Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Channeled Focus nerf

• Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So with the improved CP system u can buff both magical damage/elemental and damage over time...on the same CP or a different one? And has anyone anyone really tested it to the depths to see if dotcp improves the channeled casts? :)
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    So with the improved CP system u can buff both magical damage/elemental and damage over time...on the same CP or a different one? And has anyone anyone really tested it to the depths to see if dotcp improves the channeled casts? :)
    Elemental expert for magicka buff I Elemental Defender for magicka,element protection
    Thaumaturge for dot buff I Thickskinned for dot protection
    And yes, dot buff by thaumaturge increase channels' damage like Jabs or RD.
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Elemental expert for magicka buff I Elemental Defender for magicka,element protection

So going 50/50 is the best way or anyone has made any in depth calculations what is the best ratio?
    ~ @Niekas ~

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

So going 50/50 is the best way or anyone has made any in depth calculations what is the best ratio?

It would depend entirely on how many DoT/Channel skills you use in your rotation, since Elfborn (crit damage star) is also a factor if you have higher crit chance.

@Asayre made this very helpful spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zp9v1Vp4Z7X6zfDfcxTwyAnejv-tEC5LujbXYBiVMDk/edit#gid=599371859

If you fiddle with the ratios at the bottom and set dot damage to 1.0 (100%, ie all you do is spam Sweeps and RD) then an even spilt between EE and Thau with around 15 in Elfborn is the way to go.

The lower your crit chance the less you put into Elfborn and the more you force into EE and Thau.
    Edited by danno8 on March 7, 2016 1:53PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Fat_Cat45 wrote: »
    The magicka regen operated completely different than the Restoring Focus morph, so it is time to make it universal.

On live client the advertised 8% incoming healing "Minor Vitality" only lasts .5 seconds if you leave the rune.

I'm glad the usefulness of the rune for stam builds is going up, but it comes at the cost of lowering the magicka recover one

Or they could have thrown the Templar a (rather small) bone and just made the minor vitality on Restoring Focus match the "out of rune" magicka regeneration given by Channeled Focus.

But since they gave it major healing I guess they figured "we can't give Templars something without taking something else away" even though technically the major healing is 5% lower than the extra healing bonus we had before, although admittedly more usable than before. They also nerfed the heal on Puncturing Sweep because of this addition.

Why can't they just buff Templars without nerfing them somewhere else?

why does everyone keep saying they nerf puncturing sweep heal. seriously LOL. dot cp buffs sweep up to 25% more damage= more healing+ our change to major mending means AN ADITIONL 25% healing when using sweeps in 'our house'.

Because they did.
    • You are not always in your house
    • constructing a new "house" is a waste of a global cooldown
    • templars are not the only class to benefit from CP streamlining. Yes, jabs CAN do more damage if you have the CPs to spend, but the other classes and your opponents can also do the same. In short, it's just keeping up with the Jones.
    • because the default unconditional heal was 40%. Now its 35%. I have to do other stuff just to get the equivalent healing on Live.
    • ZoS COULD have said to themselves, "you know what, templars and tanks in general have a tough time in Cyrodiil. We made the change to major mending for the specific reason that their heals would be more versatile/effective, so just leave things be and keep the value at 40%

yes i wish rune focus was mobile, but
    you just QQ big time. the facts are, templars use rune focus or lingering ritual or both, so with major mending change we get 25% more jabs healing most of the time. even without tones of cp with the changes templars can split between elemental and dot and end up with more damage than all elemental.... more jabs damage... more healing.
    After the 5% reduction templars are going to see more heals off of jabs end of story.
    yes other people have dot cp too. but almost every staple move is not a dot, lets name a few

crystal shards, mines,curse, cruhing shock, wb,executioner,spin to win, flying blade,surprise attack.... the list goes on its MAJORLY a DD meta.
    the new cp buffs 3 out of 4 of templars dps moves jabs, reflective light, radient destruction. this new cp buffs magica templars and dk MUCH more than anyone else.

I don't qq.

I look at things from multiple perspectives without rose-colored glasses. And I occasionally use correct punctuation and grammar.

Lingering Ritual? Don't PvP much do you? Yeah, when I'm toughing it out on a Fungal Grotto daily, I'll be sure to stay inside my "house" and get that conditional buff to sweep heals.

Your templar likes the CP changes to consolidate the damage stars? It better, because Sorcerers and DKs like them even more.

Go ahead and say I'm wrong and just whine. Just know that your thinking about these changes aligns with Eric Wrobel's - yeah moar damage and I'll always be safe in my "house." We will see who turns out to be more prophetic when the next DLC comes around.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 7, 2016 2:33PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The magicka regen operated completely different than the Restoring Focus morph, so it is time to make it universal.

On live client the advertised 8% incoming healing "Minor Vitality" only lasts .5 seconds if you leave the rune.

