The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ambush still too cheap?

PCheuk38b14_ESO
PCheuk38b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Saw a guy today chasing 1 dude from another faction... using ambush 9 million times. They could not run from him to kill him due to the bugged CC immunity. I followed this and watched and it was borderline comical. I know that if you "root" anyone they can just hit the release button... but this was ridiculous how I button can kill everyone.

This NB looked like he was back to top form. Now that the soft caps have been raised, and new gear combinations are available this should probably be revisited. He only died to a group of people.

Anytime a class can take actions against other classes in a pvp environment without worry of any repercussions is bad for balance.

Seriously, I'm hoping to hear intelligent comments about how this can be addressed.

I'm not sure what this guys build was as far as sets etc.. but it really truly was reminiscent of no "Nerf" that soooo many NBs cried about not being able to kill anything. It was broken back then and it's still pretty broken evidently. as soon as people find out this guy's build ... the majority of NBs already emulate it.

P.S. I hope I edited right =P but in all honesty lets make it so that they can't spam "Ambush" and give it the same treatment the sorcs got for BE that increased cost if they keep spamming it.
Edited by PCheuk38b14_ESO on February 26, 2016 2:52PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    U mad someone made a thread about bolt escape too cheap so now you make one for NB?
    Beta tester November 2013
  • PCheuk38b14_ESO
    PCheuk38b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    U mad someone made a thread about bolt escape too cheap so now you make one for NB?

Not mad just thought it would be funny they complaining about a sorc getting away but not NBs spamming ambush and glitching peoples out =)
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambush is a visiting card of NB's. It provides reliable hard-to-stop damage which is a feature of the class. Its cost is much higher than Surprise attack also.
    Nothing to change. Ambush is perfect - gap closers generally are not.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • PCheuk38b14_ESO
    PCheuk38b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Ambush is a visiting card of NB's. It provides reliable hard-to-stop damage which is a feature of the class. Its cost is much higher than Surprise attack also.

perfectly buggy?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give me a bit, I will make the one about Templar Charge being too... actually maybe not, they're upset enough as it is.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • PCheuk38b14_ESO
    PCheuk38b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Give me a bit, I will make the one about Templar Charge being too... actually maybe not, they're upset enough as it is.

Hahaha yea temp gap closer is super buggy. Not sure why =/
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭

perfectly buggy?

Perfectly serves his porpose. I don't die when I meet spambush NB. Annoying, but no more. You write about "bugged CC immunity" with no understanding of what's going on really.
    Obviously it is l2p problem.

Edited by Ashamray on February 26, 2016 3:29PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • PCheuk38b14_ESO
    PCheuk38b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

perfectly buggy?

Perfectly serves his porpose. I don't die when I meet spambush NB. Annoying, but no more. You write about "bugged CC immunity" with no understanding of what's going on really.
    Obviously it is l2p problem.

Damn those comebacks.....
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ambush spam is pretty lame tho, anyone resorting to it is pretty much a laughing stock, killing people or no.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • PCheuk38b14_ESO
    PCheuk38b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Ambush spam is pretty lame tho, anyone resorting to it is pretty much a laughing stock, killing people or no.

Except Ashamray is butt hurt theres a bug/glitch to it lol
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The key words in the OP are
    using ambush 9 million times

Exaggeration, and anything said about ambush should be dismissed.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Lyrebon
    Lyrebon
    ✭✭✭
    Since NBs are squishy and have literally no defensive skills you need to be able to jump in quickly, burst damage, and get away again. That's usually how I'm playing my NB with a group since I'm only V4: circle a fight and look for good targets (usually the focus of our tank(s) or primary DDs, or to stall their healers). Ambush is perhaps the best gap closer but it's not perfect and the stun can't affect the same target for 3 seconds.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    its gap closers in general that need changing due to the recent 100% snare that gets temporarily applied after hitting someone with one. Teleport strike has no minimum distance requirement, meaning 2 NBs (or even one if its Lotus fan being used) can keep a player stuck in place the entire battle with ease.

Ambush by itself is not too bad, save the fact it does not have a minimum distance requirement. People can spam it and other high costing abilities an absurd amount of times because of the lack of soft caps and how high people can take regen rates/resource pools due to lack of said soft caps and the passives in the CP system. If you want abilities being spammed absurdly stopped, look at those factors. Nerfing them or giving them the BE treatment wont work.
    Edited by Cody on February 26, 2016 9:15PM
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a stambkade and look forward to testing the changes. The only time I have to spam ambush currently is when I'm trying to catch someone on a horse and knock them off.

