The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meteor :)

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    I am going to say this much. If you see the meteor ring on you it is your responsibility to move away from the group, If it is on someone near you it is your responsibility to remove your self from the impact zone.

#duckandcover #stopdropandroll

Yeah until you can't see animations such as meteor, curse or det on you.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None of the other ults are reflectable so meteor should not be either and I will say the same thing I said about prox det. "You all wanted zerg busters but then you want to complain when the zerg gets busted.

The sorcerer ultimate Over Load is reflectable you can dodge roll or side step out of a Dragon Knights dragon leap or Night Blades death stroke you can break the channel of a soul assault by taking on step back and you can easily step out of a standers or nova AOE.

Hmm looks like most to nearly all other ultimates have counters including with being reflectable. So tell me why should Meteor be so damn special and become the new I win ultimate that is clearly gonna cause major problems in PvP ? Why should it now be the only ultimate with out a counter ? What is it cause some players want easy mdoe is that it?

Here's the 2 options I see either your precious Meteor get reflectable again or ever other ultimate in the game gets divine like buffs example being DKs dragon leap and NB death stroke act like a gap closer and roots some one before impact seems fair right ?

Sorc heavy is not reflectable argument nullified.

That was by far the least intellectual counter argument I have ever heard and I dealt with people counter arguments being "L2P".
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the other ults are reflectable so meteor should not be either and I will say the same thing I said about prox det. "You all wanted zerg busters but then you want to complain when the zerg gets busted.

The sorcerer ultimate Over Load is reflectable you can dodge roll or side step out of a Dragon Knights dragon leap or Night Blades death stroke you can break the channel of a soul assault by taking on step back and you can easily step out of a standers or nova AOE.

Hmm looks like most to nearly all other ultimates have counters including with being reflectable. So tell me why should Meteor be so damn special and become the new I win ultimate that is clearly gonna cause major problems in PvP ? Why should it now be the only ultimate with out a counter ? What is it cause some players want easy mdoe is that it?

Here's the 2 options I see either your precious Meteor get reflectable again or ever other ultimate in the game gets divine like buffs example being DKs dragon leap and NB death stroke act like a gap closer and roots some one before impact seems fair right ?

That was by far the least intellectual counter argument I have ever heard and I dealt with people counter arguments being "L2P".

You tell me how it is not the truth. You have nothing so you try to go for a low blow with L2P.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • boabboyle
    boabboyle
    Soul Shriven
    I recently only unlocked it and think its pretty OP :)
    Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them!
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You tell me how it is not the truth. You have nothing so you try to go for a low blow with L2P.

Uh no. Did you even read ? I did not say for you to learn to play I said I have dealt with people who said learn to play as there counter argument. As for you. You said that 1 function of a ultimate that barely any one uses in PvP makes my entire argument invalid which it doesn't. Sorcerers tend to only use over load light attack cause of the range and it's spamable and guess what it is reflectable and as I said over load isn't the only ultimate with a counter or a negative such as dragons leap or death stroke whihc can be dodge rolled or side stepped to avoid.

Now tell me how does over load heavy attack which can be easily dodged by takeing a few step back make my entire argument that Meteor was already on par with ever single other ultimate in the game cause all other ultimates had draw backs or counters ?

You are just one of the pro-meteor players who want it to stay OP cause you and all the other pro-meteor want that "I win" button in PvP. Well I am calling it after a week or 2 on live every one is gonna be screaming for Meteors nerf. Meteor was already on par with the other ultimates but no players are just gonna scream till they have there I win button.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh no. Did you even read ? I did not say for you to learn to play I said I have dealt with people who said learn to play as there counter argument. As for you. You said that 1 function of a ultimate that barely any one uses in PvP makes my entire argument invalid which it doesn't. Sorcerers tend to only use over load light attack cause of the range and it's spamable and guess what it is reflectable and as I said over load isn't the only ultimate with a counter or a negative such as dragons leap or death stroke whihc can be dodge rolled or side stepped to avoid.

Now tell me how does over load heavy attack which can be easily dodged by takeing a few step back make my entire argument that Meteor was already on par with ever single other ultimate in the game cause all other ultimates had draw backs or counters ?

You are just one of the pro-meteor players who want it to stay OP cause you and all the other pro-meteor want that "I win" button in PvP. Well I am calling it after a week or 2 on live every one is gonna be screaming for Meteors nerf. Meteor was already on par with the other ultimates but no players are just gonna scream till they have there I win button.

