty, I would have no problem starting over.
    Edited by Annalyse on April 1, 2016 12:41AM