Maybe the snare will prevent me from having to spam it to catch up.
    Edited by Elijah_Crow on February 27, 2016 8:10AM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "wahh I got killed by one skill and its OP so lets nerf"

This is why the game gets nerfed into the ground. The meta changes and hardcore players leave, all so scrubs can feel like thing are more fair.

If one skill kills you, learn to counter it. Don't cry to mommy (zos) that someone is being mean to you!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so why are they spamming the gap closer? is it cause someone else is spamming bolt escape? maybe just get rid of both of them and problem is solved. oh wait WB
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblades that spam ambush are trash players. The people who die to it are even worse. If a Nightblade tries this with me I laugh, kill them, then laugh some more. It's not too cheap. It does less damage, and costs more stamina that crit rush. What makes ambush good is it's utility.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ambush ignores LoS, multiple players who ambush one target renders that target unable to react thanks to being rooted in from "Gap Closing" repeatedly.
    People who argue that ambush is good and doesn't need a re-work I agree when it comes to damage it provides but when it comes to range of usage and LoS check I do not agree as it ignores both of them.

People who die to 1 person ambushing are bad but when it comes to two players or more that player deserves a pat on the back. I've got clips of me 1 v xin NBs but god forbid if they both start spamming ambush also NOTE: PTS changes are pretty much unnoticeable you can still get locked in if said players (more than 1) ambush you.
    Edited by MaxwellC on February 27, 2016 4:00PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why the game gets nerfed into the ground. The meta changes and hardcore players leave, all so scrubs can feel like thing are more fair.

If one skill kills you, learn to counter it. Don't cry to mommy (zos) that someone is being mean to you!

That would be a great philosophy if ZOS went back and UN-nerfed all the abilities like Bolt Escape and Roll Dodge, etc... but they aren't going to do that any time soon, are they? In the mean time, Nightblade abilities like Cloak and Ambush and Surprise Attack need to be balanced to bring them in line with the strengths and weaknesses of other classes.

Nightblades are just too overpowered right now, so it's a bit late to be crying "no more nerfs".
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nightblades should be able to teleport forever but sorcs should not?
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Nightblades should be able to teleport forever but sorcs should not?

Not the point of my post. This vindictive "someone said skill XYZ needs a nerf so I am gona post skill ABC needs nerf" posting is stupid.
    Edited by Katahdin on February 29, 2016 4:44PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As always, the lame "two players spammed me and I died" whine fest.

I run all four character types. If I am playing with a buddy and we catch you by surprise in pvp, I can kill you with any combo of classes. If you're hit by two players, they should be able to deal 16,000 damage in two seconds - that's two attacks each, 4K per attack. Nothing amazing there...that's not even a single crit.

98% of the time, you're down 16k damage just as you start to fight...you're dead. No overpowering, no mystery, just math.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That would be a great philosophy if ZOS went back and UN-nerfed all the abilities like Bolt Escape and Roll Dodge, etc... but they aren't going to do that any time soon, are they? In the mean time, Nightblade abilities like Cloak and Ambush and Surprise Attack need to be balanced to bring them in line with the strengths and weaknesses of other classes.

Nightblades are just too overpowered right now, so it's a bit late to be crying "no more nerfs".

NBs are going to be far from OP come next Monday. One ability is going to completely wreck the class's main line of survivalbility.

Rest assured, Sorcerers are going to be the hated class of the month next, and soon. It is a never ending cycle with this game.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    theres so much lag in this PVP I can never hit anybody with anything

I ambuish people, and they don't get stunned

I crit rush people and they take no damage

I wreck blow people and they take no damage

I FEAR people and they wreck blow me back

I get hit and I cant get away using anything - and I'm not getting marked

so I just stay with a large group if I am top side - and spam bow (focused aim after marking target), or scorched earth if by the keep door

and in Sewers the only thing I can do when group I am in get attacked is start spamming steel tornado

how you guys actually play this broken Cyrodil/Imperial City is beyond me, I just go in for Trophies, and if I can get away with 1k TV stones, I just bank right away, I'd rather loose 10% to enemy NPC then 80% to enemy player

I think the worst are layers though, a po of them will see you get rushed in sewers, and just hide and not even try to help. but I get it, TV stones are a grind b themselves

utter ***
    Edited by pcar944 on March 1, 2016 10:28AM
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...