Having a heavy attack still makes the ultimate non-reflectable for both morphs and the unmorphed version you have yet to disprove that. Cancelation, function and damage are a separate argument. Since you are telling me what I am I will tell you what you are. You are just some forum jockey who cannot stand to be wrong or not have the last word who deflects and avoids the question.
  • Millerman34n
    Millerman34n
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    tennant94 wrote: »
    How do you spam meteor!? Rofl

EASY! Sorc = 15% ultimate reduction, 2pc Bloodspawn, heroic slash, 3pc Blessing of the Potentates

Give it a shot
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Having a heavy attack still makes the ultimate non-reflectable for both morphs and the unmorphed version you have yet to disprove that. Cancelation, function and damage are a separate argument. Since you are telling me what I am I will tell you what you are. You are just some forum jockey who cannot stand to be wrong or not have the last word who deflects and avoids the question.

OK ? What am I avoiding ? You are telling me that my statement is invalid just cause of one mechanic that barely any one uses in PvP. You are saying that all other ultimates in the game are fine just cause of over load heavy attacks. You are dodging what I am asking.

How does over load heavy attacks make all other ultimates in the game on par with the new Meteor and that they don't need change to beon par with the new Meteor ? You can still dodge leap and stroke step out of standers and nova AOEs and break the soul assault channel and easily beat the sorcs atronachs and break out of their negate too and so on and of course you can still reflect over loads light attacks which is what a sorcerer tends to use the most in PvP.

I am asking the question you are the one dodging it.

Now tell me since you apparently have all the answers.

How does over loads heavy attack make every single other ultimate in the game as powerful as the new Meteor when they still have their negatives ?
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK ? What am I avoiding ? You are telling me that my statement is invalid just cause of one mechanic that barely any one uses in PvP. You are saying that all other ultimates in the game are fine just cause of over load heavy attacks. You are dodging what I am asking.

How does over load heavy attacks make all other ultimates in the game on par with the new Meteor and that they don't need change to beon par with the new Meteor ? You can still dodge leap and stroke step out of standers and nova AOEs and break the soul assault channel and easily beat the sorcs atronachs and break out of their negate too and so on and of course you can still reflect over loads light attacks which is what a sorcerer tends to use the most in PvP.

How does over loads heavy attack make every single other ultimate in the game as powerful as the new Meteor when they still have their negatives ?

Where did I say anything about power or function of any other ultimates? You are dragging my point wide with things I never said. What I am talking about is that meteor is the ONLY Ultimate that can be REFLECTED with no ifs, ands or buts. Whether the heavy attack for overload is used is again BESIDE the point. Negating, dodging or mitigating is ANOTHER topic. What YOU are AVOIDING is telling me how overload is NOT reflectable given that HEAVY attack is channeled. Stay on track nephew.
    Edited by nordsavage on February 22, 2016 6:02PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Where did I say anything about power or function of any other ultimates? You are dragging my point wide with things I never said. What I am talking about is that meteor is the ONLY Ultimate that can be REFLECTED with no ifs, ands or buts. Whether the heavy attack for overload is used is again BESIDE the point. Negating, dodging or mitigating is ANOTHER topic. What YOU are AVOIDING is telling me how overload is NOT reflectable given that HEAVY attack is channeled. Stay on track nephew.

And I am telling you that no one uses the heavy attack because the range is weak and the attack its self is slow and a sorcerer can't use skills while using unlike meteor and I am telling you again Meteor was already on par being reflectable because all other ultimates include over load had counters and or negatives that players had to deal with. Now that Meteor is non-reflectable it has little to 0 negatives and will again become the go to ulitmate I win button in PvP and as I suggested in my opinion which you apparently find wrong that either Meteor become reflectable again or all other ulitmates in the game get changed to be on par like the new meteor having little 0 counters or negatives such as over load becoming non-refleactable but not it's heavy attack since apparently it's already on par with the new Meteor.

That is the simplest I can put it the new meteor as little to no negatives and or counters and either it needs to be reflectable again or as other suggested it becomes a ground base AOE like standers or nova or the other ultimates in the game get buffed and or changed to have little or no negatives and or counters like the new meteor.

