Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sets of armour: Base game only.

Elektrakosh
Elektrakosh
✭✭✭
What are these sets of armour folk are raving about? Torug here, Julianos,there? I know that these are ones that I cannot possibly get my hands on plus my main is a Sorceror. All I found was one piece of Elegant once oh and gauntlets of the Knightmare. All I have is the base game. Could any of you help me out in ways of knowledge?

Thank you for your time.
Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
EU/UK. Xbox One.
Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for a sorcerer
    jewelry: willpower - lootable from imperail city DLC
    armor - julianos - craftable from orsinium DLC
    seducer is good for pvp - craftable 3 trait from base game
    weapons - maelstrom weapons
    monster sets - for a sorc molag kena - lootable from molag kena in veteran white gold tower
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    for a sorcerer
    jewelry: willpower - lootable from imperail city DLC
    armor - julianos - craftable from orsinium DLC
    seducer is good for pvp - craftable 3 trait from base game
    weapons - maelstrom weapons
    monster sets - for a sorc molag kena - lootable from molag kena in veteran white gold tower

Ah PvP, the impossible place for me, so no Molag kena. So I'm looking at seducer then? I have no knowledge on where to attempt to find that. RNG is not my friend.
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Julianos isn't a PvP set its in orsinium and it's what I use on my Sorc along with arch Mage which OK is a PvP set
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    davidtxr wrote: »
    Julianos isn't a PvP set its in orsinium and it's what I use on my Sorc along with arch Mage which OK is a PvP set

I only have base game so that julianos set is not an option. Arch mage nope not a chance PvP is an impossible place for me. Below than average player and only do PvE only. Thanks for your input

As I have said I found a couple of items that could be in a set. Knightmare and Elegant which are not very good.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on March 11, 2016 2:58PM
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are these sets of armour folk are raving about? Torug here, Julianos,there? I know that these are ones that I cannot possibly get my hands on plus my main is a Sorceror. All I found was one piece of Elegant once oh and gauntlets of the Knightmare. All I have is the base game. Could any of you help me out in ways of knowledge?

Thank you for your time.

Torug can be crafted in the base game. Julianos can be crafted in Orsinium. If you do not have Orsinium, you can hire another player to craft it for you. Willpower necklaces and rings drop from trophy vaults in Imperial City. If you do not have Imperial City, you can also buy them from other players or guild traders. Molag Kena shoulders drop from gold key Undaunted pledges, which can be run in base game. Molag Kena head drops from last boss of White Gold Tower dungeon. If you do not have White Gold Tower (PvE dungeon that was part of Imperial City DLC), I believe there is a new NPC vendor in Cyrodiil who will sell random monster heads/shoulders on the weekends. The vendor is near the Cyrodiil gates. You will not need to engage in PvP to get to vendor. You may be able to get Molag Kena gear from there.

Maelstrom weapons drop from final chest of Veteran Maelstrom Arena. This is part of Orsinium DLC and is very difficult content and there is no other way to obtain. Most people use crafted Torug/Julianos weapons if they cannot get a Maelstrom weapon.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How many traits are researched on your light armour?

First choice base game is kagernacs. 8 traits required though.

Could fill the extra slots with torug's, magnus or seducer. 2,5,4 traits respectively I think. Arch mage is pvp set which is a good 3 piece. People sell it at guild traders.

Jewellery... You're a bit stuck. You can but willpower from guild traders though.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 11, 2016 3:03PM
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

Thank you for your time.

Torug can be crafted in the base game. Julianos can be crafted in Orsinium. If you do not have Orsinium, you can hire another player to craft it for you. Willpower necklaces and rings drop from trophy vaults in Imperial City. If you do not have Imperial City, you can also buy them from other players or guild traders. Molag Kena shoulders drop from gold key Undaunted pledges, which can be run in base game. Molag Kena head drops from last boss of White Gold Tower dungeon. If you do not have White Gold Tower (PvE dungeon that was part of Imperial City DLC), I believe there is a new NPC vendor in Cyrodiil who will sell random monster heads/shoulders on the weekends. The vendor is near the Cyrodiil gates. You will not need to engage in PvP to get to vendor. You may be able to get Molag Kena gear from there.

Maelstrom weapons drop from final chest of Veteran Maelstrom Arena. This is part of Orsinium DLC and is very difficult content and there is no other way to obtain. Most people use crafted Torug/Julianos weapons if they cannot get a Maelstrom weapon.

