Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.3.4

• Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    Zero Templar notes.

Shocking...

Abilities that heal based on their damage done (Strife, Puncturing Sweeps, Surge, etc.) will now properly calculate their heal values when the damage is fully or partially absorbed.

It was just hidden

That is a 'fix', and applies to all classes. Strife = NB, surge = sorc, DK = burning embers.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    And still no notes on templars. GG ZOS
    QQing is a full time job
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you guys are still fighting for the Templar.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    • Note: Everyone will be displayed as a member of the Aldmeri Dominion once you enter the Trial. This is not a permanent change, and you will be reverted back to your original alliance once you leave the Trial, or the group is disbanded.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Is this the future of all potential cross-faction gameplay, or a stop-gap measure while a more robust system (in which you would keep your own alliance affiliation) is in development?

It's just a temporary thing (and again, this is a visual thing only; your alliance isn't actually changing).

Actually it is not just a visual thing. If you are DC or EP and you group with the grouping tool and are shown as AD then you can't use the teleport to player function to get out of the instance. Actually if you for example right click on a AD player in a guild roster it will give you the option to teleport to him but it will then say you can't teleport to him cause he is not your alliance, but there are no options to travel to any player that is actually in your alliance. Now I know this is not that big of a deal considering you can just disband and then wait until you are kicked out or leave the old fashioned way but hey its a convenience thing.

ok I get it Paulsimonps... yes, it's a small inconvenience. So just drop group and... hey! you can port out already! There.
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEW FEATURES / UPDATES / BIG CHANGES

Combat Animations
    We have reverted the animation prioritization changes that were introduced in patch 2.3.0, and will release these changes once they’re ready. Combat animations will now work as they currently do on the Live megaservers.

So literally the only thing I liked about TG DLC has been reverted. I guess you don't care since you've already got my money (my opinion). Have a nice year, see you never hopefully.

Edit: And all the horrible templar changes are going live. With this revert you can't say you couldn't change them.
    Edited by MikeB on March 2, 2016 2:58AM
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone gets rooted in pvp, everyone dies in pvp...it just happens sometimes...also team mechanics play an important role ...it sounds more like the skills you want to use are not the right skills to use for any particular event...but I do not play with you(or want to) so idk...some players get this idea in their head that they are going to use this skill and that skill and it is just going to work, but that is not how it works. Another thing is pve and pvp builds can be very different...they generally are in fact...I'm not saying you are an inadequate player, but maybe you are expecting the wrong things to work? I personally avoid anything with a cast time for instance...no because they are not good skills/morphs, but because they can be finicky, and in pvp you need stability, you need skill you can rely on even if it means 2-5k less dps...if you can't pull it off, it is not contributing to your dps/hps. and I will leave it at that, as I get the impression you will do nothing but complain about how your templar is not powerful enough regardless of whether you know how to play it or not. Play your NB, you'll be happier, even if they are a bit more technical.

Are you serious? Every ability should work, everything. Whether said ability is viable is another discussion. The problem with ESO, since BETA, is that abilities just don't work or are so low on the viability scale they're useless. The Templar class is nothing but abilities that just don't work or are useless comparatively. In PvE templars work because of how easy the game is, this was until vMA was introduced and templars are all but nonexistent on the leaderboards.

People would be happier playing NB's because the class abilities are viable AND work. Surprise Attack is =/= to Wrecking Blow. Which is the most widely used, and regardless of how cheesy, viable ability in PvP. They have maneuverability, escapes, damage, sustain, class buffs Temps don't get along with many other benefits over Templars. Thanks for unintentionally confirming temps are horrible.
    Edited by MikeB on March 2, 2016 3:30AM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    This was my last hope for something regarding the Templar issues, but we got nothing.

I would like to know why is that. Do you devs believe Templars are on a good position and that the people in the Official Templar Feedback Thread are imagining things? What was that thread created for, too? Was it just for people to vent? Are you guys reading? If so, why didn't you post in there?

Apparently they were too worried about reverting any changes that would balance NB's. They nerfed the reveal time in every iteration of the patch. If they had time to get to 2.3.6 cloak would probably become a passive and all NB's would be invisible at all times.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    seems everyone is forgetting a few things.
    1) templars are amazing, don't ask for changes that may get them additional nerfs...if you do not know how to theory craft one, then use a tutorial ....they are a strong class, I preffer NB, but I have a stamplar and a magica build templar...no issues...in fact they are probably stonger than my NB to a small degree.
    2) templars are maneuverable on the battlefield...focused charge for one, you can also use a 2h for charge as well...
    3) Zos devs do not have as much say as people think as to what gets changed in the game, and the higher-ups expect them to keep this game going by providing more content...since they promissed they would...they need to do so, otherwise they lose credibility
    4) no one is forcing anyone to play this game.
    5) sorry if any of this was already pointed out...I stopped reading the whining after page 2

otoh anyone complaining about lag has a legitimate complaint....pvp or pve it is just silly sometimes.