Now please actually have a valid counter argument that actually makes sense and not just a rage post about why the new meteor should stay and the other ultimates shouldn't get buffed and or changed to be on par with the new meteor and please do not even say over load heavy attacks cause in case you haven't notice not ever one is a sorcerer, not ever sorcerer uses over load, and those who do don't tend to only use the heavy attacks.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I am telling you that no one uses the heavy attack because the range is weak and the attack its self is slow and a sorcerer can't use skills while using unlike meteor and I am telling you again Meteor was already on par being reflectable because all other ultimates include over load had counters and or negatives that players had to deal with. Now that Meteor is non-reflectable it has little to 0 negatives and will again become the go to ulitmate I win button in PvP and as I suggested in my opinion which you apparently find wrong that either Meteor become reflectable again or all other ulitmates in the game get changed to be on par like the new meteor having little 0 counters or negatives such as over load becoming non-refleactable but not it's heavy attack since apparently it's already on par with the new Meteor.

That is the simplest I can put it the new meteor as little to no negatives and or counters and either it needs to be reflectable again or as other suggested it becomes a ground base AOE like standers or nova or the other ultimates in the game get buffed and or changed to have little or no negatives and or counters like the new meteor.

Now please actually have a valid counter argument that actually makes sense and not just a rage post about why the new meteor should stay and the other ultimates shouldn't get buffed and or changed to be on par with the new meteor and please do not even say over load heavy attacks cause in case you haven't notice not ever one is a sorcerer, not ever sorcerer uses over load, and those who do don't tend to only use the heavy attacks.

You are the one raging, notice how long your replies have gotten. You have yet to prove me wrong about what I have said about REFLECTION AND ONLY REFLECTION. You keep arguing points I have never made, you would be able to copy and paste and I challenge you to. So since you want to go in circles and are literally just making things up I would say you lost this and I am done with you. You have made yourself out to be a fool but I doubt you will see that.
    Edited by nordsavage on February 22, 2016 7:06PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EASY! Sorc = 15% ultimate reduction, 2pc Bloodspawn, heroic slash, 3pc Blessing of the Potentates

Give it a shot

I did on pts, bar the potentates set, and yeah the ultimate regen is real. It's still not meteors on tap or anything, but you'll be making it rain a god damn lot.
    Meteor alone will cost you 170 on a sorc. With potentates you're looking at 155. Using slash, and when bloodspawn procs it doesn't take long to recover at all. Can spam dawnbreaker like a Nightblade spams death stroke
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    65b6d31b5e38c0a236472b3706a60d9a.gif[Img]Meteor in Lag is something really nice :) You can spam it 3 times in a second[/img]23bf434103a49b54d5ac61e1d2a511f3.gif[img]Falldmg from really nice vulcanicrune :)[/img]
    Edited by Aiphaton on February 22, 2016 7:21PM
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Get alot of those recaps lately. Some days ago at bleakers we walked right into legio who dropped 15+ meteors at once. Half our group wiped to Falldmg on the stairs. Guess they are preparing for the new patch :trollface:

Wasn't this fixed on the PTS?

Edit: another issue are the double novas bug ppl seem to spam aswell.

*sigh*

Moving on to big boy talk, I'm not looking forward to the unreflectable meteor in 2.3 either since using defensive stance as a templar is one of the best ways to troll those who use meteor currently. Gonna miss that
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Cyantific87
    Cyantific87
    ✭✭✭
    Get alot of those recaps lately. Some days ago at bleakers we walked right into legio who dropped 15+ meteors at once. Half our group wiped to Falldmg on the stairs. Guess they are preparing for the new patch :trollface:

*yawn*
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    First of all make it reflectable stop, protecting buffing zergs who spam the abillity !
    You want Decimation Elite running with 30 Meteors?
    Theres no sense to nerf scales also make Valkyn non reflectable it destroys the server-quality and also the performance.
    I dont know ZOS but please fix first the abillity before you make her non reflectable i get 3 times knocked up cause i cant see the meteor incoming :)
    Also you can spam it in Lag theres no way Zenimax!

I want that you take a look inside of that !
    Fix the abillity make it visible and also make it reflectable!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

overload is reflectable: sorcerer ultimate.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

because "just move away from group" is not that easy, nor is it that simple. It is rarely that simple, if it were everyone would be good at the game.

It could be lagging horribly, you could be stun locked due to NB teleport strike or 2H stampede spam, there are many factors that could be put in. What if it is happening in a keep? I garuntee that it will be happening in keeps frequently come next month. One cannot simply "move away from group" in an enclosed space.