Yeah about PvP... I can't do it, plain and simple my restoration built couldn't cut it. I'd need a lot of gold for hiring folk to help out and I'm pretty sure 5k won't cover any of the prices as that is all I have. Mostly spent on materials before all these newfangled motifs and rare mats came out. I'm pretty much at a loss. Never saw Torug stuff in my entire playthrough. One elegant and one knightmare. That is all.

It's not great to be reminded but it's the way it is. Thanks for the input. I'll think I'll leave the game now. I feel inadequate.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭

I only have base game so that julianos set is not an option. Arch mage nope not a chance PvP is an impossible place for me. Below than average player and only do PvE only. Thanks for your input

As I have said I found a couple of items that could be in a set. Knightmare and Elegant which are not very good.

JoIn a guild I'm sure someone could craft it for you
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For good sets you'll need to craft them.

Nothing good drops in base game except arch mage from pvp.

All the other sets are like vet12 max.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    How many traits are researched on your light armour?

First choice base game is kagernacs. 8 traits required though.

Could fill the extra slots with torug's, magnus or seducer. 2,5,4 traits respectively I think. Arch mage is pvp set which is a good 3 piece. People sell it at guild traders.

Jewellery... You're a bit stuck. You can but willpower from guild traders though.

Not many due to bad RNG and actually finding light armour with any traits at all. Oh I think I got one which does not help my Sorceror in any way.

I think it's because she is an Argonian.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your time.

Yeah about PvP... I can't do it, plain and simple my restoration built couldn't cut it. I'd need a lot of gold for hiring folk to help out and I'm pretty sure 5k won't cover any of the prices as that is all I have. Mostly spent on materials before all these newfangled motifs and rare mats came out. I'm pretty much at a loss. Never saw Torug stuff in my entire playthrough. One elegant and one knightmare. That is all.

It's not great to be reminded but it's the way it is. Thanks for the input. I'll think I'll leave the game now. I feel inadequate.

Torug and Juliano will never drop from enemies. Can only be crafted by players. Unless you want it VR16 and upgraded to legendary, it will not be very expensive to hire someone to craft it for you. Also, none of the stuff I mentioned requires PvP.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭

JoIn a guild I'm sure someone could craft it for you

Every guild I joined asked for gold which I don't have. I have become wary since then. I don't belong to any because of this.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Torug and Juliano will never drop from enemies. Can only be crafted by players. Unless you want it VR16 and upgraded to legendary, it will not be very expensive to hire someone to craft it for you. Also, none of the stuff I mentioned requires PvP.
    All I wanted is something to match my level. Tried clothier but somehow will not raise past vet one. I don't understand how players can make sets without learning it in some way.
    I'm still learning and know nothing. I can make vet one robes but have no way of putting traits on them. I'm stuck.
    It makes no sense if players can make them and somehow I cannot. What am I missing?

A link would be good as this has frustrated me to no end.

I think this game is too complicated for me. I've won the main story with one character. That'll do. Es6 can't arrive fast enough.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on March 11, 2016 3:32PM
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    For leveling up clothing:
    - Search guild kiosks (you don’t have to be part of the guild) for ‘intricate’ items that are veteran rank - buy these and deconstruct them to level up as quickly as possible.
    - If you can’t afford to buy intricate things, see if you can find someone to exchange crafted items with to deconstruct to help you both level up
    - If you don’t know anyone who wants to craft with you, then you’ll want to do whatever you can to either make more gold to buy intricates with or to obtain green/blue/purple items of your level or above to deconstruct. You might check ESOhead maps for chest locations and run around looting chests as they usually drop good stuff instead of whites like you often get from killing things.

For researching traits:
    In the far right tab of the crafting station interface - with a triangular symbol - you will find the ‘Research’ area where it shows what you have already researched and allows you to select traited items to start researching. Have you done this?
    - You’ll want to invest points into “Stitching” if you haven’t already so that you can research more at once in less time.
    - Again search guild kiosks and buy items with the trait you want to research. You probably want to focus on getting Divines, Infused, Reinforced, and Impenetrable as they are more useful than the others.

For crafting set locations to make your own set:
    http://lyser.fr/jeux/teso/cup-of-tea/
    or
    http://eso-fashion.com/hidden-crafting-stations/
    or
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations?responseToken=61ab2e51d68bf320174678e21fcf01cc

Base Game Crafted sets related to Magic:
    3 traits researched on each item you wish to craft:
    - Seducer (probably best of the three)
    - Twilight’s Embrace
    - Torug’s Pact

4 traits researched:
    - Magnus’ Gift

6 traits researched:
    - Willows Path (I think 2 items does magic regen)

8 traits researched:
    - Kagrenac’s Hope (in the Earth forge if you’ve completed the fighter’s guild)
    - Eyes of Mara (on Eyvea if you’ve completed the mage’s guild)
    Edited by Aelthwyn on March 12, 2016 2:38AM
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Ah thank you! All I need to do is try to find intricate light armours etc? Right, I guess is yet another run around Tamriel. Won't be able to get end of guild item (eyvea) as I have already completed those without finding said traits in time due to poor RNG. Looks like seducer stuff instead. I wish I could find lots of gold.

