Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet Your New Assistants"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet Your New Assistants. Check out the article to learn about the two new assistants coming to the Crown Store later this week!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • slumber_sandb16_ESO
    slumber_sandb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, 5000 crowns. The price of a deluxe DLC. As much as I'd want these I'm going to have to skip buying them and save it for the next DLC instead. :/
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A fair price for the amount of utility these provide, coupled with being account wide and usable by everyone in your group et cetera.

Personally I don't think the Merchant is all that useful (needs to sell repair kits and such) but other than that she is fine.
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭

Next Year: Cyrodiil-only assistants just for 9999 crowns!
    " Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    5000 per assistant or 5000 for both?
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish equivalent function was also available through in-game means.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5000 crowns is too rich for my blood. Ill zone back to town.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Questions:

1) If purchased, are the assistants available account wide?

2) Does the banking assistant allow access to guild resources such as guild bank and guild store?

3) Does the merchant assistant do repairs to your equipment?

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a shame, guess I'll be passing on assistants.
  • mertusta
    mertusta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Questions:

2) Does the banking assistant allow access to guild resources such as guild bank and guild store?

1) Yes, account wide.
    2) Not guild bank, only your own bank.
    3) Yes.

At least, that was how did they designed back in the pts.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    mertusta wrote: »
    3) Yes.
    No, she doesn't offer repairs.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mertusta wrote: »
    Questions:

1) Yes, account wide.
    2) Not guild bank, only your own bank.
    3) Yes.

At least, that was how did they designed back in the pts.

Hmm. Guild resources would have been a good selling point for me on the banking assistant. You know...if they threw in an extra 50 bank slots as part of the deal it might be worth it. Ahem...ZOS....did you see that? Give me 50 extra bank slots to go with this banking assistant and you've got a deal! Otherwise...having price/value disconnect.

Merchant needs to have some kind of golden perk as well....Maybe include free equipment repairs from your merchant and this might be a good deal. Otherwise...having price/value disconnect.

As a non-subscriber that buys all of the DLC as I go this price point is too high, but if I was still subscribing I would likely have more crowns than I would know what to do with so I would buy these both without giving it a thought.

Actually...include them both as part of the subscription and I might re-sub. How about that deal?
    Edited by Giraffon on March 28, 2016 4:03PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch 5k per is definitely something I'll unfortunately have to think about. I absolutely love their functionality on the PTS but definitely a steep cost. I was going to buy them instantly but can't currently afford it. I was expecting 3k apiece but 5 is tough. Guess I'll have to wait til my 6 month sub renews
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5000 crowns is only 'convenient' for deep pockets or poor money managers. Like almost everything in the crown store. Even if I could afford this, I wouldn't pay for the assistants on principle. zos continues to focus on pumping profits while the game remains bug-ridden, with new bugs introduced with each DLC.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooch, usually I buy anything like this but that's way too expensive.

Maybe when they go on sale.
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
  • RazielDERF
    RazielDERF
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly this is an outrage to ESO players. I been a long time Elder Scrolls player along with ESO Beta. This is by far one of the worst slaps in the face to us. I pay for ESO+ and also own a total of 5 accounts (4 of them free to play) but 5k for each assistant is ridiculous. Maybe, just maybe would I accept the 5k for both combined but highly doubt it. Many will simply teleport back into town to do their business. If you think about it though, you don't benefit much from these assistance considering what is being charged for them. You are only getting the convenience of spawning them wherever you want. For those of the long term players like myself we have plenty of bag space that isn't required to go back into town to dump your load. We can also use addons like Wyykyds mailbox and RTS items to other players or accounts which is actually just 10 gold for each email with 6 items. Not a heavy price to pay at all. Also considering that Crafting Bags is coming to ESO it will save even more space. Let's not forget about the merchants who walk around throughout the lands to also offer their services to repair and use their stores. 5,000 Crowns is ridiculous to be asking for and I hope other ESO members feel the same way about this in order for Zenimax Online to hear us out and lower the cost or simply allow us to beat a quest line to attain them just like with thieves guild.

