The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Deconstructing higher level items question

Earelith
Earelith
✭✭✭
A friend of mine made me some vr4 items to deconstruct for increased inspiration. I get a message that i cannot recover all the materials due to low level etc.

But do i get the full inspiration from deconstructing?or there is a penalty in place? I cannot check with numbers since i am on console and have no addons..

Thanks
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It means that if you decon any items over your level,you wont be able to get all the mats it would deliver if it was at your level or lower.At least this is what happens with me.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    That is correct. The higher the level the more inspiration you receive but less resources. Also stolen items give the most inspiration and best chance to get max resources.
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both. Do i have to launder stolen items first before i decon? Cause it does not seem to five that much of inspiration...

Also i deconstructed a vr4 green belt crafted by my friend on my toon with level 21 blacksmith, and the level didnt move that much, especially compared with a level ~30 green item i got drop from npc..

Are you sure you get full inspiration from high level items?
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    No you don't need to launder them you can just deconstruct them. Low level items will always give low inspiration tho. Go to alley behind the bank in bangkori and take all the weapons and deconstruct them. Also pick up every hide and ore and plant used in crafting as refining them gives inspiration too. So does crafting and improving. And by refining you have a chance to get purple and gold tempers. It takes time and the higher your level the longer it will take but these are the quickest ways without having CP to gain the inspiration boost. Eso plus gives you 10% also. Oh and doing writs is another way. You get 1k inspiration for completing one.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do have to launder stolen items before deconning if you want the full inspiration.

This was a fairly recent change (with the launch of Orsinium, IIRC?); it used to be that you can directly decon stolen goods for full inspiration, but this is no longer the case.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thank you :) so i ll become a thief at the end..and my dream was to be a rightfull templar but life has other plans :wink:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earelith wrote: »
    Thank you both. Do i have to launder stolen items first before i decon? Cause it does not seem to five that much of inspiration...

Are you sure you get full inspiration from high level items?

You get full inspiration (or close to it) when deconstructing looted items. If there is a reduction, it is not much of one and nothing to worry about.
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    No you don't need to launder them you can just deconstruct them.

I have tested this.

Stolen items give 10% of the inspiration that Laundered or Looted non stolen items do. Also, some items you launder go to 0 value after laundering and still give 10% of the inspiration. However if you improve the 0 value item to Green, you get full inspiration.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    No you don't need to launder them you can just deconstruct them.

I have tested this.

Stolen items give 10% of the inspiration that Laundered or Looted non stolen items do. Also, some items you launder go to 0 value after laundering and still give 10% of the inspiration. However if you improve the 0 value item to Green, you get full inspiration.

Yeah, I noticed the change with IC or Orsinium that if you launder white stolen gear, the value goes to zero, so I don't bother laundering stolen white gear any more for my alts. I do, however, decon white stolen gear with my main crafter, as I get quite a bit of mats this way to help me complete my writs. If it's green, then I do launder it for my alts. I'd rather loot all the gear in Coldharbour and improve it to green for my alts to decon - saves the laundering fee.
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Do as i do, become a thief and earn money and than go to guild traders and buy high level dec gear with the money you have earned by stealing ^^ easy piecy
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Skyper wrote: »
    Do as i do, become a thief and earn money and than go to guild traders and buy high level dec gear with the money you have earned by stealing ^^ easy piecy

hehe, I recently started stealing and fencing strategy and I am earning around 3-4k per character :) Although I keep that money for bag updates and skill resets. Maybe I will invest some money for buying high level items for decon. Thanks.
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭

hehe, I recently started stealing and fencing strategy and I am earning around 3-4k per character :) Although I keep that money for bag updates and skill resets. Maybe I will invest some money for buying high level items for decon. Thanks.

I dont know where you are but if you ever are in Reaper marsh, then go to a place (forgot the name) not far from Dune, there is a place where you picepocket alot of npc, and i mean alot! almost no guards there, its the place where npc go to bet and gamble = )

20k just waiting for you
  • BashMegaMoth
    BashMegaMoth
    ✭✭
    The most efficiënt way is still to have a high level friend who doesn't care about deconstructing or already has his crafting levels maxed. Ask them to send their weapon and armor to you via mail and deconstruct that, and give some money for their time. If you deconstruct a vet16 weapon with intricate you get like 20k Inspiration, if I am correct.
    "Every insult and every slight must be repayed in kind.''
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭

I dont know where you are but if you ever are in Reaper marsh, then go to a place (forgot the name) not far from Dune, there is a place where you picepocket alot of npc, and i mean alot! almost no guards there, its the place where npc go to bet and gamble = )

20k just waiting for you

I am writting down this to use it when i reach that place in cadwell silver or gold..for now i steal on the castle of wayrest..then logout / login until i have 110 treasures to fence..
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭

20k just waiting for you

I am writting down this to use it when i reach that place in cadwell silver or gold..for now i steal on the castle of wayrest..then logout / login until i have 110 treasures to fence..

Haha awesome = ) heres the place name Hadrans Caravan ^^ and i said wrong, its not some quards its none ! : D
    Edited by Reedx on January 26, 2016 1:06AM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most efficiënt way is still to have a high level friend who doesn't care about deconstructing or already has his crafting levels maxed. Ask them to send their weapon and armor to you via mail and deconstruct that, and give some money for their time. If you deconstruct a vet16 weapon with intricate you get like 20k Inspiration, if I am correct.

Only if you are of a level that will let you get all the mats from it.Whenever I decon an item that is too high a level for me,I get that poping up on my screen.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Something is broken or there is some penalty that I'm not aware of. My low level alt was at level 4 in clothing. I sent her some items from my main. One was a v15 intricate. She got a whopping 1600 inspiration from it. I was expecting to gain at least a couple of levels from just that one item. I was quite angry to see the bar barely move. I get better inspiration from something that's level 25 and NOT intricate. So idk what's going on with inspiration. Does anyone know how this works anymore?

EDIT: I'm at lvl 5 now in clothing. A green quality non intricate lvl 27 item just gave me 1700 inspiration compared to the v15 INTRICATE that I deconstructed earlier for 1600 inspiration. :/

EDIT: I'm at lvl 4 in woodworking and non intricate v14 items give me 3300 inspiration in woodworking. It seems the numbers are all over the place. I'm not sure why woodworking items give 2x more inspiration than intricate clothing items. I have not spent any skill points in woodworking or clothing either, so it's not that. Seems kinda random.
    Edited by Ignotus on February 18, 2016 7:57AM