Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: Thieves Guild Special #3"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: Thieves Guild Special #3. We hope you'll tune in to learn more about the systems found in Thieves Guild with Lead Systems Designer Phil Draven and Systems Designer Mandi Parker!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We're sorry, the page you're looking for can not be found."....
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Which language are you trying to read/visit, @Darlon?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here.

English language.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    EN or UK? Both are loading fine on our end, but sometimes the UK page takes a little longer to update outside of the States.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the same issue as before. I live in the UK and it's inaccessible but a VPN in the states works immediately. It just needs to proliferate.

For those who can't currently see it:

vRpg9Rf.png
    Edited by Paulington on February 25, 2016 7:08PM
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works fine for me now, but I'm EN in NA.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does it mean Emerson Huang will show us how he created visual effects?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Does it mean Emerson Huang will show us how he created visual effects?

Emerson will be talking specifically about some of the concept art he created for the new Thieves Guild item sets; he doesn't work on visual effects, as that's part of the FX team (there's lots of different teams that specialize in very specific things).
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which language are you trying to read/visit, @Darlon?

EN-GB it says here... but it is working now... just took a while before it worked.. :)
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you ask if they are considering putting block cancelling skills back in before live? Combat feels so poor on the PTS.

It's fine for damage builds without block cancelling but for healers and tanks it's a nightmare.
    PC EU
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you ask if they are considering putting block cancelling skills back in before live? Combat feels so poor on the PTS.

It's fine for damage builds without block cancelling but for healers and tanks it's a nightmare.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2717284#Comment_2717284
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Just wanted to update everyone on where we are at with the animation prioritization efforts going on right now. At its core, the goal for the change was to make it clear which attacks players were using, while preserving the responsiveness of combat. We’ve made great strides towards this, but there are still a number of cases where things just don’t look or feel right (blocking as an example). As such, we’re going to be rolling back this change in next week's PTS patch (2.3.4) and will not be taking it to the Live megaservers.

We will continue to iterate on the system internally and will roll out the changes when they are ready.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow! I must have missed that. Fantastic news! I will be staying Templar!
    PC EU
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So no Wrobel? All of the glaring combat and itemization issues are going into Live as is, and the plethora of remaining needed balance changes are delayed 4 months until DB? :star:

Oh, btw, you have a templar feedback thead (a few, actually) that has almost reached 70 pages. But you know, go ahead and spend an hour on fan art tomorrow.
    Edited by Zheg on February 25, 2016 11:49PM
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing/hearing @ZOS_MandiParker again, she's always appeared very well thought out and positive--both on screen and on the forums.
    -Foo
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like you to give us some information whether you have any plans to change the fact that players using staves deal less spell damage than dual wielding players. Staves should give more or at least the same amount of spell damage as dual wield.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    I would like you to give us some information whether you have any plans to change the fact that players using staves deal less spell damage than dual wielding players. Staves should give more or at least the same amount of spell damage as dual wield.

the theory behind this is, you lose the ability to range (not true) and you lose the ability to regen magicka from heavy attacks (but you can run resto on back bar for that).... poor reasons but those are the reasons
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • MrJagermeister
    Will we get more bank and personal inventory space when Thieve's Guild goes live? With all the new sets to hold on to while we wait to complete them, and crafting bags not coming out until at least the Dark Brotherhood DLC, we really need more space.

Are there plans to allow you to preview items prior to crafting them, like the preview that already exists for the crown store?

In what ways has Toppling Charge been fixed, and what issues will it still have when Thieves Guild goes live?

Can you speculate on how the barber shop (race change) will work in the future? Will the first one be free? What about for multiple characters?

Is it possible to add icons to the SCT to indicate what specific abilities and spells are doing damage?

Why do siege not continue to aim where you last fired them, when you leave and return to them?

POSSIBLE LAG FIX FOR CYRODIIL I love the customization in this game, but I'll never know if the game is rendering an enemy's clothing in the style and three dyes of their choosing. Would it help to reduce the strain on the servers by having all enemies clothing be dyed a basic three-color template of their choosing, while keeping alliance members detailed as they currently are? I would rather play lag free than know that some guy I killed was wearing an Ancient Elf belt that was dyed voidstone violet, coldharbour ash black, and lycanthrope gray.

Thanks
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Edited by MrJagermeister on February 26, 2016 7:10PM
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno Any plans to add repair option to merchant assistant?
    Edited by timidobserver on February 26, 2016 7:15PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• LaerothKeykalyn
    LaerothKeykalyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: Thieves Guild Special #3. We hope you'll tune in to learn more about the systems found in Thieves Guild with Lead Systems Designer Phil Draven and Systems Designer Mandi Parker!
    Where Nocturnal ?
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246659/where-nocturnal#latest