Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why no damage changes now???

bowmanz607
bowmanz607
✭✭✭✭✭
Zos, you have recognized the imbalance coming with damage yet your still willing to release this content despite that fact. Your intwntionally, willingly, and knowingly are releasing imbalances in damage. Yet, you are alright with this for 3-4 months. Really? You managed to change the dodgeroll trap from the new set to poison with little effort. Why can't u do this with other damages? Heck, even the fighters guild ult damage change would make me happy this quarter. At least st builds would have something then.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because stam builds are so devoid of damage?

When I can kill someone in literally 1 second on my stamblade I don't think 25% less damage is going to be game breaking. It is perfectly possible to deliver 30k in damage in 1-1.2 secs right now.... reduce that by 25%.... still leaves 24k ish damage... what's the average health pool in cyro right now?

So long as it is possible to achieve high wep damage so much easier than it is to do the same with spell damage, I don't think we need more ulties with Physical damage.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I can kill someone in literally 1 second on my stamblade I don't think 25% less damage is going to be game breaking. It is perfectly possible to deliver 30k in damage in 1-1.2 secs right now.... reduce that by 25%.... still leaves 24k ish damage... what's the average health pool in cyro right now?

So long as it is possible to achieve high wep damage so much easier than it is to do the same with spell damage, I don't think we need more ulties with Physical damage.

except spell damage is easy to stack. the only difference now is that medium armor gives weapon damage. mundus stones, armor and jewlery make it just as easy to stack spell damage now. next meta is going to be mag builds because they can boost all their damage with one star.

also, i dont like your arbitrary 30k dps a second. get that nonsense out of here. sure, maybe a wb from stealth followed by a leap. i can do the same damage from stealth with mag builds with heavy attack, dps, ult weave.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

except spell damage is easy to stack. the only difference now is that medium armor gives weapon damage. mundus stones, armor and jewlery make it just as easy to stack spell damage now. next meta is going to be mag builds because they can boost all their damage with one star.

also, i dont like your arbitrary 30k dps a second. get that nonsense out of here. sure, maybe a wb from stealth followed by a leap. i can do the same damage from stealth with mag builds with heavy attack, dps, ult weave.

DW Heavy attack, Soul Harvest, Surprise Attack with a Camo Proc, but hey, let's not pick holes.

Maybe when Light armor increases SD by 12%........?
    Edited by PhatGrimReaper on February 24, 2016 2:56AM
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DW Heavy attack, Soul Harvest, Surprise Attack with a Camo Proc, but hey, let's not pick holes.

You can also increase weapon damage by flawless dawnbreaker and by having weapon damge gylphs on your weapons that increase your damage every 5 secs.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but to be fair, i do think light armor should drop spell pen and just give spell damage. that said, i also dont think the only physically scaling ult should be locked behind a single class. It should be available to all.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but to be fair, i do think light armor should drop spell pen and just give spell damage. that said, i also dont think the only physically scaling ult should be locked behind a single class. It should be available to all.

Nerf DK thread incoming????
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • ub17_ESO
    ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Not all of us playing NB...
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ub17_ESO wrote: »

Not all of us playing NB...

Lol, if I spec'd the DK for it, it would prob deal even more damage..... Heavy attack from stealth is available to everyone brah.

*check the sig' man, I have no bias, I play all classes equally.
    Edited by PhatGrimReaper on February 24, 2016 4:19AM
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nerf DK thread incoming????

no buff others. thats the way it should be handled.
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I agree stam is op at the moment and I don't care who you are. Hell look at the biggies on YouTube king Richard a sorc. He's even a stam build magicka isnt really all that great for pvp anymore and I'm starting to notice it honestly
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I agree stam is op at the moment and I don't care who you are. Hell look at the biggies on YouTube king Richard a sorc. He's even a stam build magicka isnt really all that great for pvp anymore and I'm starting to notice it honestly

Hmmmm.... I don't think stam is over powered, I actually think the two are about as close to balance as they have been. Having more ulties deal physical damage would throw that balance out though.
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a silly troll thread stamina has been king for half a year. Since the cp tree was invented you could always mitigate magic damage and never physical damage. You have wrecking blow and Steel tornado and focus aim and caltrops. Let's not forget surprise attack and take flight. I could go on but why? We magic have proxy detonation and wait for it.... Nothing.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Such a silly troll thread stamina has been king for half a year. Since the cp tree was invented you could always mitigate magic damage and never physical damage. You have wrecking blow and Steel tornado and focus aim and caltrops. Let's not forget surprise attack and take flight. I could go on but why? We magic have proxy detonation and wait for it.... Nothing.