Regardless of that, Meteor being reflectable is 100% fine. It is a powerful ultimate, it is only fair it has a counter. Every other ultimate in the game can be countered, why should meteor be excluded from this? And no I am not telling you L2P, such a statement is pointless to make.
    Edited by Cody on February 26, 2016 2:39AM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*yawn*

Care to write anything else?

It started to remind me of those meteor showers which hoppend a few patches ago.

Think mortar-fire sound. Then you bounce up and down and rip. :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exspecially in Lag :)
    It will be really nice if all people get logged out cause to much Lag ,which happens evry week once time on Azura Eu :wink:
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    Think meteor is bugged or something weird is going on with it on ps4 it's just hitting and not showing up
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »

Untill it's fixed...

Funny-Babies-Pictures-2.jpg

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel
    Consider that descission!
    Another picture from Azura, btw look at the glorious Epler who throw Vulcanic runes Meteors like Hero.
    And btw the dmg from meteor wasnt the dot, cause my combatlog said i got 3 Meteors from this guy.
    3ac21a1c89c520327fc74be8169ac288.gifWhy you cant Smallscale ? Cause you get zerged by 20 cause fighting 1 vs 1 or even fighting against Smallgroups isnt possible. Azura is the worst campaign, Ep is evrywhere playing on Meteor and Falldmg.. We went to Kingcrest Lumber took it, had 5min nice PvP before Wabbajack Raid showed up with Support Nb, they popped a barrier after a barrier for 6 people stacked at one point to use Aoe-caps for them. But the best thing is they are throwing "Vulcanic Rune" and Meteor evrywhere that you can fight at stairs or even on flat things cause you have always to fear falldmg. What do you want to say about that?  Nice PvP isnt anymore possible?
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether or not meteor should be reflectable should be an irrelevant question. Meteor should be a ground target instead of locking on to an individual.
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    And why Nb should able to cloak it?
    Thats really one of the worst decission of Zenimax nerving evry reflect cause novody use one abillity out of the alliance skilline ..
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wonder if Blessing of the Potentates stacks with Akaviri Dragonguard ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »

wonder if Blessing of the Potentates stacks with Akaviri Dragonguard ;)

It does but if you use both sets your meteor will do like no damage anyway.
    - EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB

>320.000.000 AP
  • Sanct16
    Sanct16
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly I dont think its gonna be a big problem.

First off all, meteor is already hardly reflectable because of latency and whatever other reasons. It wont make a big difference to what it is now. You will have to find ways to live through the burst.

Maybe quickly spreading and regrouping after the burst? Maybe holding block? Maybe barrier and then maneuver mistform through the attacking raid? If they fix the rollback and falldamage bugs i dont really see a problem with meteor and I dont see why you raids would run only meteors. Banner lasts longer, does healdebuff. Nova reduces enemy damage and offers great synergy. Negate is awesome aswell, imo the most powerful ultimate. Nightblade veil is a bit meh but worth considering, soul tether is great too. Batswarm, both clouding and devouring, are great. Barrier/Magma Shell are also needed.

Meteor can be nice burst but if you are fighting outnumbered you dont only need burst damage, but also sustain damage as well as defensive ultimates. For a 12 man group i run somethong like 4 barriers/shells, 1 banner, 1 negate, 1 nova, 1 warhorn, 4 damage ults (meteor, bats, etc).

Putting everyone on meteor surely is nice for stealthbombs but outside of that it sucks. I will just take decimation as an example: When they stealthbomb us and spam 20 meteors on us while we are surrounded by ep pugs we die. When we fight them without them sneaking up on us we wipe them 15v35.

- EU - Raid Leader of Banana Zerg Squad
    AD | AR 50 | Sanct Fir'eheal | ex Mana DK @31.10.2015
    EP | AR 50 | Sanctosaurus | Mana NB
    AD | AR 44 | rekt ya | Mana NB
    AD | AR 41 | Sanct Thunderstorm | Mana Sorc
    EP | AR 36 | S'na'ct | Mana NB {NA}
    AD | AR 29 | Captain Full Fist| Stam DK
    AD | AR 29 | Sanct The Dark Phoenix| Stam Sorc
    EP | AR 16 | Horny Sanct | Stam Warden
    EP | AR 16 | Sánct Bánáná Sláyér | Mana DK
    DC | AR 13 | ad worst faction eu | Stam Sorc
    DC | AR 13 | Lagendary Sanct | Mana NB