Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet Your New Assistants"

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bank is rather useless without guild bank. My personal bank is mostly filled with crafting mats, which are anyway available remotely on crafting tables. I can't find any use for this. Why on earth ask premium price for substandard product? I'll pass. Put guild bank into it and i'll buy.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • LindsC
    LindsC
    ✭✭✭
    I might buy if it's 5,000 for both of them. If it's for each maybe I'll get them eventually.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    If 5000 Crowns is too much (please tell me I'm not the only one that bought a few Crowns when they were almost half off), then please don't ask "Does anyone have an Assistant? My bags are full". Just leave in the middle of the dungeon or Trial, go bank to the city, empty your bags and sell your excess crap, then come back.

Count me in. - I'm getting at least one of them.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Far too expensive in my opinion.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No repair for merchant = no sale
    No guild bank access = no sale

If these were fully functioning versions of vendors and bankers they would be worth about 75% of the asking price.

As limited as these are, too expensive.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For this price they should offer full service as any other banker, merchant AND be available to use in Cyrodiil... These are just absurdly high otherwise.

Merchant has no items and offers no repair... just double checked pts and no my items are not 100% health.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    5k crowns... Thank you, but no, I don't need it for such price.
  • Ni7eWa7ch
    Ni7eWa7ch
    ✭✭
    The price is outrageous ZOS , really unreal , got no words for that
    I can buy a full game with so many bucks
    no thanks I'm not stupid
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they closed the Poll thread down stating that there's already a discussion? LOL ZOS, you guys cant stop the feed back on this one, sorry. You can try to cover it up but not gonna happen, most people aren't going to be buying this.

This is NOT the way you make money. Selling over priced over pitched items is gonna make you go broke. If you'd made the price reasonable you would have made that $$ your looking for. GG I'm not even angry, wasn't something that peaked my interest much in the first place however, i know there are tons of players who looked forward to this and aren't going to be getting it because of greediness. Company has to make money, sure but again, this is not how you do it.

Each day it gets harder to justify playing this game, with the decisions they continue to make.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ahahahahahahahahaha 10k Crowns for 2 assistants. I predict they wont be big sellers... And is ZoS saying the 2 assistants is worth more than all the DLC's combined? Unreal.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • kensan62_ESO
    kensan62_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet Your New Assistants. Check out the article to learn about the two new assistants coming to the Crown Store later this week!

Nothing exciting about spending 5000 crowns for something barely worth half of that. And then you want us to buy a second one for 5000 crowns more for a total of 10,000 crowns? Is that not like 80 bucks for basically what has been described as a vendor that is summoned like a pet? I thought you guys were better than the other MMO's out there. Of course Zos would be excited for these new "assistants", they are the ones raking in the cash.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If 5000 Crowns is too much (please tell me I'm not the only one that bought a few Crowns when they were almost half off), then please don't ask "Does anyone have an Assistant? My bags are full". Just leave in the middle of the dungeon or Trial, go bank to the city, empty your bags and sell your excess crap, then come back.
    Or better yet, don't waste anyone's time and empty your bags before you enter the dungeon. It's really not that hard. I don't remember the last time I had to leave in the middle of a run.
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet Your New Assistants. Check out the article to learn about the two new assistants coming to the Crown Store later this week!

I really wish someone from ZOS would chime in and at least inform us about our displeasure with this decision. I understand that @ZOS_GinaBruno did not make this decision on the pricing but at least chime in and let us know you are going to forward our opinions, which actually matter.

If nothing changes then we as a community should vow not to make the purchase in retaliation to the outrageous crown costs to this and many other things in the Crown store. I know I for sure am not purchasing at this price.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I dont know about the people you play with but the people I play with never had that issue. Clean out your bags before we start. Its common sense. Also I would never require someone to own anything from the store as a reason why they can or cannot go on a trial, vet dungeon or whatever.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it was 5000 crowns for both to me thats still too much. Its crazy that an assistant costs more than TG and Orsinium combined.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not be buying the Assistants at 5000 crowns each. I would consider them at 1000 Crowns each. It is far too easy to access a bank and vendor in the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Arwat_Wahad
    Arwat_Wahad
    Soul Shriven
    I was very excited about the possibilities this assistants would bring. When TG was released I bought 2 x 5500 crown packs, thinking it would be enough to buy the DLC and both assistants.

