Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Tips on raising Cloth skill?

Hoylegu
Hoylegu
✭✭✭
Hi all,

I'm a VR1 Magplar who most solo PvE's and on occasion joins in PvP zergs.

My Cloth skill has been stuck in the low 30s for eons. I've recently returned to the game and really want to get my skill up to 50.

Any tips or guides on how I should best proceed?

TIA!
  • Deceptive_Yoshi
    Deceptive_Yoshi
    ✭✭✭
    Go questing and decon all the light and medium armor you can while doing clothing writs everyday to gain as much crafting exp as possible. Make sure you're sub'd to the game as well just to gain 10% bonus crafting xp.
    Edited by Deceptive_Yoshi on March 14, 2016 10:33PM
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to add to Deceptive's advice you can get XP potions from the traders for about 3k each that add 50% XP gain for 30min. You can also get 50% XP for 2 hours scrolls from the Crown Store.
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    Any time you have a white intricate improve it to green before decon. Not really worth going above green.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gracous wrote: »
    Just to add to Deceptive's advice you can get XP potions from the traders for about 3k each that add 50% XP gain for 30min. You can also get 50% XP for 2 hours scrolls from the Crown Store.

It must be a bug, if it works on crafting skills. Crafting levels up by gaining Inspiration Points and not Experience Points which the potions are ment to buff the gain of.

Btw. OP if you want to lvl up crafting fast, go to a grindspot and grind with a friend. When your inventory is full, go to a bank and deposit some items - go to crafting stations and deconstruct everything. Lvl up in both clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking, it will be beneficial for your future. Learn the traits you lack in the meanwhile too.

This way you will level up, and your crafting levels up alongside. By the time you hit v3, you will gain loot from a higher level material, and they will provide you more Inspiration Points than the loot you can gain now.

...and use an xp potion for when you grind levels, it saves you a lot of time.
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks the tips, all! Guess I'll just pick a delve in Wrothgar and grind for drops to deconstruct. Should I also make any specific items with my mats to then deconstruct as well?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoylegu wrote: »
    Thanks the tips, all! Guess I'll just pick a delve in Wrothgar and grind for drops to deconstruct. Should I also make any specific items with my mats to then deconstruct as well?

Well you could craft a piece of clothing item, with the leftover cloth you have ..and deconstruct that, however I just recomend you to continue grinding and deconstructing your loot.. it's less time consuming and you gain xp and level up at the same time.

Sell the materials to other players for gold.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will also sell intricate items in guild stores. It's expensive, but the fastest way to power level a crafting skill. Just buy as many as you can find and decon.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get bupkiss for Inspiration for making things, and even less if you decon what you just made on the same character.

Improving things to Green will give you more Inspiration, but do this only if you have enough Green Tempers. You will at some point if your deconning all your loot, but you may not have a bunch now.

I will say that farming mobs for loot and deconning is the absolute best overall way to level an Equipment Crafting skill. You level your character, your skills, gain gold and traited items for research or trade in Guild Stores and lots of Mats in addition to gaining in your Crafting.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I'm a VR1 Magplar who most solo PvE's and on occasion joins in PvP zergs.

My Cloth skill has been stuck in the low 30s for eons. I've recently returned to the game and really want to get my skill up to 50.

Any tips or guides on how I should best proceed?

TIA!

In addition to the suggestions you've received so far, start another clothing craft character. Contact a guild mate or friend about "bouncing" mail.

1. Decon items
    2. Use mats to craft items
    3. Bounce mail
    4. Log into alternate character
    5. Decon items
    6. Use mats to craft items
    7. Bounce mail
    8. Rinse and repeat

You may get someone on here that will claim that you don't get a lot of inspiration if you decon your own items, and while that is true if a character decons the items that the same character just crafted, it's not the case if your alt crafted them however, it's exactly the same as if it came from another account.

Inspiration break down
    Same Character = x
    Different Character (even same account) = xx
    Looted = xxx

The added bonus here is that you will have another character that you can learn research traits on. This will make you self sufficient sooner and you won't have to go searching for traits to complete one or both characters. Since your opposite character will be able to craft them.

The beauty of this system is that you can do this while there is no one else around to help you level your crafting, this is also a method that you can use for the other crafting skills, such as alchemy. Though Alchemy was much easier when you had a higher rate of return on glyph decon.

Additionally I'd suggest joining a Crafting guild.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos