Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Corrupt guilds, junk trader slots and game-wrecking tactics

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Increasingly, wealthy guilds are using their excess gold to buy up all of the trader slots in the game, then hand them off to shell secondary guilds. In Rawl'kha today, there is a stall with THREE ITEMS for sale in total, and another with less than a hundred. This is now persistent in all popular buying zones...actually all zones everywhere. I'm not talking about a large guild maintaining a spot - I'm talking about that guild maintaining a spot then passing gold around to win several spots around them and filling those with junk stores to maintain monopolies and high prices. This negatively impacts the game on multiple levels:

1. It is no longer fun or productive to go shopping in the economy for the casual player, since even common items are widely unavailable due to this behavior.

2. Players are increasingly agitated at their inability to purchase necessary supplies/materials/gear.

3. Newer guilds, even with rosters of very active players, can't compete or win trading spots when bidding against seasoned guilds with tens of million in gold hoarded.

4. Junk guild stalls are preventing the sale of collected goods, which means a large portion of the economy is stalking out since players can't offload items they don't need and generate gold to buy items they do.

5. I went shopping for monstrous teeth today. This process was utterly not fun due to your awful guild system a year ago, but now with the trader slots wrecked by this behavior it has become unbearably horrible to participate in the game economy.

Has there been any dialogue internally on addressing the challenges with the in-game economy, the manner that players can buy/sell goods and the rise of the mega-guilds? Is there any guidance on which future update might revise some of these systems?

MMRPGs may have dragons and demons, but they're really just economic simulators. You can address this issue now and figure out a way where active, vibrant guilds can compete in the economy, or the entire economy will crash. I'd call the status of today's economy in game "Russia." In another eight weeks we're looking at Bolivia or Greece.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant wait for Text chat on Consoles, man I am gonna get on Rawl'kha Rock (in Rawl'kha in Reapers March) and Kotaro is gonna sell his wares, that's right.... no guild fee's just link it in chat and sell to the people in the whole zone, this one can set low prices and will be able to reach so many people in the game..

On a serious note, when Text chat comes to consoles the rich guild traders wont have a strangle hold on the economy anymore..its gonna be NICE..

5bc5e.png
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on February 27, 2016 12:57AM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sh*t happens. Tho I uncut all those guilds and still bank gold.
    Edited by RatedChaotic on February 27, 2016 1:16AM
  • harrlockk616
    harrlockk616
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for you all on console the u all have to deal with these so call mega guild's that do this to the player base. But I;m also glad that you all r getting TEXT CHATafter almost a yr without it. B)
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kotaro is gonna sell his wares

That's a good looking khajiit! Bet he constantly has lizard blood under his claws.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, what they could do is basically if they have a guild trader they can't have any other guild trader. I thought that was a thing though. But I don't really use them because one, no search bar, second most likely your not going to find what your looking for. But I play on pc, so yeah not sure how it is on consoles I assume so much worse.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • EnemyOfDaState
    EnemyOfDaState
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish there was a way for you guys to get master merchant. I can just imagine how crazy the console prices are.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Well, what they could do is basically if they have a guild trader they can't have any other guild trader. I thought that was a thing though. But I don't really use them because one, no search bar, second most likely your not going to find what your looking for. But I play on pc, so yeah not sure how it is on consoles I assume so much worse.

You can have 5 guilds but only one trader per guild at a time so they can still buy 5 traders under different guild names
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish there was a way for you guys to get master merchant. I can just imagine how crazy the console prices are.

Ehrn I look prices generally aren't to bad but there is a cpl of guilds and people in those guilds that try and price fix everything by buying up material and then attempting reselling for a 200% increase
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »

Ehrn I look prices generally aren't to bad but there is a cpl of guilds and people in those guilds that try and price fix everything by buying up material and then attempting reselling for a 200% increase

i make money of these guys, so i can't complain to mutch but in the long run it's destroying the economy and they will end up hurting themselfs. but it has a negative effect on the community and might be a reason for people to leave the game which is never a good thing
  • Guambodian
    Guambodian
    ✭✭✭
    Or, some of those spots were scooped up on transition day. Sometimes a guild moves and leaves a spot, and they weren't bid against before they moved. Anybody can grab an empty spot for 100 gold. It happens all the time.
  • Greiver
    Greiver
    ✭✭✭
    Saw it happen in wayrest last week. Bogus guild wins trader, then holds a gold/real money auction for the trader. Zos you really need to fix this. It's disturbing they actually haven't done anything about it. Same with gold for real money being talked about and arranged in psn communities.
    Ps4 Na Daggerfall
    Elders of Daggerfall
    High Elf Sorc
    Catshit Nightblade
    Imperial Templar
    Dark elf Dk
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greiver wrote: »
    Saw it happen in wayrest last week. Bogus guild wins trader, then holds a gold/real money auction for the trader. Zos you really need to fix this. It's disturbing they actually haven't done anything about it. Same with gold for real money being talked about and arranged in psn communities.

The real money thing is the reason we need to get rid of monopolies the guild trader system is only making this easy to do and allowing players to restrict others from selling until they pay the cash. @ZOS_GinaBruno you really should plant someone in said PSN trade communities to watch for that if they do it remove the GM and delete all the guilds they control no questions asked.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta say, console is very creative with their scams. I've learned all kinds of new things since you all came in.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • RatedChaotic
    RatedChaotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greiver wrote: »

The real money thing is the reason we need to get rid of monopolies the guild trader system is only making this easy to do and allowing players to restrict others from selling until they pay the cash. @ZOS_GinaBruno you really should plant someone in said PSN trade communities to watch for that if they do it remove the GM and delete all the guilds they control no questions asked.

