Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What the **** - Templars have been living with this?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Allright, so i have been levelling a new baby-templar (magicka). And oh boy, i got a surprise with the Toppling Charge.

I have always "mained" a Sorc, so i have had my share of rages over how buggy the Overload ultimate is. But i had really no idea how templars have it. Their one and only key gapcloser, is the most bugged ability i have ever seen.

1. It will occasionally lock you out of ALL abilities. Sometimes for 1 minute, sometimes for 30 seconds.
2. It has insane bad pathfinding. Compared to other gapclosers like Crit Rush, you have SO many times where it will not fire off. I will not compare to Ambush which is too easy to connect with. But in my opinion they should all be like that.
3. Even WHEN you should DEFINITELY have path to the enemy, you can get a bug where it won't fire. You can stand right in front of enemy, and you will only fire the first microsecond of the animation, and then it will cancel, as if you lost LOS.

This has, single handedly, caused me to stop playing this class any further. As a magicka class, looking to use Sweeps, it is crucial to have a gapcloser. And i am not going to play something, which is bugging out THAT much. The rage when i died because of it, would simply be too much.

So - all of my sympathy goes out to you Templars, who have been living with this so long. You are real troopers.
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't use the skill. It does not bug out on me the few times I have used it, i just have no need for a Gap Closer on my magic templar.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4. When you use it on a Mage guard who has cast a recent Eclipse on you, YOU get knocked down. It's a projectile spell apparently.
    PC EU
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club!
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or try casting it closer than 3 meters, you will go into animation for 1-2 seconds but nothing will happen.

As others said, welcome to the club!
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Allright, so i have been levelling a new baby-templar (magicka). And oh boy, i got a surprise with the Toppling Charge.

I have always "mained" a Sorc, so i have had my share of rages over how buggy the Overload ultimate is. But i had really no idea how templars have it. Their one and only key gapcloser, is the most bugged ability i have ever seen.

1. It will occasionally lock you out of ALL abilities. Sometimes for 1 minute, sometimes for 30 seconds.
    2. It has insane bad pathfinding. Compared to other gapclosers like Crit Rush, you have SO many times where it will not fire off. I will not compare to Ambush which is too easy to connect with. But in my opinion they should all be like that.
    3. Even WHEN you should DEFINITELY have path to the enemy, you can get a bug where it won't fire. You can stand right in front of enemy, and you will only fire the first microsecond of the animation, and then it will cancel, as if you lost LOS.

This has, single handedly, caused me to stop playing this class any further. As a magicka class, looking to use Sweeps, it is crucial to have a gapcloser. And i am not going to play something, which is bugging out THAT much. The rage when i died because of it, would simply be too much.

So - all of my sympathy goes out to you Templars, who have been living with this so long. You are real troopers.

Sorc not able to play because of a bugged ability? hotfix incomming ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just laughed the whole time I read that. It's gotten so bad that's about all I can do. When TC bugs out on me my reaction is always to just attempt to switch bars and spam heals/survive until the game starts working properly again. Doesn't always work though, in which case I rage just like you and log onto my NB.
    Edited by SneaK on February 22, 2016 4:14PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing that MAY help is drinking a poition.
    Works for me most of the time but friends stay stuck...
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The primary use for Toppling Charge is comedy. Getting stuck in the animation and not being able to cast anything else is always good for a laugh.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toppling Charge is so that the devs can kill you for your tel var stones.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc bug: overload glitches and you get to keep your magelight buff.
    Templar bug: gap closer glitches and you get to stand there and take it like a man, while being unable to use any skill.

But don't fret.. there's a workaround.. waste a potion to debug yourself... though that tidbit of info probably caused ZOS to move it way down the prio list, as there's a "fix"... hence.. not important enough.

Edited by Docmandu on February 22, 2016 5:11PM
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭

People call me a crybaby and salty on these forums everyday, but they have no idea how bad Templars (Stamplars, especially) really are.
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to discourage you, OP, but that's just the tip of the broken and dysfunctional iceberg that is the Templar.

Pro tipp: Don't look at the class passives, or you'll start to cry.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on February 22, 2016 6:02PM
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a core reason why many of us are growingly becoming very upset. Templar players have been patient for a couple of years on this, but when we see every other gap closer functioning smoothly, it becomes infuriating that they keep 'fixing' this skill to no avail.

I'll be honest I think the gold sellers that hit ESO in the first month of the game are a root cause of why Templar has the problems it does. Those gold sellers used software to stack up on templars following each other and charge-jab spam dungeon bosses. Because of those guys, a lot of the things wrong with the class came up, some things were simply made worse. As a class Templar really hasn't ever gotten out of that condition.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club!
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    Or try casting it closer than 3 meters, you will go into animation for 1-2 seconds but nothing will happen.

As others said, welcome to the club!

I'm gonna switch it up a bit...Welcome to Wrobel's Club House of Broken Templar Abilties! Enjoy your stay...just don't drink the water..because it's not water. It's actually all the blood, sweat and tears of every templar that has ever been KIA due to toppling fail. Which at this point is probably every templar in existence :(

To those templars who are about to die due to focused charge failure, I salute you!
    Edited by Akinos on February 22, 2016 7:15PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the more you know :D
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new Templar was coming along really nicely. I got Toppling Charge and used it on a zombie. I was all like "this looks really cool! No bugs here why are all of the Templars complaining?"

So I went into PvP.....

Within 2 minutes I found myself sprinting with retreating maneuvers toward an enemy player. They begin to look my way and I smashed Toppling Charge.....

Long story short, I fast-traveled my butthurt Temp to Stormhaven and respecced immediately. Not going to lose access to my character for some stupid gap closer. How could a skill be LITERALLY BROKEN? Why ZOS!!!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. When you use it on a Mage guard who has cast a recent Eclipse on you, YOU get knocked down. It's a projectile spell apparently.

Eclipse does not just reflect projectile spells, it reflects all single target spells.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Eclipse does not just reflect projectile spells, it reflects all single target spells.

Not any more :trollface:
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its partly getting fixed next patch it will now be dodgeable.

GCD bar lockout and broken pathfinding I expect will not be fixed :)

Maybe it will cost more like sweeps who knows
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    This is the whole reason i ditched my magicka templar for a stamina build I was fed up with this toppling charge glitching all the time and not being able to cast any of my spells, changed to stamina use critical rush no problem at all
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People use TC?
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People use TC?

Apparently stamina templars do. :smirk:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its partly getting fixed next patch it will now be dodgeable.

GCD bar lockout and broken pathfinding I expect will not be fixed :)

Maybe it will cost more like sweeps who knows

Some folks tested the new fix added yesterday, the lockout and the failure to launch are still there.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allright, so i have been levelling a new baby-templar (magicka).

Why in hell did you do that? xD

(Naw, should be some good dps if not best potentially, at least in pve after patch but lol I literally checked the thread date out of lol )
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't go out of your house, baby templar.
    Gave up.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I didn't use to slot it for the longest time, but I've found it's an essential part of my mobility when fighting close range in fields and cover. Kind of risk vs. reward, but it at least works most of the time for me.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I have to say as much as I b & moan about stam sorc problems, templars got some serious issues. At least none of our issues are serious mechanical problems.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toppling Charge is so that the devs can kill you for your tel var stones.

I died :lol:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CiUl0jd.jpg
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    Toppling Charge has always sucked. Even as a Magicka Templar, I have always preferred Stampede (Critical Rush morph). It snares which is nice with Jabs.
    My solution to Champion Point System here