Shame on you Zenimax, I am so disappointed with your decision to charge this much.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way too expensive for each assistant, should be around 3000 crowns..
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5000 crowns?!?!?!
    094dacf722763cbcb7374deb6197aef34055b68d01b1cad901eeddda1675a6fb.jpg
  • ObsidianKaesken
    If it's 5,000 crowns for both, I can see myself purchasing it later down the road but if that's each, I'll have to agree with jamesharv2005ub17_ESO and say pass.

Another thing that would reflect my decision on purchasing them is whether or not they repair damaged armor or, at the very least, sell the repair armor kits.

Although Giraffon's idea to include them in the ESO Plus package sounds amazing, they already give the DLCs to their ESO Plus members for free (as long as their membership stays active), but a percentage off as a member would be nice.

Going back to the assistant. If it's 5k per assistant, you guys are going to have to sweeten the deal more for me to want to purchase them because in order to get both, I'd have to spend $79.98 and right now, I just don't see spending that much. It's a nice feature but it's not one of those MUST GET NOW features.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm not one of those cheap spenders. I've spent my fair amount of money in ESO for myself and my 6 year old daughter (who LOVES her horse and pet). Not bragging, just trying to give you the general idea that even I wouldn't pay that much for this. Sorry, but it doesn't bother me that much to go back to town to sell my unwanted gear.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That price is like slapping players in the face... Everybody was waiting for this and now we get it with that ridiculous cost. I'm gonna pass, especially if they don't provide access to guild store/bank and cannot repair your gear. Such services are the most useful for me. ZOS seems to be more and more desperate and greedy with their prices.
  • shawn.macgillivaryb16_ESO
    That's 100$CND....ouch. Oh well it's not like I"m being forced to buy them. Still love playing this game :) Maybe someday the price will drop to something a little more reasonable.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to support this game, I love this game, but charging this much money for one item feels exploitative.The reactions on this page are pretty consistent, people will put their money elsewhere if they don't feel they are getting a good deal.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    So, the banker guy won't offer the ability to post auctions and view listings in the guild store?(no mention of it in the article).
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why not something for nothing. This should have been part of the base game as far as I am concerned.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One more thing. I feel very sorry for people who will eventually buy these assistants in the belief that they provide the same services as any other banker/merchant. And then they will open their services' windows and see what they have bought for 5k crowns... So my advice to ZOS is, if you really wish to set your prices that high, in the pop-up window/crown store provide players with accurate and not misleading information regarding which services are NOT included and do NOT call these assistants as 'bankers' or 'merchants'. Otherwise players, who don't read the forum or blog articles, will feel like they were deceived and misled.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Been waiting for this.............but now I can forget about it. Pricing is ridiculous! Not to mention the Bank Assistant can't even access the guilds?!?

Wont be buying this one. Ill run back to town like I always have.......and put some stuff up for sale while I am at it.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    A fair price for the amount of utility these provide, coupled with being account wide and usable by everyone in your group et cetera.

Personally I don't think the Merchant is all that useful (needs to sell repair kits and such) but other than that she is fine.

I agree @Paulington . I personally will not be buying the vendor as it seems a bit useless to me. (I'll store junk in the bank until I head to town instead of selling it to that merchant). If it did repairs somehow I would have bought it.

I will be purchasing the banker. This adds a ton of convenience so the high price fits that. As well, you can share the abilities with group members.. so when you pull up your banker, all your group members can use them to access their own personal bank too. That's really nice.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • flubber77
    flubber77
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Meet Your New Assistants. Check out the article to learn about the two new assistants coming to the Crown Store later this week!

This price is so wrong.........
    Still a grudge, only to see false what u want and nothing less.
  • crazmadsci
    crazmadsci
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

I will be purchasing the banker. This adds a ton of convenience so the high price fits that. As well, you can share the abilities with group members.. so when you pull up your banker, all your group members can use them to access their own personal bank too. That's really nice.

Agreed, however I still think the 5k price tag should include guild banks then I say it is worth it definitely. However it is still very steep.
    twitch streamer crazmadsci, Guildmaster Ethereal Army, Guide Writer: Travelers Guide to Tamriel.
  • michalmack
    michalmack
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that the merchant is useless. Especially considering that at vet 16 you r deconstructing everything for materials. You're only really selling junk jewelry. Soooooo not worth 5000 crowns.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a ESO Plus member with crowns to spare and I think the price for these "convience npcs" is excessive.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."