Lol, did you just use the most broken unreliable skill in the game as an example of how Templars are mobile on the battlefield?
  • LemonSquishie
    LemonSquishie
    ✭✭
    Please revert the change made to Breath of Life.

If a change must be made to it, please just make it heal for a bit less, not one less person.
    Edited by LemonSquishie on March 2, 2016 10:05AM
  • LemonSquishie
    LemonSquishie
    ✭✭
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »
    I also fail to understand the reason they won't listen to us? Like at this point you seriously have to wonder why they won't listen to plp who actually play the game a whole bunch? We're literally telling them how to fix this game and bring in more money basically but they aren't listening are the things were telling them really that hard to do? Idk at this point I'm really started to just feel disrespected all other mmos I've played they actually listen to the player base if it's actually something good and smart and will help the game but zos almost never listens to us at this point it's blatant disregard for their player base and that just really isn't good more people are gonna leave this game and then they'll be like oh dang guess we better fix it now nah too late dark souls three is coming out blade and souls IS out ffxiv is out with a new patch lichdom battle mage is coming out ZENIMAX if you wanna keep plp in this game and not on others hardly then it would really be beneficial for you to hear us and actually do the things we want were not clueless kids we care about the game and want to see it be the best mmo out there and IT DOES have potential to be BUT the small things you guys won't add or fix is crippling this game ya know things like we'll fitted? Why is that even a trait lol plp ride horses in pvp hardly anyone needs sprint reduction that's one of those small things that needs afjusting cause waiting for the dark brother hood to come out before you do more balancing and fixes isn't a smart move you're gonna push your player base away and honestly it's getting to where even the casual plp who not even play much are starting to see the things that need adjusting idk just my two cents you should really listen to us and man honestly if you have to take the game down for a week or so to fix EVERYTHING we've mentioned that needs fixing or added to the game I'm all for that I'd rather that happen than to play more dlc with more bugs and exploits this isn't all hate post it's just what I think as a hard core player I live this game just please listen to us

lol
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Templar community has nearly arrived at a consensus of which new game to play in the "Official Feedback Thread for Templars".
  • MrJagermeister
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    The Templar community has nearly arrived at a consensus of which new game to play in the "Official Feedback Thread for Templars".

Spoiler alert: It's not this one. See you in The Division, agents.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

I must have missed it, where is the fix for Dragons Blood? I read the notes 3 times and I can't see it anywhere...
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

I must have missed it, where is the fix for Dragons Blood? I read the notes 3 times and I can't see it anywhere...

You will equip a resto staff, use blessing of restoration like everyone else, and you will like it! Because homogenization is bad! Wait...
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw footage of this game. It looks good, but it couldn't be more different from ESO. Realistic warfare tactics game vs. minimalistic UI fantasy setting MMORPG? Not judging anyone, just saying these two games wouldn't be interchangeable for me.
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

I saw footage of this game. It looks good, but it couldn't be more different from ESO. Realistic warfare tactics game vs. minimalistic UI fantasy setting MMORPG? Not judging anyone, just saying these two games wouldn't be interchangeable for me.

People want a good game to play, not a good mmorpg. The games don't have to be interchangeable, the other one just has to be more fun to play, the dev team have a clue, be somewhat balanced and mininal bugs. Stuff ESO has never had.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Combat Animations
    We have reverted the animation prioritization changes that were introduced in patch 2.3.0, and will release these changes once they’re ready. Combat animations will now work as they currently do on the Live megaservers.

i think i might just make a templar and play the saddest music i can now...
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh joys, they back tracked on their word to tone down animation cancelling, what a surprise.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    Oh joys, they back tracked on their word to tone down animation cancelling, what a surprise.
    In case you hadn't tested it on PTS, it really wasn't ready. Their attempt interfered with the flow of combat, which is something they specifically stated they didn't want to do.

While I don't agree with all of the comments in the feedback thread, there were some good points made there. Here's Rich's full post:
    Just wanted to update everyone on where we are at with the animation prioritization efforts going on right now. At its core, the goal for the change was to make it clear which attacks players were using, while preserving the responsiveness of combat. We’ve made great strides towards this, but there are still a number of cases where things just don’t look or feel right (blocking as an example). As such, we’re going to be rolling back this change in next week's PTS patch (2.3.4) and will not be taking it to the Live megaservers.

We will continue to iterate on the system internally and will roll out the changes when they are ready.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's true. And not only the templar community, but the hardcore PvP community as well. When you see guild names like Banana squad, Necrotic and Hodor in a certain game that isn't ESO you know what is up :). Half of the people talking in global chat at any given time are names I recognize from ESO. Another game purely focused on RvRvR is coming out and quite a few people have been hyping that one on these forums as well. How empty will Cyrodiil be if all the PvPers that have been here for 2+ years leave? Remember the famous philosophical question? "If a tree falls in Cyrodiil and no one is around to hear it, does it still lag?".

