Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet Your New Assistants"

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me (and just to me), this is probably the most worthless item offered in the crown store. I hope, for Zeni's sake, other players are interested.
    Crown store food was more useless. But then again, it didn't cost 5k crowns.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to explain this decision. Assistants are a convenience purchase - the kind everyone would happily buy if only it had a reasonable (i.e. much lower) price. It's permanent and account-wide, so it'd be good value for money. Price it lower and you have thousands of people buying it the second it hits the store. People love convenience. It wouldn't be hard to pass it off as a must-have quality of life feature.

But you priced it like a premium item, a status symbol. So expensive it discourages even people who were previously dead set on buying it. Twice as expensive as the average DLC (four times if you want both assistants). The same price as highly coveted motifs which are hell to acquire the regular way (Glass!). Except... this isn't a fancy cosmetic item you can show off. Assistants don't even offer everything their free and easily accessible static counterparts do, making them clearly subpar.

I could be wrong, but I feel you're completely off the mark with this price. It's $80; I paid $45 for the base game when it launched. It's crazy when you think about it this way.
    Edited by Rosveen on March 28, 2016 11:06PM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno instead of locking @UrQuan 's thread, I strongly suggest taking that piece of feedback over to corporate and show them their great idea. 160 voters out of 180 refused the "offer that you cannot refuse" (cue Marlon Brando's voice).
  • wolfydog
    wolfydog
    ✭✭✭
    No
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno instead of locking @UrQuan 's thread, I strongly suggest taking that piece of feedback over to corporate and show them their great idea. 160 voters out of 180 refused the "offer that you cannot refuse" (cue Marlon Brando's voice).

180 people out of how many who play this? Forum polls are never accurate.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was really hoping these assistants would be no more than 2500 crowns each. 5000 is way too much (especially in this bad economy). :cry:
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

180 people out of how many who play this? Forum polls are never accurate.

LOL. Here, have one.
  • Kahl_dur
    Kahl_dur
    ✭✭✭
    I swear I have OCD and have bought most of the stuff offered in the Crown Store. I'm going to pass on the Assistants though. Lack of Guild Store access + cost = no real value for me personally.
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    If 5000 Crowns is too much (please tell me I'm not the only one that bought a few Crowns when they were almost half off), then please don't ask "Does anyone have an Assistant? My bags are full". Just leave in the middle of the dungeon or Trial, go bank to the city, empty your bags and sell your excess crap, then come back.

Count me in. - I'm getting at least one of them.

I will likely purchase them as well. I do not play dungeons and trials overly much, but I do dislike interrupting my quests to return to town with mats and junk to be sold. Game servers do not run cheap so I am willing to support with real money on occasion. Since my DLC are free as are 1500 crowns per month with my sub, why not support the servers with a little extra spending.
    Edited by shadoza on March 29, 2016 12:32AM
  • Toorlokviing
    Toorlokviing
    ✭✭✭
    wow zos wow...5k crowns...seriously? mounts and constumes i can do for this high but this? i would rather pay 5k crowns to seee a return of the mind shriven mount that buy this stuff....add guild bank and repair/buyable repair kits and youll sell me on it...otherwise you can forget me ever buying this.

<----still waiting for a ic collectors edition with mind shriven horse and deadrat included in it....
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, despite being locked by the mods, allowing it to sink and be seen by fewer people, that poll is now at 177 voters out of 200 refusing to buy at that price.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to getting the 2 new assistants. However, with them costing more than 2 DLC's each, I will pass.

Perhaps Zenimax should consider hiring someone to make realistic prices that do not upset a large portion of the community. If they would cost 2k or less, a lot of people will buy them, probably a lot more than when they get sold for 5k each, resulting in more cash flow.
    Edited by DDemon on March 29, 2016 12:46AM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The assistants sound like a cool thing to have, but offer no real value compared to the regular NPCs. 5k each? No, thank you. Not even at half price crowns.

The merchant should at least offer repairs.
  • ObsidianKaesken
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet Your New Assistants. Check out the article to learn about the two new assistants coming to the Crown Store later this week!

Nothing exciting about spending 5000 crowns for something barely worth half of that. And then you want us to buy a second one for 5000 crowns more for a total of 10,000 crowns? Is that not like 80 bucks for basically what has been described as a vendor that is summoned like a pet? I thought you guys were better than the other MMO's out there. Of course Zos would be excited for these new "assistants", they are the ones raking in the cash.

No. It's more like a hundred bucks. lol.

