Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

A Problem With My Writs

MasterGohan
MasterGohan
✭✭
So I recently added some skill points to some of my crafting skills and discovered something that maybe someone here can help me with. I've realized that I'm not doing the writs that match the skill points I have invested. Here's what I've got invested:

Character level - VR8
Alchemy - level 50 with 7/8 in Solvent Proficiency (can use Star Dew to make VR10 potions)
Blacksmithing - level 50 with 9/10 in Metalworking (can use Voidstone to make VR9 - VR14 items)
Clothing - level 50 with 9/10 in Tailoring (can use Void Cloth and Shadow Hide to make VR9 - VR14 items)
Enchanting - level 48 with 8/10 in Potency Improvement (can use Rekura and Rede to make VR7 - VR9 glyphs)
Provisioning - level 50 with 6/6 in Recipe Improvement (can make any green recipe)
Woodworking - level 50 with 9/10 in Woodworking (can use Nightwood to make VR9 - VR14 items)

The problem that I'm having is that I'm not getting the writs that match what I can make. I'm getting the Nightwood, Void Cloth/Shadow Hide and Voidstone writs so I'm not worried about those. I'm also getting the Enchanting writs that match what I can make so I'm not worried about that either. But I'm only getting VR10 Provisioning writs even though I've maxed out my Recipe Improvement and should be getting the next level of writs. And I'm still only getting VR5 Alchemy writs as well even though I should be getting the next level (VR10) wits.

Now I don't have any of the dlc yet so I understand that I can't drop stuff off in dlc locations but shouldn't there be a base game equivalent so that I can do the higher level writs? Or has Zenimax made it so that I have to spend more money in order to get the best write? Any help with this would be great. Thanks!!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I don't have any of the dlc yet

Because of this, your locked into the Writs you can turn into Craglorn. Which means no VR15 recipe writs. As for VR10 Alchemy writs, I don't remember if we ever got those, it might have jumped up to VR15 with Wrothgar.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    Everything I can find about Alchemy writs says the last level of writ is in Craglorn or Orsinium so I should be able to do them. But its not even letting me get the 7/8 writs. It still gives me the 6/8 writs for alchemy.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For Alchemy, are you dropping off in Craglorn? I have 7/8 in alchemy and am dropping off in Craglorn, but the writs require Cloud Mist, not Star Dew.

As Nestor mentioned, I don't believe writs using Star Dew were ever implemented. For the longest time, the highest level potions you could make was V5. They implemented V10 and V15 potions at the same time, but only added one additional tier of writs.

If someone has actually received writs requiring Star Dew, let us know.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium is the top level for alchemy. Writs there require Lorkhan's Tears. You can only get LT from dlc (Orsinium, IC)
    I don't comment here often but when I do, I get [snip]
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orsinium is the top level for alchemy. Writs there require Lorkhan's Tears. You can only get LT from dlc (Orsinium, IC)

TG dlc also, and guildstores everywhere :3

Best location is IC DLC to gain the tears though.
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    For Alchemy, are you dropping off in Craglorn? I have 7/8 in alchemy and am dropping off in Craglorn, but the writs require Cloud Mist, not Star Dew.

That makes sense. I just don't understand why you can have the skill to make the items but not be able to do the writs. It seems like they could add a drop off point for the highest level writs in the base game.