The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(VIDEO) - Magica Sorcerer 46.5k mag Destro Staff Build Guide, Great Sustain

• Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run kags and archmage, 36-39k magicka, 1200+ recovery and 3500 spell damage.

So i guess it comes down to whats better for damage? 3500 spell damage or 46k magicka?

Also, you say spell erosion isnt as good as it was. I heard 1 point is equivalent to 9 points before the TG update.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »

So i guess it comes down to whats better for damage? 3500 spell damage or 46k magicka?

Also, you say spell erosion isnt as good as it was. I heard 1 point is equivalent to 9 points before the TG update.

You can see his frag tooltip in the video and compare to yours. It is important to note that magika plays a greater role than just damage since his hardened ward is over 12k while yours is probably just around 10k. Harness also scales to magika, meaning stacking one stat gives you very strong offense and defense(especially in the current magika heavy meta). There's no question his build is superior to what you're running mathematically. Stronger defense, more sustain, and very similar damage.

Also, are you running dual wield? You lose so much utility that way, you can see his build has a lot of things to counter reflect since that's his biggest possible weakness.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 30, 2016 3:40PM
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Wrath wrote: »

Now that you put it like that, I'm thinking about it - and I'd rephrase that not even 5% of that passive (in its former form) would be worthwhile compared to 5% more damage to shields overall.

46k magica, 3500 spell damage. I don't think you can run 3.5k spell damage on destro and have great sustain. The most I got was about 3.1k buffed with 1.6k regen max, but only 41k or so magica. On the other hand, if you go 46.5k magica and 2.5k spell damage, you can go higher shields and more regen + cost reduction with seducer. I noticed my sustain improved 2 times when I swapped julianos+atronach for seducer+mage.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LegendaryMage If you ran this build on a Breton, would there be diminishing returns on cost reduction?

Would you take some of the cost reduction CP and put into Tumbling? Or would you go into magicka regen to make up for the High Elf passive?
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. LegendaryMage
      LegendaryMage
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      @LegendaryMage If you ran this build on a Breton, would there be diminishing returns on cost reduction?

Would you take some of the cost reduction CP and put into Tumbling? Or would you go into magicka regen to make up for the High Elf passive?

I'm not sure really about cost reduction diminishing returns, but there probably is a 'border' where it makes more sense to start pushing regen, so as a Breton with 3% more of it, I'd probably take away a bit from cp one and put into regen instead, to try and achieve the same as altmer. So maybe 9% cost reduction in CP, and bit more regen.

Tumbling, I usually keep it at 5% and stamina regen at 10%. That feels optimal to me, without spending too much there.