Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Meteor :)

Aiphaton
Aiphaton
✭✭✭✭
Nothing against the Meteor abillity, but the amount of people who spam it in lag or even on stairs is incredible high.
I would prefer, if you fix the bugs out with falldmg from meteor,leap or even vulcanic rune.
But you will patch it out to the next patch , when meteor is not reflectable, why you want to do it ?
To get higher Laggs or even more Falldmg cause i think the Bug will still exist even if it should be fixed.
And right now an Funny-Picture why Meteor is so nice :)

581a932307d3229604c4b6c07023f5a4.gif
Edited by Aiphaton on February 17, 2016 11:40PM
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every death recap will look like this once they will be unreflectable :)
    3d954b7ae8.png
    Edited by Jhunn on February 17, 2016 11:41PM
    Gave up.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/tWW__WB8Hjc?t=751

12:40 , Take Flight caused it here.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/tWW__WB8Hjc?t=751

12:40 , Take Flight caused it here.

That's a terrain glitch, that needs to be addressed separately.. I have gotten stuck (alive) in that spot of the Mnem Gate more than once. It's extremely annoying, since you can't travel to players in Cyro.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get alot of those recaps lately. Some days ago at bleakers we walked right into legio who dropped 15+ meteors at once. Half our group wiped to Falldmg on the stairs. Guess they are preparing for the new patch :trollface:

Wasn't this fixed on the PTS?

Edit: another issue are the double novas bug ppl seem to spam aswell.
    Edited by Master_Kas on February 20, 2016 4:55AM
    EU | PC
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Get alot of those recaps lately. Some days ago at bleakers we walked right into legio who dropped 15+ meteors at once. Half our group wiped to Falldmg on the stairs. Guess they are preparing for the new patch :trollface:

Well, when I see stuff like "Everyone slot meteor and drop it when they go to the first flag" in both, dc and ep chat, then I'm not surprised about this happening.
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag meteor showers again yeah I'm not looking forward to it
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Berserkur
    Berserkur
    ✭✭✭
    We will counting 30 Meteor in 5 sec after the wall breached again
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So stupid. I play console but i people are already talking about meteoring the breech as soon as it goes down.

Even if the meteor is blocked it still does AOE damage and makes defending a breech against a zerg way harder.. the non reflect change just rewards bad play. I really do not understand why ZOS thought changing meteor was a great idea.
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild: Let it rain
  • koby-xxrwb17_ESO
    koby-xxrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »
    So stupid. I play console but i people are already talking about meteoring the breech as soon as it goes down.

Even if the meteor is blocked it still does AOE damage and makes defending a breech against a zerg way harder.. the non reflect change just rewards bad play. I really do not understand why ZOS thought changing meteor was a great idea.

I understand the point you're trying to make but I don't see how this meteor change makes defending a keep harder? Meteor is aoe but the radius is tiny, if you're stacking all your defenders on the breach where you're open to be hit then of course you're going to die
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of animation and make all players stick figures, lag will go away.... maybe...
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Teargrants i summon thee!
    :]
  • Aiphaton
    Aiphaton
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »

I understand the point you're trying to make but I don't see how this meteor change makes defending a keep harder? Meteor is aoe but the radius is tiny, if you're stacking all your defenders on the breach where you're open to be hit then of course you're going to die

If you are on stairs on the hole of the wall meteor can give you falldmg :)
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it has been extensively tested or not but if you saw that they were making it not reflectable then you should have seen the note saying they fixed the fall damage issue.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it has been extensively tested or not but if you saw that they were making it not reflectable then you should have seen the note saying they fixed the fall damage issue.

Aye, both leap and meteor fall damage was fixed in TG. Huzzah
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    How do you spam meteor!? Rofl
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tennant94 wrote: »

EASY! Sorc = 15% ultimate reduction, 2pc Bloodspawn, heroic slash, 3pc Blessing of the Potentates
  • tennant94
    tennant94
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

EASY! Sorc = 15% ultimate reduction, 2pc Bloodspawn, heroic slash, 3pc Blessing of the Potentates

Good luck with that
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

shh... its the only advantage temps have at all - some times not properly depleted ulti upon tamplar ult usage...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Im gonna avoid that unreflectable meteor shower dodging my way into this new other game that cant be mentioned here
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

You forgot potion-addicted nightblades (20 ulti on a used potion next patch...) who get a kill on a meteor with soul harvest slotted ;)
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the other ults are reflectable so meteor should not be either and I will say the same thing I said about prox det. "You all wanted zerg busters but then you want to complain when the zerg gets busted.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nordsavage wrote: »
    None of the other ults are reflectable so meteor should not be either and I will say the same thing I said about prox det. "You all wanted zerg busters but then you want to complain when the zerg gets busted.

Well... Not really a Zergbusting sentiment when they all run meteor as well. I believe everyone wants to be able to use skill and proper mechanics, like their damage applying to more that 6 people as they nut-hug each other in healing springs, to take down larger groups. Not one ability proliferates nonsense down to even the smallest of scales in pvp.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously ZOS how many Meteor threads will it take to make the stupid skill reflectable again ????
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The sorcerer ultimate Over Load is reflectable you can dodge roll or side step out of a Dragon Knights dragon leap or Night Blades death stroke you can break the channel of a soul assault by taking on step back and you can easily step out of a standers or nova AOE.

Hmm looks like most to nearly all other ultimates have counters including with being reflectable. So tell me why should Meteor be so damn special and become the new I win ultimate that is clearly gonna cause major problems in PvP ? Why should it now be the only ultimate with out a counter ? What is it cause some players want easy mdoe is that it?

Here's the 2 options I see either your precious Meteor get reflectable again or ever other ultimate in the game gets divine like buffs example being DKs dragon leap and NB death stroke act like a gap closer and roots some one before impact seems fair right ?
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meteor needs to be locked from PvP. It causes to many problems then it does good, it also seems Meteor is one of the small problems creating ping on the campaigns.

Untill it's fixed...
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hexys wrote: »
    Meteor needs to be locked from PvP. It causes to many problems then it does good, it also seems Meteor is one of the small problems creating ping on the campaigns.

Untill it's fixed...
    I can't see them locking meteor from PVP, but we could bring back reflected meteors so people are more hesitant about using it. It's going to be raining meteors when TG drops
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The sorcerer ultimate Over Load is reflectable you can dodge roll or side step out of a Dragon Knights dragon leap or Night Blades death stroke you can break the channel of a soul assault by taking on step back and you can easily step out of a standers or nova AOE.

Hmm looks like most to nearly all other ultimates have counters including with being reflectable. So tell me why should Meteor be so damn special and become the new I win ultimate that is clearly gonna cause major problems in PvP ? Why should it now be the only ultimate with out a counter ? What is it cause some players want easy mdoe is that it?

Here's the 2 options I see either your precious Meteor get reflectable again or ever other ultimate in the game gets divine like buffs example being DKs dragon leap and NB death stroke act like a gap closer and roots some one before impact seems fair right ?

Sorc heavy is not reflectable argument nullified.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to say this much. If you see the meteor ring on you it is your responsibility to move away from the group, If it is on someone near you it is your responsibility to remove your self from the impact zone.

#duckandcover #stopdropandroll
  • Level66Charizard
    Coolest looking skill in the game