Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to convert EU server download to NA and vice versa

egosumacunnus
egosumacunnus
✭✭✭
Open your launcher switch to the server you don't have, make sure it is not downloading.

Copy pasta the server folder you do have into the server folder you do not.

Folder names are below if you need to create the DIR. They both go in the same folder, so wherever you installed to.

'The Elder Scrolls Online' for NA
'The Elder Scrolls Online' EU for EU

Go into the server you just pasted and delete the version files.

depot.version
game_player.version
vo_XX.version where XX is your language mine is English so i would delete vo_en.version.

Go back to the launcher, above the news feed is a drop down menu called 'Game options', select 'Repair'. When it finishes you will be able to play the game on the other server.

Enjoy :)
If real life had a block function i would go out more.

Proud to have spent a year paying to BETA test ESO for consoles.

Error Code 301
  • kaosodin
    kaosodin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have not tried it, sounds good from a tech stqnd point.

If It works, well done
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    if you have enough room on hard drive simply copy paste entire eso folder and just rename and run repair:
    'The Elder Scrolls Online EU' for EU
    downside is you have 2 copies of the game, (3 if your running PTS too), upside is can switch between servers without resorting to renaming files/deleting version files, every time you want to change server
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you're not locked out of one server because your single game client has been patched from the other.

Disk space these days is dirt cheap, I prefer to 'official' way to do this, it's better for the reason I just noted but mainly because it's the way ZOS designed and support this feature.
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭
    Tiyamel wrote: »
    if you have enough room on hard drive simply copy paste entire eso folder and just rename and run repair:
    downside is you have 2 copies of the game, (3 if your running PTS too), upside is can switch between servers without resorting to renaming files/deleting version files, every time you want to change server

You still need to delete the version files when switching servers or you will get an error message from the launcher.

Error Code 301
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭

You still need to delete the version files when switching servers or you will get an error message from the launcher.

nope, just switch server in preferences in launcher, as long as you have repaired them first, you can switch freely at will without changing or deleting any other files
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copy pasta
    Simply the best pasta out there ...
  • egosumacunnus
    egosumacunnus
    ✭✭✭

nope, just switch server in preferences in launcher, as long as you have repaired them first, you can switch freely at will without changing or deleting any other files

Odd, when I try that I get a version error.
    Edited by egosumacunnus on June 12, 2014 4:14PM

Error Code 301
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the OP's method of converting still work or are other file changes needed now?
  • Garetth
    Garetth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know this too.
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Garett tried it and it worked.

Made sure completely empty folder "The Elder Scrolls Online EU" was available, and the launcher was up and NOT downloading on the EU server; then did transfers and deletions, and immediately hit "Repair".

Few minutes later was good to go.
  • RaunHunter
    RaunHunter
    ✭✭✭
    This method doesn't work anymore. At least not on my PC. I never really understood the need for two different set of files for the two servers. The reason why it is required for the PTS server is obvious, but the game is entirely the same for both NA and EU servers. So, what's the point of having two copies of everything?
    Lesson #1: Red means dead.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are wrong Tiamel if you don't delete them the game will never launch, OP is right.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."