Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Are all nodes in hews bane scaled to v16?

Bdawwg
Bdawwg
✭✭✭
Pretty much as the title says, if you're a v16 character or have 10/10 crafting are all of the resource nodes scaled to ruby ash etc.?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I saw on PTS - yes.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    Ah that's great news, we'll end up seeing a drop in v16 mat prices now
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The good news is you can rarely go more then 15ft without running into a mat. The bad news is, this DLC pretty much will kill off the resource economy within a week or so. The prices for v16 will drop but you still won't be able to buy them because it won't be worth anyones time to farm them.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe they updated all of the DLC's to this change as everything I saw in Wrothgar last night was all V15/V16 mats. Yes this will make the prices go down but won't affect the overall cost of the armor to change a whole lot since most of the gold required will be in upgrade mats again. It just changes things back to the way they were really.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why I sold off my stash of ruby mats last week. Thanks goes out to everyone who bought stacks of ancestor silk 2 days before the DLC dropped. :)

Strangely, I expect prices of void mats to go up. Top level writs still require them. If you aren't still farming nirn in Craglorn for research materials, you are going to have to spend time farming in two zones now to cover writs.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was ecstatic to have every plant be Ancestor Silk last night and to only get rubedo scraps from kills. I'm guessing the price on this will come down, might be a bit for supply to build up though.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm if that's the case for wrothgar and IC and cyrodiil for that matter too?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bdawwg wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if that's the case for wrothgar and IC and cyrodiil for that matter too?

Wrothgar is. Not sure about the other two; haven't been to IC and I never pay attention to nodes when I'm in Cyro.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do the nodes scale to crafting skill point level, or are they V16 for everyone?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Strangely, I expect prices of void mats to go up. Top level writs still require them. If you aren't still farming nirn in Craglorn for research materials, you are going to have to spend time farming in two zones now to cover writs.

Since they've changed the nodes for 10/10 crafters to only provide V15-16 materials (at least in Hew's Bane and Wrothgar) it would make sense to change the writs to only ask for V15 gear. But, then again, what makes sense isn't always what ZOS does. :smile:
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 8, 2016 9:56PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Since they've changed the nodes for 10/10 crafters to only provide V15-16 materials (at least in Hew's Bane and Wrothgar) it would make sense to change the writs to only ask for V15 gear. But, then again, what makes sense isn't always what ZOS does. :smile:

I've already submitted that feedback in game. FWIW.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So um... what's the point of Telvar Stones again?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So um... what's the point of Telvar Stones again?

Ganking!
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to clarify one thing :

Resource nodes & mob leather drops do NOT scale with VR & only scale with your crafting rank in the scaled DLC areas such as Wrothgar, Hews Bane. I believe the same applies for Cyrodiil...

This means that if your character is 1/10 in clothing you will get rawhide scraps from mobs & find jute in the cloth nodes.

You will also see iron ore nodes on the ground and not Rubedite ingots or Voidsteel...

Just a bit of clarification since there is a lot of misinformation on this thread at the present moment and that might confuse some players.

In conclusion you are required to have the crafting skill for the resource you want ( your first passive ) at the appropriate level so 10/10 for Rubedite ore, Rubedite leather, Ancestor Silk & Ruby Ash for wood.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why I sold off my stash of ruby mats last week. Thanks goes out to everyone who bought stacks of ancestor silk 2 days before the DLC dropped. :)

My surveys usually cover the tier 9 and 10 mats.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    Do the nodes scale to crafting skill point level, or are they V16 for everyone?

Yes. They scale to the crafting skill point level for each particular player.
    PC/NA
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices are already dropping, my own v16 material stores are already getting pretty full.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Stonesthrow
    Stonesthrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    At 10/10 skill… Hew's, Wrothgar and Cyrodil are only dropping the top tier matts… not a void/nightwood to be found.

Hazaah I say, Hazaah!

The majority of the material market now will be for the gold tempers as was stated above and the lord of RNG cares not the level of raw material you crush to get them so who cares?

Besides I have so much 9/10 refined because of OCD farming/surveys in both Crag and Wroth... I believe I can last the rest of this year writ wise without another piece.
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of selling a couple of my spare kutas on ps4, so would I be better off waiting till after the dlc drops?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »

My surveys usually cover the tier 9 and 10 mats.

The survey RNG fairy doesn't like me that much: I depleted my supply and had to turn to the guild stores. (Or I could have farmed them.)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of selling a couple of my spare kutas on ps4, so would I be better off waiting till after the dlc drops?

Never sell your Kuta's.....

Well, I never sell my Kuta's or my Gold Tempers for that matter. They are my precious.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    VR16 potency runes too?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Well, I never sell my Kuta's or my Gold Tempers for that matter. They are my precious.

I'm afraid that if I sell mine the RNG gods will curse me for disrespecting the Kuta.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    VR16 potency runes too?

I have pulled two Repora's from nodes in Wrothgar, this was before TG. However, since TG dropped I am seeing VR16 Potencies in my Hireling emails. I have not farmed much in Wrothgar recently so don't know if they are less rare now, but before they were more rare than Kuta Aspects to pull a Repora or an Itade from a Node
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in Cyrodiil yesterday and farmed some flowers and solvents, I got Lorkhans Tears. I used to get Star Dew back before TG.
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »

I'm afraid that if I sell mine the RNG gods will curse me for disrespecting the Kuta.

Kutas are my main source of income. I get between 2 and 4 a day between writs, surveys and farming. If I go a while without selling one then I stop getting them so I keep selling them.
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    I may wait till the DLC drops so prices go back up again. Having said that since the v16 mats will be so readily available I'll be able to craft a lot more gear so may need the kutas haha. Gonna be farming cyro all the time.