Too bad that will never happen.
  • AFrostWolf
    AFrostWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Elder Cartels Online. Where ZOS doesn't give a *** or else we would have had an Auction House months ago.
  • revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant wait for Text chat on Consoles, man I am gonna get on Rawl'kha Rock (in Rawl'kha in Reapers March) and Kotaro is gonna sell his wares, that's right.... no guild fee's just link it in chat and sell to the people in the whole zone, this one can set low prices and will be able to reach so many people in the game..

On a serious note, when Text chat comes to consoles the rich guild traders wont have a strangle hold on the economy anymore..its gonna be NICE..

5bc5e.png

I'm with you on this one. I'm also sick of getting messages from random pissy people annoyed that I undercut them. "We sell our glyphs for X Gold". We have an agreed price on Kuta's". OMG get lost I'll sell for as much as I want making a profit I deem fair.
  • darkashley1
    My guild has a trader in Rawl'ka this week and hoping next week if no one guild spy's my bid we have 86 members and only 20 are active so its harder for small guilds to get 1 mil gold to bid on them.
  • Daedgaming
    Daedgaming
    ✭✭✭

Then all you have to do is get one of the guildies who own another guild to make the bid for you. That is what most of them are doing now.
    GT-Daedxz, Guild Master of "Cannon Fodder" Xbox One, American Servers/DC for lyfe. I kill I steal I conquer
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew about the wars between guilds and the feud held between several factions that have many guilds under their control but...wow...
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What they could do is basically make it require like 400 people to gain a guild trader, and also a good amount of items in that guild store. As well as make it where a one faction guild can't place bid on another factions guild trader slot, if your on an another faction character. It would stop some troll from another faction from blocking another factions guild trading slot.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 29, 2016 7:51AM
    PC NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they could do is basically make it require like 400 people to gain a guild trader, and also a good amount of items in that guild store. As well as make it where a one faction guild can't place bid on another factions guild trader slot, if your on an another faction character. It would stop some troll from another faction from blocking another factions guild trading slot.

This just goes to harm new guilds even more though.

Now new guilds have to recruit 400 people, 399 having to be patient enough to wait until #400 joins, then they need to list enough items, which can easily be circumvented by just having 10 members list 30 stacks of 1 trait stone.

I still have no issue with the current system. I have only once had to shop all around the world for an item I needed, that was a level 28 armour item which had no use at end game thus most people trashed while levelling. Anything important I need, mats, tempers, consumables are all available in Craglorn from the big guilds.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. Maybe add a 1-month waiting period for new guilds before they're allowed to bid?
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    Hmm. Maybe add a 1-month waiting period for new guilds before they're allowed to bid?

Again, you're only saying new guilds are not welcome in this area of the game.

I honestly can't imagine what the OP is describing is common practice happening on every server and maintained on a weekly basis. Guilds are going to be losing too much money this way.

Also if you're having trouble bidding for prime locations for these tactics then start buying in other locations and advertising your guilds stand. "Tired of 3 item only stores in Rawl'kha? Come to Mornhold and see <insert guild name> for all your shopping needs!"

Once your guild has a good reputation for selling in demand items at reasonable prices people will shop there more often, once your guild has strong income move to a higher spot or start competing with the guilds trying to form a monopoly.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »

You can't say that, that can only happen with Auction Houses, have you not heard!
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

This just goes to harm new guilds even more though.

Now new guilds have to recruit 400 people, 399 having to be patient enough to wait until #400 joins, then they need to list enough items, which can easily be circumvented by just having 10 members list 30 stacks of 1 trait stone.

I still have no issue with the current system. I have only once had to shop all around the world for an item I needed, that was a level 28 armour item which had no use at end game thus most people trashed while levelling. Anything important I need, mats, tempers, consumables are all available in Craglorn from the big guilds.

Well by putting these requirments on them would make them at least where they can't just put a troll trader up, they would have to have some type of store, if they are small guild that took the slot, and then they don't sell items yet they post one up and several others do the same to make it harder for people to find stuff they need then the one solution is making it where the guild has to be worth something maybe 200 people, or three hundred people required, but at least a guild big enough to sell lots of stuff.
    PC NA
  • Kozer
    Kozer
    ✭✭✭
    On xbox NA There were 2 traders near grahtwood that were named like

XXX guild
    XXX2 guild

This system is one of the worst I have seen in an mmo.

I don't want to join a guild where I need to make a weekly donation for 10k gold just to be able to use the trader or even the store.

If you wont put in an AH.
    Make a trader in each zone that anyone can dump items into.
    Let it take a bigger cut of whatever is listed or something.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kinda sucks pc can't have voice chat in game though.

If people don't want voice chat for pc - settings, gameplay - Voice chat - enabled/disabled

bam those of us who want it can, those of us who don't won't.

I would love to be able to communicate with pugs via voice chat instead of explaining things via text.

As for the topic OP, I hope they do something about it for you :smiley:
    Edited by Duiwel on February 29, 2016 10:13AM
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Bossdonut
    Bossdonut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm honestly not seeing this happen. Mega guilds are fighting each other for spots and needing heavy sales and donations every week to keep them. They post junk on the stall they'll lose it.
  • Kippesnikke
    Kippesnikke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Kinda sucks pc can't have voice chat in game though.

If people don't want voice chat for pc - settings, gameplay - Voice chat - enabled/disabled

bam those of us who want it can, those of us who don't won't.

I would love to be able to communicate with pugs via voice chat instead of explaining things via text.

As for the topic OP, I hope they do something about it for you :smiley:

Honestly. would help alot for helping people and friendly chat. but i think it will turn to toxic very fast:/
    PC-EU-EP
    Northborn DK tank
    Hodor
    Pandora's Promise
    vMoL cleared on VR16 #World1st
    Worlds #1 vMoL speed run [VR16]