I'm glad the usefulness of the rune for stam builds is going up, but it comes at the cost of lowering the magicka recover one

Or they could have thrown the Templar a (rather small) bone and just made the minor vitality on Restoring Focus match the "out of rune" magicka regeneration given by Channeled Focus.

But since they gave it major healing I guess they figured "we can't give Templars something without taking something else away" even though technically the major healing is 5% lower than the extra healing bonus we had before, although admittedly more usable than before. They also nerfed the heal on Puncturing Sweep because of this addition.

why does everyone keep saying they nerf puncturing sweep heal. seriously LOL. dot cp buffs sweep up to 25% more damage= more healing+ our change to major mending means AN ADITIONL 25% healing when using sweeps in 'our house'.

Because they did.
    • templars are not the only class to benefit from CP streamlining. Yes, jabs CAN do more damage if you have the CPs to spend, but the other classes and your opponents can also do the same. In short, it's just keeping up with the Jones.
    • because the default unconditional heal was 40%. Now its 35%. I have to do other stuff just to get the equivalent healing on Live.
    • ZoS COULD have said to themselves, "you know what, templars and tanks in general have a tough time in Cyrodiil. We made the change to major mending for the specific reason that their heals would be more versatile/effective, so just leave things be and keep the value at 40%

you just QQ big time. the facts are, templars use rune focus or lingering ritual or both, so with major mending change we get 25% more jabs healing most of the time. even without tones of cp with the changes templars can split between elemental and dot and end up with more damage than all elemental.... more jabs damage... more healing.
    After the 5% reduction templars are going to see more heals off of jabs end of story.
    yes other people have dot cp too. but almost every staple move is not a dot, lets name a few

crystal shards, mines,curse, cruhing shock, wb,executioner,spin to win, flying blade,surprise attack.... the list goes on its MAJORLY a DD meta.
    the new cp buffs 3 out of 4 of templars dps moves jabs, reflective light, radient destruction. this new cp buffs magica templars and dk MUCH more than anyone else.

FYI you lost all credibility with the lingering ritual line. Now everyone assumes you are either a troll or a really bad Templar.
    Edited by timidobserver on March 7, 2016 4:14PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because they did.

FYI you lost all credibility with the lingering ritual line. Now everyone assumes you are either a troll or a really bad Templar.

It's almost as bad as praising luminous shards.

I stayed up late purging projectiles and knocking down dodge rollers with sentimental tears, and I bet the only change templars get on the live server will be the removal of the 12% damage buff to Dark Flare.
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They change evrything around to keep you playing. They think if they keep you chasing after the high dps carrot , you'll keep chasing the hare but really its just burning most of us out.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    yes i wish rune focus was mobile, but ... the facts are, templars use rune focus or lingering ritual or both, so with major mending change we get 25% more jabs healing most of the time. even without tones of cp with the changes templars can split between elemental and dot and end up with more damage than all elemental.... more jabs damage... more healing.

You can't reason with the current group of Templars in the forums. Though they have some good points, they have worked up quite a frenzy and will mob you if you disagree. The only reason the Templar feedback thread is so long is because the same names keep feeding the thread. Not all is doom and gloom, and I am actually looking foward to some of the changes for pvp. See ya on the battlefield!

What do you mean by doom and gloom?

People on here could compare 90% of templars skills and passives with other class or world skills (as far as impact, usefulness, praticality and theme) and make a very compelling argument that templars skills/passives are in the bottom tier in comparison.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.. holy necro... this thread was from 2016 and NOTHING about the new changes.
    CP: 1920 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    maxjapank wrote: »
    yes i wish rune focus was mobile, but ... the facts are, templars use rune focus or lingering ritual or both, so with major mending change we get 25% more jabs healing most of the time. even without tones of cp with the changes templars can split between elemental and dot and end up with more damage than all elemental.... more jabs damage... more healing.

You can't reason with the current group of Templars in the forums. Though they have some good points, they have worked up quite a frenzy and will mob you if you disagree. The only reason the Templar feedback thread is so long is because the same names keep feeding the thread. Not all is doom and gloom, and I am actually looking foward to some of the changes for pvp. See ya on the battlefield!

What do you mean by doom and gloom?

People on here could compare 90% of templars skills and passives with other class or world skills (as far as impact, usefulness, praticality and theme) and make a very compelling argument that templars skills/passives are in the bottom tier in comparison.

Necro much? This was back in March 2016. Two years ago. And yet I am still rocking a Templar. So yes, "doom and gloom" is how many sees Templars becoming, and yet some of us manage to keep playing one with success. There are some changes that could make Templar's stronger, but please join the current thread on Templar feedback. lol.
  • tamrielwinner
    tamrielwinner
    ✭✭✭
    please, do not nerf channeled focus!

do not reduce the mana regeneration duration!