Check again, hun. The higher you go on buying crowns, the lower the price is. You can get 5,500 crowns at $39.99 so in order to get the 10k crowns, make 2 of those purchases for a total of $79.98.
  • Tommy1979AtWar
    Tommy1979AtWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    4994415_zpsqb4qrn3l.jpg
    When I first heard of the idea for assistants I foolishly thought zos was planning on helping the community by rewarding us for completing content, I thought perhaps we'd be able to maybe unlock these assistants by completing an awesome new quest line within a DLC we've already paid for... nope, it's just another cash grab on the lemmings stupid enough to buy it, well played zos.

Edited by Tommy1979AtWar on March 29, 2016 7:15AM
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone crying? If you think the price is too high, you can, you know, just not buy them. As long as DLC prices are reasonable, let convenience and cosmetics be priced high as far as I'm concerned.

I see a lot of people saying 'if it were this or this much crowns, a lot more people would buy it'. Exactly. Don't get me wrong, ZOS is a business and wants to make money, but if every other person suddenly has one of these, they're effectively depopulating their own in-game hubs.

I also see people saying 'it's not worth it, it's already too convenient to just wayshrine and there's traveling vendors etc., and crafting bags are coming'. Well then: hurrah! Why are you crying again?
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be the trend lately - everything is becoming over-priced.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question if in a group would everyone have access to the Banker ? If so it could justify paying the 5000 crowns
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    I really want to support this game, I love this game, but charging this much money for one item feels exploitative.The reactions on this page are pretty consistent, people will put their money elsewhere if they don't feel they are getting a good deal.
    This..
    And this :)

The travelling tundra mammoth in WoW cost about 20k gold, it was an awesome unique mount with repair, vendor, and had passenger slots. Even then, I didn't see many people getting it due to its price. However, I can definitely say at least some people would have bought that for real money, perhaps even equivalent to 5000 Crowns.

But those assistants, with their limits? I'm sorry, but their "uniqueness" kind of diminishes due to them being severely limited - no repairs, no access to guild stores, no summoning in Cyrodiil...? But these are exactly the things people would want in a portable vendor...... :D:D:D It's so easy to go to a bank or a vendor (or even to the Outlaws Refuge for that matter).

The idea is good, but pricing is just plain weird on this, I would only buy this with in-game gold.
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will it be the personal bank of the person that bought the banker when in group content , or the individual banks of those players ?
  • Mulcibur
    Mulcibur
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Could you perhaps confirm whether these will be available for a limited time only or whether they'll be a more permanent item in the crown store?

5000 crowns is fine but will purchase them one at a time over a period of time (banker first, merchant whenever).
  • estera
    estera
    ✭✭
    I would buy merchant assistant for the convenient services she provides but banker assistant's usefulness is rather questionable - just like many other people I have my bank filled with crafting materials and there is no need to access it in the field/dungeon.

And I will be happy to see a counters for assistants in my future home's hall :)
    In this case I will consider buying a banker assistant as well. Especially if assistants' s limitations will be lifted when they are offering services in player's home.
    Edited by estera on March 29, 2016 9:02AM
    PC/EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 Crowns is way too much for assistants with such limited functionality. Let's recap those limits:

Banker
    Cannot be used in Cyrodiil
    Cannot access the Guild Bank
    Cannot access the Guild Store

Merchant
    Cannot be used in Cyrodiil
    Cannot repair items
    Does not sell anything

For only being able to access your Personal Bank, and for only buying your unwanted items, I don't think these assistants are worth more than 2000.
    Edited by Enodoc on March 29, 2016 9:12AM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    petraeus1 wrote: »
    Well then: hurrah! Why are you crying again?

@petraeus1 Fairly sure you equate 'crying' to discussion, and that is what forums are for, discussion. If you don't like reading people 'crying' then don't read it, if you have your mind set on buying them then great, and I saw you post actual points of reference which is nice, but including jabs at other people is nonconstructive at best. Not everyone is going to agree, this is the world that we live in.
    Edited by Shazgob on March 29, 2016 9:07AM
    <Malacath's Trousers>
    Guild Master and Trouser King
    -Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj: 50,000+

Champion Rank - 700
    50 StamsOrc Flawless Conqueror and Master Angler
    50 Altmer Healplar
    50 Argonian Stamblade Ganker
    50 Breton Magicka Nightblade DPS
    50 Bosmer Stamina Templar DPS
    50 Khajiit Dragonknight DPS
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭

@petraeus1 Fairly sure you equate 'crying' to discussion, and that is what forums are for, discussion. If you don't like reading people 'crying' then don't read it, if you have your mind set on buying them then great, and I saw you post actual points of reference which is nice, but including jabs at other people is nonconstructive at best. Not everyone is going to agree, this is the world that we live in.