But 5k for each assistant!? That has to be a joke and bad one at that.

Long story short, I was prepared to spend some money on this "convenience" service, but 5k it's just too much only to save me a travel to town every few hours.
    RazielDERF wrote: »
    If nothing changes then we as a community should vow not to make the purchase in retaliation to the outrageous crown costs to this and many other things in the Crown store. I know I for sure am not purchasing at this price.
    I agree with Raziel. Instead of having my money ZOS can have my vow not to make the purchase.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been eagerly awaiting the release of the banker assistant. I also purchased points (before and during the sale) to save up for the TG DLC and the bank assistant. I was pleasantly surprised the TG pack with mount was only 4,000 crowns, and hoped the assistant would be 1k-2k crowns (although I suspected a strong possibility they'd be more like 2k-3k).

With the price finally announced, I am in a dilemma. I've been VERY EAGERLY awaiting this release (just ask my girlfriend, lol). But the sticker-shock is taking a toll.

Sure, it would be convenient to auto-loot containers and deposit any mats that come from them when my inventory fills... but after working so hard to increase inventory space on my main character, I don't think it's THAT convenient. I think at the 5k crown price tag I'm likely to just go back to town every few adventures or continue the habit of destroying the least valuable/smallest stack in adventures when I reach the point of being full.

So while I'm not absolutely set with the "no way will I buy it" crowd you have certainly given me second thoughts... There's no way that I'm going to just instantly buy the banker upon release as I'd originally planned. In fact, I do find it highly unlikely at this point that I'd actually plop down 5k crowns to get this feature at all.

DLC may be worth such a high cost -- if it's fun, engaging, and visually pleasing. Crown motifs and in-game convenience items are not worth such a steep price tag in my opinion. Pricing the assistant at more than double the price of the DLC seems backwards.

Edited by Tevalaur on March 28, 2016 10:00PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    I'm her girlfriend. It's true. She's talked about the bank assistant every day since the announcement.
    What do dragons say when they see a new hatchling? Fus roh d'awwww!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No repair for merchant = no sale
    No guild bank access = no sale

If these were fully functioning versions of vendors and bankers they would be worth about 75% of the asking price.

As limited as these are, too expensive.

seriously, why does ZOS screw up everything they touch.
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone has thought about this last week's reduction in the price of crowns. I believe this was intentional for people to be able to get the new stuff coming out without it being a huge expense. I stocked up. :)
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kalebron wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has thought about this last week's reduction in the price of crowns. I believe this was intentional for people to be able to get the new stuff coming out without it being a huge expense. I stocked up. :)

I dont care if they gave me 5000 crowns for free. I still wouldnt buy it. I can buy far more useful stuff or save my crowns for DB.
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing exciting about spending 5000 crowns for something barely worth half of that. And then you want us to buy a second one for 5000 crowns more for a total of 10,000 crowns? Is that not like 80 bucks for basically what has been described as a vendor that is summoned like a pet? I thought you guys were better than the other MMO's out there. Of course Zos would be excited for these new "assistants", they are the ones raking in the cash.

No. It's more like a hundred bucks. lol.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. The only reason I'm even considering it is that I bought a bunch of Crowns during Black Fredas...and I'd intended those to last me for most of a year's DLCs. :\ These aren't limited are they? I think I'm going to wait until another Crown sale.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would never, ever type those words in ESO - nor have I bailed on a group because of a lack of inventory space. As @Rosveen said, it's just not that hard to manage.

I won't be buying either of them. Meh. I can just go to the bank or a merchant if I need to - especially for 5000 crowns.

One question: so only the group can see this, right? Because having four or five players, all spamming their merchant at the same time is going to be a little ... annoying.

To me (and just to me), this is probably the most worthless item offered in the crown store. I hope, for Zeni's sake, other players are interested.

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on March 28, 2016 10:34PM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • frank8465b16_ESO
    frank8465b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well, all i have to say is that those gadgets arent worth 5k ..1k ok 2k expensive 5k idiotic. And by the way, Zenimax should keep more an eye on balance instead to push in new crown warez. The stamina classes are really in need of a buff. With my stamina-nightblade i am not able to get the dps i made when i use it with my magicka build. Its horrible for pve and also not worth a look in pvp. Compared to my mage char its is in both ways useless. And i am not the only one who hates it to play it as magicka char. The main mistake Zenimax did, was to bring ion classes. So they have to balance them..and truly said, they arent good in it. The best solution would be if they remove the *** classes and let every char learn what ever he wants from that skilltrees. And also they need to buff the stamina skills or to nerf the magicka. Then this game would make much more fun.

just my 2cc

Waldtaliban
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price for them would be fine if they had all functions as their counterparts and could be summoned in Cyrodiil.

Will happily skip this.
    PC EU
  • Shazgob
    Shazgob
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that the point of the crown store was to provide vanity items to players? Since when are 2 functioning assistants that provide services considered vanity? So, first it was 'You can now simply buy Vampirism and Lycanthropy, and now you can pay us to have a portable half-vendor/half-banker.' I say half for 2 specific reasons:

1) The vendor doesn't repair gear. Literally you are asking me to give you 50 dollars, MORE than the price of a deluxe DLC, for a vendor that can't repair gear. It just buys *** that I can sell later. You can simply mail your friend 2 mails of junk and have them RTS it to you, and that doesn't cost me 50 dollars to do. Also, from what I recall on the PTS, it doesn't sell anything even mildly useful to in game play, such as repair kits, etc. It may, it's been a month or so, but even then, I'm paying you 50 dollars to be able to buy what I can already buy in the lobby of a trial?

2) The banker has no guild bank or guild trader access. I get it, it's a mobile banker, but once again, why the hell would I pay you 50 dollars to access my crafting goods, when they are already accessed from any crafting station I would need them? Because let's be real for a moment, most people in this game use their personal bank for crafting mats. Outside of that, what, IC trophies? Moving gear between toons? I still have to log out of 1 character, on to another character, and hit the bank (either the assistant or a real bank). So you're asking for 50 MORE dollars for this one, to save me walking through one of your cities to get my alt gear. I can't justify these things no matter how much I wanted them.

For 100 dollars, ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!, I can have 2 assistants that truly don't offer me anything I could simply use a few extra moments of time to do. I was really looking forward to this, and have openly defended this game to pieces, but asking me for this much money in face of many, MANY, glaring bugs is just preposterous.

I'll continue to play, and continue to be an ESO Plus member because I have many friends in game, and lead an end-game trials guild, but I can not in any conceivable way justify this kind of investiture. They might be worth it at 2,000 crowns, and even then, probably not. If you are going to buy this, I question what in the world you could need them for.
    <Malacath's Trousers>
    Guild Master and Trouser King
    -Veteran Maw of Lorkhaj: 50,000+

Champion Rank - 700
    50 StamsOrc Flawless Conqueror and Master Angler
    50 Altmer Healplar
    50 Argonian Stamblade Ganker
    50 Breton Magicka Nightblade DPS
    50 Bosmer Stamina Templar DPS
    50 Khajiit Dragonknight DPS
  • ClockworkArc
    ClockworkArc
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely think this implementation is great.

This helps make it so that having an assistant won't be the norm while still allowing the possibility in game. The restrictions on it are nice too and help to keep it "vanity".

Bravo!
  • Kwivur
    Kwivur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this make me sound like a prick? I'm RICH B****!!! I'll buy em both and then probably not use them.