Wall of Elements brah..... Enemies melt remember!!!
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But remember what this patch does. One, the changes to cloak means less durability and survivability. That lose directly effects supreme attacks additional effects. So cloak changes combined with mag light and mark changes reduces the damage and survivability/durability 8n one swoop. Combine that with the champ tree passive added.

Stam nb will be weaker this patch. Mag sorc will reign supreme
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wall of Elements brah..... Enemies melt remember!!!

Where is my malestorm staff Phat? Hopefully Lunamarie comes back to game. Be nice to make my quarter mill ap per day again.

Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but that has only been because mag damage could be reduced while Stam could not. That is what made Stam better. All the ways to increase damage and no mitigation to it. That is no longer the case. Why did you see so many tornados and wrecking blows? Beaches they were the best Stam abilities where Stam reigned supreme. Now all mag ability damages are in one star while Stam still needs to look to multiple stars to buff some skills and ults.

I never said Stam wasn't dominate currently. But this is a pts thread. It should not just be either or dominate, but both equal. And don't play innocent. Mag dominated the first year of this game.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes but that has only been because mag damage could be reduced while Stam could not. That is what made Stam better. All the ways to increase damage and no mitigation to it. That is no longer the case. Why did you see so many tornados and wrecking blows? Beaches they were the best Stam abilities where Stam reigned supreme. Now all mag ability damages are in one star while Stam still needs to look to multiple stars to buff some skills and ults.

I never said Stam wasn't dominate currently. But this is a pts thread. It should not just be either or dominate, but both equal. And don't play innocent. Mag dominated the first year of this game.

So, because Stam is no longer superior/better/supreme, balance is lost? I feel like you are asking for a buff because you are no longer in the dominant position, not because you are in a lesser position. That is the very definition of imbalance!!
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, because Stam is no longer superior/better/supreme, balance is lost? I feel like you are asking for a buff because you are no longer in the dominant position, not because you are in a lesser position. That is the very definition of imbalance!!

No no no. You misunderstand.

With the changes damage versus mitigation is balanced in regards to mag and stam now. The issue still left over is damages. All mag builds can now place their champ points into one star to boost all mag based skills and ults. Stam builds have certain skills that do magic damage and all ults to magic damage. Which means that stam builds need to allocate their Champs points into 2 stars to increase damage. This means that mag builds have an advantage over stam builds now. I understand that stam.wins now. I want them to be balanced. However, next update mag will have the edge. By making abilities such as killers blade or cam hunter poison, diesel, or physical damage along with ults, then Stam builds will not be at a disadvantage in their champ tree allocation.

Again, I agree. Stam needed to be toned down. It was. But now it is back to mag builds with uperhand. These changes will make it even.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of ults, I can sort of see what you mean, however, when you take into account the entire PVP environment in the upcoming patch, I think you'll find that stam is in a stronger position with the changes to mobility and siege. Magicka builds are profoundly more affected by the changes to Retreating and stam damage from siege than stam users. I think you'll find that it will balance itself out in a rather messy way.
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the exception of ults, I can sort of see what you mean, however, when you take into account the entire PVP environment in the upcoming patch, I think you'll find that stam is in a stronger position with the changes to mobility and siege. Magicka builds are profoundly more affected by the changes to Retreating and stam damage from siege than stam users. I think you'll find that it will balance itself out in a rather messy way.

I see your point. But mag builds also have a whole lot utility and heals available to them along with abilities like purge. Where you lack in mobility you gain in other ways. On a side note, I'm sure we will see more ppl using charging maneuvers now.
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it will effect PVP that much since everyone is just going to be slotting Flawless and Meteor anyways. :persevere:

I'm fine with Flawless Dawnbreaker remaining magic damage since DoT damage is going to be in the "Physical" Constellation next patch, but some class ultimates need to swap to physical damage for parity in PVE.

Then again can you imagine a Physical Soul Harvest :o
    Edited by Dyride on February 24, 2016 6:01AM
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    1. bowmanz607
      bowmanz607
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Dyride wrote: »
      I don't think it will effect PVP that much since everyone is just going to be slotting Flawless and Meteor anyways. :persevere:

I'm fine with Flawless Dawnbreaker remaining magic damage since DoT damage is going to be in the "Physical" Constellation next patch, but some class ultimates need to swap to physical damage for parity in PVE.

Then again can you imagine a Physical Soul Harvest :o

It doesn't make sense to be magic damage. Mage guild for mag builds and fighters for stam. Mag can still boost dB off of one star. Stam two. Also, it make sense. Especially when one morph gives weapon damage.
    2. Zinaroth
      Zinaroth
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you even been on the PTS? Magicka builds are now able to achieve much more DPS than stamina builds, and when playing magicka comes the added bonus of awesome utility and much better defense, not to mention that they have been given some awesome item sets while the stamina ones are rather lackluster in comparison. Magicka builds will be superior in every way across every class. On live there's more balance between magicka and stamina than there will be next patch.
      Edited by Zinaroth on February 24, 2016 12:20PM
    3. Khaos_Bane
      Khaos_Bane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Some STA builds are ALREADY the highest DPS in the game, stop whining. How are people whining about STA ? Next patch STA will probably still be the highest DPS and even get buffed MORE with DB.
    4. Mumyo
      Mumyo
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats basically not a stam issue.
      Edited by Mumyo on February 24, 2016 12:26PM
    5. Khaos_Bane
      Khaos_Bane
      ✭✭✭✭✭

No no no. You misunderstand.

With the changes damage versus mitigation is balanced in regards to mag and stam now. The issue still left over is damages. All mag builds can now place their champ points into one star to boost all mag based skills and ults. Stam builds have certain skills that do magic damage and all ults to magic damage. Which means that stam builds need to allocate their Champs points into 2 stars to increase damage. This means that mag builds have an advantage over stam builds now. I understand that stam.wins now. I want them to be balanced. However, next update mag will have the edge. By making abilities such as killers blade or cam hunter poison, diesel, or physical damage along with ults, then Stam builds will not be at a disadvantage in their champ tree allocation.

Again, I agree. Stam needed to be toned down. It was. But now it is back to mag builds with uperhand. These changes will make it even.

STAM dominated DPS forever, but I agree with you their CP, skills, and ult need to be cleaned up to offer more options and scale correctly(not off mag). Some people posting about STA builds act as if they are WAY behind in DPS which is not true. STA just won't be nearly as dominant over MAG right now. That's where I agree with the poster you responded to, some STA players are pissed that they won't be so dominant and MAG/STA are more balanced.

Hey, some of the more popular streamers play STA builds. So I am sure @Wrobel will tune the game to WB spam, don't you worry.
      Edited by Khaos_Bane on February 24, 2016 12:33PM
    6. Alcast
      Alcast
      Class Representative

Not everyone plays a FOTM stamblade....just sayin

Ofcourse a Stamblade which is retared way too strong now does not loose too much...

but the already weak stam classes are getting even weaker....

Edited by Alcast on February 24, 2016 12:44PM
      https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
      https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
      https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

7. EsoRecon
      EsoRecon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      this threads bickering is amusing....
      L2P all of u, no excuses
      Xbox One [ NA ]
      Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
      Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
      (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
    8. Khaos_Bane
      Khaos_Bane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Alcast wrote: »

Not everyone plays a FOTM stamblade....just sayin

Ofcourse a Stamblade which is retared way too strong now does not loose too much...

but the already weak stam classes are getting even weaker....
      Not really. They just need some parity in ultimates and CP with changes to removing MAG from skill in favor of poison/disease. STA still has some of the best AoE and ST burst skills in the game.

Edited by Khaos_Bane on February 24, 2016 1:23PM
    9. actosh
      actosh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The lack of softcaps and the missing counters to negate for example crit or pen will cause more imbalance over the years. Also cp system wasnt well thought out in the long run. It was and will be a high dps stack as much stuff as u can.
      A total overhaul would be needed but i given up on it.