Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

pvp rewards, rng, and unusable gear.

dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
pvp rewards and rng.

some rng is fine. but there is a limit. its not a reward to get leki ligntning staff or marksmans axe, its a slap in the face. would you at least consider making it so you can only get useful items, and it randomly generates what item you receive.
an axe which set bonus is bow damage... lightning staff thats all stamina. it goes on and on. only make weapons for sets that can ACTUALLY get used with the set instead of rewarding us with unusable deconstruction trash.

it feels lazy design to have it generate any possible combination instead of spending some time sorting out what makes sense and what does not
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended.

Of course everyone agrees with you, but there is vendor trash in every game, and this one is no different.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally agree, but some of the 2, 3, and 4 piece bonuses are useful for builds besides those intended for the 5pc bonus. I actually appreciate the diversity of slots the new PvP sets come in, but only because they are tradeable. If they were BoP it would be a different story. After a few weeks it will be pretty easy to get the gear slot/set piece you want. However, does the reward bag loot still come in crappy traits? Because that is still an issue no matter what.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally agree, but some of the 2, 3, and 4 piece bonuses are useful for builds besides those intended for the 5pc bonus.

Agree ...

OP, remember that "useful" is different for everyone. Players don't even agree on what the best traits are. In addition, how is ZOS supposed to know what PvP bag reward is the best for your specific build?

There aren't easy answers, but so far I've been satisfied with the diversity in PTS PvP loot and high-end PvP vendor.

• dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally agree, but some of the 2, 3, and 4 piece bonuses are useful for builds besides those intended for the 5pc bonus.

Agree ...

OP, remember that "useful" is different for everyone. Players don't even agree on what the best traits are. In addition, how is ZOS supposed to know what PvP bag reward is the best for your specific build?

There aren't easy answers, but so far I've been satisfied with the diversity in PTS PvP loot and high-end PvP vendor.

its not about a specific build. an axe that increases bow damage is not that useful, staffs for stamina sets are not useful.
    sure there are some exceptions like magica benefits on single handed weapns for dual wielding.
    there already are limitations on what weapons come with sets with most sets, why argue to keep a bunch of useless junk.
    It would take work to decide and design what goes with what, it takes considerably less work to randomly generate every combination
    Xeven wrote: »
    Working as intended.

Of course everyone agrees with you, but there is vendor trash in every game, and this one is no different.

yes there is. and what im saying would not change that. you would still end up with tons of armor you wont use/ wrong traits on stuff you want. you would still trash most things you get. not adding completely useless set weapons would just slightly increase the chance you dont docon everything because there are less undesirable items.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree ...

A staff with a bow buff is useful to nobody. He is fundamentally correct.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree ...

yes but, for example, everyone agrees that decrease item degradation trait is useless... there things that are plain terrible it would be nice to have good, great, excellent, there is no need for terrible.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree ...

its not about a specific build. an axe that increases bow damage is not that useful, staffs for stamina sets are not useful.
    sure there are some exceptions like magica benefits on single handed weapns for dual wielding.
    there already are limitations on what weapons come with sets with most sets, why argue to keep a bunch of useless junk.
    It would take work to decide and design what goes with what, it takes considerably less work to randomly generate every combination
    Xeven wrote: »
    Working as intended.

yes there is. and what im saying would not change that. you would still end up with tons of armor you wont use/ wrong traits on stuff you want. you would still trash most things you get. not adding completely useless set weapons would just slightly increase the chance you dont docon everything because there are less undesirable items.

It's also not always about the 5pc bonus. Like I said, the 2, 3, and 4pc bonuses can be widely useful and combined in many ways outside of the intended focus of the 5pc bonus.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good points ... Agree there are some truly bad combinations that are likely useful to no one.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS just needs to eliminate Sturdy and Well-Fit from the game. NO ONE uses that crap. like...ever. After that, if you get one of the remaining traits, then it's up to RNGesus to bestow it's blessing upon you. Otherwise, it's free mats.

I'm just dreaming a little here, but it would be nice if PvP bags dropped the way they are on the PTS now. Nothing but set pieces. No well fit or sturdy to be found. THAT would make things way more rewarding.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • John_1999
    John_1999
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax should add all the new (old) sets, you can buy in the towns vendor to the rewards too!
    We always get the same items over and over and over and over again.

I have all items in all traits (ofc decrafted or sold).
    Magicka Templar: Tammi von Tamriel
    Stammina Templar: John James Smith

-Current CP: 3601-

-Just a noob in a world full of pro's.-
    -There is no bussines like lag bussines-
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see reward for worthy like a trash for decontruction, nothing more.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    ZoS just needs to eliminate Sturdy and Well-Fit from the game. NO ONE uses that crap. like...ever. After that, if you get one of the remaining traits, then it's up to RNGesus to bestow it's blessing upon you. Otherwise, it's free mats.

I'm just dreaming a little here, but it would be nice if PvP bags dropped the way they are on the PTS now. Nothing but set pieces. No well fit or sturdy to be found. THAT would make things way more rewarding.

are you kidding, you can get free block with sturdy+ other block reductions, its necessary for magica tanking. sturdy is one of the best traits now behind impen/divines/infused