Guild vendors only seem to stock the new motif flavours of armour and materials now so there is no chance of getting anything, not even jute or sanded maple which I sorely need for my low level woodworker Sorceror. I checked every single one I could find.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on March 12, 2016 7:28AM
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willpower jewelry drops at end-bosses in veteran scaled dungeons but the drop chance is very low. You can buy it from other players and guildtraders in Craglorn, Rawlk Ka or your capital City (Elden Root or Wayrest or Mournhold).
    -Arcane traited willpower jewelry is expensive, if you just started out then maybe Healthy trait is better + cheaper for you.

Molag Kena head drop from Endboss in White Gold Tower, and the shoulders drop from Undaunted silver and gold pledges - however you can sometimes buy them from NPC in Cyrodiil.
    -The NPC that sells those sets is located at your alliance base in Cyrodiil, there is 0 pvp there. You can teleport in, find the NPC, buy your head and shoulder, then take wayshrine out of Cyrodiil again.
    -The NPC sells those sets for Allience Points (pvp currency) and gold (pve currency). The cost of it is around 100,000g per item.
    • Kagrenacs Hope 8 trait set = good set, but mainly good for pvp. It's a not so bad for pve set though... better than alternatives.
    • Julianos 6 trait set = best craftable set, but located in DLC area. It can be bought/ traded with players who have DLC access though, so if you find one that can make it for you, it's not so bad.
    • Torugs Pact 3 trait set = good set, if you only use 2-3 pieces of it. People mainly make 1 armor piece + weapons of this set.
    • Magnus's Gift 4 trait set = great set for 4 or 5 piece bonus. The 5th piece bonus is not as great as Seducer's 5th bonus, so many players choose to only wear 4 pieces of this set. This set is mainly used by players who still lvl up.
    • Seducer 3 trait set = most crafted and popular set for players who level up. It's great for the regen and reduced magicka cost, however not so great for group content, where damage matters more than regen.

These are my recomendations if you are v16:
    1. Focus getting your weapons upgraded to v16 and minimum quality purple.
    2. Start farming raw materials and flowers in Craglorn. Refine the materials to get gold tempers, sell those for profit. It is important that you have 3 skillpoints invested in refinement, if you don't have your crafting lvl'ed that much up yet to have those 3 passives - then sell the raw materials instead. 200 of any raw cloth material sells for 4,000g or more, and ores + rough wood can be sold for even more.
    3. Sell flowers. Columbine goes for 350g-500g in PC/ EU server, meanwhile Water Hyacinth goes for 25g-35g ...read up a little about what flowers are most wanted and cost, check out their prices in guildstores and try to sell them after that
    4. Ask around and join 1-2 friendly pve guilds, then when you join them be a little social and chatty. People like that, and eventually you will get a few friends.
    5. Ask around in those guilds or among your friends for a good trading guild with a trader, that doesn't require you to pay a membership fee. You can join up to 5 guilds in total.

These are my recomendations if you are v1-v15:
    1. Gather flowers and raw materials.
    2. Ask around for a few friendly and active pve guilds.
    3. Socialize and get friends.
    4. Get v1 warlock jewelry set, and wear it with 2 armor pieces, Wear 4 Magnus's Gift pieces, wear 2 Torugs Pact pieces. You can change the Magnus and Torugs Pact pieces, but keep the v1 warlock untill you are around v12-v13.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely been gathering resources too, especially with my ALTs too. Problem is I just ran out of room. Snookered big time.
    I may ask around here (Guild section) to see if anyone will take me on.
    That's a tough thing as it does not come naturally to me. Mental health problems tends to do that.
    Warlock? Another set piece I have not heard of.

Thanks I shall try some of that. PvP is not an option so I shall pass. Competitive play stresses me out.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    What sever are you on? If you're on PS4 NA I can craft you most of these sets. 8 trait light armor.
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    What sever are you on? If you're on PS4 NA I can craft you most of these sets. 8 trait light armor.

Xbox one Eu server. Thank you for the thought.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    here is a link to a site that has a good listing of armor sets:

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins