The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(VIDEO) - Magica Sorcerer 46.5k mag Destro Staff Build Guide, Great Sustain

LegendaryMage
LegendaryMage
✭✭✭✭✭
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oooooo haven't watched it yet, but am looking forward to seeing your work.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see so many sorcs running atro (well, just you and german actually), do you find that even with all the counters available people don't bother to use them? I see a sorc drop an atro and I immediately smile because I know he no longer has the burst to get through my shield stack, especially since the atro can be CC'ed, interrupted, and just feeds free magika to anyone who casts harness.
    @LegendaryMage @Mythk tell me the secrets of the atro!
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that don't want to watch the video:

The setup is 3 willpower jewelry all spell damage enchants, 5 seducer, 3 magnus.

Big armor pieces have infused, and he's using the mage mundus for more max magicka.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HIgh magicka, yes, but that magicka recovery is abyssmaly low.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And here I am sitting around as a khajiit and at least 4k less magicka. Thanks zos.
    Thought about a very similar build, but running Maelstrom destro I will probably never ever get and huge amount of magicka, but khajiit doesn´t exactly support that. :/
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »

That's plenty, I don't run seducer, have similar magika recovery and NEVER run OOM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    And here I am sitting around as a khajiit and at least 4k less magicka. Thanks zos.
    Thought about a very similar build, but running Maelstrom destro I will probably never ever get and huge amount of magicka, but khajiit doesn´t exactly support that. :/

It would not be 4k less. The 10% buff to magicka is to base magicka. So assuming this person is getting 10% from High Elf, 6% from Undaunted Mettle, 7% from Inner Light, 2% from Entropy, 2% from Ice Comet, and 18% from Champion Points, that is a total buff of 45%. A Khajiit running same build would have a magicka buff of 35%. Thus, a Khajiit would have about 43.3k magicka. Which is still a heckuva lot of magicka! No one is losing in PvP because they "only" have 43.3k magicka! Put on Bound Aegis (which I don't think this build is using) and your Khajiit would end up with more magicka than this High Elf!
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

It would not be 4k less. The 10% buff to magicka is to base magicka. So assuming this person is getting 10% from High Elf, 6% from Undaunted Mettle, 7% from Inner Light, 2% from Entropy, 2% from Ice Comet, and 18% from Champion Points, that is a total buff of 45%. A Khajiit running same build would have a magicka buff of 35%. Thus, a Khajiit would have about 43.3k magicka. Which is still a heckuva lot of magicka! No one is losing in PvP because they "only" have 43.3k magicka! Put on Bound Aegis (which I don't think this build is using) and your Khajiit would end up with more magicka than this High Elf!

I´m not running a sorc for your information.
    3k or 4k Magicka, who cares - it´s a huge difference. Checking it with my planned build it would be a difference of 3.564 Magicka.
    Khajiit offers nothing to magicka builds and that´s my point. So.. thanks zos.

- Meow -
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3k or 4k Magicka, who cares - it´s a huge difference. Checking it with my planned build it would be a difference of 3.564 Magicka.

Ask the Nord what he is doing. xD He supports nothing, not even tankiness.
    Edited by Mumyo on March 29, 2016 9:21PM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hey you have clouding swarm for more spelldamage :trollface::trollface:
    EU | PC
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I see so many sorcs running atro (well, just you and german actually), do you find that even with all the counters available people don't bother to use them? I see a sorc drop an atro and I immediately smile because I know he no longer has the burst to get through my shield stack, especially since the atro can be CC'ed, interrupted, and just feeds free magika to anyone who casts harness.

It depends really. I almost never use it versus other magica opponents, unless I'm canceling someone else's atronach to keep doing pressure on them.

Other than that, atronach is the most useful sorcerer ultimate in outnumbered situations (in my opinion), so I'll either use it there to create a barricade if I'm in open field, or make it harder for people to do anything if we're in closed corridors (it shines in the districts, and probably even messes with people's camera angles, since I often get weird angles myself). It has its uses definitely, I can't say why other sorcs use it, but probably something similar.

I personally do not expect to 'kill' anyone with the atronach, it's just a utility ultimate for me (mostly). I also often use it versus stamina people, if and when it's time to get more sustain and resources, as it enables me to maneuver and recharge both magica and stamina should I have to. If they keep 'chasing you' around it, they put themselves in danger of dying as the steady dot can do decent damage over the course of its duration (full one, greater version).
    olsborg wrote: »

It's unbuffed, buffed about 1.7k and when you consider that we're using seducer for additional 8% cost reduction, as well as 12% in the champion system, spells are very cheap (so you need less magica regen to regenerate your pool over time). Cost reduction is still a good thing, I'm surprised a lot of sorcs aren't utilizing this to its potential. Maybe that's why so many complain about 'magica issues' even though they're at 2k or so regen. ;)

Add in occasional 'free spells' with the foresight passive (daedric mines?) and sustain is really not a problem. I've had lots of epic battles today in the temple district, you'll see me last for a long time against many opponents, that proves it's enough if built right with enough cost reduction.

You have other passives that I do not, and if I am to switch to a stamina sorcerer (as I have in the past for a couple of months) I can only look at my altmer passives and wonder how much stronger my character would be if I was (for example) a redguard, or also khajiit.
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was a good point about the usefulness of the CP star against shields...
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also a big fan of atronach in pvp, mainly for the chaos it can cause or add to. The aoe cc and damage is ok. It's very useful combined with other ultis in a bomb, especially if the enemy group has already started to take damage. It can split blobs and help you take flags or make it (slightly) harder for enemies to take flags. It can help you take ground in stale open battles. When outnumbered it can be something to help you stand your ground combined with mines, and also be something to hide behind. It is a bit surprising how few people know you can cc it, more people just try and tank it with various degrees of success. Also I can't confirm whether the atronach's channel is considered a dot but I'm assuming it is and therefore can double-dip like other dots. Also it's a sorc skill so adds 2% to your spell damage if slotted. Downside is the larger the fight the less useful it is imo.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on March 30, 2016 5:58AM
    PC | EU
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

3.564 max magicka equals roughly 341 spell dmg, in therms of dmg increase.
    This is more than the 5pc spell dmg bonus from Julianos, just from a racial passive.

My Bosmer magBlade has the same issue, even with legendary gear and enchants my max magicka is still relative low. The only benefit is that you get 10% bonus dmg from stealth.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

3.564 max magicka equals roughly 341 spell dmg, in therms of dmg increase.
    This is more than the 5pc spell dmg bonus from Julianos, just from a racial passive.

My Bosmer magBlade has the same issue, even with legendary gear and enchants my max magicka is still relative low. The only benefit is that you get 10% bonus dmg from stealth.

Correct.
    And keep in mind that altmer also has magicka recovery increase.
    Would take this over khajiit anytime. Khajiit is only awesome if you play with clouding swarm, but we all know how useful that ultimate is right now.

- Meow -
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cannibals and kitties, eat my swim speed buff!
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you blaming ZoS for your inability to read in the character creation screen?

There is a tooltip at the bottom that indicated what each race's strength is for...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »

Why are you blaming ZoS for your inability to read in the character creation screen?

There is a tooltip at the bottom that indicated what each race's strength is for...

Sorry that I created my character at the very first day of this game's release.
    Racials and balancing itself changed a lot over two years.

So yeah I'm blaming zos for making racials more effective than some sets. Deal with it.

- Meow -
  • Efaritay
    Efaritay
    ✭✭✭
    Nice build video. This would be great for non CP campaign.
    "Don't tickle the Dragon if you can't take the heat"

EU ¦ EP
    Project Nova

Efaritay ¦ Breton ¦ Sorcerer - Calloniel ¦ Redguard ¦ Templar
    Arrow Rain ¦ Bosmer ¦ Nightblade - Breath of Life ¦ Breton ¦ Templar
    Taunts-with-Spoons ¦ Argonian ¦ Dragonknight - Kipp's Secret Lover ¦ Redguard ¦ Sorcerer
    Vrixaura ¦ Breton ¦ Nightblade - Miss Snuffles ¦ Khajiit ¦ Nightblade - Effy ¦ Dunmer ¦ Dragonknight
    Deadric Lord Slayer ¦ Monster Hunter ¦ Tamriel Hero ¦ Savior of Nirn ¦ Enemy of Coldharbour ¦ Explorer ¦ Hero of Wrothgar ¦ Master Theif
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want sustain, I got sustain! 3k plus magic regen!

g191MWB.png
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »

g191MWB.png

Nice regen but very bad spell dmg :D

And your Health?! :O
    Edited by wookikiller95 on March 30, 2016 11:52AM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

g191MWB.png

Nice regen but very bad spell dmg :D

True... but surprisingly frags still do decent damage.I have 100 cps into the magic/fire/cold damage for the 25 percent increase.
  • koby-xxrwb17_ESO
    koby-xxrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

g191MWB.png

How do you win fights with such low damage? Do you just streak everywhere and wait till they forfeit out of boredom?
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So yeah I'm blaming zos for making racials more effective than some sets. Deal with it.

So Altmer or Breton when race changes are possible?
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So Altmer or Breton when race changes are possible?

oh_yes_david_tennant.gif

- Meow -
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

g191MWB.png

Your signature says "nerf burst damage". But you're running around with only 1700 spell damage and 31K magicka as Sorc....everything must feel like burst compared to what you're putting out..of course you want burst nerfed, you can't kill a deer with that damage.

y-u-no-guy.jpg
    Edited by OdinForge on March 30, 2016 2:32PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am also a big fan of atronach in pvp, mainly for the chaos it can cause or add to. The aoe cc and damage is ok. It's very useful combined with other ultis in a bomb, especially if the enemy group has already started to take damage. It can split blobs and help you take flags or make it (slightly) harder for enemies to take flags. It can help you take ground in stale open battles. When outnumbered it can be something to help you stand your ground combined with mines, and also be something to hide behind. It is a bit surprising how few people know you can cc it, more people just try and tank it with various degrees of success. Also I can't confirm whether the atronach's channel is considered a dot but I'm assuming it is and therefore can double-dip like other dots. Also it's a sorc skill so adds 2% to your spell damage if slotted. Downside is the larger the fight the less useful it is imo.

it also counts as a person hit to scale prox det up and its useless against mag build and is fairly expensive, especially since Dawnbreaker is more bursty. I'm gonna play around with it for a bit tonight though and see how it feels, every time I've ever slotted it I regretted it shortly after though so we'll see
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

g191MWB.png

Your signature says "nerf burst damage". But you're running around with only 1700 spell damage and 31K magicka as Sorc....everything must feel like burst compared to what you're putting out..of course you want burst nerfed, you can't kill a deer with that damage.

y-u-no-guy.jpg

Lol , just playing with gear, seeing how much regen I can do, not going to keep it like that.

Ya my sig is a tad harsh i guess.
    Edited by Reevster on March 30, 2016 2:49PM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

g191MWB.png

How do you win fights with such low damage? Do you just streak everywhere and wait till they forfeit out of boredom?

Ya thats what i do lol, and make Nah Nah gestures.

956d6dc2c3152b3217a4ee73ba40e63c.jpg
  • Ryuho
    Ryuho
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 shields on offbar must be.. I know I am sorc and that's my only defense.. GG @ZOS :s
    The Farron family team (EU)
    sorcerer - Rubeus Farron AR31
    templar - Selene Farron AR27
    nightblade - Ryuho Farron AR25
    stamplar - Nura Farron AR10
    stamsorcerer - Kitty Farron AR14 (adopted member)
    DK - Ryu Farron AR17

RETIRED

CU - next mmo