Anyway, these are the times when a lot of the playerbase is considering or already made the decision of switching to other games. Meanwhile the devs at Zenimax are pushing people further away from this lovely game with their radio silence on almost all topics.
    Edited by Husan on March 3, 2016 8:51AM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

This is the kind of hollow argument that wrobel sees and allows him to justify his terrible class balance work. I wreck people on my Templar at times as well, but I'm not oblivious to the flaws of the class, nor am I oblivious to the fact that I could perform just as well if not better on one of my other classes. .

But did you tell him to get out of your house :wink: ?
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »

Mother of Auri-El... is that one sentence?

I like many of the changes, some less than others. BUT the 1 mat / stolen item is fantastic, no more floods of mats because people just log and steal...
    Edited by Duiwel on March 3, 2016 9:20AM
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone really come to Elder Scrolls Online looking for hardcore pvp or pve? I mean its main audience are people who enjoy single player games. The majority of people who play and pay for this game are casuals. Its elder scrolls. If ZOS was smart they would remember that.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on March 3, 2016 2:15PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone really come to Elder Scrolls Online looking for hardcore pvp or pve? I mean its main audience are people who enjoy single player games. The majority of people who play and pay for this game are casuals. Its elder scrolls. If ZOS was smart they would remember that.
    Yes, my favorite eso game is tes:3 Morrowind and thats why i came to eso - to proove that my member of House Dagoth dunmer, paladin of Lorkhan from Morrowind is strongest paladin in Tamriel. :p
    It means hardcore pvp.
    Edited by Cinbri on March 3, 2016 3:20PM
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »
    @Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno

You will equip a resto staff, use blessing of restoration like everyone else, and you will like it! Because homogenization is bad! Wait...

Ok now I'm confused, doesn't that mean like everyone does the same thing? But if we all have resto staves and blessing... Wait, I think I see what you did there...
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    Zero Templar notes.

Shocking...

Abilities that heal based on their damage done (Strife, Puncturing Sweeps, Surge, etc.) will now properly calculate their heal values when the damage is fully or partially absorbed.

It was just hidden

I hope it also affects backlashs ince after my last testing, i jabspammed a shieldstacker and it did 13 dmg. Yesm 13 dmg xD

That's a bug-fix more than a buff. And it directly affect every class, pretty evenly...so long as you're a Magika class.

#ZosHatesStams
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    I like many of the changes, some less than others. BUT the 1 mat / stolen item is fantastic, no more floods of mats because people just log and steal...

I don't like it, since I used that method to help supplement my daily crafting writs. I'd usually spend 5-10 mins. farming mats and then when I got tired of competing with all the other farmers in overfarmed Crag (on XB at least), I'd supplement with deconning stolen gear. Now, this change just means I won't be doing these writs everyday, since I'm not spending 30+ minutes farming for the mats and I'm not spending money at the traders for writs.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on March 3, 2016 11:02PM
  • BalgusFlinn
    BalgusFlinn
    ✭✭✭
    Fix toppling charge please. When my house is burning down, I need an effective way to get out!
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, some might've wanted something more than just facerolling everything and anything thrown your way, but I guess the people with 1k dps and no defensive skills whined too much about it being too hard.............
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • Djeriko
    Djeriko
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I love how in these patch notes you have fixed alignment of weapons and armor to make it look realistic. This gives the impression that you want appearance to be very high on the list of priorities as well as functionality.

Now here's where I point out several other older styles that still have not been properly fixed to make them more realistic as well. (notes to you from myself already sent so it's not new for you to know this)

This includes:

The spikes/talons on Xivkin armor for the knees and arms hovering in the air without contact with the other armor pieces.
    Solution: Bring the spikes into contact with the armor it's supposed to be on. It just makes sense.

Ancient Elf Shields positioned incorrectly on the character's back and arms when carried. Basically its positioned too high on the character models. (put an ancient armor shield on in first person and hold block to see what I mean. It completely takes up the screen compared to other shields)
    Solution: Lower the position of the shield on the character when worn and held. Easy reference point when held is the straps on the shield can be put parallel with the arm and when worn on the back the shield needs to be much lower to at least the same height on the character's as the rest of the shields.

Xivkin Shields suffer from a similar incorrect positioning as Ancient Elf Shields however it just hovers away from the character model's back when worn and arm when being held. (MAGIC HOVERING SHIELDS FOR EVERYONE!)
    Solution: just bring the shield's in a little.

And my personal favorite, Glass armor + the dye system = INCORRECT DYES! Red dye on other armor styles makes red. Easy to understand however red dye on Glass armor (specifically heavy armor) makes pink. Black makes grey and so on. Also if you change to a darker color of red, the pink dye comes out lighter. How is that supposed to make sense? Also by the gauntlets controlling the knee pad colors on the Glass heavy boots (fixed in the above patch notes) you showed that it is actually possible to get the correct color produced on Glass armor. So why is the correct dye not produced standard? WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!

Also just as an added minor issue, the Glass shields have a bad habit of glowing for no reason compared to the rest of your armor in certain lightings.
    "When in doubt, kill it with fire."