I'm all for discussion, I was referring to the people in this thread who started saying things: 'This is ridiculous! I'll leave this game!' and 'ZOS are you out of your mind!' and things along those lines. That's not discussion, that's an uncalled for hyperbolic reaction.

My reply to them may not have been constructive (I'll admit they annoyed me a little), but I hope those who recognize themselves in the examples I just gave reconsider whether their response to this matter is appropriate.
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭

I'm all for discussion, I was referring to the people in this thread who started saying things: 'This is ridiculous! I'll leave this game!' and 'ZOS are you out of your mind!' and things along those lines. That's not discussion, that's an uncalled for hyperbolic reaction.

My reply to them may not have been constructive (I'll admit they annoyed me a little), but I hope those who recognize themselves in the examples I just gave reconsider whether their response to this matter is appropriate.

I will stand behind you on the 'This is ridiculous! I'll leave this game!' and 'ZOS are you out of your mind!' being an uncalled for reaction, people that run around saying things of that nature seldom think anything through. I, myself, do think the pricing is outrageous, at 5,000 crowns a piece, and have openly said so. My biggest gripe though was the fact that when the crown store opened it was supposedly only for vanity items, granted food and soul gems and repair kits aren't vanity, but they are an item type that would be appropriate for a small on the fly purchase when in a tight sitation, but that the assistants are in no way 'Vanity'. I agree with you that that the above mentioned responses are inappropriate, and probably jumped to assuming you were taking jabs at the posters in the forum as a whole, and to that I offer my apologies.

I won't discontinue my play over it, nor while I buy these items, and hell, I won't even stop being an ESO Plus member, I just wish that for the attached price tag they did ... not even MORE than their counterparts, or even an even amount, just more than they currently do. I don't want them in Cyrodiil even, the people arguing that I don't believe have thought the implications through, I just hope that for the attached price-tag the service provided can match the price tag.

Damn, long post is long..
    <Malacath's Trousers>

Champion Rank - 700
    50 Altmer Healplar
  • petraeus1
    petraeus1
    ✭✭✭✭

I will stand behind you on the 'This is ridiculous! I'll leave this game!' and 'ZOS are you out of your mind!' being an uncalled for reaction, people that run around saying things of that nature seldom think anything through. I, myself, do think the pricing is outrageous, at 5,000 crowns a piece, and have openly said so. My biggest gripe though was the fact that when the crown store opened it was supposedly only for vanity items, granted food and soul gems and repair kits aren't vanity, but they are an item type that would be appropriate for a small on the fly purchase when in a tight sitation, but that the assistants are in no way 'Vanity'. I agree with you that that the above mentioned responses are inappropriate, and probably jumped to assuming you were taking jabs at the posters in the forum as a whole, and to that I offer my apologies.

I won't discontinue my play over it, nor while I buy these items, and hell, I won't even stop being an ESO Plus member, I just wish that for the attached price tag they did ... not even MORE than their counterparts, or even an even amount, just more than they currently do. I don't want them in Cyrodiil even, the people arguing that I don't believe have thought the implications through, I just hope that for the attached price-tag the service provided can match the price tag.

Damn, long post is long..

I mean, I get where you're coming from, I won't be purchasing them either. But I do think they're vanity. They offer some convenience, but they're hardly must-haves. They're must-haves in the same way a multi-millionaire says his private helicopter is a must-have.

It's really hard to balance these convenience items in a game where so much investment has already been done designing exactly this infrastructure in towns and hubs. I understand ZOS. It's easier to add convenience and lower the pricetag at a later date because 'no one's buying them and feedback suggests they're not good value', than restricting convenience and raising the price later because 'they're too good and people don't go to town anymore'.

They'll go on sale at some point.
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    They'll go on sale at some point.

So very true, without a doubt.
    <Malacath's Trousers>

Champion Rank - 700
    50 Altmer Healplar
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'll be buying the banker and would go as far as saying I would like to see it as a time ltd item , the merchant on the other hand I don't see any need of I mean it's not like they aren't just roaming all over in place
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    5k crowns?? Bwahahahaha oh my word you are so funny! What universe are you living in ZOS?
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would have purchased the banker at least, but not at 5000. I'll wait til the 50% off sale.